New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah 2015 : The Big Party

Being less subtle than Dena is a difficult achievement, especially for a Nexus newcomer.

"The snakes, maybe, but certainly not you," Fayyaad says. "And they should probably get used to it quickly."
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-12-07 at 06:34 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Penguin, Fox, Katrina]

Katrina giggles

<Aha! A passable sentence: you can talk!>

But she keeps it simple for now...

<Don't worry, the noise is just human-thing called a> blender <: it's for readying food. No danger - the human is mixing up chicken eggs.>

It's probably rather humorous sounding to someone who doesn't understand: all squeaks and yips and growls and whines, some of which are outside of the range of human hearing.
    ((I googled 'do foxes eat eggs'. My first result: a youtube video of "Red foxes eating eggs". I like the answer.))

<Did you say eggs? They're my favorite!> Fiar wags its tail excitedly.

The fox jumps up the stool again, but this time hops onto the counter as well, walks past Peyton (who's now standing on the bowl of ice), and starts to approach the bartender.

<Sheesh, that thing is loud, sounds more like a chainsaw...> Fiar whines, ears folding down.

The bartender though? When he spots Fiar, his elf ears perk up (looks like this is a real elf) as he does a friendly wave. In response, the red fox looks down at its own paw, raises it, and waves back.

<It's a human greeting, isn't it?>

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    He's far more subtle than Dena in my humble opinion.
    "Aw, that's such a sweet thing to say." She replies with feigned innocence. Though she would never describe herself as 'cute'. It was the only term she figured she'd grown out from by now. Dena waves her hand as if to cool herself, or rather the snakes, down. "I think you're making my snakes blush and they're probably not even warmblooded." However that even made sense.
    The snake-haired rogue may be surprised to feel a certain huntress backslide into her! Blanche, a fur-lined white trench coat wrapped around her wiry form, turns around to check A) who she collided into (the force of which is up to you) and B) where the heck she is because seriously Arkh at least tell your PCs about the random things you toss them into first!

((Feel free to ignore if you wish, I just felt like it might be fun to see how an unexpected 3rd party might change up the scene. Also that Blanche might have an interesting time with the duo XD)
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist scratches his head. "Uh, I don't know. Mom and Dad have insisted that they don't want anything. Grandma's been hard to reach lately with nocturnal business. And I haven't even seen friends like Strahd recently. I don't know what sort of thing I'd want for myself, either..." he admits.

"Well, then ask for something for Kitty, or Naku, or me."

Leah flicks the flashlight on and off a few times (while it's safely pointed at the ground), marvelling at the illumination.

"Thanks, Santa. This is great!"
    You're welcome, Leah.

And as for you, Mist, if I know the bag, and I do.....

Felandria reaches in and pulls out a wrapped gift in a box.

Here we are, now, don't open it yet.

When the time is right, you'll know it, and when you open it, it will be exactly what you need.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist smiles awkwardly, taking the box.
    "Oh, ah, right. Thanks." he says. Good save, Santa. He might have been there for a while.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

You're very welcome and have a happy Thanksmas!

And Felandria Claus will cede the chair to the next person and go about taking care of other Thanksmas party matters, like finding Magtok, wondering what exactly that snow globe did to her setup, and, most urgently, taking care of that Jingle person causing a ruckus.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

[Santa's Chair]

Yeah, Halli's not slow enough to not notice that, and neither is Kendra, who sighs and shakes her head, looking away. Halli shrugs.
    "Uh... if you're sure." He says, pulling out the requested dress and handing it to Axxie.

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The wolf runs after the toy. He's joined by one of his siblings on the way. Said sibling manages to grab the toy, and they both run back to Mika.

"I've heard of elves back home, but never seen one. They don't really talk to humans, apparently," Fayyaad explains. They're more inclined to shoot them on sight with strange weapons. "And I'm a tiefling. We're humans, but our blood is mixed with that of devas, who are servants of our god. Hence the tail, horns and eyes."
    "Oh." Mika says. "Seems like you have an opponent now. Might be more fun now."
    She take the toy and throws it away again. Let's see if there are more wolfs coming up.^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Santa's Chair]

Yeah, Halli's not slow enough to not notice that, and neither is Kendra, who sighs and shakes her head, looking away. Halli shrugs.
    "Uh... if you're sure." He says, pulling out the requested dress and handing it to Axxie.
    What does "that" refer to?

As it turns out, the dress has both the high-collared mini jacket of the right dress, and the flower decorations of the left dress.

Axxie spends a short moment admirng the comfy new outfit in her hands. Then, she stretches out her arms, holding the fur dress towards Kendra.

'For you, Ivy.'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-12-08 at 06:31 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanksmas Tree

Teddiursa gets a wave back, plus Rein puts a paw to his mouth, the universe sign for 'shhh, don't tell'. Followed by flying off to the refreshment table to grab some chocolate. He lingers there only long enough to get what he needs, before zipping off to steal a present, dump out its contents, then stick the candy inside. Rather, steal a decorative empty gift box at any rate. So many empty gift boxes. Are they allusions, or just cost efficient?

Anyways, this post doesn't get terribly exciting, because it basically amounts to Reinholdt doing exactly what he said he'd do. Or implied at any rate. He returns to hover over the little girl until she shuts her eyes and he can try to deliver the present of four chocolate bars in front of her and slip away unnoticed. At least unnoticed by her. Flying pink cats can be almost as eye catching as some of the elves we have this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    'Er, I want...'

Axxie slowly turns her head towards Kendra. Then back to Halli.

That.

[Santa's Chair]

Halli coughs.

"Uh... well, that's nice, but, uh... Ivy can't really wear that while we're on the job..."

Kendra rolls her eyes, giving Halli an exasperated look before giving Axxie a sharp glare.

"I don't want it. You're barking up the wrong Thanksmas tree. Sod off."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Kendra and Axxie]

Axxie drops the dress and disappears.

13. - Top - End - #193

Being less subtle than Dena is a difficult achievement, especially for a Nexus newcomer.

"The snakes, maybe, but certainly not you," Fayyaad says. "And they should probably get used to it quickly."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The snake-haired rogue may be surprised to feel a certain huntress backslide into her! Blanche, a fur-lined white trench coat wrapped around her wiry form, turns around to check A) who she collided into (the force of which is up to you) and B) where the heck she is because seriously Arkh at least tell your PCs about the random things you toss them into first!

((Feel free to ignore if you wish, I just felt like it might be fun to see how an unexpected 3rd party might change up the scene. Also that Blanche might have an interesting time with the duo XD)
    There are less subtle newcomers. At least Dena keeps everything civil.
    The gorgon chuckles. "Well, at the rate you're going, I-" Then she's bumped into and loses her sunglasses which fall into the floor. She had expected that this might happen at some point however and quickly closes her eyes. Cursed blind bird feeders. "Watch where you're going!" She swears under her breath as she snakes that makes up her hair starts to hiss angrily. Now she couldn't see unless she wanted to risk stoning someone and wouldn't that ruin the mood she'd been trying to build up? "Can someone please get my glasses?"

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad - a brown-skinned tiefling in a red coat and loose trousers, with a tail, horns and red/black eyes - is startled when Blanche bumps into Dena, and frowns at the faunus. That's just careless. He kneels down to retrieve Dena's glasses and hands them to her. He's not sure why she's so distraught by losing them, but he guesses she may be very sensitive to light.

The two wolves give the bone a chase when Mika throws it. This time, the other sibling catches it. Her brother catches up with her before they reach Mika and a brief wrestle ensues.

Quinn, meanwhile, might see one little half-wolfen, half-goblin toddle over to her curiously. At least, Tuskfang is somewhere under all the layers of clothing Reelshka put on him. The goblin herself is following closely.
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-12-08 at 01:23 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Jingle Bell the Slayer

The strike manages to slice off a portion of Jingle's rather copious beard! It falls to the ground still jingling. Jingle does not seem happy as he swings his sword again.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2015-12-08 at 11:24 AM.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

16. - Top - End - #196

[Wolf Party]

Mika looks at the wolfs.
    "Eh, no reason to fight." she says and looks around for anoterh toy to use .
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Thanksmas Tree

As if Pookie would tell! Even if he tried, Cheasadh wouldn't understand him; he's not a Ground-type. He still nods, and taps the side of his nose with one paw before going back to sucking it.

Cheasadh has closed her eyes, stuck out her hands, and is counting to ten. In the hope it will speed the process, Cheasadh is counting quite quickly, and not breathing out.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn, meanwhile, might see one little half-wolfen, half-goblin toddle over to her curiously. At least, Tuskfang is somewhere under all the layers of clothing Reelshka put on him. The goblin herself is following closely.
    Quinn spots the oncoming bundle of fabric and smiles, waving at Reelshka as they approach. "Well, hello there. It's good to see you," she says with a warm smile. "How have you been?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

"Oof. I've been busy," Reelshka says. "As busy as only the mother of a fast-growing munchkin can be. He's even harder to keep track of than Brinika was."

Tuskfang toddles over closed to Quinn and sniffs at her. His little tail wags.

"Hello ma'am," he says. "You smell nice."

[Wolf Party]

The wolves are clearly enjoying wrestling over the toy. Mika can spot a few other ones nearby. Other bones, as well as piece of colourful stretchy rope for tugging and pulling.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

[Quinn's Corner]

"Aw, thank you." Quinn smiles and leans down for a hair-ruffling/ear-scritching, even as she chuckles at Reelshka's comment. "I can imagine. Always getting into stuff, then, isn't he? Hopefully he's not going to go giving you gray hair."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

[Quinn's Corner]

"My hair is already grey," Reelshka points out. "Thankfully it hasn't started to go white yet. He's insatiably curious. And he inherited his father's sense of smell."

Tuskfang appreciates having his ears scratched.

"'M Tuskfang," he proclaims.

"And how have you been, Quinn? You left a bit... suddenly."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

[Quinn's Corner]

"It's good to meet you, Tuskfang." Quinn smiles, then turns her attention back to Reelshka and sighs gently. "I needed to clear my head for awhile. Get out, think about other things, blow off steam. I'm doing better now, though."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

[Quinn's Corner]

"I understand. And I'm glad things are going better," Reelshka says. "It's sort of why I had to leave my home colony... although that led me places, as you can see."

Tuskfang looks up at Quinn, his fuzzy brow furrowing in thought.

"You smell like Jamie. An' a bit like Talie."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrie resumes existing, having at some point acquired wine. She should not have this wine. She should not have anything stronger than tap water at this point, really.

Apparently she also decided to get dressed up a bit, as she's returned in a suit (she knows dresses exist, but she wants no part of them)---black, sporting a brilliant green waistcoat and scarlet tie. For someone who's past tipsy and very clearly into drunk, she's looking a lot classier.
    She meanders through the crowd, not having trouble walking or holding a glass as of yet.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

[Quinn's Corner]

"Well, that's because I'm Jamie's mother," Quinn explains to the little woblin with a smile. "And Natalie's around us a lot."

She nods to Reelshka and smiles. "Sometimes those sort of get-away-from-it-all moments can let us understand ourselves a lot more, I've found."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    There are less subtle newcomers. At least Dena keeps everything civil.
    The gorgon chuckles. "Well, at the rate you're going, I-" Then she's bumped into and loses her sunglasses which fall into the floor. She had expected that this might happen at some point however and quickly closes her eyes. Cursed blind bird feeders. "Watch where you're going!" She swears under her breath as she snakes that makes up her hair starts to hiss angrily. Now she couldn't see unless she wanted to risk stoning someone and wouldn't that ruin the mood she'd been trying to build up? "Can someone please get my glasses?"
    Fayyaad - a brown-skinned tiefling in a red coat and loose trousers, with a tail, horns and red/black eyes - is startled when Blanche bumps into Dena, and frowns at the faunus. That's just careless. He kneels down to retrieve Dena's glasses and hands them to her. He's not sure why she's so distraught by losing them, but he guesses she may be very sensitive to light.
    Blanche turns to come face-to-snake-hair and understandably takes a rapid step back, the lost glasses taking a moment to register. The huntress swiftly bends down to retrieve them for Dena, but may or may not get last-second ninja'd. Whether or not she hands the spectacles to her, the rather embarrassed catgirl is quick to say sorry.
    "Apologies, I literally just appeared here, and all of this"- she gestures to the festive little spectacle around them "-is rather disorienting when you were in a bookstore a second ago.

...I'm Blanche by the way. Blanche Terenti-Turath.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Pixie in the Playground

[Katrina, Fox, Penguin]

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    ((I googled 'do foxes eat eggs'. My first result: a youtube video of "Red foxes eating eggs". I like the answer.))

<Did you say eggs? They're my favorite!> Fiar wags its tail excitedly.

The fox jumps up the stool again, but this time hops onto the counter as well, walks past Peyton (who's now standing on the bowl of ice), and starts to approach the bartender.

<Sheesh, that thing is loud, sounds more like a chainsaw...> Fiar whines, ears folding down.

The bartender though? When he spots Fiar, his elf ears perk up (looks like this is a real elf) as he does a friendly wave. In response, the red fox looks down at its own paw, raises it, and waves back.

<It's a human greeting, isn't it?>
    Katrina nods

<Yes: eggs. It is loud, isn't it... though a chainsaw would be deafening indoors like this. And how do you know that word?

And yes, that's right: he's greeting you.>
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-12-08 at 10:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Sitting and Snacking

"Well we can get to it eventually. But I'd rather spend a bit to learn how to fight. Not sure if you could teach me, if your techniques rely on being fast. I'm...not so much anymore, being this big."
    Then the place changes, and Sam pales.
    "That's them. I should get out of here in a few minutes, once it isn't suspicious. "
    Sitting and Snacking

Alexia frowns as she looks up at the stage and she stands to pull off her cloak to lay over Sam's broader frame. "Come on, let's just walk and keep calm and we'll be outta here." She tells him. Her entire body is covered by that armor and a large rifle is slung across her back. Those odd purple gems are placed all over her but for now they don't seem to be glowing. "I'll cover anyone that tries to stop us."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Standing Up, no longer Snacking

Sam accepts the cloak politely, though even with the lady's broad, tall frame, it's unlikely it'll wrap around him nearly as well as it did for her.
    "Thanks a lot, Alexia. Let's go." he says, getting up and trying to walk out as she instructed.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #210

[Dining and Dashing]

There's a - A someone in their way. They wear a heavy fur-fringed coat, and thick framed red glasses hiding their face, luminous shapes flitting across the inside of the lens. Hands in sterile white gloves pluck at the air like a keyboard. "Apologies. Can you two please come with me?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-12-08 at 11:56 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.