New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839
Results 1,141 to 1,149 of 1149
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default Re: FR: Quest for the Forgotten Key IC (Oak)

Spoiler
    Show

By lucky I meant that I thought the results of the rolls were unambiguous, even with the character sheets unavailable.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sheesh, finally... I've been trying to post for DAYS. Would anyone be opposed to moving the game to Mythweavers?

As for the rope trick, true, Wraiths cannot manipulate a rope. ...but they can FLY, so I wouldn't think it would be safe.

Räven was struck once, but his superior speed allowed him to not be hit more than that. Were you totally incapacitated, who knows whether or not he'd have stopped to pick you up? Or anyone else, for that matter, in their panicked state?

You all flee from the wraiths, compelled either by supernatural terror or a simple desire to not become one yourself, through the length of the tomb's tunnel, up the flight of stairs and back into the mottled light of the ruined temple above. Afternoon sunlight streaks through the holes in the temples ruined structure, illuminating patches of rubble-strewn ground. Turning over your shoulder, you can see the wraiths halted at the secret door you came through, and you can still feel the burning hatred as you leave them behind.

Before you emerge from the temple into the relative safety of the ruins, you spot something ahead through the door, and realize that the thumping in your ears is more than simply your hearts pumping blood at a maniac pace... there are drums being played, and outside, you see a large group of orcs passing by, laughing and gawing in their harsh tongue!
    Draven 'God-Slayer' Kheldravan - Dragon Shaman, healer, tank. "Balls-Driven Brute", officially retired.
    Runa Redgrave
    - Appears to be a Wizard, but looks can deceive. Angst-fueled daughter of immigrants.
    Kali Meliamne - Wild-Elf Monk with a disdain for injustice, clothing.
    Remus Rutgerson - Living perfection turned evil, trapped between revenge and redemption.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eberhart

Eberhart stands, panting, as he waits for the panic to flush from his system. He glances around, a bit sheepishly, at the faces of his companions.

"Well, it, um. Seemed like a good idea at the time."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lager

Lager emerges from the caves, gasping with relief, just to notice a band of orcs passing by. Repressing his urge to take out some of his fear and anger in bashing orcs, he dives behind the nearest bit of cover.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide (1d20+9)[12]

No objection to moving the game to myth-weavers.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Räven, covered in sweat, and shivering slightly with rage and terror, dives for cover and curses in his strange dialect.

"****, what are those Orcs doing, making camp?"

Looking out the door, over the fallen pillar, you can see that there are probably 30 Orcs, indeed, setting up camp, on far side of the old path outside the temple. The sound of drums is still clear, but you don't see any. There seem to be more voices than the 30 Orcs ahead of you, but I'll need listen checks to try and pick out more from the noise.
    Last edited by knewsom; 2009-03-19 at 01:37 PM.
    Draven 'God-Slayer' Kheldravan - Dragon Shaman, healer, tank. "Balls-Driven Brute", officially retired.
    Runa Redgrave
    - Appears to be a Wizard, but looks can deceive. Angst-fueled daughter of immigrants.
    Remus Rutgerson - Living perfection turned evil, trapped between revenge and redemption.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lager

Shaking slightly with fear and frustration, Lager thinks,

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. And with orcs, it could be both at once. I wonder what they are doing.

Lager holds his breath as he tries to hear what the orcs are doing.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen (1d20+6)[11]

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trevanen
    Spoiler
    Show

ARRRGH.
    Frickin' GitP timeout just gobbled up my well-considered rebuttal to the fly-access-into-the-Rope Trick argument (extremely terse version -- it's not Gate).

Let's get the hell off GitP as soon as possible!

Timeout also gobbled up my action description, so I will again be terse.
    Kindly fill in Trevanen's urgent verbosity using your imagination.

Seeing the foes, Trevanen immediately sets the Rope Trick with the minimum 5' length and shimmies up.
    Whispering to his friends while climbing:
    Follow me, to hide for several hours.
    They may search for us once encamped.
    Signal from underneath if you would rather join me later than sooner.

and he pulls up the rope behind him if nobody moves to follow.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eberhart

Continuing to prize his curiosity above self-preservation, Eberhart nods his comprehension to Trevanen, and also takes cover by the side of the cave, trying to learn the orcs' intentions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (1d20+7)[16]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, I've sent out invitations for the game on Myth-Weavers, so far Toliudar has joined, I need the others to do so as well please. (if you're using different user names on that site, please let me know so I can change the invite list)
    Runa Redgrave