New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Aquatic in 3.0 not 3.5?

Did 3.0 say "It cannot also breathe air unless it has the amphibious special quality."?

Thanks in Advance!
    Hmm, seem to have left the last letter out of my name I wonder if I can change that somehow...

Vestige by Marlowe http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...2&postcount=70

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Aquatic in 3.0 not 3.5?

I'm fairly sure 3.0 didn't have the aquatic subtype. Or any subtype, actually.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Aquatic in 3.0 not 3.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    I'm fairly sure 3.0 didn't have the aquatic subtype. Or any subtype, actually.
    Maybe you should check next time, since you're 100% wrong.

That being said, subtypes in 3.0 were terribly underutilized. For the most part, they were merely symbolic group identifiers. The amphibious quality didn't exist back then, and the aquatic subtype was only an indicator that the creature spent its time under water rather than being a comment on how the creature breathes.

As an example, whales in 3.0 were Animals with the aquatic subtype, but they lost that subtype in the revision (despite still totally living in oceans and stuff) and were given the Hold Breath special quality so they could still whale properly.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.