New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Use every part of the buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by FocusWolf413 View Post
    Human doesn't have an exotic taste. It's called long pork for a reason.

The whole denture thing has a lot of historical accuracy. After battles, people would go onto the battlefield with pliers and a bucket and rip the teeth from the dead and dying soldiers. This was extremely popular in the civil war.
    Well, I may or may not have contracted fantasy syphilis from the woman, so I wasn't sure if that would affect the taste.

Again, antipaladin/bringer of disease.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

In a mountain after a cave-in.

MY STATS OFF THE ELITE ARRAY:
    Str: 14 Dex: 8 Con: 12 Int: 15 Wis: 10 Cha: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Vrock_Summoner View Post
    I wish I had you for a DM...
    Please critique my 5e Beguiler Wizard subclass!

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...izard-Subclass

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rubik View Post
    Souls can be used as material components in spells with XP costs to lower said cost. (By 10 whole XP!) It's widely considered the vilest of acts, so stock up and use as many souls as possible to pay for Gating in a solar! For science! hilarity!
    Isn't that only for crafting? The BoVD spell components section doesn't mention anything about XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

Male

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyphoenixx View Post
    You're overlooking the part where "the soul must be free and willing to return". Even the dumbest goblin will rather stay dead after being resurrected once only to be butchered again.
    And you'd have to butcher a whole lot of goblins to make up for the initial costs of the traps even if it did work. Those things aren't exactly cheap, and a goblin isn't really worth that much.
    If you have the soul in the dagger, you can still use Magic Jar to swap it into a body you make via Polymorph Any Object. Normally, this could be a waste of spells, since you could harvest parts from the inert body, but can a body without a soul truly experience pain?

Plus, convert pain to pleasure and make both liquid pain AND ambrosia. A lot better chance of the soul coming back, if needed. Only do this if you actually like the soul in question, though. Many find this...distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Isn't that only for crafting? The BoVD spell components section doesn't mention anything about XP.
    Maybe that's what I was thinking of. Oh well. Craft a scroll of Gate, then, and use the scroll. Add in other optional material components such as a goblin child's finger bones and such. Angels love children, right?
    Last edited by Rubik; 2015-12-01 at 05:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rubik View Post
    Maybe that's what I was thinking of. Oh well. Craft a scroll of Gate, then, and use the scroll. Add in other optional material components such as a goblin child's finger bones and such. Angels love children, right?
    An [Evil] magic item that casts a [Good] spell? I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting