New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Hero Academy #2: Whodunit

((On an related note, sun, your avatar is filling me with the desire to check the Academy's potted plants ))
    ((*snerk*))

Techno-Paladin looks around. "I don't think we're talking about electronic surveillance...They knew about your search for Dr Knack, so, presumably, they were watching you today while you were out there.
    As for your question, FX...As a matter of fact, I am putting the Academy on hiatus. I'm not risking all of your lives like this any further, at least until we get a better idea of who our foe is."

((Please note that Techno-Paladin putting the Academy on hiatus doesn't mean the campaign is on hiatus!))
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

"Err, I know this is none of my business, but is that really a good idea? I mean, does putting the Academy on hiatus make you any less of a target? Looking at it from a bad guy's perspective, the Academy going on hiatus is a good thing, but the brutal demise of everyone involved would be even better. And you'd be even easier to beat if you were separated."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2008-05-17 at 05:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Sorry I haven't posted in ages. This site has refused to load for me...))

Sekhmet, upon hearing Techno-Paladin's words, immediately looks on in shock. When Leshii comments, she nods furiously. "Yeah! Besides, I can't stop coming here! If I do, my parents will make me go to boarding school or something!" She explained, looking almost panicked. "I mean, think of the people that'd put in danger... And all..." She says, trying to calm herself, but it is clear she is worried of school uniforms and teasing far more than safety. "They won't let me go on digs to Egypt with them anymore, they're scared I'll start being worshiped." The goddess explained, putting her head in her hands and looking very mournful at such a prospect.

4. - Top - End - #454

"Nobody's getting kicked out." says Techno-Paladin. "The Academy is still open to all of its students. But I will not be sending you on any missions for the time being. Not until we get a clearer idea of what the threat is."

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet sighed with relief at that, resting her face in her palms as she allowed her heart to stop racing again. "Oh... Good... Okay. Well, that's fine, I guess... We can still superhero on our own, right?" She asks, looking curious about that.

6. - Top - End - #456

Quote Originally Posted by Axelgear View Post
    Sekhmet sighed with relief at that, resting her face in her palms as she allowed her heart to stop racing again. "Oh... Good... Okay. Well, that's fine, I guess... We can still superhero on our own, right?" She asks, looking curious about that.
    Techno-Paladin sighs. "If you come across a burning building, I can't really tell you not to help people get out, now can I?
    Just be careful."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet nods slowly. "Works for me. There's just one person in particular I need to settle a score with..." She said, linking her hands and cracking her knuckles, shifting to stand, walking away. "I'm going to go monitor the news, unless there's anything else?" She asks, pausing at the stairs.

8. - Top - End - #458

"I'd suggest that you be particularly careful. Not just because you're - forgive the frankness - a hothead with self-control issues, but also because Drain is probably going to hold a grudge against you for turning his body into one big third-degree burn. Oh, he'll find someone in the Cryosphere to fix him, but he'll still have it in for you..."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

She shrugged gently at that "It's not Drain I'm after. If he comes back, it'll be an open air battle and I'll do more than just burn him a little." And, with that, Sekhmet walks up the stairs, closing the door to her room, flicking on the TV, and watching, waiting for news of White Knight...

10. - Top - End - #460

((Um, guys other that Axelgear? You're allowed to post too...))

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, Sehkmet seems to have the right idea. I'm going to do some research on the Triads. They skipped a big civil war today, and I figure I should help get it back on track." Leshii gets to her feet. "The torture part wasn't great, but it was an honour to work with you guys."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2008-05-30 at 10:38 AM.

12. - Top - End - #462

"Well. That went swimmingly. So we're on our own, but not. Swell." FX heads to the main lounge and starts flipping channels. Once he hits G4, he puts the remote back and starts tapping on his doohickey.

((Yes, that's a technical term. :-p ))

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

(I think that's it for this chapter...)

14. - Top - End - #464

((Probably, yeah. I'll be starting next chapter very soon...But I was kinda hoping for a post from Powerhouse.))

15. - Top - End - #465