New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah 2015 : The Big Party

Well, someone had to host the big holiday celebration, and despite nobody asking her or knowing she was doing it, Felandria decided on a whim that she might as well do it.

Not that this is some kind of bland, subpar house party, no sir, how dare you say such a thing!

For start, Felandria's actual house is presently the base for ViGIL, and also some of the snack tables are out of the reach of many potential revelers.

So where, then, is the party, you may ask?

Fortunately, she knows a thing or two about portals, so guests can find the entrance to the party In several different locations around the Nexus, such as Mallside and near the taverns.

They all lead to the same place, The Olympian Barcade and Simulation Center, Felandria's place up in Skyside.

Inside, right near the front door is the room people can reserve for private parties, but now it contains the entirety of Santa's Village, the beautifully decorated tree stands proudly smack in the center of the snow covered village, where there are various holiday type activities, and of course the giant chair where various and sundry Santas will be giving gifts over the course of the season.

The Olympian's attendants and waitstaff are in the holiday spirit as well, wearing elf ears and hats in addition to their red and green togas, serving hot cocoa and chocolate chip cookies to whoever wants any.

In addition to the traditional Pin The Knife On The Duck, inside the arcade proper is the new import machine Super Ultra Pin The Knife On The Duck Hyper Overdrive Remix '15.

And when the revelers who are of age want something a little more substantial, the bar has spiked eggnog and cocoa available, which they can enjoy while the younglings have all kinds of fun, since all the video games are set on free play for the holidays (But NOT the ticket giving machines, we're not looking to go bankrupt )

Back in the village, the reindeer petting zoo is up and running, next to the ice skating rink.

And of course, since she's hosting the festivities this year, Felandria Claus is readying to take a seat in the chair, sack in hand and her little rock puppy Pebbles wearing a cute little Santa hat next to her.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2015-11-27 at 04:28 AM.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah 2015 : The Big Party

And the furst customer to arrive is... a red-haired barbarian in a christmas fur cloak and a chainmail bikini? Wearing a thick cloak with a bikini makes as much sense as you think it does.

She's not alone! Waddling next to her is a gentoo penguin, wearing a red scarf with fluffy green and white balls, much like the leftmost penguin in this image.

They'd arrived through the portal from Trog's. Rather clumsily, by the way, since both human and penguin had tripped over the edge of the portal and flopped right onto the ground. But no matter - they pick themselves up and go on like nothing's happened!

The lady and her pet bird head inside, admiring all the Christmas... erm, Thankmas decorations. It's not long before Felandra is spotted, however.

'Hi Santa, I'm Axanot! Call me Axxie!' the redhead chirps, before looking around. 'Am I too early?'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-11-27 at 05:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Not at all, Axxie.

Who's your little buddy?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

"I certainly hope, that yer talking about that ladies penguin an´ not ´bout me!"
    says a voice from behind Axxanot. A dwarv-sized figuer in bloodstained medic robes and a enormous mustache steps out of her shadow and laughs.
    "Godrick´s ma name, Dr. "Patch´t up" Godrick. Ya can call me Patch."
    It seams that he has tried to cover his giant bonesaw with cheap lametta and evergreen.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Excuse me, excuse me." There's a lot of excusing to do, as a mountain of an ork crammed into a broad-shouldered, aggressively drab suit muscles his way through, trying his awkward best to step over dwarf and penguin alike.
    Balanced within the crook of one arm is a fishbowl, and in it swims a little baby sharkling, bug-eyed and sharp faced with a collar of braided metal around its neck - the central stone glowing with a brilliant red light.

"Are you the proprietor miss?" He asks to Felandria, attempting to squeeze past Axxanot.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Medival Wombat View Post
    "I certainly hope, that yer talking about that ladies penguin an´ not ´bout me!"
    says a voice from behind Axxanot. A dwarv-sized figuer in bloodstained medic robes and a enormous mustache steps out of her shadow and laughs.
    "Godrick´s ma name, Dr. "Patch´t up" Godrick. Ya can call me Patch."
    It seams that he has tried to cover his giant bonesaw with cheap lametta and evergreen.
    Course I meant the penguin, Patch, he's so cute in his little scarf.

You want some clean robes?

Pretty sure the bag can give you those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "Excuse me, excuse me." There's a lot of excusing to do, as a mountain of an ork crammed into a broad-shouldered, aggressively drab suit muscles his way through, trying his awkward best to step over dwarf and penguin alike.
    Balanced within the crook of one arm is a fishbowl, and in it swims a little baby sharkling, bug-eyed and sharp faced with a collar of braided metal around its neck - the central stone glowing with a brilliant red light.

"Are you the proprietor miss?" He asks to Felandria, attempting to squeeze past Axxanot.
    Yes, I am, actually.

Can I help you?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

It would be a shame not to come to the holiday celebration when it's literally down the road. So Atorre has spared a pair of bodies to come enjoy the frivolity, and directed all their agents to take the day off and celebrate how they choose. In the future, when darkness has covered the Nexus and there is only stillness across the face of every world, happy moments like this will be treasured.

Tavlii looks much like she always does. Ranna, with his easy shiny smile, has managed to take off his goggles and his power gloves. He's just some ordinary goofy human. Pretty soon, they're on the ice rink. There's something fun about skating the old fashioned way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8

"There appears to have been a misunderstanding here." Digging a hand into the breast of his suit, the grunt produces a fistful of receipts and crumpled documents, thrusting them towards Felandria for approval. Permits for Thanksmas celebrations.

"Do you have an office where we can talk, privately?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

As usual, the Thanksmas party is invaded by quite a large number of tiny people. Reelshka is there, with Tuskfang. The little woblin is not quite as little as he was a year ago. Brinika is likewise present, often surrounded by a swarm of cousins in a varying degree of smallness.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

"´t least ya didn´t call me cleric. I have to thank ya for that.", says Patch to Axxie
    "I´m not a fan of gods an´ that stuff. They screw ya over i ya look´t them wrong. And I´m mostly busy patch´n up wounds, not causing them. Even if my sweet Lobothomy is indeed quite a sharp one..."
    He glances at his saw for a second, then he smiles at Axxie and the penguin again, and turns his attention to Felandria
    "If ya´re able to clean those stains then I ´d be glad t´have clean clothes again. But they´re nasty ones..."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrie's here, because she totally still exists. Yep.

And because she's a) awake and b) not yet reunited with her girlfriend and c) not having to operate heavy machinery, she's visibly at least tipsy. There is a pleasantly apple-like scent on her breath. Looking nice in a sweater and fleece-lined olive corduroy jacket, she is nonetheless a little frazzled, dark under the eyes.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Medival Wombat View Post
    "´t least ya didn´t call me cleric. I have to thank ya for that.", says Patch to Axxie
    "I´m not a fan of gods an´ that stuff. They screw ya over i ya look´t them wrong. And I´m mostly busy patch´n up wounds, not causing them. Even if my sweet Lobothomy is indeed quite a sharp one..."
    He glances at his saw for a second, then he smiles at Axxie and the penguin again, and turns his attention to Felandria
    "If ya´re able to clean those stains then I ´d be glad t´have clean clothes again. But they´re nasty ones..."
    Santa Fel reaches into the bag and pulls out a set of nice, fresh robes, very high quality material.

Here we are, Patch, hopefully these will treat you well.

Fel smiles, while Pebbles hops over to Peyton curiously, sniffing.

And while Fel waits for Axxie to tell her what she wants for Thanksmas.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "There appears to have been a misunderstanding here." Digging a hand into the breast of his suit, the grunt produces a fistful of receipts and crumpled documents, thrusting them towards Felandria for approval. Permits for Thanksmas celebrations.

"Do you have an office where we can talk, privately?"
    Certainly, I'll be with you as soon as I help this young lady and her penguin pal.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Penguin and stuff]

Axxie puts Peyton down after a moment - Pebbles will realise that it smells like digested seafood, because it's a penguin. Peyton stretches its head towards Pebbles, and gives a curious honk at the weirdest stone the bird has ever seen.

'Huh, I figure you were one of those people who preferred blood on their clothes.' Before Axxie can say anything more to Patch though, Fel gets out new clothes from her santa bag!

'Oh, Fel is Santa after all!' Axxie laughs at herself. 'By the way Patch, why do you say that? About gods, I mean? Is it from personal experience? I don't think I've seen a world with both mundane and magic healing.'

That's when Fel says she'll be helping Axxie. 'Oh, er, I dunno, I already have pretty much everything I want, I think... hmm... oh, how about a red fox?'

Meanwhile, goto wonders if Fenric will be joining Thankmas.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-11-29 at 08:18 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, back in the days, I always wanted t´be a cleric to help people. But as they started my training, a decendent of our goddess (Darûne, the goddess of preservation) appeared an told us to go to war ´gainst the church of Taranis, god of cold winds. Most of us cheered and praised Darûne, that she´d sended us such a noble task... I didn´t reacted, hoped that I misheared the message, for going to war was nothing that fits to the aspect of preserving. And at the same time, a collegue of mine stood up an asked the decendend ´bout the sense o´ slaughtering mortals if two gods have a quarrel."

Patch stares a while to the wall and speaks with a quit, grief voice.

Then the bastard turned him to stone...
    The next thing I remenber is, that I was excommunicated for blasphemy, heresy and trying to crotch-kick a celestrial beeing."

Suddenly he turns back to normal, twists his mustache and grins at Axxie.

"Well, long story short, I left ma clan and b´came a doctor. An´now I need a drink! Happy Thanksmas everyone!"

He runs to the nearest place to get drunk.

"Ah, an´thanks for the new robes Fel. I´d give ya big hug, but i´d need a stool!"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Carrie's here, because she totally still exists. Yep.

And because she's a) awake and b) not yet reunited with her girlfriend and c) not having to operate heavy machinery, she's visibly at least tipsy. There is a pleasantly apple-like scent on her breath. Looking nice in a sweater and fleece-lined olive corduroy jacket, she is nonetheless a little frazzled, dark under the eyes.
    Carrie might run into a short, dark-skinned and dark-haired woman, wearing a light blue jacket, jeans and a beanie. There's a silver pendant with a blue gem on her neck. She might recognize her as Sophie, a friend of Reinholdt's back in the day. Sophie, on her part, notices Carrie's tipsiness. Isn't it a little early to have started drinking?

"Hello. Don't I know you from somewhere?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrie blinks and tries to remember that face... uhhh... ugh. This wouldn't have been easy even if she were sober.
    "Um... maybe? I've seen you before, I'm sure, but I can't remember where..." She sways just a little.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"I think we might have met in HALO. Through a mutual friend." For a given definition of "friend". Her exact relationship with Reinholdt has been somewhere between friendship and sobriety counselling. "My name is Sophie Mouchabiere. Isn't it a little early for Thanksmas drinking?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrie nods. "Ah, I see, I kinda remember more now. As for my extremely mild buzz," she waves a hand, "it is not Thanksmas drinking. This is dealing with issues drinking that happens to be at Thanksmas."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie tilts her head.

"I'm sorry to hear that. If only life waited for the right time to dump something on us, huh?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"Mmh, things are awful like that. Don't date seamstreses, you'll give a year and a day as a demon's servant to save them and they'll just get kidnapped." She sighs. "And the demon's an absolute madwoman, it's like having a toddler with magic. She'll drag you to the mall at 4 AM and be confused when it's closed. Women." She huffs, then blinks. "Present company excepted, of course."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie blinks. That's not something she expected to hear.

"Seamstresses?"

It sounds like the element in that story that bears further clarification.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrie waggles a hand. "Maybe it's just that particular seamstress, but I'm willing to stereotype when I'm tipsy."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    [Penguin and stuff]

Axxie puts Peyton down after a moment - Pebbles will realise that it smells like digested seafood, because it's a penguin. Peyton stretches its head towards Pebbles, and gives a curious honk at the weirdest stone the bird has ever seen.

'Huh, I figure you were one of those people who preferred blood on their clothes.' Before Axxie can say anything more to Patch though, Fel gets out new clothes from her santa bag!

'Oh, Fel is Santa after all!' Axxie laughs at herself. 'By the way Patch, why do you say that? About gods, I mean? Is it from personal experience? I don't think I've seen a world with both mundane and magic healing.'

That's when Fel says she'll be helping Axxie. 'Oh, er, I dunno, I already have pretty much everything I want, I think... hmm... oh, how about a red fox?'

Meanwhile, goto wonders if Fenric will be joining Thankmas.
    Just as she says that, an adorable little red fox sticks his nuzzle out of the sack, it sees Axxie and leaps into her arms!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie nods.

"That does sound like a pretty bad situation. Is there any way to null the contract?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrie shakes her head. "'Fraid not... hence my drinking. I'd probably womanize if I were able to do that, but... well."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie tilts her head again.

"Normally, I don't approve of womanizing or... what's the word for doing that except with men? Meninizing? Doesn't sound right."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrie shrugs, nibbling at a cookie. "Normally neither do I, but... well, I can't manage it anyway.
    Also with men, no idea what word to use---not my field of expertise."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll have to look it up. Either way, this is the kind of situation where it could be excused. I wish I could help," Sophie adds. "I'm good at negotiating hard cases like this."

29. - Top - End - #29

"Is that it? Joy dispensed, and can be dispensed with?" The muscle puts in, craning his neck and tilting the fishbowl precariously to try to sneak a glance at his expensive-looking silver watch. "Sorry, but we really do need to sort this out."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-11-29 at 05:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I'll have to look it up. Either way, this is the kind of situation where it could be excused. I wish I could help," Sophie adds. "I'm good at negotiating hard cases like this."
    Carrie shakes her head. "Thanks, but I don't know if you can do anything about it... it's, like, magical, and also she did fulfill her end of the deal. Circumstance just buggered it up."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show