New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Editing in a color in a post with a spoiler seemed to mess up both spoiler and color

Might've just been me being an idiot, but I tried editing in a colored line at the end of a post containing a spoiler. If I edited it in, it broke both the spoiler and the color. If I removed just the colored line without editing the spoiler at all, the spoiler worked fine. If I deleted the spoiler then wrote the colored line, the color worked fine. Was on the OOC board.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Editing in a color in a post with a spoiler seemed to mess up both spoiler and co

Anyone wishing to help you will likely need a look at the post where you tried this to help, as well as the code you tried to use.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Editing in a color in a post with a spoiler seemed to mess up both spoiler and co

Quote Originally Posted by JayceSL View Post
    Might've just been me being an idiot, but I tried editing in a colored line at the end of a post containing a spoiler. If I edited it in, it broke both the spoiler and the color. If I removed just the colored line without editing the spoiler at all, the spoiler worked fine. If I deleted the spoiler then wrote the colored line, the color worked fine. Was on the OOC board.
    I'm guessing the post is this one, but since you removed the tags, I cannot see what the problem used to be. Can you reproduce the problem in this thread?

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure what you tried and what your problem is, but generally speaking color/spoilers works well together:

Spoiler: Test
    Show
    Some text to colorize

Spoiler
    Show
    Some other test

I tested a bit and it gets (as expected) really messy if you do not open/close them correctly: bbcode should be opened/closed like html, i.e. before you close a root-tag, you should close ALL child-tags that you opened after opening the root-tag.

E.g. If you want to color some text inside the spoiler (opening color inside the spoiler) make sure to close the color tag BEFORE the spoiler tag. Otherwise it might not work as intended.

(If that is not your problem, it would really help if you tell more precisely what you are trying to do)
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2015-11-23 at 04:12 PM.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

I imagine the OP tried to color the title of the sppiler itself. Like this:

[Spoiler=[color=blue]Color![/color]]Snape kills Dumbledore[/spoiler]

Let's see how it works without NOPARSE:

Spoiler: [color=blue
    Show
    Color![/color]]Snape kills Dumbledore