Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Nasuverse in the Playground: Outbreak(Discussion and Interest Checking)

The rather generically named Minatochō(Port Town) is, as can be guessed, a port town located on the Sea of Japan. What can't be guessed is that the town was built on the location of an unusual confluence of ley-lines which make it attractive to a variety of supernatural and phantasmal beings. In particularly the Church and the Mage's Association both monitor the city closely.

Then, in the year 2015, the City was destroyed, and worse, the existance of undead creatures was revealed and confirmed to the outside world, when a plague of such creatures swarmed the city and slaughtered most of the populous.

In NasuITP:Outbreak, the initial PCs are survivors of this outbreak, putting it down, and, later, investigating it, where it came from, who caused it, and prevent future such outbreaks.

In between Point A and Point B, hover, are the other goings on in the Nasuverse, and even on the "Main" quest dificulties will abound, as organizatioons such as the Church or the Mage's association very much want to keep the world at learge from learning about anything else supernatural.

Ground Rules
    • This is a modern Day setting
    • I have no plans at this time to include a Grail War, thus, anything related to the Throne of Heroes must have a justification other than "Grail War."
    • As of this time, Canon Nasuverse Characters are not meant to make an appearance, though they can be mentioned if it would be reasonable for a character to know of them
    • As an Exception to the Above Rule, Heroic Spirits from Preexisting Nasuverse works can be involved, as long as the above rule concerning the Throne of Heroes is followed, though I would prefer canon heroic spirits summoned as themselves be avoided unless you plan to put a spin on them, such as summoning another aspect of the Spirit or call them as a class other than the one they appeared as in canon.
    • This Game is, for the Most Part, meant to draw most heavily from Fate/ and Tsukihime
    • Permissible Character Types include, but are not limited to, Normal Humans with unusual skills or training(badass normals,)Magi, Mixed Blood beings, Masters, Demi-Servants, or Quasi-Servants(Again, if you can justify the access to the Throne of Heroes), and characters with unusual abilities. Other character types, such as Magical Girls, Dead Apostles, or Agents of the Church, will be permitted on a case by case basis
    • The True Ancestors are effectively extinct in canon. Lets keep it that way.
    • I'd like it if, in character profiles, Attributes beyond human norms and supernatural abilities could be scaled following the "E-EX" scale used for Servant Stats, since that makes comparisons easier when PC on PC conflict happens.
    • Discuss things before doing them, either in the OOC or in PM.

The Character I intend to use will follow in a later post, as an example of the kind of character profile I'm looking for and the level of skill and/or power I'd like for starting characters at this time.

I do have an Empty Profile Template based on one used by another Freeform game on this board.

<Your character's name here>
    Spoiler
    Show

Height:
    Weight:
    Type of Character:

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What'cha look like

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What'cha act like

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where'ya come from.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Your Attributes, your mundane skills and abillities

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mundane Items you might have, or any aspect of your character that is not an ability or part of their backstory and description

- - - Updated - - -

Sōhei Yarimaru(Lancer)
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5'9''
    Weight:169 lbs
    Type of Character: Homunculus turned Demi-Servent

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yarimaru has an athletic build, but his slightly tanned skin mild brown skin, hazel eyes, and ambiguous features make it difficult to gauge where he;s from. despite his Japanese name. He looks rather plain.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yarimaru's personality is paradox. During peaceful times he's reserved and stoic, but during times of danger or excitement he's aggressive and playful. He also has a habit of referring to himself as handsome, despite his plain looks.

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sohei Yaraimaru is an assumed name. In actuality, half of Yarimaru is an experimental homunculus created from genetic matirial stolen from several magi from all over the world to maximize the number and quality of the magic circuits of the homunculus.

The Homunculus's creator, a European magus by the name of Richard Smith, was a first generation magus with a talent for alchemy. Lacking a Magus bloodline, his magical potential was limited and he was shunned by magi from dedicated families. Richard did not particularly like this, and dedicated his life to acessing some form of True Magic, using unethical rituals to transfer his soul into homunculus bodies to extend his life to over a century beyond it's limits. Eventually he learned of the Throne of Heroes, and hoped to tap it and draw upon the souls of Magi from the Age of Gods, beliving that they're tutalige would lead him further along the path to the True Magics he sought.

After a few decades, he devised a ritual that would let him brute force his way into the throne and summon an emeination of the spirits within, if only he could find enough mana to power the ritual.

Hence the experimental homunculi: Homunculi have a larger number and higher quality of Magical circuit than most humans, and thus a larger supply of prana to work with. By experimenting with genetic material from multiple sources, Richard was able to ensure that he had the most mana to work with.

By placing four such homunculi in strategic locations around a magic circle, he could drain off their prana to fuel the ritual. Unfortnatly for Richard, his knowledge of the Throne of Heroes was limited, and while some spirits were called, they were not called in the manner Richard would have preferred, and the ritual was disrupted, triggering an explosion of magical energy that killed Richard and three of the four homunculi.

With the ritual disrupted, the spirits so called faded back, save one, A Lancer Class spirit, who was summoned within the body of one of the homunculi. somehow, the last survivor of the ritual was able to contract with the spirit and become a demi-servant, and this is how Yarimaru was born.

He spent several days living in the ruins of his creator's lair, until, eventually, he was able to use the resources of his dead creator to create an identity for himself and move to a new location.

Between his birth and his relocation to Minatochō, he did research in his creator's lair, trying to decipher what he was. You see, the summoning and contracting between the two halves of his being was done improperly: Yarimaru knows not the identity of the Spirit he is bonded with, and nor is he properly bonded with it. All he knows for sure is that the legendary spirit to which he is bound belongs to the Lancer Class.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yarimaru posses great martial arts skill and proficiency in long ranged melee weapons, inherited from his spirit half.

However, he is not properly bonded with his Spirit half at this time, and thus has nowhere near the full extent of the Spirits powers at his disposal. In fact, he technically doesn't meat the qualifications of the Class his spirit half was summoned as. Not even his Nobel Phantasm is properly done: Though he has none of his bonded psirits identity within his conscious mind, he knows that it's form and power are but a pale reflection of it's true nature.

He posses super human attributes, as most spirits do.
    Strength: C
    Endurance: D
    Agility:B
    Mana:E(A++)
    Luck:E
    Noble Phantasm:D

His only Class Skill, Magic Resistance, is E ranked.

He posses the Divinity Personal Skill at E Rank

His Noble Phantasm, a pale imitation of the True Phantasm of the Spirit he's Bound to, takes the form of a simple staff. He knows not it's name, and has no ability at this time to unleash it's true power, though it's still a D-Rank magical weapon.

As a Homunculus, he has a great deal of magical enrgy, though most of it is bound up in maintaining his contract with the Lancer Class Spirit he's bound too.

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yarimaru has a great deal of money that he sort of...looted, from his dead creator.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-11-12 at 11:11 PM.
    I would like to preemptively apologize if I say or do anything rude. I have Asperger's syndrome and therefore sometimes come of as being rude when I do not Intend to. I answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw, and in Homestuck I'd be the Page of Life

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: My OC, Bookmark
    Show
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Nasuverse in the Playground: Outbreak(Discussion and Interest Checking)

ok,I'll give this a try,

if I remember correctly, its possible to play an oni-blooded with shadow magic yes? and something about heroic spirits being transhuman? so how can we make a transhuman oni-blooded person with shadow magic? perhaps a human studying dark magic because they find it interesting, but then the zombies break out and she makes a deal with a demonic spirit to merge with her for the power to survive against it? something like that?
    Mottos I live by:
    1. Orcs Should Be People. 2. Screw The Numbers, Have Fun. 3. Balance For The Balance God.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Nasuverse in the Playground: Outbreak(Discussion and Interest Checking)

It depends really on what you mean, because Trans human can refer to a state of being or to a philosophy.

The State is "was human, now better than human while retaining the positive aspects of human existance" Most Heroic Spirits are Transhuman under this definition.

The Philosophy is a human deliberately seeking out the state of being better than human while retaining the positive aspects of humanity.

But what you suggest, merging with an Oni, I'de allow it.

Other options for what you want would be a natural oni-descendant who just so happens to be a magus, with a shadow origin. Either their shadow magic(in the form of an unusual elemental affinity, origin, or both) or their system of mage craft, or both could originate from the abilities of the Oni ancestor, and the magus is either searching out ways to thicken their blood(and thus make themselves stronger) or the act of practicing and studying their magecraft itself strengthens the connection and thickens the blood.

Alternatively, Artoria Pendragon was made into a Dragon mixed blood by Merlin-her draconic magic core and her dragons blood were both infused into her artificial by the archetypical archmage. Your Character could have done the same to themselves, or had someone else do it too her, using Oni Blood either to enhance or to supplement her shadow magecraft?
    I would like to preemptively apologize if I say or do anything rude. I have Asperger's syndrome and therefore sometimes come of as being rude when I do not Intend to. I answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw, and in Homestuck I'd be the Page of Life

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Hm.

I guess its the state that matters more than the philosophy. which can work even with the emotional Inversion rage thing, a human's positive qualities can work around that sort of thing.

and since the thing is set as being one of the survivors, I'd go with the method that allows her to survive against the zombie hordes in desperation. which could be already oni-blooded then making a desperate ritual to go all the way, or just a normal human so desperate she made summoned a oni for the purpose and is now dealing with the aftermath of surviving. either way she probably has magi blood enough to cast magic even beforehand. so it might not matter: it could be ambiguous whether or not she actually summoned a demon, or just summoned the potential/imaginary demon she could become and it caused her transformation, which oddly matches up with what I'm reading on demons and oni and the distinctions between them.
    Mottos I live by:
    1. Orcs Should Be People. 2. Screw The Numbers, Have Fun. 3. Balance For The Balance God.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I'd go with the method that allows her to survive against the zombie hordes in desperation.
    Even a weak Mixed Blood is much stronger than a normal human, so really any method works.

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Even a weak Mixed Blood is much stronger than a normal human, so really any method works.
    Yeah but....that isn't really narrowing it down to help me here.

So I guess I should ask: whats the expected level of power, cause it seems that I would get more powerful the more pure of an oni I am and such. you seem to be okay with any of these though, so I'm guessing it doesn't really change. hm. whatever, I'll just go with whatever I feel like.

Backstory:
    Yoruko Torihiki has always been on the run. Their family was constantly moving and always pursued by either the Church or the Demon Hunters. She of course, didn't know why. All she knew was that strange men kept following them and that she would hear sounds of a fight late at night or be forced to keep quiet and well-behaved more than most children. Her parents wanted to protect her because of the oni-blood that ran in the family, descended from shadow oni. However she was curious and would often look into their books when they weren't paying attention, the power of magic and magecraft was interesting to her- the ability to do magical little things that no one could do- what child wouldn't find that wondrous?

This continued into her teens where he began to get tired of her parents constantly protecting her and wanted to fight against those hunted them as well, learning shadow magic to summon a shadow halberd as her weapon. However her parents didn't want this supernatural life for her, wanted her to live a happy normal life without being hunted. Her response to this is to figure that clearly they thought she wasn't strong enough to handle this life, so she needed to prove that she could handle herself. How to do this? why delve even deeper into magic and use a ritual to summon the potential demon she could become, formed her own imagination and proper information about her bloodline. This strange potential being said that Yoruko had two options: either try to become an= full oni without blood and thus go completely insane from bloodlust like any other whose strong blood made them become a pure demon, or she could gather blood from another oni-blooded to use as a filter for the merge, to soak up most of the demonic urges like a sponge and thus keeping her humanity intact even while an oni. Problem was, that the only one she knew of with oni-blood was her mother, and the blood required to be from someone dead. So she rejected the offer, because she would not kill her mother.

But then of course, one day the Demon Hunters tracked them down again, with more numbers than before and a battle ensued, her parents were killed but then the zombies attacked and the demon hunters were too busy with the zombies to finish her off. With Yoruko nearing death, the potential oni manifested again, pointing to her mother's blood leaking out of her corpse. Yoruko, wanting to survive, touched her mother's blood with her palm and spoke the words and the oni grinned and merged into her, causing a great painful transformation, turning her eyes red, her ears pointed, and giving her fangs and making her grow wild and free, even growing batlike wings and black horns out of her head. Her power increased with the surge of shadow magic flowing through her, she proceeded to slaughter both the hunters after her and any zombie that came near her with her shadow halberd, she was still subject to inversion impulses and the ritual had triggered one even if she retained her humanity. By the time it died down, she was all alone and the city was in ruins, being one of the few survivors of the outbreak. Now she must deal with her new state of being and how to solve this zombie outbreak problem.

whaddya think?
    Mottos I live by:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I think that works.

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Yoruko Torihiki
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6 ft
    Weight: 180 pounds
    Type of Character: Oni-Blooded/Transhuman Oni thing?

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

She has wild long black hair, red eyes, fair skin, muscular tall body, and is still in her clothes before she transformed,but her shirt is clearly ripped in the back from the sudden growth of wings, and somehow her old shoes don't fit her so she walks barefoot.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently, she is feeling sorrow that her parents are dead, fear that what she has done to herself is irreversible and will have horrible consequences, and is really tired of all these freaking zombies in this freaking city. Yoruko also has anger against the Church and the Demon Hunters for constantly hunting her family. Its not all negative though: she has innate curiosity and interest towards magic and how it works, and holds no ill-will towards normal people who have no idea about what is happening. The people who try to keep people ignorant about what is happening on the other hand, she does not like- trying to cover these things up never solves anything.

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yoruko Torihiki has always been on the run. Their family was constantly moving and always pursued by either the Church or the Demon Hunters. She of course, didn't know why. All she knew was that strange men kept following them and that she would hear sounds of a fight late at night or be forced to keep quiet and well-behaved more than most children. Her parents wanted to protect her because of the oni-blood that ran in the family, descended from shadow oni. However she was curious and would often look into their books when they weren't paying attention, the power of magic and magecraft was interesting to her- the ability to do magical little things that no one could do- what child wouldn't find that wondrous?

This continued into her teens where he began to get tired of her parents constantly protecting her and wanted to fight against those hunted them as well, learning shadow magic to summon a shadow halberd as her weapon. However her parents didn't want this supernatural life for her, wanted her to live a happy normal life without being hunted. Her response to this is to figure that clearly they thought she wasn't strong enough to handle this life, so she needed to prove that she could handle herself. How to do this? why delve even deeper into magic and use a ritual to summon the potential demon she could become, formed her own imagination and proper information about her bloodline. This strange potential being said that Yoruko had two options: either try to become a full oni without blood and thus go completely insane from bloodlust like any other whose strong blood made them become a pure demon, or she could gather blood from another oni-blooded to use as a filter for the merge, to soak up most of the demonic urges like a sponge and thus keeping her humanity intact even while an oni. Problem was, that the only one she knew of with oni-blood was her mother, and the blood required to be from someone dead. So she rejected the offer, because she would not kill her mother.

But then of course, one day the Demon Hunters tracked them down again, with more numbers than before and a battle ensued, her parents were killed but then the zombies attacked and the demon hunters were too busy with the zombies to finish her off. With Yoruko nearing death, the potential oni manifested again, pointing to her mother's blood leaking out of her corpse. Yoruko, wanting to survive, touched her mother's blood with her palm and spoke the words and the oni grinned and merged into her, causing a great painful transformation, turning her eyes red, her ears pointed, and giving her fangs and making her grow wild and free, even growing batlike wings and black horns out of her head. Her power increased with the surge of shadow magic flowing through her, she proceeded to slaughter both the hunters after her and any zombie that came near her with her shadow halberd, she was still subject to inversion impulses and the ritual had triggered one even if she retained her humanity. By the time it died down, she was all alone and the city was in ruins, being one of the few survivors of the outbreak. Now she must deal with her new state of being and how to solve this zombie outbreak problem.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Transhuman Oni:
    Her condition is unusual and possibly unique. An Oni has merged with her like a heroic spirit and yet she retains her humanity. She is subject to Inversion Impulses, probably stronger than normal ones, and she doesn't know the full effects of her transformation right now. What she does know is that she is very strong and resilient, can fly and while she once could wield more kinds of magic, she can now only wield Magecraft and Shadow Origin Magic. There could be hidden downsides to her condition and the ritual she used to attain it.

Magecraft:
    Aside from general stuff, she can do this:
    Shadow Magic:
    One of her most often used spells is to conjure up a halberd made of shadows. However she can also do other things using shadows, such as surround the area in darkness or fire a storm of shadow blade-shards.

Stats:
    Strength: C
    Endurance:C
    Agility: E
    Mana: D
    Luck: E

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Her normal possessions are her books she learned magic from, through now only the book on the shadow element works for her now.

Yeah, I don't think I'm too clear on the abilities side of things yet, and the Stats thing. you might want to look it over to see if I'm doing this right.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-11-15 at 01:00 AM.
    Mottos I live by:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

If she isn't a Heroic Spirit, then she probably doen'st have a Noble Phantasm, since those are, with few exceptions, the weapons, powers, skills, or sometimes even friends or pets of a Heroic Spirit

No Phantasm, no Phantasm stat.

"Magical Power" should be "Mana", and "Good Luck" should just be luck.

Her Shadow Magic would probably fll under her Magecraft, to be honest.

Beyond that, I'd like to specify that "E-Rank" attributes, the lowest measurable thing on the scale, are explicitly above all but the most skilled of normal humans.

...Would you like me to go through what the Ranks are?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-11-15 at 12:54 AM.

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, then lowered all the ratings by one rank, changed the names, got rid of Phantasm. work better now? I should probably actually watch this stuff to get a better idea, at least finish up Fate/Stay Night.
    Mottos I live by:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

The Original Fate/Stay night only follows the "Fate" Route from the original novel, so you won't be getting everything from it.

I'd recomended also watching the Unlimited Bladeworks Anime and meaybe the Heaven's Feel movie when it's made, since those are the other two routes.

It's also not everything: Mixed bloods(particularly Oni) come from Tsukihime(the anime for that one kind of sucked, though), and Demiservents like my PC first came from Fate/Grand Order.

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. It doen'st seem like anyoe else is interested.

Do you want to try with just the two of us, or should we shelve this for now?

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think it'll work with two. probably shelve this. sorry.
    Mottos I live by:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

I am interested in trying I just need to go over what has been posted.

#Waffles: 6/ days since last outburst: 14
    Like gaming, especially RPGs then check out my Youtube Channel!
    Current Avatar by the wonderful: Emperor Ing
    will cycle my avatar on the 15th of every month, I love the work done for all of them.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Yay!10Chars

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

So...Are either of you two still interested, or should I just shelve this?

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

I just got my own laptop, I will give this a little more focus tonight since I will be up all night. I won't make a promise, but if things go well, I can have a character done by tonight.

will cycle my avatar on the 15th of every month, I love the work done for all of them.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Rater your inbox is full however since all my questions are related to this game I will simply post them here from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi
    Simple would be either a Magus with a specialized origin, or a Master with a low leveled Servant. Even a young dead Apostle wold be simple enough-they've just got claws and are faster than normal humans.

If you choose a master or some other servant combinations, you'll need a justification for accessing the Throne of Heroes without a grail.
    Well, okay, can dead apostles also learn magic? Also are these zombies in the setting actual zombies, or mindless dead apostles?
    Yes they can. In fact, most Dead Apostles abilities aren't unique dead apostle powers so much as "they've had a very long time to learn the stuff they could have learned as humansm" and that includes Magecraft.

Some Dead Apostles, like Nero Ceaser Chaos(Phonetic, I can't spell it), were actually normal human s who made themselves into dead apostles with Magecraft.

And the Zombies are not related to the Dead Apostles.

Keep in mind though that Dead Apostles are vampires, so sunlight will be a problem until you're further up their in power enough to shrug it off, anas well as the need and instinct for blood(though younger ones need less blood, I think)
    I thought younger needed more blood, or had a harder time to control their thrist.
    The Older ones need an awful lot of blood.

Nero Ceaser completely killed hundreds in minutes just to sustain himself.

And anyway, the purpose of the blood is to hold the body together. Less time as an apostle, less body damage.
    That is why True Ancestors don't need blood. How were they made again, were they just born, but born from humans, or other True Ancestors?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Hey Rater your inbox is full however since all my questions are related to this game I will simply post them here from now on.

That is why True Ancestors don't need blood. How were they made again, were they just born, but born from humans, or other True Ancestors?
    True Ancestors were created whole cloth, I think. Thy were presumably born that way, but I'm not 100% sure.

They're considered Nature Spirits, though, and are compared to Fairies, so they're probably not anything that ever used to be human.

Especially since they were originally made to kill humans.

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

But are they truly gone? I mean they faded out of existence, I thought or at least from what I have read on the wiki, it did not say they died, just forgotten.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

But are they truly gone? I mean they faded out of existence, I thought or at least from what I have read on the wiki, it did not say they died, just forgotten.
    As far as I know, Arcueid is the only one left.

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

You can say not, but from what I am thinking on a character right now. I am still on concept, and I won't do a character thing until approved.
    But what if I play a True Ancestor who has come back, however he does not even know he is a True Ancestor? He believes he is human, a normal nothing special human.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

That's a bit beyond the power level we're looking for.

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

The Reason I am saying he does not remember is then he does not have to have his powers, yet. I could play him as a normal person who is really just trying to survive, and flee for his/her life.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still here, I'm just waiting for the game to start and don't know what to say.

perhaps its time to change my mind and ask: can you please explain the ranks like you offered earlier?
    Mottos I live by:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

The Reason I am saying he does not remember is then he does not have to have his powers, yet. I could play him as a normal person who is really just trying to survive, and flee for his/her life.
    Yeah, but... You know what a Divine Spirit is, basically a god.

True Ancestors are Planetary Spirits. Much much higher up on the food chain.

They're also inately immortal under most circumstances, and the only mystical effects more powerful than the Marnble Phantasm(basically a do anything you want power) are Reality Marbles and True Magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I'm still here, I'm just waiting for the game to start and don't know what to say.

perhaps its time to change my mind and ask: can you please explain the ranks like you offered earlier?
    The Ranking System is used by the Mage's association. It doen'st really come up much in works outside of Fate/

the system is E-EX.

Picture a Scale of one to ten. 1 is the normal human range, from the lowest potential, to peak human potential. E ranked attributes or skills are 10 on that scale. D is 20, C is 30, B is 40, and A is 50. EX means "it's too High to accurately measure"

So, if there is not a Rank given for an attribute, skill, or power, it's either because it's within standard human range, or because the being doen'st have it.

However, there's also a system of Pluses: the pluses increase the value of the effect in certain sitiatuions. E+ is 20, E++ is 30, and E+++ is 40-almost as strong as an A ranked effect in those certain circumstances.

However, sometimes the Value of the effect is less important than the rank of the effect: Herakles as a Heroic Spirit has a Noble Phantasm called "God Hand." which represents the immortality that he was given after completing his 12 labors. Among Other effects, God Hand makes Herakles immune to any harmful effect lower than A-Rank.

So a D++ rank effect would have a Value of 60, which is a higher value than a standard A rank effect, but Herakles would still shrug it off.

This page explains it in Detail

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Again, I will back down from this idea, but still does having such mean you need to know how to use it? I would assume so, or am I mistaken?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Again, I will back down from this idea, but still does having such mean you need to know how to use it? I would assume so, or am I mistaken?
    Arcueid, during the events of Tsukihime, was being forced to hold back 70% of her power. She was Explcitly as powerful, in this state, as a full powered Servant(albeit one without a wide range of magical powers)

With the Full extent of her powers, she is on the same level as Full Powered Artoria as Saber, Herekles as Berserker, Alexander the Great as Rider, or Medea as Caster, and could likely use her Immortality and Marble Phantasm to defeat much stronger entities.

And those are just her normal True Ancestor powers.

A True Ancestor PC would be freakishly powerful even if they don't know about it.

And just becuase they don't need to drink blood, that doen'st mean that they aren't compelled to-they have Vampiric Impulses to drink blood, so a True Ancestor would likely figure out that they're not human very fast.

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

With all the craziness I had this week I am sorry I did not reply. I understand. I won't do a True ancestor yet. Yet!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Okay then.

What's your backup plan?

Show
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor