New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Indentation in a post: How to?

Hey everyone,

My question is :

Is there a way to indent that functions as universally/efficiently as simply hitting" tab" in a word processing program?

So, I notice that the "increase indent" button exists, but I don't seem to have a proper idea of how to use it.

For example:

If I am to write a large paragraph, I have to highlight the top line then select "increase indent".

This indents only a select amount of text. Meaning it's an individual line by itself,and doesn't appear the same on everyone's browser due to personal 'zoom' preference. The top line is often shorter or longer than the second line as a result. (Hit ctrl & + or - together to see)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXO XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXO
    XOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX OXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXO

If I select an entire paragraph and indent, it indents the entire thing. go figure.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOX OXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO XOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXO XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXO

Alternatively, is there a way to make a document's "copied" format "paste" into a forum post?

Thank you in advance. You all rock.

-Dove
    Last edited by The Shadowdove; 2015-11-29 at 05:20 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Indentation in a post: How to?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowdove View Post
    Hey everyone,

My question is :

Is there a way to indent that functions as universally/efficiently as simply hitting" tab" in a word processing program?
    Unfortunately, no. The most efficient way of getting a tab character remains to use the tab key. The Indent button is meant to indent entire paragraphs, not individual lines, as you've discovered.

You can, however, "paste from word" with the fourth button from the left in the top row that might convert most of the formatting for you (haven't tried it myself, so can't say how much complexity it handles).

Yours,

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2015-11-29 at 12:51 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Default Re: Indentation in a post: How to?

------If you're desperate, there's nothing stopping you from using white characters at the start of your paragraph, except for the fact that people can highlight the text and find out how you did it.