New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Rob's Epic Level Campaign Continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    I say in both Elven amd Celestial "Neither do I."

I adress the Kobolds while backing up towards the entrance:

"Your hospitality and cooperation is greatly appreciated... Really. But I just remembered I had an important appointment! Truly sorry. Good day!"

Everyone calmly walk away in a non threatening manner, eyes all around (ppl in front look forward ppl in rear look rearward).
    I'm confused. Toward the entrance of where they are leading you, or back to the outside entrance where you all came from?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    I'm confused. Toward the entrance of where they are leading you, or back to the outside entrance where you all came from?
    Where we came from. At least if they come at us, it will be in a tunnel.

Also... Post up fewwwwl!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You start backing away... Leena seems confused.

Leena: (whispering) I thought we came here for the sword... Why are we leaving? I'm not scared of a dragon!

She follows your lead, nonetheless.

Xavier, say something, will you.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2016-02-17 at 09:40 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94

(Privately) "We can always return or find an alternate route. This may not be the most feasible choice at the moment. The sword will be of no use if we're Kobold Kebabs!

Now that I know where this location is, I can use my powers of recall to triangulate the location from the surface. We can find or make our own route, on our terms!"

I'm hoping my perfect recall feature from Keen Mind will assist here. Additionally, I pay close attention to the route, distance, and elevations as we traverse.

Yes Xavier goooo.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I agree with Arcivus and Dr. Nimm. Also remember I can teleport us in or out as needed."

6. - Top - End - #96

SolithKnightGuy

(Privately) "We can always return or find an alternate route. This may not be the most feasible choice at the moment. The sword will be of no use if we're Kobold Kebabs!

Now that I know where this location is, I can use my powers of recall to triangulate the location from the surface. We can find or make our own route, on our terms!"

I'm hoping my perfect recall feature from Keen Mind will assist here. Additionally, I pay close attention to the route, distance, and elevations as we traverse.

Yes Xavier goooo.
    Arcivus followes feeling that fight another day may work best, but he has no idea how to get into the cave another way.
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Everyone starts backing away slowly, in non-aggressive fashion, when the leader speaks out:

Kobold King: Going ssso ssoon? No, you mussst ssstay a while longer...

As he says this, you all realize that the kobolds have all but surrounded you. You can make a dash for the cave exit, but many of them have scoured the inside walls above and around you and seem to have weapons drawn. Due to visual limitations, there are likely more kobolds with eyes on you than you on them.

You look into their eyes and can tell that they have little intent on letting you leave-- leave alive that is. Now, the path made ahead to the dragon's den is still open, so it seems that they yet may let you pass amongst them without a fight.

Action?

8. - Top - End - #98

I grin widely. "Well! I suppose my appointment can wait. I wouldn't want to offend anyone!"

I give a look to Xavier. Trusting that he can bail us out if needed.

"Lets proceed to the lair shall we?"

Ooc (I have the teleport spell.but.I don't remember if.I have it prepared.)

9. - Top - End - #99

SolithKnightGuy

I grin widely. "Well! I suppose my appointment can wait. I wouldn't want to offend anyone!"

I give a look to Xavier. Trusting that he can bail us out if needed.

"Lets proceed to the lair shall we?"

Ooc (I have the teleport spell.but.I don't remember if.I have it prepared.)
    I walk in the middle of Nimm and Xavier, If anything happens Im prepared to grab the two around the waste or the cuff of the neck and fly them upwards, not wasting their turns on fly spells or something like that.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

"Stay close to me my friends. I will teleport us away if needed."

Attempting to gain any useful information, I manifest Detect Thoughts and read the thoughts of the Kobold King. I will probe his mind if I can.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    "Stay close to me my friends. I will teleport us away if needed."

Attempting to gain any useful information, I manifest Detect Thoughts and read the thoughts of the Kobold King. I will probe his mind if I can.
    Nice move. You all walk reluctantly as the kobolds look onward, eager to see you go. It is quite a walk and you all marvel at the sheer size of the cave and the large number of kobolds here. Snarls and echoes of nonsensical speech can be heard echoing in the darkness.

Xavier hesitates momentarily (you cannot walk and manifest at the same time) and eyes the king intently.

Spoiler: Detect Thoughts
    Show

An immediate surge of thoughts floods Xavier's mind. An image of the great dragon they serve can be seen. It is in fact green and is a female wyrm, large, powerful, and adorned with gems and jewelry. His immediate thought is that he is sending you all to your doom, as his scouts were sent ahead to notify the dragon of your arrival.

He looks at you quizzically, not aware of the probe, but then ushers you off. You are soon outside of the 30 foot range, so you can probe another creature or end the spell.

12. - Top - End - #102

Naturally, I whisper the information I have learned to my allies.

13. - Top - End - #103

SolithKnightGuy

Naturally, I whisper the information I have learned to my allies.
    " truely hope one of you can protect us against her poisonous breath"
    I whisper
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Down the dragon hole you go

You all pass through the pathway opened by the kobolds. Again, it is quite walk that leads to a large underground city. If not for many of the inhabitants at the ready, you suspect that they all would be going about daily happenings, as shops and merchants litter the open space. The pathway eventually tunnels into a large, deep opening, with regal living quarters nestled on top. This is likely were the kobold king as well as the otherwise privileged.

The tunnel is large enough to fit a number of giants and most definitely a large dragon. You bravely march on.

It is eerily silent. All you here is the drip of dew slightly echoing in the distance. The light that shone in from the outside has been all but cut off, further limiting your vision. You almost here a slight dragging-- something large-- but aren't too sure as it fades into the darkness. Slight squeaks of rodents can be heard... this becomes unsettling, as you catch at least one of them looking at you intently at one point. As you pass, the small rat continues to eye you, but does nothing more.

A light fog starts to settle in. Dr. Nimm notices that the air has become slightly acidic, as his nose twitches to the sensation. Even underground, a good amount of vegetation-- in the form of moss and fungi seem to grow. This is quite a difference from the barren surface you all have recently seen.

Soon the tunnel opens up to another enormous space, nearly as large as the kobold city. Vast amounts of vegetation grow here, but all exaggerated in size, as if prehistoric. You splash around in puddles of water and hear a light rustling, as if a stream or other source is nearby. The thick air is almost refreshing, if not for the acidic tone, though the fog persists. Vines and vegetative growths are present in abundance and a series of rays from the outside sun shine through holes higher than you can see.

Passing though the vegetation, you enter somewhat of a clearing and instinctively pause. Suddenly a loud, sinister voice booms out:

Xavier Alexis... I know your name. I know who you are. Leena, the dragon slayer? Ha! And who do you travel with? Who will I have the pleasure of devouring today?

You continue to hear the dragging of what sounds like a massive body and tail. It seems that the creature is somewhere within the thick vegetation and still out of sight, though easily moving about.

15. - Top - End - #105

Default Re: Down the dragon hole you go

You all pass through the pathway opened by the kobolds. Again, it is quite walk that leads to a large underground city. If not for many of the inhabitants at the ready, you suspect that they all would be going about daily happenings, as shops and merchants litter the open space. The pathway eventually tunnels into a large, deep opening, with regal living quarters nestled on top. This is likely were the kobold king as well as the otherwise privileged.

The tunnel is large enough to fit a number of giants and most definitely a large dragon. You bravely march on.

It is eerily silent. All you here is the drip of dew slightly echoing in the distance. The light that shone in from the outside has been all but cut off, further limiting your vision. You almost here a slight dragging-- something large-- but aren't too sure as it fades into the darkness. Slight squeaks of rodents can be heard... this becomes unsettling, as you catch at least one of them looking at you intently at one point. As you pass, the small rat continues to eye you, but does nothing more.

A light fog starts to settle in. Dr. Nimm notices that the air has become slightly acidic, as his nose twitches to the sensation. Even underground, a good amount of vegetation-- in the form of moss and fungi seem to grow. This is quite a difference from the barren surface you all have recently seen.

Soon the tunnel opens up to another enormous space, nearly as large as the kobold city. Vast amounts of vegetation grow here, but all exaggerated in size, as if prehistoric. You splash around in puddles of water and hear a light rustling, as if a stream or other source is nearby. The thick air is almost refreshing, if not for the acidic tone, though the fog persists. Vines and vegetative growths are present in abundance and a series of rays from the outside sun shine through holes higher than you can see.

Passing though the vegetation, you enter somewhat of a clearing and instinctively pause. Suddenly a loud, sinister voice booms out:

Xavier Alexis... I know your name. I know who you are. Leena, the dragon slayer? Ha! And who do you travel with? Who will I have the pleasure of devouring today?

You continue to hear the dragging of what sounds like a massive body and tail. It seems that the creature is somewhere within the thick vegetation and still out of sight, though easily moving about.
    ooc: Dammit! This is too similar to something upcoming in Astonishing Tales.

Dr. Nimm steps forth, concerned at not having been recognized. In Common: "Well! Xavier and Leena travel with none other than Dr. Phineas Pompeius Nimm. Perhaps you've heard of me. Also in our company is the grandmaster paladin Arcivus Luscient, singular badass of the realm. First of all, what's with the rats? Most unsanitary and unbefitting of beings of your stature to have vermin in your vincinity. If it pleases you, my automated butler, Mr. Benson, can have this place spic and span in the drop of a dragonscale. I mean... a hat. That was not a Freudian slip by the way.

Where was I? (Rupert Nimm whispers in his ear) Ah yes. We want some sword you may own. As you can't wield swords, I should think it of no consequence if you gave it to us. After all, we have no quarrel with you. In fact, I've never figured out why treasure was so important to dragons. Why do dragons even hoard it? Do they ever shop? If so, what stores do dragons visit? I've never heard of a dragon going shopping. If you did, you would have certainly heard of me, as I've invented numerous household items, numbering close to 3, 000 patents, including the #RhinOven. An oven large enough to BAKE A WHOLE ****ING RHINOCEROS. Perfect for dragons!

So, do you barter gold amongst one another? What is it that you would buy? Perhaps virgins, or sheep? And for how much? Dragons never seem to have anything to show for their wealth. The point of currency is to buy things, yet you still live in unfurnished caves, always in single rooms, and naked but for your scales! I really would like to know. If you do not have a satisfactory answer, I see no reason for you not to hand over the sword, and maybe a little extra...

Perhaps we can trade it for a #Rhinoven.

Its not like you need the treasure. You don't even take care of the rat problem! Every one of you think you're so great and mighty, but I've never seen a dragon lair that even had a bathroom! For all your pretensions, your species keep very low living standards.

As far as devouring, you may try, but we're probably disgusting. I myself am so polluted that you would likely die. And as you said, we also have Leena 'the Dragonslayer.' If I were a dragon, I'd be somewhat nervous if someone called Dragonslayer showed up in my ONE ROOM STUDIO, so I don't see why you're chuckling. Just saying.

(I switch to Draconic): Assuming, of course, that you are one. Let's have a look!

I light a sunstone or torch and toss it at where I think it might be. Perception 28
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2016-02-23 at 11:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

"We are here because we plan on facing an evil so great that it will devour you as well as the entire world. Make no mistake, this evil does not share power. Now, we require a sword in your possession to fight against it. So, if you are going to attack, let us get this over with."

If allowed, I will ready an action.

Should my allies and I be assaulted with a breath weapon, I will manifest Wall of Force to block it.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As Dr. Nimm speaks rapidly, spinning everyone else's head, you can all hear the dragon breathing heavily or grunting, as if sizing up what the little creature might taste like. In between pauses, as few as the come with Dr. Nimm, you can almost here the dragon whisper to herself intermittently:

Hmmm... I've not had gnome in quite sssome time...

Far more tough than halfling, yesss...

Not quite the texture of dwarf, hmmm.

You almost hear the sound of the creatures tongue lapping its lips in between phrases, letting Nimm finish his spiel before responding:

Me, nervous? Ha! You jest little one...

Just then the sunstone flashes brightly among the vegetation. It is hard to see, but the shadow of a very large creature can almost be made out amidst the obscuring plants and mist.

An evil so great you say? Doubtful. You have no idea the powers I serve. And, I will have my meal soon enough, so need to quicken your demise. I do have many blades in my collection. Of which do you speak? Tell, me though. Did you ever slay that scoundrel, Garyxkilla? What of your half-orc friend? And the other little one... yes, he was a halfling wasn't he? I have some of their possessions. Is that what you are here for?

18. - Top - End - #108

SolithKnightGuy

As Dr. Nimm speaks rapidly, spinning everyone else's head, you can all hear the dragon breathing heavily or grunting, as if sizing up what the little creature might taste like. In between pauses, as few as the come with Dr. Nimm, you can almost here the dragon whisper to herself intermittently:

Hmmm... I've not had gnome in quite sssome time...

Far more tough than halfling, yesss...

Not quite the texture of dwarf, hmmm.

You almost hear the sound of the creatures tongue lapping its lips in between phrases, letting Nimm finish his spiel before responding:

Me, nervous? Ha! You jest little one...

Just then the sunstone flashes brightly among the vegetation. It is hard to see, but the shadow of a very large creature can almost be made out amidst the obscuring plants and mist.

An evil so great you say? Doubtful. You have no idea the powers I serve. And, I will have my meal soon enough, so need to quicken your demise. I do have many blades in my collection. Of which do you speak? Tell, me though. Did you ever slay that scoundrel, Garyxkilla? What of your half-orc friend? And the other little one... yes, he was a halfling wasn't he? I have some of their possessions. Is that what you are here for?
    Arcivus has no idea what the dragon is talking about. So decides to be quite.

For how long have we been in the cave? And how long since we met the patrol?
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2016-02-25 at 07:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109

"First, tell me your name, sir or madam, as its very uncouth to not introduce oneself."

I look around. "Did we kill GaryxKilla? I recall the name. I'm sorry, we've killed so many aspiring lords of evil I can hardly keep track. Xavier, do you recall?

Archie, why so quiet all of a sudden? We're here for you. Ahh... I think the sword is the one and only Holy Avenger. But since you mention it, what other swords do you have hmmm?

As far as texture, I should think Dwarves are much tougher, and halflings to be too gamey. (To myself: but what can I expect from this idiotic dinosaur?)

Also, how come you to have the posessions of the half orc and halfling? Perhaps dragons do barter after all! Fascinating! Please go on! And do be kind and permit me a bit of light, so I can properly adress whom I'm speaking to."

I toss another sunstone, trying to create a little radius.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2016-02-26 at 12:11 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110

SolithKnightGuy

"First, tell me your name, sir or madam, as its very uncouth to not introduce oneself."

I look around. "Did we kill GaryxKilla? I recall the name. I'm sorry, we've killed so many aspiring lords of evil I can hardly keep track. Xavier, do you recall?

Archie, why so quiet all of a sudden? We're here for you. Ahh... I think the sword is the one and only Holy Avenger. But since you mention it, what other swords do you have hmmm?

As far as texture, I should think Dwarves are much tougher, and halflings to be too gamey. (To myself: but what can I expect from this idiotic dinosaur?)

Also, how come you to have the posessions of the half orc and halfling? Perhaps dragons do barter after all! Fascinating! Please go on! And do be kind and permit me a bit of light, so I can properly adress whom I'm speaking to."

I toss another sunstone, trying to create a little radius.
    I reckon they speak common. Or someone translates.

Arcivus take Nimms lead and casually toss some sunstones from his own beltpouch. I reckon I can toss two, and hopefully longer than Nimm. Ill try and cover some of the blind spots. If I spot a shadow of a tail Ill try and predict where to toss the second stone.
    Insight: 9+7=16
    While he tosses
    My dear dragon, if you would be so kind as to stand aside as we examine your horde for whatever treasure we could use for our further endeavor.
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2016-02-29 at 02:00 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111

"As far as I know, Garyxkilla lives and we are only here for a blade. Will you part with it?"

I will still keep Wall of Force readied if we are attacked with a breath weapon.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sunstones aplenty are flung, illuminating much of the enormous room. Still, the cover of the vegetation and light fog continue to obscure your vision.

The fool still lives. Very well. I thought he would have met his end. This little conversation has run its course and you now bore me. I will not part with any of my treasures fools, but rather, it will be me picking your treasures from your dead bodies! Behold, I am Arnesvedonia, queen of the dragon kingdom, kobolds, and this land, second to none other than the great Chromaticus himself, and the very last thing you will all see in this world!

Just then, the snapping and shuffling of vines can be heard as the vegetation itself seems to move as if alive. A large pathway is crafted before you and a large dragon steps forward, the numerous sunstones, shining upon it, with countless jewels and gems encrusted in its hide and wearing a very elaborate crown of gold, speckled with gems on its mighty and powerful crest. She is among the largest dragons you have ever encountered and by far the most decorated.

Garyxkilla should have destroyed you when he had the chance. No matter. You will be a tribute to the all-powerful Chromaticus instead of his pathetic Tiamat!

Dr. Nimm definitely should not have had a lapse of memory with such a high Int. Garyxkilla challenged Bear Ghost's tribes leadership and, last you all knew, won it. He meant to "spread the word," if you would, of Tiamat and amass followers. Last contact you had with Bear Ghost (which has been at least a few days or even weeks) was that he had planned to challenge the great dragon, in single combat for leadership of the tribe. He did ask for your support, but none of you decided to show...

At this point, I would call for initiative, but since I am here, I will roll it for you all (no cheating). Lucky on an 18...

Initiative:

Leena (29)
    Dr. Nimm (21)
    Xavier (21)
    Arcivus (18)
    Arnesvedonia (10)

You are all around 40 feet away from where she is. Arcivus and Leena are at the front along with Reli with Dr. Nimm, Xavier, and Mr. Benson at the second rank. The immediate area is clear, but any vegetation will be treated as rough terrain.

Leena is first!

Leena: Enough with the talk. Finally, I get to kill another dragon!

She activates her Oathbow and uses a Bonus Action to cast Hunter's Mark.

Leena: (in Elvish, to Reli) Stay by my side, and protect me!

She then unleashes a pair of arrows at the dragon.

Dragon Slaying Arrow: 10+15=25, a hit for 34
    Dragon Slaying Arrow: 3+15+4 (Foe Slayer)=22, a hit for 36
    (disadvantage from the fog cancelled by advantage granted by the Oathbow effect)

Two arrows fly toward the dragon. You almost see them pulse slightly with a dark energy as they strike. The dragon roars in pain, but then looks intently and furiously at you all-- these arrows are meant to kill dragons, but do not seem to faze the creature too much. Leena smirks at the reaction a stands low, awaiting a counter attack.

Keep in mind that due to the fog, you all have disadvantage on any ranged attacks. Dr. Nimm, Xavier, you tied for initiative so you both go!

23. - Top - End - #113

Knowledge 28 nature on green dragons (or whatever applies)

History 33 to recall specifics on Anesvedonia (special attacks, weaknesses, color preferences, dislikes, allergies etc).

"Bear Ghost? Who is he?" (Nimm seems to have suppressed something)

Action: "Activate... Aerosol aura of purity!"

Bonus action: "Mr. Benson! Assist me in defending my person!

"Rupert Pompeius! Uhh... Just hide."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Knowledge 28 nature on green dragons (or whatever applies)

History 33 to recall specifics on Anesvedonia (special attacks, weaknesses, color preferences, dislikes, allergies etc).

"Bear Ghost? Who is he?" (Nimm seems to have suppressed something)

Action: "Activate... Aerosol aura of purity!"

Bonus action: "Mr. Benson! Assist me in defending my person!

"Rupert Pompeius! Uhh... Just hide."
    Green dragons are covetous and deceitful, though they have an unusual honor about them, if ever given their word. They tend to favor dense forests, which this definitely is not-- at least not on the outside (the overconsumption by the predators due to the ecological imbalance shift, which drove the nearby elves to extinction, is clue to the land being worn and barren). Their breath weapons are cones of poisonous gas, and as you would suspect, they too are immune to poison and poisonous effects. This one in particular seems to have fallen into favor with Chromaticus.

You do not recall any history on this specific dragon, although her mention and discord for Garyxkilla definitely suggests some history, which might be worth investigating.

For Bear Ghost see page 1 NPCs. Leo was playing him and then dropped out. Angel was his original player, but left the game some time ago. Not Angel Lee.

--

Mr. Benson steps in front of Dr. Nimm slowly, then almost robotically puts up his fists like an early 1920s boxer. He then starts bouncing and weaving, very un-robotic-like, as if prepping for a melee assault.

Aerosol of Purity. Love it. Dr. Nimm pulls a string that cranks and whirls, drenching everyone with a (hopefully not toxic) cloud of mist. The visual effect subsides, but everyone feels strangely rejuvenated.

Xavier is holding his action to put up a Wall of Force in the event of a breath weapon. He concentrates on the effect, eyeing the dragon intently and holding the power's energy for just the right moment.

Just as Arcivus is about to react, you see the dragon chuckle lightly to herself. Her eyes roll back, as if concentrating momentarily on her surroundings. Suddenly, everyone feels the ground beneath them tremor slightly, followed by an explosion of dry, thorny vines from the ground. An immense wall is erected, separating the front and back ranks. In the front stand Mr. Benson, Arcivus, Leena, and Reli. Behind the wall stand Dr. Nimm and Xavier.

The wall is about 10 feet high and extremely dense. It covers a large space across and would take a round or 2 to go around on foot.

The thorn-wall limits line of sight, so Xavier, you cannot see the dragon and will have trouble letting off your power. Let me know if you still want to hold it or let it manifest now based on where you last saw everyone's position.

Not fazed by silly parlor tricks... Arcivus (insert action here, but wait for Xavier's Wall of Force decision).

--

Initiative:

Leena (29): Hunter's Mark, Aura of Purity
    Dr. Nimm (21): Aura of Purity, behind thorn-wall
    Xavier (21): Aura of Purity, Readied action, behind thorn-wall
    Arcivus (18): Aura of Purity
    Arnesvedonia (10)
    Last edited by DM7581; 2016-03-02 at 10:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

I will go ahead and manifest Wall of Force to shield the front row from whatever trickery this dragon has planned.

26. - Top - End - #116

SolithKnightGuy

I will go ahead and manifest Wall of Force to shield the front row from whatever trickery this dragon has planned.
    Arcivus slightly frustrated that a wall of impenetrable force is in his way, but in battle rage his mind is focused on swinging the sword not wisdom.

Arcivus activates his sacred weapon, and a bright light emits from his blade. (20ft bright light, 20ft dim)
    Remember that I cast deathward and Freedom of movement at that crossway. (one is a 1hour buff one is an 8hour buff)

By this light I will slay you, you foul beast of poison and bile! Arcivus salutes, move a bit closer to the wall of force still within 30ft of the group. If possible ill move right next to the wall.

The perceptive will notice that Arcivus isnt touching the ground but hover a few inches above.
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2016-03-04 at 06:32 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Arcivus slightly frustrated that a wall of impenetrable force is in his way, but in battle rage his mind is focused on swinging the sword not wisdom.

Arcivus activates his sacred weapon, and a bright light emits from his blade. (20ft bright light, 20ft dim)
    Remember that I cast deathward and Freedom of movement at that crossway. (one is a 1hour buff one is an 8hour buff)

By this light I will slay you, you foul beast of poison and bile! Arcivus salutes, move a bit closer to the wall of force still within 30ft of the group. If possible ill move right next to the wall.

The perceptive will notice that Arcivus isnt touching the ground but hover a few inches above.
    Even the perceptive cannot see a Wall of Force. You had no idea Xavier was planning on manifesting it and would have no way of seeing it if he had. As far as you know, there is no wall between you. I'll get the details from Xavier in private as far as where he plans to put it.

28. - Top - End - #118

SolithKnightGuy

Even the perceptive cannot see a Wall of Force. You had no idea Xavier was planning on manifesting it and would have no way of seeing it if he had. As far as you know, there is no wall between you. I'll get the details from Xavier in private as far as where he plans to put it.
    Okey in that case Ill activate my sacred weapon while im charging (flying) toward the dragon... FOR HEIRO...BOINK... I collide with the wall... I reckon ill have to make a dex to keep on my feet/hovering?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Certainly, with Xavier's psionically enhanced intellect there is a way to avoid any confusion. Xavier concludes a simple battle command will suffice.

"Hold your positions my friends."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post

I'll say that you trust Xavier's words and follow through with your initial action, minus the move (he did say to stay put). Instead, you just reposition yourself at point, along with Reli and Mr. Benson, with Leena just behind.

--

Xavier takes his turn to fly above the wall of thorns and manifest his wall. The dragon look sat you all suspiciously, but comes forward in flight, colliding with the wall.

Ah! Cowards! You mean to delay your destruction?!

The Wall of Force is placed halfway between you all (20 feet or so), meaning that the dragon uses 20 feet of movement in coming into contact. The wall is placed in a square, 50x50 feet. Not knowing the dimensions, she snarls.

Trickery! No matter!

She then climbs 50 feet up (her fly speed is 80), feeling the invisible wall, until she is almost over it. She remains on the opposite side, hovering and using the wall as cover. At this point everyone can assume that there is an invisible wall there, and it looks to be about 50 feet high. You are not sure of its width.

This puts her a good 55 feet away, diagonally (20 feet back, 50 feet up) from Arcivus and the front row, about 60 away from Leena, and about 70 away from Dr. Nimm. Xavier took his action to fly up, so he is actually closer at around 40 feet away.

Yes (a^2)+(b^2)=c^2. I am solving for the hypotenuse in each case.

The dragon seems to be ready to defend herself midflight, at a moments notice (Dodge action).

This ends the first round. Everyone seems pumped and buffed up.

--

Round 2!

Leena, seeing that an arrow would be a waste of time, quickly repositions herself.

We should spread out now, to not get caught in a breath weapon! (In Elvish) Reli, with me!

She then proceeds around the right side of where the dragon is hovering, but doesn't seem to make it to where the wall might be. She and Reli then stand at the defensive.

She curses the dragon in draconic, in an attempt to goad the creature.

@!*&%*$#@!

--

Initiative:

Leena (29): Hunter's Mark (c), Aura of Purity
    Dr. Nimm (21): Aura of Purity (c), behind thorn-wall
    Xavier (21): Aura of Purity, behind thorn-wall, flying, Wall of Force (c)
    Arcivus (18): Aura of Purity, Death Ward, Freedom of Movement, flying
    Arnesvedonia (10): flying

Xavier, Nimm, you go!
    Last edited by DM7581; 2016-03-05 at 04:31 PM.