I was googling reviews for Alien 9, which I heard was good from a friend. After finding one link. Seriously, Elements of magic is exciting because the characters you can make with that system are actually different from each other.)

Adventure types this setting is inclined for: Conspiracy, Exploration (read: Conquest. Hey, Ceasar came and saw before he conquered.), Fighting off monster invasion, Player-driven agendas, Problems that occur in player-owned strongholds, ironically finding yourself hiring some adventurers to take care of some pesky Ogres (that've harassing your serfs) for you....so you yourself can focus on helping the party fight off that army of pesky Trolls the king has seen heading towards his castle.....feudal obligation and all that, secretly running a forbidden magic traffiking operation under the society of wizards' nose, Playing a family line of noblemen, etc. [/Spoiler]

Tell me what you like in a game. What tone and flavor do your prefer? What do you want to do when you go looking for a new group? Whats the kind of game you want, and how does the type of setting effect your enjoyment (One thing I meant to touch on was settings that are almost cool, but turns off certain people. For instance, Shadowrun looks like a cool, kinda balanced system that mixes technology, magic, and running someone through with a katana, but the dystopic tone of the setting turns me off.) This thread is meant to be both Survey and cooperative Homebrewing. I'd like to here some ideas.