New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW thread for 3.5 #31. By now, your question has probably been answered.

A 546

Yes. There is no restriction that you have to have spells of a certain level to heighten it to that level. The only restriction is that you cannot heighten a spell beyond 9th level.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW thread for 3.5 #31. By now, your question has probably been answered.

Q 547

More of a clerical/trivia question, but what organization is it that grants you an extra invocation if you're in good enough standing with them?
    Just finding my roots again.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Halfling in the Playground

Q 548

How many times should I do a Str check if I withdraw in a web spell? Only one, right?

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

A 548

The web spell has special rules for movement, requiring you to devote your entire turn to move at all if you can succeed on the Strength check. There is only one check per round, but you won't be able to take the withdraw action at all.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Q549

If you use the epic metamagic feat Intensify spell on Greater Shadow Conjuration, do you get 120% real illusions? So is the 60% in the spell description a variable numeric effect? It can be affected via other abilities, I think.
    I probably ruined another cup of tea while writing this post. Oh, the smell of half an hour brewed, somewhat cold tea!

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

A549 No The reality percentage of a shadow spell is not a variable numeric effect - it is fixed.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Q550
    Other than encumbrance, does anything prevent a mount from being mounted on another mount?

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Q550.5
    Can a duskblade hold a touch spell in his weapon as part of the arcane channeling class feature as one would normally hold a touch spell in his hands?
    Last edited by Synar; 2016-05-19 at 07:44 AM.
    Black is for nitpicking.
    Black is for sarcasm.
    Blue is for serious.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Firbolg in the Playground

Q551:

If I come within thirty feet of a sleeping creature with the scent ability does it automatically wake up?
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Synar View Post
    Q550·5 Can a duskblade hold a touch spell in his weapon as part of the arcane channeling class feature as one would normally hold a touch spell in his hands?
    Probably The rules are unclear but it seems reasonable to allow a duskblade to hold a spell in the weapon they way then can in their hand. This has the same limitations (no spell-casting, will discharge on next creature touched/hit etc.).
    Last edited by Khedrac; 2016-05-18 at 02:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q552.0: Taking possession of an object is a standard action for a Fiend of Possession, right?

Contingent questions:
    Q552.1: Can an FoP take possession of an object as a readied action?
    Q552.2: If a character fires an arrow at a ragewalker, at what point exactly does the arrow get turned around and flung back at the original attacker?
    Q552.3: If the above arrow passes through an area adjacent to an FoP (and the FoP can possess as a readied action), does the arrow count as an attended or unattended object?

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Q 553

Is there an "official" ruling on the CR awakened animals, plants, constructs or undead anywhere?

Have any of these been used in "official" adventures, and designated a CR?

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Q 554

If Fuse Limbs is cast on an Athach, what happens?
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-05-21 at 03:25 AM.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Bugbear in the Playground

A 554

I believe you are looking for fuse arms, and my answer will assume that spell is being used.

They would likely use the final paragraph's mention of fusing two limbs together, thus having one arm with +4 strength and the other has normal strength. Though that paragraph does have different rules for the bonus, it only applies to attack rolls.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

15. - Top - End - #1095

Q 555

The Spellthief's Steal Spell ability is dependent on the Sneak Attack ability (the exact text is that a Spellthief must "hits an opponent with a successful sneak attack" to steal a spell).

But what does that mean exactly for opponents who are immune to sneak attack damage? The Steal Spell ability itself reduces the sneak attack damage by 1d6, meaning it can make no additional damage at low level, meaning it's not the damage itself that's important for it to work.

So, can a Spellthief steal spell from, for example, a lich, despite the undead being immune to the additional sneak attack damage?
    Last edited by St Fan; 2016-05-22 at 06:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Q556

If you have a splitting bow of collision, do the enchantments stack: IE if you have 3 attacks that's split, does that mean it could be gain bonuses from 5 previous arrows? And Q556B) Does this bonus carry over to the next round?

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes and then no but want to make sure. It sounds like it's a flat 5 damage to each attack after the first two arrows (first attack) happens.
    Last edited by Dousedinoil; 2016-05-22 at 12:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Q557: Is a creature affected by Fuse Flesh helpless in accordance with its brief description on page 71 of XPH, or not? Its effect text seems to indicate so, but does not say so explicitly.
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 558
    How
    Spoiler: Always Sneaky
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja of the Crescent Moon, Sword and Fist
    The ninja is always taking 10 on Move Silently and Hide. Unless the ninja wants to be seen or heard, make opposed Spot and Listen checks to detect the ninja's presence.
    will interact with
    Spoiler: Rage
    Show
    While raging, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function.
    ?

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q #559

When using whirlwind attack with natural weapons, do you make one attack with a single natural weapon against each target? For example, could a creature with a bite attack and 2 claw attacks choose to bite each target and inject its poison in each by using whirlwind attack?
    Last edited by Devigor; 2016-05-22 at 08:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

A 558

A raging barbarian cannot use the hide or move silently skill at all, so it does not matter if he would take ten on a roll he is not allowed to make in the first place.

A 559

Yes.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
    A 558

A raging barbarian cannot use the hide or move silently skill at all, so it does not matter if he would take ten on a roll he is not allowed to make in the first place.
    Note: "Always" is a very strong word...
    So what if barbarian cannot use those skills usually?
    Now he can, and take 10 with them!

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ettin in the Playground

There is no usually when he is raging. When he is raging he cannot use DEX based skills (with a few explicit exceptions), period. The exceptions do not include hide or move silently. So a raging barbarian cannot take ten on hide or move silently when he is also a Ninja of the Crescent Moon.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
    There is no usually when he is raging. When he is raging he cannot use DEX based skills (with a few explicit exceptions), period. The exceptions do not include hide or move silently. So a raging barbarian cannot take ten on hide or move silently when he is also a Ninja of the Crescent Moon.
    In real, my original goal was not a Barbarian's Rage itself, but number of effects which are
    similar to a barbarian’s rage
    Is it similar in a sense of "have same limitations as barbarian’s rage", or just a descriptive, kinda like "trolleybus is similar to a bus" (and raven - to writing desk)?
    So I decided to just quote original Rage RAW: if it work with original, it should work with knockoffs too

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

A #559 clarification When making a whirlwind attack one single attack is made against each target (as the feat description states).

In the case of a creature with natural attacks look at the creature description, whilst under "Full Attack" all of the attacks are listed (e.g. claw, claw, bite) under "Attack" there will usually only be a single attack listed (e.g. claw).
    For a whirlwind attack use the single listed "Attack" against each target.
    If multiple options are listed under "Attack" choose which one to apply to all targets (e.g. claw or bite).

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Q560

Do reserve feats synergise with epic spellcasting?
    I had an epic lich guy who could cast up to level 25 spells. he had the firy burst reserve feat for a long time.

If I was to reserve the 25th spell slot (with an epic fire spell+some metamagic) would he get a per turn 5 foot burst that deals 25d6 fire dammage? That's not too op for an epic level character I believe.

The dm allowed it back then (the campain is on hold for about 2 years now), but on a whim.
    Last edited by Asmotherion; 2016-05-23 at 11:10 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

A560 Err both yes and no.

By RAW Epic spells do not have levels or take spell slots so they do not interact with Reserve feats.

Epic spell capacity - 10th and higher level slots which can be filled with metamagiced normal spells, e.g. a heightened fireball, do count for Reserve feats, so yes, a 26th level fire spell would make for a 25d6 fiery burst, but it is not an epic spell.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Q 561 Does a creature that is vulnerable to fire take even more extra damage from Hellfire? If so, how do I calculate how much more damage?
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ettin in the Playground

A 561

Quote Originally Posted by FCII p.119
    Hellfire does not deal fire damage, despite its flames.
    So creatures with a vulnerability to fire damage do not take extra damage from hellfire.

29. - Top - End - #1109

Q 562
    What exactly constitute a "Domain" for Prestige Classes asking a specific clerical domain as prerequisite? (Like Dweomerkeeper.)

For example, a wizard with the "Domain Granted Power" ACF (Complete Champion) and the Arcane Disciple feat, and having picked both in the Magic domain would have both the granted power and the spells of the domain. Is that enough to qualify him for Dweomerkeeper? (not taking other prerequisites into account...)
    Last edited by St Fan; 2016-05-24 at 06:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Halfling in the Playground

Q563
    Canduterio the fire wizard always solves his problems with fire. Today he is trapped on a web. He wants to shot an scorching ray to an intersection to burn the web and break free. An then he shots to an intersection he doesn't see (web provides cover). Is he able to do it? If so, what I should make him throw?
    Last edited by Huldaerus; 2016-05-24 at 04:05 PM.