New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah 2015 : The Big Party

"I have my own room, and it's bigger than my last one. I can't make use of all the space- the room was sized for humans, so there's lots of stuff I can't reach, but it's pink. Pink is the best colour. There's a lake, and trees, and other cabins, and lots of humans. But there's some halflings, too, and goblins, who aren't so stomping big." She's got to know the humans better now, so she's not as bigoted against them as she was, though she still regards them as slightly crazy.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dena and Blanche and Fayyaad]
    Fayyaad is awkwardly silent for a few moments. The sound of his name doesn't sound like a... military observation.
    "I'm afraid I have no idea what 'middle eastern' means," he finally says.
    "It’s an Earth culture. For some reason a lot of things seem to parallel or share stuff from Earth, and multiple variations of it exist. I don’t know why either. “
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Dena and Blanche and Fayyaad
    And now she was spouting random observations. She did really want to talk to them. But why? "Analyzing eh? I don't suppose you think there many threats in the thankmas village do you?" The whole Jingle Bell debacle withstanding of course. "The Santa is here and everything." She gestures at the santa handing out gifts not far away. Hopefully she could divert the topic instead of answering her question.
    Blanche raises an eyebrow, noting Dena’s aversion but not remarking on it. She knew well the signs of an uncomfortable topic. She shrugs. [COLOR=”FFD700”]”Not really… though this is the Nexus, so strange **** happening for no reason is more than likely. In the field I just have to keep an eye out so often that it’s become habitual.” [/COLOR]She responds.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Nisha smiles, veeeeery slightly. "I like pink, but my best color is black. It's a nice color, cool and somber."

Cheasadh might be right in referring to Nisha (and also Luna) as 'slightly crazy'.

The ninja girl pulls out some pink paper and begins to make a girl with her origami at lightning fast speed, being done in about three seconds. "I bet you'll like this, then." She says, offering it to her.

Then a conversation occurs in Nisha's mind.
    "See? It's coming back to you, Raven. Your social skills still need work, though."
    "S-shut up."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Carrie sighs. "I mean, not that men are any less blehh, I had one of those before I figured out that wasn't my jam, but they're a simpler flavor of blehh. Everyone outside the two categories and in between or whatever---also some flavor of blehh somewhere." She swigs from her glass. "I'd say I'm swearing off love, but I'll be right back into the frying pan or the fire before I know it, believe me."
    Felandria downs another belt of Cherry vodka.

I know how you feel, it's all a little blehh, but you just gotta distract yourself.

Somehow.

Glug.

We could go grab Butler and cuddle him, he's usually agreeable.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #275

"Something can always happen." Dena agrees. "Doesn't mean something will." She continues with a smile. "Why don't you try to relax a bit and get a gift from Santa? It's the season' and all." She gestures at the hats her snakes now wears. "Look what I got as a gift."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-12-13 at 10:35 AM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "No. We just gotted here. Did you ride your ilk today?" Luke asks.
    "My ilk isn't an animal, Luke," Wenomir explains. "When Doorbot mentioned 'my ilk', he meant people like me."

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Wolf Party]

Mika will try to play along, but after a while she's a bit exhausted. She has to use most of her strength after all.
    "Ok, You won. I can't even move you." she says befor she drops the rope and sits down on the ground.
    "Your well trained. i guess you got a very kind host."
    The wolves walk over and sit down on the ground next to Mika. They are very well-trained. Thanksmas magic to make them cuddly and friendly also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    "It’s an Earth culture. For some reason a lot of things seem to parallel or share stuff from Earth, and multiple variations of it exist. I don’t know why either. “

Blanche raises an eyebrow, noting Dena’s aversion but not remarking on it. She knew well the signs of an uncomfortable topic. She shrugs. [COLOR=”#FFD700”]”Not really… though this is the Nexus, so strange **** happening for no reason is more than likely. In the field I just have to keep an eye out so often that it’s become habitual.” [/COLOR]She responds.
    "Something can always happen." Dena agrees. "Doesn't mean something will." She continues with a smile. "Why don't you try to relax a bit and get a gift from Santa? It's the season' and all." She gestures at the hats her snakes now wears. "Look what I got as a gift."
    "I got a carpet," Fayyaad says, lifting it a bit for Blanche to see. "It will be a good ornament once I have a place to call my own here. I think I heard someone mention it's supposed to be a flying carpet, but I think she was joking."
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-12-13 at 11:05 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

[Katrina and Fiar and Peyton]

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    ((I just came up with a rather bare backstory for Fiar. It's still full of gaps, so I hope the holes don't get poked too much. Thanks for understanding!))

The sound of the blender stops after a while, luckily. Fiar hops back onto the seat.

<I have... some familiarity with humans,> the fox starts to explain, ears folding down (again). It pauses, as if to consider saying something.
    Katrina nods and smiles reassuringly

<It's ok, don't stress about it: this is a party, not a drama!>

She looks over at the bartender

Hey there! Could we get some plain scrambled eggs in a bowl for the little guy here?
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-12-13 at 11:06 AM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

<Heh, thanks. Sometimes I think humans are dramatic, doing silly stuff for reasons beyond me.>

The elf bartender returns to Katrina with her eggnog, served in a little glass cup with a bright red lipstick kiss on its side.

'Here's your drink! You'll have your scrambled eggs in a moment,' he says as he turns around and disappears behind the kitchen door.

Fiar examines Katrina before bending its body sideways, letting its head hit the bar counter as if performing a more extreme version of the head tilt.

<You're... some cross of a human and a fox...? How does that work...?>
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-12-13 at 11:33 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

"Nannybot! Mister Veemir is an ilk person!" Luke announces to his halo, jumping up and down in excitement.

The halo's appearance shifts to that of a disapproving face. "Master Luke, there is no such thing as ilk." Nannybot says.

"Can you talk to the snow deer that pull Santa's sleigh?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm afraid they speak a completely different language, Luke," Wenomir says, realizing the futility of trying to correct the misunderstanding now. "Reindeer aren't like elks or ilks. I didn't know what any of those were when I was your age, though. How did you find out?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #281

"I got a carpet," Fayyaad says, lifting it a bit for Blanche to see. "It will be a good ornament once I have a place to call my own here. I think I heard someone mention it's supposed to be a flying carpet, but I think she was joking."
    The catgirl chuckles at the sight of serpent mini-hats, an amused smile on her lips. "I'll admit, I never thought a snake could look so good in a hat." Blanche remarks, before Fayyaad speaks up.
    "Knowing this place I wouldn't be too surprised. But, even if it isn't magic, it is a nice rug.
    Anyways, I'll pay santa a visit. Nice chatting with you two!"
    Blanche turns to walk away, before a thought occurs to her. Looking back, the catgirl speaks again.
    "Oh, by the way, are you adventurers?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

"Black's boring. There's only black. Pink has light pink, bright pink, pale pink, dark pink, lilac and on into purple, the second best colour, and red lies the other way." Cheasadh doesn't like black very much, nor really white. She does like the origami girl, though. "That's awesome! Did you see, Pookie?" The Teddiursa nods in agreement, and sucks his paw.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

"Nuh-uh, it's not boring. There's shades of grey. I like red, too." Nisha places the origami girl on Cheasadh's palm. "It's Thanksmas, right? Whatever that is. So... yeah."

She shrugs, then suddenly makes a suggestion. "I bet you could show me around."

14. - Top - End - #284

"Funny, I actually happen to be somewhat of an expert on magical items. Maybe I could have a look at that later?" Dena remarks as Fayyaad mentions the flying carpet. Then waving good bye to Blanche once she leaves. "Bu-bye and good luck!"
    But just as she is about to focus her full attention of Fayyaad again, the catgirl suddenly asks that question. "I am, why're you asking?" Her tone is suddenly very professional.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

"One could say so," Fayyaad says. "Or planning to be at any rate."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

"Grey is grey, not black. Black is black. Grey's what happens when white gets dirty, or black gets clean. Thank you." Cheasadh smiles at the origami girl and tucks her into a pocket. "This is my first trip to this place, and I've only been here long enough to help a magic cat-genie for chocolate." So Nisha would lose that bet, as Cheasadh also doesn't know her way around.

17. - Top - End - #287

The wolves walk over and sit down on the ground next to Mika. They are very well-trained. Thanksmas magic to make them cuddly and friendly also helps.
    Mika will stay there for a while and pet the two wolfs. She needs some rest.
    After a while she will stand up.
    "I need something to drink." she says. "You wanna something, too?" She is aware that this sounds strange, since she can't really understand them.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #288

"Funny, I actually happen to be somewhat of an expert on magical items. Maybe I could have a look at that later?" Dena remarks as Fayyaad mentions the flying carpet. Then waving good bye to Blanche once she leaves. "Bu-bye and good luck!"
    But just as she is about to focus her full attention of Fayyaad again, the catgirl suddenly asks that question. "I am, why're you asking?" Her tone is suddenly very professional.
    "One could say so," Fayyaad says. "Or planning to be at any rate."
    Blanche's lips purse into a smile. A professional tone is always a good sign.
    "There's a... nest, for lack of better term, of some monsters I need to clear out, but I doubt I'm strong enough to do it on my own. Contact me if you're interested. Blanche pulls out a couple business cards (adventuring has lots of competition!) and hands one to each of the duo, before leaving.

Blanche Terenti-Turath
    Adventurer and Monster Huntress

[Cell Phone Number]
    [Room Number @ HALO]
    [Room Number @ VIGIL]
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #289

It does? Dena has hardly noticed any.
    Either way, she accepts the card and stuffs it into a hidden pocket of her dress. She'd be dead before she wore anything without pockets. "I'll keep that in mind." If the payment was good enough. Now she needed to do research into this Blanche woman.
    Once she's gone Dena smiles at Fayyaad. "Not every day you're offered a job by a catgirl, ya' gonna take it?"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

"Maybe," Fayyaad says, looking at the card. "I can't say I know much about adventuring in practice. I just know that it's something I might find suitable for my talents. It sounds like you're a seasoned professional in the field, though," he adds.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    <Heh, thanks. Sometimes I think humans are dramatic, doing silly stuff for reasons beyond me.>

The elf bartender returns to Katrina with her eggnog, served in a little glass cup with a bright red lipstick kiss on its side.

'Here's your drink! You'll have your scrambled eggs in a moment,' he says as he turns around and disappears behind the kitchen door.

Fiar examines Katrina before bending its body sideways, letting its head hit the bar counter as if performing a more extreme version of the head tilt.

<You're... some cross of a human and a fox...? How does that work...?>
    Katrina smiles

Inari, mother of foxes, chose to create us: she took the essence of humans and elves and foxes and made the first Vulpans: Myobi and Myobu.

That's the way to simplify!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Grey is grey, not black. Black is black. Grey's what happens when white gets dirty, or black gets clean. Thank you." Cheasadh smiles at the origami girl and tucks her into a pocket. "This is my first trip to this place, and I've only been here long enough to help a magic cat-genie for chocolate." So Nisha would lose that bet, as Cheasadh also doesn't know her way around.
    Nisha starts to speak, then exhales and just ignores that conversation line. "Magic cat genie. This place is weird." She shrugs again. "How're you finding it? And wanna follow me while I look around a bit? We can learn the way that way."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

<Sounds like a fairy tale! To be honest, I never really thought they were real... it's my first time seeing a fox-human, too. The stories were pretty inconsistent as well - I'm still not sure what elves are!>

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [At the Bar]

The two sisters with the black sclera and glowing eyes turn to face the newcomer, simultaneously sipping on their steaming mugs of cocoa.

Luna the dark-skinned redhead grins widely. "Same to you, man! That sounds awfully polite, though." She doesn't react to his catboyness, she's seen catboys before. And how could she mention his clothes when she's pretty scantily dressed herself? Part of ninja training is to survive in all biomes with minimal clothing, after all!

Her sister, the smaller one with silver irises instead of golden like her big sister, just stares at him. She seems to be using her big sister as a shield, but Luna's having none of it. "Say hi to the nice catman, little sister."

"H-hi." A pause. "Yeah, same to you, too." She adds, a bit uneasily.

Luna smiles and ruffles her little sister's hair reassuringly. It works, and the 14-year old smiles at her sister.
    Synchronized staring! Sasha would be jealous.

"It's important to always be polite ma'am." Butler nods sagely. Be it in work, love, or fun, politeness is the bond of dignity! Also a part of his job and ingrained in his psyche.

Butler nods to them both in turn as they return his greetings. "I'm Butler B. Butler ma'ams. May I ask who you are ma'ams?" Meeting new people! Hooray! Admittedly, he's met a lot of new people on his job recently, but never really gets to learn much about them before they have to go on their way. A person can only keep up with so many. And NPCs are a little lower on the priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria brings Carrie to the nicest booth at the bar, with super comfy seats, Fel slides to the center of the seat and waits for Carrie to join her.

There is a bottle of Riesling on the table next to a bottle of cherry vodka.

Fel spots Butler over at the bar and waves, then turns to Carrie.

Hop in.
    Butler returns the friendly wave with an equally friendly wave and a warm smile, his mithril bell collar jingling the most melodious of tones as it gently shakes. It's practically a Thanksmas moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

Luna smiles and nods sagely as well. "Yeah, that's true. I like you already!" But then, Luna tries to see the best in everyone. It's a skill she had to learn after going rogue and learning the value of life. It's a skill that she has learnt a bit too well.

"I'm Luna, and this is my little sister Nisha. She's not very talkative, so please bear with her!" ShadowClone!Nisha averts her eyes rather shyly at that comment.

"That's a funny-sounding name, though! Lemme guess... the B also stands for Butler?"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Bar]

Butler tilts his head a little. "I don't think I have a bear for her ma'am. I'm really more of a catperson ma'am. Maybe you could ask Santa for one ma'am?" Though I think Nisha already has one so Butler doesn't know why she needs two. Maybe as company for the first?

Butler almost frowns but it turns into a wild grin. "That's right ma'am! Isn't it smart ma'am? I made it myself ma'am." Butler's chest puffs a little with well earned pride.

"Nice to meet you Luna ma'am. Nisha ma'am."

[Santa's Chair]

After some introspection, Reinholdt arrives here, ready to abuse the magic of Thanksmas ask Santa for a gift! Hooray!
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2015-12-14 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

[At the Bar]

Luna is silent for a short moment, then sniggers, putting a hand to her mouth. "Ahem, I meant... heehee... I meant to accept her as she... snrk... is, but I don't think I need to worry."

Then she begins straight up laughing at Butler's reaction. "That's a nice name, Butler!" She smiles and nods, finding his reaction adorable. "You are just the cutest! You must be a very good butler!"

Nisha is eyeing Butler out of the corner of her eye, but keeps quiet. Anytime he looks directly at her, she averts her eyes.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

"That's what he said he was, and he was a talking cat that disappeared and made chocolate appear in my hands." Pookie knows the truth, but Cheasadh's quite happy taking Reinholdt's words at face value. "OK, sure." Cheasadh will follow Nisha, and Pookie will follow Cheasadh.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

[Cheasadh and Nisha]

Continuing to float for Cheasadh's benefit, Nisha begins to move around. "So, where do we go first?"

30. - Top - End - #300

"Maybe," Fayyaad says, looking at the card. "I can't say I know much about adventuring in practice. I just know that it's something I might find suitable for my talents. It sounds like you're a seasoned professional in the field, though," he adds.
    "You could say I have a lifetime of experience in the field." Dena admits. "It's how I know so much about magical items, it wouldn't be the first time I'd encounter a flying carpet for instance. It's a pretty popular enchantment on rugs for some reason."