New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default My Current Theory on Durkula's Backup Plan

My current thought is this: Let's say, for a moment, that Durkula has a coffin on the Mechane, or even that he's designated the Mechane as his coffin. Well, what he can then do is kill himself to get quickly to the Mechane. Thus, if the last vote is a No, Durkula can kill himself go into Gaseous Form to rendezvous with Gonetor, and they will then Teleport (with V's Teleportation Orb) to the Last Gate to destroy it, and force the world's destruction.

It probably has some holes, but it's something I just thought up.
    Last edited by Mousedigits; 2015-11-17 at 09:36 PM.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: My Current Theory on Durkula's Backup Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Mousedigits View Post
    My current thought is this: Let's say, for a moment, that Durkula has a coffin on the Mechane, or even that he's designated the Mechane as his coffin. Well, what he can then do is kill himself to get quickly to the Mechane. Thus, if the last vote is a No, Durkula can kill himself to rendezvous with Gonetor, and they will then Teleport (with V's Teleportation Orb) to the Last Gate to destroy it, and force the world's destruction.

It probably has some holes, but it's something I just thought up.
    He would get there in the same speed if he just assumed gaseous form without killing himself, so that's one hole I guess.

Check out this thread, though.
    "Really? The premature villain gloat? I'm a failure as a parent." - Loki, OotS #1012
    "The good news is that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing." - Blackwing, OotS #1020

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    He would get there in the same speed if he just assumed gaseous form without killing himself, so that's one hole I guess.

Check out this thread, though.
    Good point. Okay, no killing himself, just Gaseous Form.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mousedigits View Post
    ...and they will then Teleport (with V's Teleportation Orb) to the Last Gate to destroy it, and force the world's destruction.
    It's not that simple. The HPoH does not know the precise location of the gate, so at best he can teleport to the entrance of Kraagor's tomb (and the tomb will almost certainly be warded against teleportation/scrying). Plus the teleportation orb might (and probably will) land them off-target. Plus they have all the monsters Serini placed in the tomb to guard the gate. Plus Xykon and Redcloak won't stay quiet once they see a bunch of vampires strolling around.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Doesn't really sound like a plan he'd be gloating about or look forward to.

One second ago they had won, suddenly they have to go through all this complicated thing that involves fighting a lich and redcloack, sounds to me like he'd be pissed, not "looking forward to" and smiling.

And he said they hadn't lost yet because there was still one vote outstanding, so no, I think the crux here is still the last vote.