New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Rob's Epic Level Campaign Continues!

I shrug my shoulders at the rest of the gang. When we all assemble, I reverse Mutagen, make Rupert yelp or howl just loud enough to cover the sound of me casting Mind Blank on the other side of the door. I then have him return to safety (inside my jacket or in a tumor pocket or whatever). I then ready an action to cast wall of force on myself if attacked. Mr Benson politely opens the door for me as I step inside, still wearing my little admirals tricorne hat.

"Greetings, great one. Mind if I smoke? It is Hell, after all." I light up my pipe laced with empathogenic herbs to discern motives.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-03-11 at 04:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    I shrug my shoulders at the rest of the gang. When we all assemble, I reverse Mutagen, make Rupert yelp or howl just loud enough to cover the sound of me casting Mind Blank on the other side of the door. I then have him return to safety (inside my jacket or in a tumor pocket or whatever). I then ready an action to cast wall of force on myself if attacked. Mr Benson politely opens the door for me as I step inside, still wearing my little admirals tricorne hat.

"Greetings, great one. Mind if I smoke? It is Hell, after all." I light up my pipe laced with empathogenic herbs to discern motives.
    You all enter the chamber.

It is a huge room, somewhat of an octagon shape, with either doors or some sort of curtain drapery connecting to other rooms/chambers. The runner continues on to an enormous, ornate chair, equal in quality, if not more than the door. Statues and many other decorations fill the space. Of note, 6 Pit Fiends, 3 on either side, line the walkway, standing firm. At the "throne" you see a 9-10 foot being, presumably Asmodeus. At his side is an unusually fiendish looking hellhound. Dr. Nimm immediatley recognizes it as a Nessian Warhound, a particularly nasty variant bred within the nine hells.

Spoiler
    Show

There are large windows, and even the ceiling is made of much dark glass. There is a breathtaking view that goes miles on, with only the haze of smoke obscuring the vast distance.

Not at all, Doctor, please. Come, enter. It seems that we have business to discuss.
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

3. - Top - End - #1053

I come in and have a seat. Naturally I take caution but I'm not being particularly paranoid as I sense that he really wants to talk.

Of note, I position myself to keep an eye on Fell, whom I suspect is the shadiest being in this room at this point in time.

I wait quietly. Still have my readied action.

4. - Top - End - #1054

SolithKnightGuy

I come in and have a seat. Naturally I take caution but I'm not being particularly paranoid as I sense that he really wants to talk.

Of note, I position myself to keep an eye on Fell, whom I suspect is the shadiest being in this room at this point in time.

I wait quietly. Still have my readied action.
    Arcivus quickly take in the scene. How far to the ceiling?
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

5. - Top - End - #1055

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Arcivus quickly take in the scene. How far to the ceiling?
    I'm worried that between Arcivus and Fell, this conversation with Asmodeus may be over too soon.

"Archie, I hope you can hear what he has to say with an open mind first."

6. - Top - End - #1056

SolithKnightGuy

I'm worried that between Arcivus and Fell, this conversation with Asmodeus may be over too soon.

"Archie, I hope you can hear what he has to say with an open mind first."
    Arcivus isnt dumb, we are facing overwhelming odds, he doesnt mind listening.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1057

Arcivus isnt dumb, we are facing overwhelming odds, he doesnt mind listening.
    "Yes Archie... You're eh... Brilliant. Heh."

8. - Top - End - #1058

SolithKnightGuy

"Yes Archie... You're eh... Brilliant. Heh."
    Arcivus doesnt get irony
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    You all enter the chamber.

It is a huge room, somewhat of an octagon shape, with either doors or some sort of curtain drapery connecting to other rooms/chambers. The runner continues on to an enormous, ornate chair, equal in quality, if not more than the door. Statues and many other decorations fill the space. Of note, 6 Pit Fiends, 3 on either side, line the walkway, standing firm. At the "throne" you see a 9-10 foot being, presumably Asmodeus. At his side is an unusually fiendish looking hellhound. Dr. Nimm immediatley recognizes it as a Nessian Warhound, a particularly nasty variant bred within the nine hells.

Spoiler
    Show

There are large windows, and even the ceiling is made of much dark glass. There is a breathtaking view that goes miles on, with only the haze of smoke obscuring the vast distance.

Not at all, Doctor, please. Come, enter. It seems that we have business to discuss.
    "Doctor? Do you know who we are or are introductions in order?"

10. - Top - End - #1060

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    "Doctor? Do you know who we are or are introductions in order?"
    "Of course he knows who we are. We are famous. Or at least I am." (puff puff)

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Of course he knows who we are. We are famous. Or at least I am." (puff puff)
    There are no chairs present in the room, but Asmodeus notices Dr. Nimm looking for somewhere to sit. He snaps his finger and waves off the Pit Fiend patrol. Suddenly, from the ground, 4 chairs erupt, somewhat in a semi-circle, composed of the same rough stone the floor is made of. He gestures for you to sit.

As you oblige, his hound snarls. He pets him gently as he eyes the lot of you taking your seat.

Let me know who sits where.

I am well aware of who you all are, as I have been watching you for some time. I, as you may have already suspect, am Asmodeus. I do have business to discuss with you and I feel you with me. May I offer a drink?

He has his infamous ruby rod, a weapon foretold in legend of immense power. At his chair is a clear goblet, with a red, viscous liquid. He claps his hands and then from one of the right chambers, a familiar face emerges. It is Leena. She has a slow gait and seems a little off, mentally. She is otherwise in good order, but looks to be playing the part of servant.

Does anyone want a drink?
    Last edited by DM7581; 2018-03-14 at 10:28 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1062

"How foolish." I sit straight across from him. "I had hoped for a civil exchange. Perhaps even cooperation somehow. But reducing our noble friend to a barmaid no longer endears me to you. I'm afraid this will go poorly."

I instead ready an action to teleport 10 or 20 feet directly to his left or right side if I'm attacked, restrained, etc.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"How foolish." I sit straight across from him. "I had hoped for a civil exchange. Perhaps even cooperation somehow. But reducing our noble friend to a barmaid no longer endears me to you. I'm afraid this will go poorly."

I instead ready an action to teleport 10 or 20 feet directly to his left or right side if I'm attacked, restrained, etc.
    He grins despite your snippy comment.

Oh, she is unharmed, I assure you. It was either this or keep her caged like an animal, and despite her love of nature, I am sure she prefers the former option.

She does not seem injured and is otherwise well groomed and cleaned... more so even than Leena would take upon herself in the matters of personal care.

As uncomfortable as this may make you feel, remember that she is still my prisoner. Her well being is open to be negotiated. How shall we begin?
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

14. - Top - End - #1064

I give Asmodeus a squint eyed glare and wait for Arcivus or Xavier to begin.

15. - Top - End - #1065

I will sit to the left of Dr. Nimm.

"Well, Asmodeus, since you know who we are and have been watching us for some time, I must conclude you allowed us to come this far. What is it you want?"

16. - Top - End - #1066

SolithKnightGuy

I will sit to the left of Dr. Nimm.

"Well, Asmodeus, since you know who we are and have been watching us for some time, I must conclude you allowed us to come this far. What is it you want?"
    “Im quite comfortable standing thank you.”

Arcivus places one boot on the seat resting his shield arm on his raised knee, but still ready to shield of any attack.

And then he follow up on Xavier’s comment, “and ofcourse we come to bring our friend Leena back to our plane”
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

He stands, towering over you all at around 13 or so feet tall, if not to leave Arcivus the lone individual standing.

He circles his chair a bit as he speaks, his hands running across it, as if appreciating the workmanship.

Of course you wish to return your friend home. I wish it is as well...

She, and you all now, have come into what is becoming a much larger scheme. See, oh where do I begin...

Spoiler: Sh*ts getting real
    Show

In the beginning of time, there was chaos. From it, the first beings were born. These beings were of both good and evil, law and chaos. Gods and other immortals arose and came to power. They would soon claim ruler-ship over the realm and the mortals that they would create, in it. The demons, coming from the depths of the Abyss were infinite and needed to be quelled, as their destructive nature and seemingly limitless supply of resources was disturbing the cosmic balance.

I was summoned with my most loyal to combat these fiends. Sent to the Abyss, we waged war.

He hesitates and takes a drink from his goblet. Leena stands nearby to refill it.

Time passed. Ages. Eons. When we began to change... due to the magical energies of the Abyss, we were deemed unworthy to live among the immortals of the upper planes. I argued that we had been only doing our duty, but the realm lacked a necessary concept which had not yet been enforced: punishment. See it was the mortals who would open the gates of the Abyss and defy their gods. It was out of the question (he scoffs) to have me arise to godhood to enforce such an alien concept, so instead, I was granted authority over the souls of the damned and the wicked by this: The Pact Primeval.

He reveals an archaic scroll, momentarily, and then stows it back within his robes.

This pact gave us, they now called us devils, mastery over the realm and over the souls of the wicked. Part of the "deal" was this wretched blood war, which would have continued to last for all eternity...

Except, the gods underestimated the demons. Yet again.

The 2 most powerful demon lords, as you might know, are Demogorgon and Orcus. Demogorgon is the current, though continually disputed "Prince of Demons" while Orcus, has taken on the title of Prince of the Undead. You have already bested some of his champions: the Black Scourge and even Nehlrus, but I digress...

The blood wars have been manageable for us due simply to the fact that the demons are constantly warring with each other. Despite their lack of discipline and savagery, they do outnumber us by a large margin. It took some millennia, but they eventually figured this part out.

Recently, it came to my attention that these 2 demon princes came to an agreement. Demogorgon was going to grant Orcus the Prime Material Plane, and together, they would destroy what was left of the realm, divvying up the spoils. Every other demon lord was executed in these... negotiations, leaving only these 2 in a position of power. Even the devils stood no chance against a unified demon army, so I had to make... arrangements. I suspect one will betray another at some point, but this has not yet come to pass, and when it does, it may be to late for both me, my kind, and the realm.

I negotiated a treaty of sorts with Demogorgon and Orcus both, giving them access to some of my resources, while granting immunity during the waning era of this blood war. Unfortunately I could not negotiate sanctuary for all of my kind, but such is the way of things.

Now, while you all were off fighting off Orcus' undead forces, other entities have been at work. See, the idea of gods' immortality is misplaced. Their existence is solely and wholly reliant on the faith of their worshipers. The demons eventually realized this and struck, corrupting the realm of mortals' faith, and unfortunately for your gods, delivering a blow that even they cannot recover from. You see, friends, the gods are no more and the realm is plunging into chaos as a result. Even their last champion that you even met Xavier, Eratheol (the last Solar), betrayed their honor by fleeing and going into exile.

The outer planes have collapsed and the demons march upon the prime material plane. They no longer wish to tempt or corrupt mortals. They simply wish to see the realm destroyed.

I am now in a peculiar predicament. My very existence in this realm is to punish the souls of the damned, and I have grown quite comfortable in this role, but once the demons have their way, they too will turn on me. My time is now limited and I only wish to secure a spot in the new order of the cosmos.

This is where you all come in...

I don't want this to be a one-way speech, so feel free to chime in with questions/comments before I go on.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

18. - Top - End - #1068

SolithKnightGuy

He stands, towering over you all at around 13 or so feet tall, if not to leave Arcivus the lone individual standing.

He circles his chair a bit as he speaks, his hands running across it, as if appreciating the workmanship.

She, and you all now, have come into what is becoming a much larger scheme. See, oh where do I begin...

Show

In the beginning of time, there was chaos. From it, the first beings were born. These beings were of both good and evil, law and chaos. Gods and other immortals arose and came to power. They would soon claim ruler-ship over the realm and the mortals that they would create, in it. The demons, coming from the depths of the Abyss were infinite and needed to be quelled, as their destructive nature and seemingly limitless supply of resources was disturbing the cosmic balance.

I was summoned with my most loyal to combat these fiends. Sent to the Abyss, we waged war.

He hesitates and takes a drink from his goblet. Leena stands nearby to refill it.

Time passed. Ages. Eons. When we began to change... due to the magical energies of the Abyss, we were deemed unworthy to live among the immortals of the upper planes. I argued that we had been only doing our duty, but the realm lacked a necessary concept which had not yet been enforced: punishment. See it was the mortals who would open the gates of the Abyss and defy their gods. It was out of the question (he scoffs) to have me arise to godhood to enforce such an alien concept, so instead, I was granted authority over the souls of the damned and the wicked by this: The Pact Primeval.

He reveals an archaic scroll, momentarily, and then stows it back within his robes.

This pact gave us, they now called us devils, mastery over the realm and over the souls of the wicked. Part of the "deal" was this wretched blood war, which would have continued to last for all eternity...

The 2 most powerful demon lords, as you might know, are Demogorgon and Orcus. Demogorgon is the current, though continually disputed "Prince of Demons" while Orcus, has taken on the title of Prince of the Undead. You have already bested some of his champions: the Black Scourge and even Nehlrus, but I digress...

The blood wars have been manageable for us due simply to the fact that the demons are constantly warring with each other. Despite their lack of discipline and savagery, they do outnumber us by a large margin. It took some millennia, but they eventually figured this part out.

Recently, it came to my attention that these 2 demon princes came to an agreement. Demogorgon was going to grant Orcus the Prime Material Plane, and together, they would destroy what was left of the realm, divvying up the spoils. Every other demon lord was executed in these... negotiations, leaving only these 2 in a position of power. Even the devils stood no chance against a unified demon army, so I had to make... arrangements. I suspect one will betray another at some point, but this has not yet come to pass, and when it does, it may be to late for both me, my kind, and the realm.

I negotiated a treaty of sorts with Demogorgon and Orcus both, giving them access to some of my resources, while granting immunity during the waning era of this blood war. Unfortunately I could not negotiate sanctuary for all of my kind, but such is the way of things.

Now, while you all were off fighting off Orcus' undead forces, other entities have been at work. See, the idea of gods' immortality is misplaced. Their existence is solely and wholly reliant on the faith of their worshipers. The demons eventually realized this and struck, corrupting the realm of mortals' faith, and unfortunately for your gods, delivering a blow that even they cannot recover from. You see, friends, the gods are no more and the realm is plunging into chaos as a result. Even their last champion that you even met Xavier, Eratheol (the last Solar), betrayed their honor by fleeing and going into exile.

The outer planes have collapsed and the demons march upon the prime material plane. They no longer wish to tempt or corrupt mortals. They simply wish to see the realm destroyed.

I am now in a peculiar predicament. My very existence in this realm is to punish the souls of the damned, and I have grown quite comfortable in this role, but once the demons have their way, they too will turn on me. My time is now limited and I only wish to secure a spot in the new order of the cosmos.

I don't want this to be a one-way speech, so feel free to chime in with questions/comments before I go on.
    "This cannot be! The faith of man has not fallen to this level, that the Gods have perrished!" Arcivus face deadly pale
    "I refuse to belive it!"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1069

"Nonsense. Utter nonsense. If the gods require belief from sentient races, then who truly created whom? At best, the gods are sentient beings exploiting belief systems. And why would the demons want to simply destroy the Prime world? Slaves? Food? Change of scenery? The lack of motive makes this claim dubious.

"Since you made a false premise, all your other premises must also be false. Seems to me that you're an opportunist. Your entire history is that of capitulation and self serving negotiation. Not once did you mention any higher purpose than your own comfort : even a mole rat wants a nice burrow. It is purpose above oneself and lofty ideals that elevate us from common beasts, and I see none on display here."

"Your #deal making has placed you in hot water, sir (no pun intended). Now you seek to make another #deal with us to get out of your previous one, and use Leena as a perfidious bargaining chip."

"Im afraid that all I see here is an opulent burrow for a very big mole rat."

20. - Top - End - #1070

Show

"I wish to hear your proposal."

21. - Top - End - #1071

@therealdrnimm @xavierdasavior @paladinarchie @nevahseenaleena #assmodeus #abyssalfail #bougiedevils

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"This cannot be! The faith of man has not fallen to this level, that the Gods have perrished!" Arcivus face deadly pale
    "I refuse to belive it!"
    Asmodeus nods...

Tis true and this has been a plot for some many years. The demons are cunning and unpredictable. Although not gods themselves, they do covet and envy the gods' power. They have since the beginning of time and have fought to wrest this ultimate control from them. It is true that the same can, and has been, said of my kind, in earnest, but a realm thrown into chaos is not one that can sustain life.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Nonsense. Utter nonsense. If the gods require belief from sentient races, then who truly created whom? At best, the gods are sentient beings exploiting belief systems. And why would the demons want to simply destroy the Prime world? Slaves? Food? Change of scenery? The lack of motive makes this claim dubious.

"Since you made a false premise, all your other premises must also be false. Seems to me that you're an opportunist. Your entire history is that of capitulation and self serving negotiation. Not once did you mention any higher purpose than your own comfort : even a mole rat wants a nice burrow. It is purpose above oneself and lofty ideals that elevate us from common beasts, and I see none on display here."

"Your #deal making has placed you in hot water, sir (no pun intended). Now you seek to make another #deal with us to get out of your previous one, and use Leena as a perfidious bargaining chip."

"Im afraid that all I see here is an opulent burrow for a very big mole rat."
    Asmodues scoffs a bit...

Yes, it does seem nonsensical, from your point of view... but not everything in the realm can be measured by mortal means. The gods were once little more than... well, then you all standing before me. Although the first beings born of chaos were immortal, those who would rise to power were simply the greatest of their kind. Lesser immortals, such as titans and even other lesser celestials did not earn the highest of rank.

The power of faith, however, is undeniable. Do you deny the fact that your very companion, Arcivus, can call upon the will of "good" to perform what others would consider impossible miracles? His power was granted to him by his deity... and now, this power has waned. Only a select few mortals of the utmost faith retain the ability to practice divine magic. I even suspect that the arcane arts have suffered similarly. I am still exploring this phenomenon... as I suspect you all have as well.

As far as the demons go, yes, they do mean to destroy and little else. Once they conquer this realm, even I do not know what will happen, but it is their very nature to pursue this. You of all others would know this, doctor, considering how "learned" you claim to be.

Spoiler
    Show

He is being truthful here. Demonic nature, while similar to the devils in sheer cruelty, is far more destructive. While a devil may be "trusted" in a carefully worded deal or contract, a demon never can be.

Alas, I am not pretending to be anyone other than who you already know me to me. An opportunist would not be too far off from the truth, but I have only agreed to entertain your arrival due to the fact that we share a common enemy. I could easily have you all killed here, claim your soul... but as tempting as that might be (he somewhat glances at Arcivus), I do have much to lose and the larger picture will at the very least retain some semblance of order in the realm.

Spoiler
    Show

Devils are very "lawful" and everything they do is ordered. They have a strict hierarchy system and respect positions of power. A world plunged into chaos would definitely not benefit them.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I wish to hear your proposal."
    He chuckles...

Ah, straight to the point with you then.

My proposal is simple. You must stop... or at least delay this undead uprising. I already have other agents in positions of power doing this very thing. Of note, when your adversary, Nehlrus destroyed Guardian, it unlocked the last key which unleashed an ancient primal beast.

Spoiler
    Show

Back when this happened, you all did hear rumbling and a crazy, massive roar out in the distance (north of Teleroths' keep, but east of the mountains). Not sure if you thought anything of it, but it was a clue to investigate.

This beast is now laying waste to a number of underdeveloped villages, with each life taken, and their souls therefore having no upper realm to claim them, the demons are now using each death to fuel their undead forces. As I have conceded power somewhat, I still can only claim a small amount of souls to fuel my energies. The majority are now being fed to the demons, further increasing their power.

In exchange for your cooperation, my forces will show you no harm, despite them marching with the demons, though they must not be put into a position of betrayal as to keep this arrangement a secret.

If you show some measure of success here, you may just slow Orcus' forces. You have already destoyed his champion, Nehlrus, as well as prevented the return of the lich, whose name you should know to be Azereus.

Lastly, your ally, Bear Ghost... he has been tempted by the demons as well. He is of the mindset that the gods have spoken to him in his dreams, but these are lies fed to him to further spread his desire for power and expansion. Be cautious with him, as his has grown quite formidable, but perhaps can be managed without too much loss of life.

If successful, you just might ward off the demonic forces long enough for me to see what Demogorgon is plotting. I fear that he is scheming to do away with me as well as Orcus, when the time comes.

What say you to this arrangement?

Spoiler: Pending Quests
    Show

The Dragon Gods: It all started with the assault on The Academy. The chromatic dragon followers of Tiamat and their crazed human worshipper, Skylla, acquired the Orbs of Dragonkind and attempted a ritual to bring her back to the realm. Bahamut himself intervened, as a new dragon deity, Chromaticus was accruing power, weakening Tiamat. You were all charged with converting this clutch of dragons back to Tiamat. Along the way, the silver Orb of Dragonkind was stolen by a follower of Chromaticus. You are not sure where they reside, but there may be a stronger organized group of dragons somewhere out there. As for Chromaticus, he is not yet a deity, which implies that he exists somewhere on the prime material plane, his form or origin still unknown.
    COMPLETE!

Strained Magic: Something in the realm has affected how magic works, with the most powerful of magic (9th-level spells), becoming effectively non-functional. This raises an eyebrow for obvious reasons, but especially in how it has limited both divine and arcane magic. It was suspected that bringing Kaine's soul back from the clutches of the fiends would remove this limitation, but it seems to have had no effect.
    UPDATE: Xavier and Kaine seem to have merged into a singular, psionic being.

Guardian's Past: Guardian, the Warforged warrior along with his psionic friend, Ridion were awaken from having been entrapped over 1000 years ago. They were betrayed by Nehlrus, a premier champion of their day as well as another mysterious figure speculated to now be the mighty lich known only as The Black Scourge. Teleroth Baine, a "good" lich claims to be preparing for his return, as he claims, The Black Scourge is his father. Nehlrus has returned, now an undead champion, and even claimed the Sword of Kas, a powerful, evil artifact. You all suspect that this quest and the undead threat (Call to Arms, below) may be tied in somewhere.
    UPDATE: Nehlrus' forces sieged Teleroth's keep. Guardian fell in the fray, so the secret of his past may never be revealed, though it should be noted that the moment he was destroyed, the earth shook and a loud roar was heard miles off into the distance (due north).

Dying Gods: It has been mentioned by creatures of reasonable power that the gods have been fading in their strength. With the hysteria of the undead threat and the conflict among the dragon deities, this has come to no surprise, but this has been especially taxing on both Christopher, who has experienced direct communication from Pelor, the "main" god of the realm (opposite to Nerrull on the good-evil axis) and Arcivus, a prime champion of Heironeous. Pelor "dying" would mean certain doom for both the weak and the champions of good across the realm. All of faith have experienced a dimming essence from their deities, but are usually loathe to speak of it, let alone accept it.
    UPDATE: An encounter with a being who claims to be the last remaining solar is alarming as a deity's strength is measured by their followers and champions. Asmodeus has claimed him perished as well as the gods.

Call to Arms Against the Undead: King Crassus of Cypress has issued a call to arms for all willing and able warriors to join his cause, as an undead epidemic has spread across the realm. It has been said that he has secured the entire island of the Kingdom of Cypress and has arrived upon the mainland. Rurik, among others, was last heard to be joining his ranks.
    UPDATE: Christopher took leave from the group to join Crassus' ranks against the undead.

Tribal Woes: Bear Ghost has returned to his tribe to finally pursue his destiny in furthering their glory. They have shifted from proud and powerful followers of Kord toward savage and ruthless followers of Chromaticus. Even the Orcish leadership was overthrown when clans of giants were united by a powerful troll chieftain. He is yet to defeated in single combat, with the winner claiming mastery over the clan. Bear Ghost means to change that, as his first encounter was nullified, interrupted by the meddling Dr. Nimm, who tried to sabotage the fight by poisoning the chieftain. The princess Titania and her Lion companion Leandro were taken captive by the troll chieftain, as a spoil of war, as she is the last of the Mountain Lion tribe, which were allies of Bear Ghost's Wild Jaguar tribe. All other tribes in the vicinity have either been conquered and assimilated (this one is thousands strong) or entirely wiped out. Garyxkilla has recently won leadership of the tribe, upsetting Bear Ghost even further.
    UPDATE: Bear Ghost has reclaimed his tribe, but little has been heard from him since. According to Asmodeus, he has been tempted by the devils to cause all sorts of mayhem.

Alchemical Rival: Vyncis Nere, an old acquaintance of Dr. Nimm appeared abruptly with an airship of his own, to once again pester Nimm's work. He was ultimately embarrassed when his minion fell to Nimm's and took his leave, but how he found you and what he may be up to remains cause for suspicion.
    UPDATE: Ruxium was present during the siege of Teleroth's keep, but Vyncis stayed out of the fray-- or at least out of sight. This is likely not the last you've seen of him...
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Asmodeus nods...

Tis true and this has been a plot for some many years. The demons are cunning and unpredictable. Although not gods themselves, they do covet and envy the gods' power. They have since the beginning of time and have fought to wrest this ultimate control from them. It is true that the same can, and has been, said of my kind, in earnest, but a realm thrown into chaos is not one that can sustain life.
    He adds to this...

Since the waning power of the old gods, new beings of power have tried to make a grab for ascension. The crazed dragon, Chromaticus is a prime example. Born some 2000 years ago, and having undergone a series of... interesting rituals, he became some fusion of the chromatic dragons that he felt destined to rule. His worship started with a few cults and then some weaker dragons, by force of his sheer power. His forces attacked those of Tiamat to weaken her base. And they were somewhat successful. Unbeknownst to him, the demons too were weakening the faiths by attacking their leadership and spreading lies and propaganda. He might have arisen to more prominence if not for you all, so a job well done there.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

26. - Top - End - #1076

My little eye twitches when he disses my "learning."

"All beings have motive. If the demon's motive can't be perceived it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Doubt is the very essence of learning, and if your mediocre library is any indicator, I've already forgotten more than you'll ever know. Immortal! Pfah! You've wasted eternity if that's the case, here in your nouveau-riche mansion. Or decadent oven. Whatever you call this stuffy, gilded place."

"Though Arcivus draws his power from his God-" I leave out the word" supposedly" to be polite- "Alchemy reproduces many of the same effects, and is beholden to no gods that I know of."

"Furthermore, I don't need to read a book to read your character. You wouldn't make any arrangement without coming out ahead somehow. On our end, we save lives and you throw in Leena, while doing your dirty work. Zero effort on your part so far, while we destroy your enemies. Yet you are crafty... Saving your hyperthermic skin isn't enough. There is a greater hand you're playing. What's your end goal? "
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-03-24 at 06:13 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

My little eye twitches when he disses my "learning."

"All beings have motive. If the demon's motive can't be perceived it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Doubt is the very essence of learning, and if your mediocre library is any indicator, I've already forgotten more than you'll ever know. Immortal! Pfah! You've wasted eternity if that's the case, here in your nouveau-riche mansion. Or decadent oven. Whatever you call this stuffy, gilded place."

"Though Arcivus draws his power from his God-" I leave out the word" supposedly" to be polite- "Alchemy reproduces many of the same effects, and is beholden to no gods that I know of."

"Furthermore, I don't need to read a book to read your character. You wouldn't make any arrangement without coming out ahead somehow. On our end, we save lives and you throw in Leena, while doing your dirty work. Zero effort on your part so far, while we destroy your enemies. Yet you are crafty... Saving your hyperthermic skin isn't enough. There is a greater hand you're playing. What's your end goal? "
    The pit fiends in the room seem to get unsettled when you address Asmodeus this way. Although standing as guards, a low grunt and a physical shift can be sensed at the corner of your eyes. Asmodeus puts his hand up to quell them, which they do.

You misunderstand, or simply do not trust in what I am saying. Completely understandable. The demons do have a motive and it is to return the realm to a state of chaos where they hold the ultimate power.

What existed before us (not sure if he is referencing life or only the immortals) is uncertain, but perhaps they wish to see the realm returned to that state where they are the singular powers. So far it is working.

As far as what I get out of it, well the same as you and your kind-- to continue to exist. While my "sitting in my castle" may not seem important to you, remember this: I was charged by some of the very gods your brethren worship to help balance and punish those deemed unworthy to live in the upper planes.

Make no mistake, the realm has and will continue to change. (He gestures to the putter view) Even this plane is alien. The Abyss and Baator, or the Nine Hells, as you would call them-- all of the lower planes have collapsed into a single fiendish, underworld.

I know not what is next for your realm, but if it is anything like what has happened here, expect chaos and countless casualties, especially since now the undead and demonic armies have their sights set on you.

My securing a place in the new order of the realm is sufficient motive for my cooperation. I have existed far too long to simply want to wink out of existence. Though the Pact Primeval should be voided since there are no "gods" to enforce it... It still retains power. This is a mystery I am yet to resolve.

He looks at you all in a peculiar fashion in ending that last statement.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2018-03-24 at 08:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1078

"I see....."

29. - Top - End - #1079

SolithKnightGuy

Arcivus turn to the group.
    “My time in this group has taught me a great deal about the importance of rules or more important the dangers of chaos”

“I belive that restoring this order is for the greater good, even though letting this particular evil (glance back at asmodeus) god - for now”

Arcivus still belive his faith can defeat asmodeus if it’s meant to be.

Arcivus face Asmodeus.
    “We expect you to release Leena and Fell from whatever enslavement you have them in”
    (I’m not meta now am I? We heard about his pact right?)
    “Furthermore we require scrolls and potions seeing that time if of essence and we haven’t got enough to make them ourselves”
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1080

I respond to Asmodeus' proposal.

"If you release all of our comrades to our custody, I am prepared to accept your proposal."