New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Hero Academy #2: Whodunit

Sekhmet just winces at this and clutches her paw, hopping from foot to foot as if this will, in some mystical way, cause the pain in her hand to subside.

"Oooow! Why didn't you suggest that before!? I didn't think that was an option, I thought we had to figure some alternate way out..." She mutters, feeling a little stupid, holding her, though probably couldn't see so, reddening hand.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Folks, are you still checking the thread?))
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

3. - Top - End - #93

((I have been, but there's really been nothing to respond to.))

4. - Top - End - #94

((I've been wondering how to jumpstart this campaign.
    One of the things I've wondered is whether I should abandon the 'teaching' part, keeping it mostly off-camera, and focus on plot progression (I mean, we've barely started the plot). Opinions?))

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Personally, I think that would help a bit. I'd like to see the characters actually do something. The VR thing is sort of confusing))
    Last edited by Axelgear; 2007-10-11 at 06:29 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96

((All right, folks, here's the deal:
    We're going to go onward with this, and skip the training completely. I'll post a summary of events, we'll jump into the part after Bleu-Blanc-Rouge leaves. Now I just need to know who among you is still with us.))

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Well... There's me... Anyone else?))

8. - Top - End - #98

((Me as well.))

9. - Top - End - #99

((Suzaku is apparently out of PbP games, Dawnstrider_Moogle has a number of difficulties (up to and including a ruined laptop) and out for te foreseeable future, Mick_the_Rogue...hasn't answered my PM yet, so I just sent him a new one. Another player is ready to enter the game. I'm giving Mick another day or two to reply, then we'll move on with this thing.))

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

((I'm here, sorry haven't really been on the Giant forums lately, since all my other games have either moved or died off, I kinda figured this one did the latter...At any rate I'm willing to try my hand at this again and will try to post as often as my colligiate schedule allows...go super heros))
    My Science Blog
    Current: Weight Loss: The Honest Truth

11. - Top - End - #101

((hooray! And now, fast-forward.))

After a harrowing exercise in the Danger Deck, Bleu-Blanc-Rouge takes you on a fast-paced patrol through the city. The patrol is mercifully uneventful, allowing you to relax a bit after the simulated Freak Fortress - until your teacher gets a call on his cell phone.
    "Bad news. Apparently, a possible cell of the Combat Network has been located in Pennsylvania. My presence there is required by Task Force Synapse ((if these names don't ring a bell, just check the OOC thread)). Celerity, you are under no obligation, but the assistance of a speedster could be rather useful there. The rest of you, continue with your patrol. My apologies for the sudden interruption, but international security comes first."
    And so it is that, a few minutes later, the three of you ((Powerhouse, Sekhmet and FX)) are patrolling the street when you hear a scream. Turning around, you see a window washer on the other side of the street who is apparently having a little job accident - more specifically, he's falling from a height of six stories.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Until this point, this had been an interesting patrol. The young woman flies gleefully through the air, enjoying the freedom of moving like this in the open city. Until now, Sekhmet had only ever flown indoors or just barely above the ground, and, despite a few shaky moments when she first took off, she quickly gains the hang of it, and even laughs as she glides about as easily as a paper bag caught in an updraft. For flying, Sekhmet also makes sure to put her pants back on, not willing to do so in just her skirt. Her jacket soon follows thanks to the bitter evening weather.

Sekhmet doesn't even have to think. Before people can even look and scream, the small goddess is in the air, dashing at top speed towards the falling man and attempts to scoop him out of the air, catching him in her arms. "Gotcha!" She cries and smiles broadly before descending swiftly to the ground with all due haste. Once she touches down, her claws clatter on the ground, and she lets the man down. "There you are. You should be more careful." She smiled, not really sure how to react. She wasn't entirely sure what to do when one just saved a life. It was almost awkward, standing there, unsure, as she stood and smiled at the man.

Spoiler
    Show
    This post assumes she saves him, unless you have plans otherwise.
    Last edited by Axelgear; 2007-10-30 at 05:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Leshi was walking home when she heard the cry from above.

Looks like today is not this guy’s lucky day.

Immediately, her body elongated, shooting up until she met the falling man twenty feet from the ground. As she made contact, her legs rose up off the ground to meet her body, and she wrapped herself around the unfortunate window washer, spreading her mass outward from him to act as a cushion. The fall wouldn’t be a problem for her; the important thing was the she take the brunt of it.

((Hey guys, I'm the new player sun_tzu been mentioning. I'm looking forward to some good 'ol fashioned hero-y goodness. Anyways, since we both seem to be acting independently, I figure I'll just post what I would do, and sun'll figure out how it goes down.))

14. - Top - End - #104

This post assumes she saves him, unless you have plans otherwise.
    ((The plan is that you and Leshi end up acting simultaneously ))

Leshi, being closest to the accident, reaches the man first with her elongated body. This slightly changes his trajectory, requiring Sekhmet to make a last-second change in trajectory to catch both of them.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet is a bit confused by the result of her actions, ending up descending carrying what amounts to a very confused window-washer and a human balloon. Descending slowly, she places them both down, and scratches her head a moment. She can't even tell what the thing she just saved is, thanks to Leshi wrapping her form around the man. "Um... Hello?" She states timidly.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

"Uh, hi."

Leshii's voice is a little muffled by her balloon like form. She quickly shifts back into the closest thing she has to a standard form, a slim, dark haired woman.

"Thanks for the assist. I wasn't sure if I could muffle the impact enough."

Leshii sticks out her hand. "I'm Leshii."

17. - Top - End - #107

"Th-thanks..." says the window washer, obviously a bit shaken.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Powerhouse nodded towards Skehmet as she went to help, he could've but he was nowhere near fast enough for that, and the possibility for collateral damage was rather high for it.

He followed after Skehmet watching as the 'stretcher' tried to help

I hate these guys, I gotta be creative when I'm dealing with them...
    he thought making his way towards them. He was dressed in a black leather jacket with a dark helmet that one couldn't see through. His pants were simple jeans that looked to have some holes in them. If he was a super hero, he was definitely an odd one

He looked briefly down towards the window clerk and nodded when he said he was alright, looking up towards the 'stretcher'

"Good job Skehmet...and...you..."
    he said pausing "Forgive me for being rude, but who the hell are you and why're you here?"
    My Science Blog

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

"My name's Leshii, and I was here because it's on my way home. And who're you, exactly?"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet's attention leaves the window washer, though she does nod at him to make sure he knows he's acknowledged. After a moment, she takes the offered hand and shakes it gently, still staring at Leshi with confusion. She barely even notices that Powerhouse arrives after her. "You're... Welcome..." She stammers out eventually, long after the appropriate moment to state it has passed.When it comes times for introductions, Sekhmet obligingly lets Powerhouse go first.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

"For lack of a better name, they call me Powerhouse" he said looking towards Skehmet and the others to do their introductions

"We're on patrol of the city while the big boys go and play"
    My Science Blog

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

"Nice to meet you, Powerhouse."

Leshii notices Powerhouse's companion giving her an odd look. After surreptitiously checking to make sure she morphed the correct number of arms and legs, she realizes that her transformation from a human into a fleshy mattress and back again might have been a bit disconcerting.

"It's all right. I'm a shapeshifter."

As a demonstration, she metamorphoses into Powerhouse, worn jeans and all. She grins.

"Perfectly natural, see?"
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2007-10-31 at 01:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet was about to introduce herself when Leshii morphs and she jumps noticeably at this, moving into an undeniably cat-like stance with her hands pulled up and one leg raised, a naturally defensive stance. When she calms herself, which is quite quickly after this, she shakes her head slowly and moves a strand of misplaced hair out of her face. "Sorry, shapeshifters give me the willies. The idea that anyone can be anyone else really takes away any element of trust." She shakes her head again, more gently now "But you seem nice enough. My name's Sekhmet, and it's a pleasure to meet you. Well, no, that's not true. Sekhmet then catches herself and her eyes go wide as she stammers to correct herself. "Uh, the name bit that is! Not... The... Pleasure to meet you bit. I have another name but I sort of abandoned it when I became... This." She says simply and directs her hands from her furry and snouted head, headdress and all, down towards her bare, padded feet. Her tail dances as well, as if trying to catch attention as well.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Leshii reverts back to her normal self.

"It's understandable. Shapeshifting isn't the most...trustworthy power in the world, but I'll try my best not to give you the willies. Pleased to meet you, Sekhmet. Hmm. Actually, the name sounds familiar. Are you Egyptian?"
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2007-10-31 at 08:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Powerhouse gives a slight grunt when the woman transforms into him an shakes his head, his expression hidden inside his helmet

"How nice..."
    he said his voice dripping with sarcasm at the transformation, looking towards Skehmet and FX

"We should get going back on patrol again...as exciting as that is"
    My Science Blog

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet, however, is focused on the conversation and doesn't really hear Powerhouse's order. That, or she didn't want to. "It's an Egyptian name. I'm not. I thought I used to be, but... Things have gotten more complicated lately as to my origin. I'm part British, part..." And she points her hand upwards "Up there, somewhere. I don't know where exactly." She shrugs, smiling proudly as she states her origin.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see."

Leshii grins, somewhat confused by the origin of the (apparent) Egyptian/Alien Brit. She looks over at Powerhouse for a moment.

"Anyway, it sounds like you better get back to patrolling. I've got to head home, but I'm doing the hero thing full-time now, so maybe we'll run into each other again."

28. - Top - End - #118

"Now now, don't leave so fast" says a man as he steps out of the crowd. He's wearing rather casual clothes, but his right arm is in a sling. A mechanical sphere about six inches wide is floating in the air right next to his head, moving around and zig-zagging to follow. He seems kinda familiar. FX, having photographic memory, actually recognizes him.
    "Anyway, since we're doing introductions, I'm Improv. Pleased ta meetcha."

((Improv is one of the members of the Liberty League - the premier superhero group in New York. Not even remotely as big a name as the Global Champions, but still relatively big. Improv is supposed to be their gadget guy.
    As mentioned in the previous chapter, the Liberty League recently suffered a defeat at the hands of the New Predators, led by the powered-up Brick. Hence Improv's broken arm.))

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

"Leshii. It's a pleasure. Have we met? You look familiar."

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    "Leshii. It's a pleasure. Have we met? You look familiar."
    "Been on the news a few times. I'm with the Liberty League."

((The name Improv has enough notoriety in NYC that most of you would probably realize who he is after hearing it.))