New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Hero Academy #2: Whodunit

The name and image finally click in her mind.

"Oh yeah! You're that Improv. Sorry about that; I just moved here, so I'm still learning the famous faces."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    The name and image finally click in her mind.

"Oh yeah! You're that Improv. Sorry about that; I just moved here, so I'm still learning the famous faces."
    Improv chuckles. "Well, my teammates include Vigilance, Dr Hex, Banner and Komodo, so I'm not really the one who gets the most attention, usually."

((There was a brief description of the Liberty League in the fourth page of the OOC thread. Vigilance and Komodo had a brief appearance toward the end of chapter 1. I'm writing too many footnotes.))
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Powerhouse watches the sphere that zigzags around Improv's head with a certain amout of annoyance watching it go back and forth for a moment. He then turns back towards Improv

"We saw Komodo and Vigilence a few days ago...so what can we do for you then that doesn't involve us continuing on patrol?"
    My Science Blog
    Current: Weight Loss: The Honest Truth

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_the_Rogue View Post
    Powerhouse watches the sphere that zigzags around Improv's head with a certain amout of annoyance watching it go back and forth for a moment. He then turns back towards Improv

"We saw Komodo and Vigilence a few days ago...so what can we do for you then that doesn't involve us continuing on patrol?"
    "I'm glad you asked.
    Remember Brick? Super-strong mutant? Member of the New Predators? Dead as a doornail?
    Well, I've known Brick for years, and he's always been a dangerous guy. But when the League and the Predators last fought, he was...Different. Suddenly, on top of the ludicrous strength, he could fly, had force-fields that even Vigilance couldn't punch through, energy blasts...It was like fighting the Avatar.
    And then, right after becoming the single most powerful supervillain in town, he commits suicide.
    I want to figure out what the heck happened. And I was hoping you could help me."

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

((Would Brick's death and the cause have been reported, or is it a secret?))

6. - Top - End - #126

((Would Brick's death and the cause have been reported, or is it a secret?))
    ((It made the news last week - he charged into a mall, found a can of pesticide, and drank it. That's all you've heard.))

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    ...It was like fighting the Avatar.
    ((Foreshadowing, perhaps? ))

"It does seem a little weird, doesn't it. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. But why me, exactly?"

8. - Top - End - #128

((Foreshadowing, perhaps? ))

"It does seem a little weird, doesn't it. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. But why me, exactly?"
    "Well, they because they were there when Brick died, and I was hoping they could tell me more." Improv gestures at Sekhmet, Powerhouse and FX. "You because you're here now, and you can never have too many people on a mission like this. My arm is broken, most of my teammates are at the hospital, and those that aren't are unavailable - so, I'll take all the help I can get."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Leshii shrugs.

'That works for me. Of course, it's really up to Sekhmet, Powerhouse, and their friend here. They should have a say in who they work with."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Brick came into a hardware store and ended up gulpin' down pesticides like it was water..." he said pausing "Talked about 'screw these powers' that it wasn't worth it...mentioned a named...Kotos" he said looking towards Improv with a shrug "Not exactly the sort of death I imagined he'd have"
    My Science Blog

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_the_Rogue View Post
    "Brick came into a hardware store and ended up gulpin' down pesticides like it was water..." he said pausing "Talked about 'screw these powers' that it wasn't worth it...mentioned a named...Kotos" he said looking towards Improv with a shrug "Not exactly the sort of death I imagined he'd have"
    "You can say that again. I have trouble thinking of anything that could drive Brick of all people to kill himself.
    Kotos...Doesn't ring a bell. What did he say about him?"

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet, who was mumbling to herself a few things about whether or not this was what a normal patrol would be like. When she does speak up, it's to toss in another interesting feature of what Brick said moments before he crossed over.

"Didn't say anything, really," She begins, rubbing the back of her head and thinking "'Cept that when he got here that we'd be doomed, or something like that, and that I was one of them, whatever 'they' are." She explains, shrugging.
    Last edited by Axelgear; 2007-11-01 at 02:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Powerhouse shrugged "Probably some big bad extraterrestrial with a god complex..." he said folding his arms defensively, "Something more for the big boys to investigate than for us" he said looking over towards FX and Skehmet "Someone's gotta do it, since they're off trying to save the whole world, we may as well just try to save part of it"
    My Science Blog

14. - Top - End - #134

FX remains quiet throughout all of this. However, Powerhouse's last statement seems to jolt him out of his shell. "Speak for yourself, big guy. I, for one, have a Lancelot complex."

15. - Top - End - #135

"You know, maybe this is out of our league" says Improv. "Brick's power levels back there were phenomenal, and if he was so scared of that Kotos or whatever that he killed himself, then what we're dealing with might be something only the Global Champions can deal with.
    But you know what? If I was smart enough to stay away from danger, I wouldn't be a superhero in the first place. And I say that as a tech hero who invents his own gadgets.
    So, I guess the question is: Are you folks careless enough to join me and investigate this thing?"

((I'd rather hope so. Plot hooks don't grow on trees!))

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Powerhouse shrugs, looing towards FX,s haking his head "Yeah, we'll help and all..." he said, taking his hands down from being folded and placing them into his pockets

"If it really is as bad as it sounds and we're over our heads, we get back up"
    he said over his shoulder and back to Improv "All you had to do was ask" he said with a slight chuckle from under his helmet
    My Science Blog

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, now that it's settled, where exactly do we begin?" Leshi said, unsure.

"We have a name, but not a reason. If he was so powerful, why would he give up all of it? Maybe there were side-effects?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet nods in agreement to the proposal to search. For a brief moment, she reaches into her pocket and looks flustered as if something she thought was there wasn't, but then suddenly remembers and relaxes. Instead, she reaches into another pocket and takes out a bottle of water and a packet of flavouring crystals, which she pours into the bottle and shakes up until it turns a purple-red colour. After a sip of this, she joins in the conversation.

"Well, if Brick's powers are anything like mine, I'd be fairly certain there are. I become pretty angry in battle, to the point of ignoring common sense sometimes. Plus, I think I'm one of the few women on the planet who regularly has to shave her feet..." She adds, wiggling her toes, the claws clattering on the pavement as she does. Then, after another sip, "Though I'm fairly certain, whatever it was, was probably much worse than a hygienic or aesthetic problem."
    Last edited by Axelgear; 2007-11-02 at 09:57 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

"I'll definitely want to hear some more about your powers and origins, and see if they might have had something to do with Brick" says Improv. "Aside from that, I figure our best bet is to try to investigate what Brick had been doing prior to his suicide. When the Liberty League last fought the New Predators, Brick was clearly calling the shots, so I figure he had used his power-up to become their leader...but I think that's not the only thing he did. That same day, there was an explosion in Little China, in a spot owned by the Triades. Some of their thugs supposedly died, but there was no body at the funeral - as if, say, they had been vaporized by an energy blast. I wouldn't be surprised if the 'new and improved' Brick had stopped by Little China to tell the Triades who's boss.
    I know the spot their higher-ups hang out at. If all five of us go together, there's a possibility they won't dare attack us, and pretty good odds we'll survive even if they do. We might learn something."

20. - Top - End - #140

FX nods. "Sounds like a sound plan. Let's go with that."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

"Intimidating them so they don't fight us? Sounds like something I'd be pretty good at." Leshii grins mischievously as her form cycles through the active roster of the Global Champions. "Who do you think I should go as? The Avatar crashing a Triad bar would probably be a little conspicious."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2007-11-02 at 02:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

"Intimidating them so they don't fight us? Sounds like something I'd be pretty good at." Leshii grins mischievously as her form cycles through the active roster of the Global Champions. "Who do you think I should go as? The Avatar crashing a Triad bar would probably be a little conspicious."
    "Hm...Try going as me" suggests Improv. "It'll confuse them, and they're less confident like that."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

"Confused is definitely a quality I like in bad guys. How's this?" Leshii concentrates, and a moment later, Improv has a twin standing next to him. Leshii looks herself up and down, stretching her arms a few times to get used to her new centre of gravity. "Did I miss anything?"

24. - Top - End - #144

"Confused is definitely a quality I like in bad guys. How's this?" Leshii concentrates, and a moment later, Improv has a twin standing next to him. Leshii looks herself up and down, stretching her arms a few times to get used to her new centre of gravity. "Did I miss anything?"
    "Yeah. The broken arm. Other than that, perfect."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Sekhmet watches Leshii cycle through all the forms, she shivers and recoils from her once again, crossing her arms as if she was tryng to get warm. "Eesh... That's a bit dangerous, don't you think? And doesn't it feel weird pretending to be other people? It's like... I mean... Eesh... What if someone pretended to be someone you loved? A shapeshifter that stole the memories of someone you loved, killed them, and took their place?" Sekhmet just shivers, this clearly something she's probably thought of too much.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Leshii shifts once again, this time ending up with a cast and a broken arm. In order to add realism, the bone actually was in two pieces; not even an x-ray would see the break as anything but genuine. Of course, bone issues aren't really a disadvantage to someone who once squeezed herself through a keyhole.

Leshii tries to reassure her new teammate. "It could be dangerous, yes, but not much more than going on this mission as myself. And I admit, taking someone else's form is really weird at first, especially when you cross genders, but it's something you get used to. I mean, I'll bet it was more than a little awkward when you first started flying."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet shakes her head slowly, frowning still, closing her eyes when Leshii gets close. She even begins to cringe and bite her lip. "That's different. Flying or fireballs or super-strength... I may be a bit biased, actually having those, but even stuff like super-speed or teleportation or invisibility... Well, no, invisibility is kinda the same... But that doesn't matter! It's just that... It's just so easy to abuse the trust that comes with having a power like yours. Not that I expect you to." Sekhmet staggers for words, the young goddess unable to voice her feelings. It's clear shapeshifting is downright discomforting to her. "I'm sorry. It's just that shapeshifting really creeps me out. I don't know why, it just does. I have nothing against you, you seem alright... I'm just letting my imagination run wild." She sighs. After a moment, she shivers and creates a fireball and breathes into her hands, causing the flames to lick about, trying to warm herself up. The cold doesn't harm her, but she still feels it. "Can we just get going? It's worse when I think about it."
    Last edited by Axelgear; 2007-11-02 at 11:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

"I guess any power comes with the potential for misuse, though I do admit that shapeshifting's potential for abuse is certainly creepier than most. But you're right. This is something for later. For now, we should focus on the mission."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet nods in agreement "Good idea." With a turn of her head to Improv, she adds plainly "Lead the way."

((Waiting for Sun or whomever else has to post))
    Last edited by Axelgear; 2007-11-04 at 10:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

On the way to Little China (with some usage of public transportation), Improv keeps talking:
    "So, guys, could you tell me about yourselves? Especially you" he points at Sekhmet. "I know I'm the fast-thinking gadget guy, I know you can fly, I know you are elastic, and unless I'm mistaken you're Francis Cross, but other than that, what are your abilities and stories?"

((By the way, do people still check the OOC thread? I occasionally post important stuff there - and right now, I've posted suggested 2nd edition stats for your characters.))