Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 238
  1. Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    Klog #2

    Luckmancy is in the erf section when it is fate.

    Healomancy is in the fate section and I am certain its erf.

    I swore I saw someone post about this this along time ago but dont see it in the bloopers.
    Is there any canon basis for that?
    I seem to have the ability to misinterpret the most obvious of meanings and to completely miss the points of statements for no obvious reason. Just a warning.

  2. Top - End - #182
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground
     
    SteveMB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    Klog #2

    Luckmancy is in the erf section when it is fate.

    Healomancy is in the fate section and I am certain its erf.

    I swore I saw someone post about this this along time ago but dont see it in the bloopers.
    Hmmm... I can see why that arrangement would make more intuitive sense, but there's no in-canon evidence I recall that indicates that the arrangement as written is wrong. It'll just have to come down to a Titanic revelation stating either 1)"it's supposed to be that way, even if it seems odd" or 2)"oops".
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2008-08-27 at 09:43 PM.

  3. Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    here wanda calls it fate magic: Erf13, panel 6

    The reason is that the spell is highly luckmancy based and should pulse with erf magic if the klog was correct. But since it did pulse with fate and it makes more sense as fate anyways it most likely is fate.
    Last edited by Chadwick; 2008-08-27 at 10:54 PM.

  4. Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    Here Wanda calls it Fate magic: Erf13, panel 6.

    The reason is that the spell is highly Luckmancy based, it should pulse with Erf magic if the klog was correct; but since it did pulse with Fate, and because it makes more sense as Fate anyway, it is most likely Fate.

    There, I made a few quick corrections (which are noted in red): just because you are online does not mean that you should neglect your language skills. ~Justyn
    Wanda said that it was Fate magic; but you forget that Predictamancy is Fate, and the spell was made by a combination of Findamancy and Predictamancy. No Luckmancy involved.

    I can see your point there about how Healomancy and Luckmancy could be switched, but you should really try to have a little more tact than "I think my version is better than canon, so I think the canon is wrong".
    Last edited by Justyn; 2008-08-27 at 11:25 PM.
    I seem to have the ability to misinterpret the most obvious of meanings and to completely miss the points of statements for no obvious reason. Just a warning.

  5. Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    Wanda said that it was Fate magic; but you forget that Predictamancy is Fate, and the spell was made by a combination of Findamancy and Predictamancy. No Luckmancy involved. And I was worryed about my last post coming off as condisending, jeez.
    ah yes... nothing from the comic then.

    I still look at it and it seems wrong where they are at. Numbers seems to deal with intellectual stuff. Erf has a physical theme. While Fate cant quite be seen like the other two so spiritual is how I d describe those magics.

  6. Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Freederick's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    Luckmancy is in the erf section when it is fate. Healomancy is in the fate section and I am certain its erf.
    While it does make some sense intuitively, "I am certain" doesn't cut it. Come up with canon citations, Ask the Titans™, or forever hold your peace.
    Last edited by Freederick; 2008-08-29 at 07:19 AM.

  7. Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground
     
    pclips's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Note to self. P110/122 fix massive confusion caused by me. (p106 panel 11 "thirteen pairs of warlord eyes" and art fix to p110 panel 9 so it doesn't look like the one is on a gwiffon).
    Last edited by pclips; 2008-09-19 at 10:33 PM.
    Rob Balder, Erfworld author/co-creator, and creator of PartiallyClips

  8. Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lamech's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick
    Luckmancy is in the erf section when it is fate.

    Healomancy is in the fate section and I am certain its erf.
    Here Sizemore, refers to numbers, luck, and fate to all distinct things. Panel 8. If that settles anything.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

  9. Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    Note to self. P110/122 fix massive confusion caused by me. (p106 panel 11 "thirteen pairs of warlord eyes" and art fix to p110 panel 9 so it doesn't look like the one is on a gwiffon).
    On page 113/125 it says they have 11 warlords instead of thirteen. If Ceaser counts as a Chief warlord, who else isn't counted as a warlord? Seems inconsistant from "13 pairs of warlord eyes" anyway

  10. Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground
     
    pclips's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by keeganknorr View Post
    On page 113/125 it says they have 11 warlords instead of thirteen. If Ceaser counts as a Chief warlord, who else isn't counted as a warlord? Seems inconsistant from "13 pairs of warlord eyes" anyway
    Yeah this will end up getting corrected for the book form, thanks for noting it.
    Rob Balder, Erfworld author/co-creator, and creator of PartiallyClips

  11. Top - End - #191
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground
     
    SteveMB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    Yeah this will end up getting corrected for the book form, thanks for noting it.
    I'm still not getting where the "thirteen" figure comes from -- Vinny and Jillian were part of the original expeditionary force, and Don King sent ten additional warlords -- the best way I can make sense of it is if Don King sent ten regular warlords and Caesar (apparently Chief Warlord, since Vinny addresses him as "chief").

  12. Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BurntOfferings's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by teratorn View Post
    In #107 Dora's got the radish on her chest, this wasn't there in previous strips.
    It's not in the later strips, either.
    I set off explosive runes this morning.

    PbP Registration Entry

  13. Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Godskook's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by Freederick View Post
    24. Continuity again: In Erfworld 71, panel 5, Jillian pulls out a tiny dagger; in panel 7 she's holding what looks like the hilt of a huge sword.
    The way I see that comic, there isn't a continuity problem.

    How Jillian handles her weapons, panel by panel:
    Panels 1-4: Jillian ignores weapons and struggles with freeing hands.
    Panel 5: Gives up and grabs knife for defense.
    Panels 6,7: Takes opportunity while dwagon is distracted to get huge sword instead. As a true warrior, bringing her primary weapon to 'ready' would be instinctual the moment someone else took her enemy's attention away.

  14. Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Freederick's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by BurntOfferings View Post
    It's not in the later strips, either.
    Now included under blooper #26. Thanx.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    The way I see that comic, there isn't a continuity problem...
    Panel 5: Gives up and grabs knife for defense.
    Panels 6,7: Takes opportunity while dwagon is distracted to get huge sword instead...
    That is highly unlikely; she is in a precarious position; in panel 5 she is shown holding a dagger as Ansom begins his attack; in panel 6 Ansom finishes his attack; in panel 7 Jillian is holding something in the exact same position as the dagger in panel 5. Also, it violates the law of conservation of detail: why would she be shown drawing Chekhov's dagger in panel 5, if not to use it?
    Last edited by Freederick; 2008-10-13 at 08:52 AM.

  15. Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Freederick's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    Note to self. P110/122 fix massive confusion caused by me. (p106 panel 11 "thirteen pairs of warlord eyes" and art fix to p110 panel 9 so it doesn't look like the one is on a gwiffon).
    Duly noted, blooper #33.
    BTW, it's p107, not 106--this is the sort of confusion that follows from not giving descriptive titles to TOC entries.

  16. Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Godskook's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by Freederick View Post
    That is highly unlikely; she is in a precarious position; in panel 5 she is shown holding a dagger as Ansom begins his attack; in panel 6 Ansom finishes his attack; in panel 7 Jillian is holding something in the exact same position as the dagger in panel 5. Also, it violates the law of conservation of detail: why would she be shown drawing Chekhov's dagger in panel 5, if not to use it?
    I'll grant the 'precarious position' part. I'm not too familiar with "Chekhov's dagger" or "The law of conservation of detail", but sometimes, an author includes non-plot details for the shear fact that such details are completely what 'happened'. I see this as a case of that. Jillian grabs a reserve dagger because a warrior of her caliber always has a reserve dagger, not because it furthers the plot, and by the same token, when given the opportunity, she grabs her main weapon again because a warrior that good is trained to do just that. I know I've read stories before where there were details that kinda just were, and I enjoyed them more for it.

    Besides, from the narrative, it seems as if Ansom/Vinny were able to mop up everything without Jillian, so if conservation of detail is important, why show what is happening to her at all?

  17. Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground
     
    pclips's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Guys, that's not a dagger. It's the hilt of the sword you're seeing. The sword is facing the other way and is buried in the dwagon's face.
    Rob Balder, Erfworld author/co-creator, and creator of PartiallyClips

  18. Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground
     
    thevorpalbunny's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in the cave of caerbannog

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Um, it's pretty indisputably a dagger. 5th panel (4th row), far left side. I think you may have misunderstood what they were arguing about.
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

  19. Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground
     
    pclips's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by thevorpalbunny View Post
    Um, it's pretty indisputably a dagger. 5th panel (4th row), far left side. I think you may have misunderstood what they were arguing about.
    Oh, right. Yes. She pulls the dagger in 7 because she lost the sword in 5. You're right.
    Rob Balder, Erfworld author/co-creator, and creator of PartiallyClips

  20. Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground
     
    thevorpalbunny's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in the cave of caerbannog

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Sorry for correcting you, Mr. Makes-an-Awesome-Webcomic Man.
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

  21. Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Godskook's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    Oh, right. Yes. She pulls the dagger in 7 because she lost the sword in 5. You're right.
    ...

    Do you mean the reverse, since the panel 5 shot is the dagger? And if she 'lost' the dagger from panel 5, how? I was assuming she resheathed it.

  22. Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Godskook's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Continuity issue, with thread made to discuss it here. Basically, too many TV warlords in the hex, and no one being able to count them properly, even if there were a more proper amount.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freederick View Post
    30. Continuity: There are four metal golems shown in Erfworld 87, panel 7, but the unit roster list in Parson's Klog #7 lists four hard rock golems, one metal golem. Presumably the list is incorrect, and these entries should be reversed.
    Except Parson has a day's worth of unit production, and while he doesn't control the city's production, he does control Sizemore's, whom I assume is the popping golems anyway.

  23. Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by pclips View Post
    Oh, right. Yes. She pulls the dagger in 7 because she lost the sword in 5. You're right.
    I am not quite sure I understand you here.

    In 1-4 she is struggling with getting her hands free.

    In 5 we see her with a dagger, and we see Manpower's sword falling, because he got attacked by Ansom.

    In 7 we see her holding a hilt that looks to big to be the same dagger. This is what the issue with the strip is.

  24. Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aachen, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    #34 - Page 52 - Klog #06
    Minor Grammar Nitpick for Critical Fact 1:

    "Stupid, Stupid Meal"
    should either be "Stupid Stupid Meal" (no comma, if the 'Stupid Meal' is 'stupid')
    or "Stupid, stupid meal" (if the 'meal' is really stupid)

    Capitalization suggests the former.


    heng, grammar nazi

  25. Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers


  26. Top - End - #206
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground
     
    SteveMB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by Freederick View Post
    Not really; the serial comma controversy you linked to refers to a comma used before a conjunction, that is, before and, or, or nor (or, alternatively, before and, or or nor ). There is no conjunction here, and hence no dispute.
    Well, the sentence as written is correct if Parson is mentally addressing the Stupid Meal and calling it "stupid".

  27. Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Freederick's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavalcadeofcats View Post
    Not really; the serial comma controversy you linked to refers to a comma used before a conjunction, that is, before and, or, or nor (or, alternatively, before and, or or nor ). There is no conjunction here, and hence no dispute.

  28. Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground
     
    pclips's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Note: p120, Jamie did not draw the uncroaked Jaclyn in Wanda's stack and should have. It will be fixed for the book. She'll be in there in p121 and was in in p119. Just an oversight.
    Rob Balder, Erfworld author/co-creator, and creator of PartiallyClips

  29. Top - End - #209
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground
     
    SteveMB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    Quote Originally Posted by headhoncho View Post
    When you have a complicated story element that ends up confusing a significant number of people, from a story perspective, is it typically preferable to explain things more clearly, or to just assume your readers ought to wise up?
    Fair enough; tweaking the wording of Klog #11 and/or #13 to make it clearer that the "courtyard" is the area inside the square inner walls (assuming that I'm not one of the significant number of people who got confused) for the book might be a good idea.

  30. Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground
     
    pclips's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia

    Default Re: Erfworld Bloopers

    That's a good idea. Confusion does seem to be rampant. Courtyard refers to the portion of the Garrison that is above ground, within the walls, and not in or on the Tower. Wanda is not in the Garrison zone at all in page 122. She's in the Outer Walls zone.

    We've been attempting to avoid confusion by keeping it simple and avoiding unnecessary detail (like, for example, the fact that the Outer Walls zone also has parts to it, or that Parson's klog was referring specifically to attacks on the Garrison and that there are other sets of rules regarding movement by friendlies within the city).

    Maybe erring on the side of simplicity creates its own confusion. Maybe we're running up against the limits of the graphic novel in terms of complexity of world creation and conveying expository information within an action story. I don't know, we're doing the best we can. There are good reasons for everything that has happened in the last few pages, whether it appears that way at this point in the story or not.
    Rob Balder, Erfworld author/co-creator, and creator of PartiallyClips

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •