New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Default Broodhollow-- it's still out there, on the edges of your sanity...

Just a reminder to check out one seriously cool little comic, Broodhollow. Lovecraftian horror in a sleepy little West Virginia town.
    Seriously, it's great. Read the first two dozen pages, and you'll be hooked.
    http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/...-little-thing/
    "...Look, it's a simple job. Just go down to the docks, book passage on the good ship Harm's Way, set sail for the Isles of Immaculate Doom, pick up the Orb of Despair which is already waiting for you, and bring it back to deliver to that crazy old coot who lives in that creepy old tower in the Swamp of a Thousand Screams. What could possibly go wrong?"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Broodhollow-- it's still out there, on the edges of your sanity...

Yes, join us in reveling in the horrifying depths of Kris Straub's mind, and then be appalled by the still-more-horrifying update schedule.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Yes, join us in reveling in the horrifying depths of Kris Straub's mind, and then be appalled by the still-more-horrifying update schedule.
    It's really not that bad. There's gaps, but between them it's weekly, and the weekly stretches are pretty common. Gone with the Blastwave this is not, nor even Dresden Codak or Lackadaisy Cats.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    It's really not that bad. There's gaps, but between them it's weekly, and the weekly stretches are pretty common. Gone with the Blastwave this is not, nor even Dresden Codak or Lackadaisy Cats.
    I'm sure I'm underweighting the side stories and such. It just feels that way because I caught up with Broodhollow around last October and so my experience has mostly been the main story threatening to go somewhere without actually going somewhere for fourteen months.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Hey, Dresden Codak's been doing a pretty good job sticking to its biweekly schedule! Though I admit that's still the slowest comic I know of that updates regularly now.

Also, here is the previous thread, for posterity: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...be-home-by-now
    You can always rely on the kindness of strangeness.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

It is really good. At first i were sceptic about the art. but the story kinda draws you in.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Second chapter was even better than first.
    Love the characters. Especially that pet.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

I just wish that the updates came faster.
    "...Look, it's a simple job. Just go down to the docks, book passage on the good ship Harm's Way, set sail for the Isles of Immaculate Doom, pick up the Orb of Despair which is already waiting for you, and bring it back to deliver to that crazy old coot who lives in that creepy old tower in the Swamp of a Thousand Screams. What could possibly go wrong?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

Kris Straub was dealing with severe writer's block and a newborn baby. Broodhollow was officially on hold. More recently he posted he's started writing new Broodhollow content again.