New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: FR: Quest for the Forgotten Key IC (Oak)

Eberhart

I'm telling you, she was hitting on ME. And besides, she was solid for an elf, and if you looked at her JUST right...

Anyway, Just because my beard parts in a way that makes me look all dashing and rebellious, and yours looks like you combed it with a tree root...don't go getting all bothered-like.

But don't worry - you can moon over this one. After all, it's your turn.

Eberhart still holds his bow, not QUITE trusting the wild elf to have departed.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Meiphren Dunapuros

Meiphren rolled his eyes at the brothers' banter; but deep inside was a sense of longing at never having experienced a close fraternal relationship.

"The dark doesn't bother me, either; so however we're splitting up the watch is fine with me."
    "So it works in practice. Who cares? Does it work in theory?"
    Spoiler
    Show

PolkaBear by Ceika | Eckher by Wayril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Characters: Clunch Lian
    PolkaBear avatar courtesy of Ceika

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lager

Lager rolls his eyes.

It's kind of fun how all your women hit on you by heading out with other guys.

Lager continues to listen for the bard and scan the forest for signs of life.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Banned

Jericho

With a sigh of relief Jericho quit playing. He had managed to hear his compatriots over his own singing.
    "Over here lads," he yelled out into the woods, "Now tell me you've atleast got an interesting story... Not something stupid, like you shot first at nothing and got whooped."

5. - Top - End - #155

Meiphren Dunapuros

Meiphren snorted. "Yeah, something like that. A skinny little brown elfling clobbered one of the dirt brothers over the head; and our little archer here shot his stuff off prematurely. Good times all around."
    Last edited by PolkaBear; 2007-07-31 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Got my character names crossed. It's Toliudar's fault.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eberhart

Spoiler
    Show
    Much as I enjoy Tokugal's company, PolkaBear, I think you mean Meiphren.

"Dirt brothers." Huh. I kind of like it.

Lager did indeed get slashed up for his courage in going first and all. Your fantastic knowledge of all things extend to knowing anything about sewing up sword wounds?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Remember guys, Xaal still has a nasty cut on his head as well where the Elf surprised him with an attack as well.

When you finally settle in for your watches, the hours pass slowly, the fire continues to crackle, and the night passes quietly.

The next day, you all awake feeling rather disheveled and tired afterwards - that night was not the restful start to an adventure you were looking for.
    Draven 'God-Slayer' Kheldravan - Dragon Shaman, healer, tank. "Balls-Driven Brute", officially retired.
    Runa Redgrave
    - Appears to be a Wizard, but looks can deceive. Angst-fueled daughter of immigrants.
    Kali Meliamne - Wild-Elf Monk with a disdain for injustice, clothing.
    Remus Rutgerson - Living perfection turned evil, trapped between revenge and redemption.

8. - Top - End - #158

Meiphren Dunapuros

As Meiphren rolled the kinks out of his shoulders from a night on the road, he noticed the wound on Xaal's forehead. "You might want to get that looked at," he suggested unhelpfully. "There's a bit of grass stuck in the scab now. Hm. Maybe it's a bug."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lager

Or maybe just get it fixed.

Lager pulls out his wand and taps Xaal once on the wound.

That ought to do it. OK, let's pack up and be off.

He's clearly eager to travel deeper into the forest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Am I still wounded, too? I've lost track.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Banned

Jericho

The bard awoke feeling rather tired still, not discouraged however. He was used to waking up not feeling too well.
    He shook his head whipping his dread locks around and making a sound sound he had a face made of rubber.
    "Mornin' lads. So, who's goin' to be handlin' our caboose fer the day?"

11. - Top - End - #161

Meiphren Dunapuros

"What is that supposed to mean? 'Handling our caboose'?"
    Last edited by PolkaBear; 2007-08-03 at 05:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eberhart

I don't know what you mean by that, man, but any of you try handling my caboose, and you'll find a mace in yer ear. Meanwhile, let's get out of here soon as we can. Skulking elf-boy could be around anywhere.

He is quickly and industriously checking his own pack, and slings it over his shoulder with determination.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Banned

Jericho

Jericho smiled to himself. They didn't get the joke, but he felt clever none-the-less.
    "I meant the ass."
    Jericho attempted to cox the mule to move along.

((don't tell me you forgot about it already.))

Handle Animal: (1d20+2)[5]

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lager

Looks like you could use some help with that. I'm done packing already. I'll help out.

Lager wanders over and gives some assistance with loading the mule.

Spoiler
    Show
    Handle Animal (1d20+2)[10](12)

He looks around expectantly, and, when everyone is ready, he heads off.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Jericho's efforts are futile, but the experienced hand of the dwarven ranger cull's the mule's quiet rebellion, and it gets moving and keeps pace with the rest of you as you head off down the road, keeping an eye out throughout the day for the wild elf who fought you briefly but fiercely, but dont' see or hear anything - if he's still following, he's keeping a good distance. You pass numerous carts and wagons on your way, many of whom are carrying wounded members of their party, and others who are carrying less than half of the goods you would expect them to be.

After a long day of walking in warm sunshine, the fireflies start to come out, and the sun begins to set - it's about 9:00 now, and you've made it to the edge of a small town called Immersea.
    Draven 'God-Slayer' Kheldravan - Dragon Shaman, healer, tank. "Balls-Driven Brute", officially retired.
    Runa Redgrave
    - Appears to be a Wizard, but looks can deceive. Angst-fueled daughter of immigrants.
    Remus Rutgerson - Living perfection turned evil, trapped between revenge and redemption.

16. - Top - End - #166

Meiphren Dunapuros

"What say we break for the night in town here? Maybe with solid walls around us we can keep that elfling off our backs. I'm not convinced that he's smart enough to let well enough alone."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lager

Lager snorts.

I prefer sleeping outdoors, but I gave that fight up long ago for Mr Satin Sheets over there. Sure, let's head into town. We might find another bard for him to chase after. Or, at least, I cold tankard of ale.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, and I'll need willpower saving throws for all of you, 'cept the mule.
    Runa Redgrave

19. - Top - End - #169
    Banned

Jericho

The bard stretched his arms.
    "I got no problem takin' shelter 'ere t'night.
    Anyone else feel like we're goin' into the belly of the beast though?"

Jericho hadn't quite liked what he'd seen earlier... It was almost as if they were wlaking into trouble.

Will Save: (1d20+5)[25]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Jericho and Meiphren succeed, but the others have forgotten the reason for their quest. That they are searching for a key is all that can be remembered, and it finally dawns upon them as you walk into town that they can't remember what the key is for.

The temperature here is a bit cooler, the "Wyvern Water" off to the east keeps it that way. The sound of ropes and timbers creaking in the docks mix with the sound of evening crickets and midges as you walk through town, many of the various shops closing up as you pass, it is afterall, nightfall. Eventually, you come to the Five Fine Fish Inn, famed for their robust Ale.
    Runa Redgrave

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lager

Rubbing his hands eagerly, Lager eyes the tavern.

Now, this is what I'm talkin' about. If I have to be in a town, let me at least be in a tavern. Come, friends, first round is on my brother! Ow!

He glances darkly at the mule, who, when Lager was distracted, took the opportunity to nip his arm. He rubs the bite, grumbling to himself.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Having deposited the mule in the stable to the side of the Inn, (Lager, handle animal please to avoid being bitten harder this time) you walk into the inn, and the sound of bawdy laughter and people eating and drinking fills your ears. The aroma of sheppard's pie and stale beer fill your noses. The sight of a crowded dining area lies before you (including two full-plate clad knights with shields sitting beside them, wearing much the same attire as you've seen while walking through town - knowledge local check DC10 to know what that's the uniform of). As you approach, a stunningly beautiful halfling standing on a stool behind the bar leans forward.

"What'll it be, kids?"
    Runa Redgrave

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lager

I wonder if Eberhart's going to go after her, too.

Lager looks around at his group.

Anyone else want one?

He heads over to the bar and smiles at the halfling.

One tankard of something good to drink. Looks pretty busy tonight. Any occasion, or is it always like this?

Spoiler
    Show
    Lager has his coinpurse tucked inside his clothes. He took out a few small coins before going into the tavern. After waking up nude on top a garbage pile with a sore head a few times, he's learned to be more careful.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

Jericho

The bard enters the tavern, apparently this place was known for it's ale...And there was nothing like a good drink after a long day.
    He'd taken a special notice to the uniforms however and searched his mind of where he might have known them from.
    (If I am able to use Bardic Knowledge, not yet sure where it all applies.)
    (1d20+5)[19]
    (And if not, or if I can and fail)
    But he couldn't seem to find anything useful about it.

(Regardless)
    He's taken by surprise by the halfling a moment, but smiles politely.
    "Well madame, I'll take two pints of yer finest ale fer starters. And would yeh by chance allow people to play?"
    He flashed his flute tied to his hip.

25. - Top - End - #175

Meiphren Dunapuros

Meiphren nudged Lager. "Well, there's tonight's bard for your brother. Might make things a bit awkward on the road, though."

He looked over the halfling woman [OOC: "Stunningly beautiful," eh?] and seemed to like what he saw. He was careful not to leer, however. The manner in which his cousins had treated attractive women had always bothered him; so he refrained from imitating them--which earned him much derision and mockery.

Nevertheless, he did his best to speak politely. "I guess all of us 'kids' are of a mind to be set up with a mug or two. I also wouldn't mind a plate, if the pie's good tonight."

Mmmm! Shepherd's pie!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    For those of you who made the check, Jericho included, the knights are Purple Dragon Knights, sworn protectors of Cormyr. Lager manages to avoid being bitten again. ;)

The halfling grabs four large wooden mugs, and fills them with a pump-style tap nearby on the bar. The ale it pours forth froths into the mugs with each pull, sudsing and filling the air with the aroma of something between a triple bock ale and barleywine. She deftly set them on the bar with a slight thunk.

"That'll be 5 silver per ale please, and no, no special occasion tonight - just lots of travelers, it seems that plenty of people are trying to get out of western Cormyr. If you all plan on staying here tonight, you'd best make your arrangements soon, our rooms are filling up. All we've got left is a master suite and three bunks in the men's dorm. And the kitchen closes at ten, that's only an hour from now."

She ignored Meiphren's lustful looks with well practiced ease, and turned her head and shouted to someone in the back.

"Torvald! A plate of sup!"

A large middle-aged Illuskan pokes his head out from the kitchen window, his red and white hair and beard tied into braids.

"Al'right, al'right, one sheppard's pie comin' up."

She turned to Jericho with a somewhat serious look on her face. "If you want to play, go right ahead, but many of these people have been through hard times recently. Don't depress my patrons, people don't tip well when they're sad! If you do, I'll have Torvald back there throw ye out, hear?"

Moments later, a large wooden bowl with steamy-looking and yummy-smelling contents is set on the sill of the kitchen window, and the sound of a bell ringing is heard. The halfling hops off the stool, clambers onto the counter underneath, grabs the dish, hops back down deftly, and climbs back onto her stool, setting the bowl down by the ale without spilling a drop. She reaches into her apron and produces a wooden spoon, placing it in the bowl with a sigh.

"Here's yer food. One gold."

Shortly afterwards, a scruffy looking man with leather armor and a shield approaches the halfling and reserves a spot in the male dorm for the night.
    Runa Redgrave

27. - Top - End - #177
    Banned

Jericho

Jericho left a gold on the counter and took his two pints.
    "Keep the change love."
    He winked, downed one of the ales in about 14 seconds.
    "My father alwasy said drinkin' the way I do could kill a man, but since when was living fun anyhow?"
    He grinned to his compatriots as wiped his mouth.
    "Think I could talk one of you into reserving the suite while I try to rustle up some spare coin?"
    Without waiting for a response he took his last glass and turned on his heels.
    He spotted an empty table and practically jumped atop it, doing his best to grab the attention of the bar.
    He'd remembered doing this countless times before, before his home was raided.

"Good evening lads and lasses, gentelemn and madames, lords and ladies."
    He said in a voice loud enough to project around the tavern.
    "My name, just so happens, to be Jericho. Now I look around and I see so many glum faces, but, tonight I've come to fix that. We've got good ale, and good food, and that's reason enough to be happy.
    Now tell me, have any of you heard of the 'Tale of Maxely?' "

((Perform check to see what I can pull up their attention: (1d20+2)[11]

In retrospect should have put more ranks in it.))

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

The halfling, clearly not amued by Jercho's 'keep the change' comment, takes the gold, bites it to be sure it's real, and puts it in a pouch at her hip. Barely any change in the croud is discernable when Jericho addresses them loudly, most people continue in their conversations, laughing and drinking their rich ale. I'll also need a fortitude save for each of you drinking, one for each beer.
    Runa Redgrave

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fortitude (1d20+5)[10](15)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Jericho stumbles slightly as he walks to a suitable area to perform, and the next time he spoke, his words slurred slightly. You get the impression that if he had another, he might get pretty drunk. Everyone else seems fine for now.
    Runa Redgrave