New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Age of Ruin IC: When all your friends are dead

Kizima throws her mace with all her might... which isn't that much. The mace head hits the priest on the leg, eliciting a slight wince, but he finishes his chant without difficulty. His muscles bulge and he grows about 6 inches. He starts chanting again. Silarthis, master of hate, freeze that enemy within her tracks! The two cultists next to him also start chanting, though it is too quiet to hear over his bellowing voice.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-08-27 at 03:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Kizima feels a feeling of intense dread settle around her as the two acolytes finish chanting, but the plucky halfling manages to ignore it. However, a more powerful force batters at her mind, and she feels her limbs freeze, paralysing her.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    Livina ducks quickly away from the doorway as the chanting starts, and glances over at Kizima.
    ...She's not moving?!
    Livina reaches out and bodily drags the tiny woman out of the doorway and into the lee. She shoots Krashnix a questioning look.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Akim watches the proceedings. He hears the priest chant and wonders "Hrm... if it's true that the priests have arcane powers, maybe that's their version of a verbal component ?"

He stays put, but then he realizes that Livinia has to drag Kizima back bodily.

"This does not bode well... the little one seems to be paralyzed.. maybe something like a Hold Person... i better do something..."

Akim gestures to Rego to stay and quickly jogs over to Livinia while digging in his component pouch for something. Then he puts a hand on Livinias shoulder and chants a few syllabies of his own. Whereupon Livinia promptly vanishes.

"You get to strike once while invisible, make it count."

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    Now invisible, Livina nods just as the futility of nodding hits her. With an invisible roll of the eyes, the Mokai acrobat gathers her robe about her and creeps around the doorframe, circling around the priests as quietly as she can until she stands directly behind the shouty man.
    Move Silently - (1d20+9)[28]

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Excellent, crows the leader just in front of Livina, brandishing his mace. Now we've frozen one, let's move in for the kill! You two go first.
    Us? The two acolytes look at each other, nervously.
    Evidently no-one heard her sneaking.
    Wham! Livina's fist smacks into the back of the cleric's head, knocking him forward, coughing blood. She jumps and spins, her foot aimed at his face, yet there is some sort of resistance and her blow is deflected. The man spins to look at her, enraged. He growls like a beast as he swings his mace in both hands at Livina, with incredible force.
    The two acolytes cry out in shock at Livina's appearance, but quickly recover, and chant, Silarthis, heal your chosen one! Soft light comes out of their hands and as they tap their leader his wounds start to close.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-08-31 at 11:08 AM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Krashnix

Seeing Kizima completely frozen to the ground he casts a spell to remove any magic that binds her. After that he moves through the doorway ready to help Livina.
    Last edited by Regwon; 2007-09-02 at 07:07 AM.
    Writer and DM for The Mine Children, an actual play podcast set in the dark world of Demipia. Listen to us here: https://demipia.podbean.com/

Spoiler
    Show
    Trapped forever in within a plane of forest and mist, the evil fey king Parsa rests to contemplate his fate. The portal to that domain is forever closed. Almost all those who knew of that plane are dead. Only five remain. Four are sworn to secrecy, and one is trapped in a mirror...

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Kizima feels the mental force holding her fade and vanish, allowing her to move once more.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Akim had just tucked his staff under his arm to bodily haul the paralysed Kizima out of harms way, but since Sir Krashnix took care of that problem, he just shrugs and readies the staff to strike again, mumbling ".. just as well..." under his breath.

Lycar

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Akim wait for the re-mobilized Kizima to spring into action and kill those cultists.

She seems disappointingly disinclined to do so.

"What are you waiting for ? Those cultists are still alive !" he yells with a hint of panic in his voice.

(Great, seems that little spell shocked the fight out of the little one.. *sigh* if you want something done right...)

"Look, it's not that hard, even *I* can do it !" Akim exclaims, raises his staff and runs into the room, approaching the nearest enemy and swinging his staff at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid another attack while fighting defensivly to make the target easier to hit: (1d20+2)[16]

Lycar

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-09-07 at 04:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

The priest ducks to avoid being hit on the head. He snarls in annoyance. Deal with him, I'll take the girl out! he yells to his acolytes.
    They turn, and flick their grim knives at Akim's flesh, while the priest, head ringing from Livina's savage kicks, swings his mace, smashing into Livina's side, and then he brings it around for another blow. This time Livina screams as incredible pain, far more than a simple blow, wracks her entire body.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-09-15 at 09:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Krashnix

Seeing Livina being hit, Krashnix runs up to her, chanting something as he goes. Upon reaching her he touches her. Blue flames extend from his hands and cover her body, knitting her wounds.
    Writer and DM for The Mine Children, an actual play podcast set in the dark world of Demipia. Listen to us here: https://demipia.podbean.com/

Spoiler
    Show
    Trapped forever in within a plane of forest and mist, the evil fey king Parsa rests to contemplate his fate. The portal to that domain is forever closed. Almost all those who knew of that plane are dead. Only five remain. Four are sworn to secrecy, and one is trapped in a mirror...

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Akim Kar'zad

Akim, seemingly having exhausted his supply of bravado for the moment, quickly jumps back a few feet to get out of the reach of the mace and daggers thirsting for his blood.

Instead he raises his arms and chants a few quick syllabies.

"Fear not my friends, the power of the arcane is with us, we cannot fail !"

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a 5-foot step away from cleric and akolyths and cast Good Hope, +2 to to-hit,saves,skill checks, ability checks and weapon damage for Akim and every ally within 100-something feet. Will last a couple of minutes.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Banned

Kizima

Kizima, now unfrozen, takes a quick assessment of the situation.

I can't get over there in time, I can't attack from here. Maybe I can distract them if...well, nothing vetured, nothing gained.

She steps forward and attempts to look as impressive as she can. She then starts speaking in a strange tongue, with a voice that sounds like it comes from a snake more than a woman.

"Das'thal, i'imatrinas! Siltharis ish'manas nol'thinas is! I'mass! I'mass, nol'iris as'alos!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Translated from halfling:

"Damn you, fools! Siltharis is displeased with you incompetence! Surrender! Surrender that your incompetence is not what kills you!"

And as for my Bluff roll...I can't get to my profile, bit it should be something like +8 or +9 with the bonus.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

The two acolytes spin around to look at Kizima.
    She speaks the sacred language, your holiness! shouts one, shocked.
    The priest snarls, and lashes out at Livina with his large mace. It's a trick, he snarls, as he swings his mace around again, smashing Livina in the face.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Livina collapses unconscious on the ground, but she doesn't seem to be bleeding.
    Akim swings his mace at one of the Acolytes, smashing the man in the face, and knocking him staggering back. He then thrusts at the cultist's neck, smashing the man into the ground and crushing his windpipe. The man gives a gargled scream and then lies still.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Take that you leprous lizard loving loser !" Akim exclaims as he furiously assaults one of the acolytes.

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-09-28 at 01:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Krashnix swings his mace into the Priest's chest, the metal somehow bursting into flames as it travels through the air. The Priest grunts, and then Krashnix smashes his mace into the man's head on the backswing. The Priest staggers, the side of his face a bloody, scorched mess, but he still stands.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Banned

Kizima

"Il'sith asar? Il'sith asar? Is vitanok sayla Syra, Fos'nakas, i dastanos imasria! I aia ka'ishan!"

Now Kizima takes bold steps forward, with a mad gleam in her eye and a hideous grin.

Spoiler
    Show
    "A trick? A trick?. I know of the book of Syra, the Many Faced, which dwells in your midst! This is my vengeance!"

Bluff - (1d20+6)[20]
    And, what the hey, Spot - (1d20+10)[23]

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

The remaining female Acolyte steps back, looking terrified. I heard a rumour that book was here, I didn't think it was true!The cleric snarls. Stupid woman, it isn't, it's just a rumour that got started to discredit someone.
    He turns to Kizima, lowering his mace and raising his other hand to show he isn't planning more violence. Look, I don't know what you've heard, but I can assure you there's no book of Syra here. Perhaps you could explain what you're doing with a man who's obviously a priest of Isana? he replies, nodding towards Krashnix.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-09-25 at 03:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Akim was just about to swing his staff at the other cultist but, strangely, hesistated when he realized that she is a female.

Then the fighting breaks up and Akim needs a moment to gather his wits but then decides to pick up the ball.. so to speak.

He lowers his staff, chuckles dryly and turns to adress the head priest.

"My dear friend.. you do not quite understand the situation you are in, do you... You do not believe that a Book of Syra is anywhere in these halls devoted to Silarthis, since you would undoubtedly sensed the presence of such an artifact."

His face turns into a sinister smile as he continues. "However... even a mere copy of one of those books is an affront to Silarthis and undetectable for you."

He takes a step towards the priest, hoping the others play along.
    "For a seer of Silarthis, however, this is but a minor feat. So this choosen one over there" he gestures at Kizima "Was tasked with removing the taint from these halls. And what better way to do that, then to enlist some help. Isana and Silarthis aren't exactly friends and a warrior of Isana would love to eradicate a .." Akim shoots a glance at Sir Krashnix for a moment "What do you call it ? A nest of the serpent ?
    So either you prove your worth by surviving this fight, and also getting rid of one of Isana's choosen, or you get wiped out like the stain you are. As far as Silarthis is concerned, it's a win-win.
    "

He closes the distance to the priest. "So... remember Silarthis virtues and think fast now...."

Lycar

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Akim steps towards the Cleric, who gives a slight grin. Virtues of Silarthis? Very well! Asar il'shren Silarthis isheth!

The words he speaks are strange, but Kizima understands them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silarthis, inflict sacred agony on my foes!

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

You are suddenly all wracked by crippling pain. Akim and the Acolyte collapse screaming and writhing on the floor. Kizima and Krashnix manage to keep their feet, and grit their teeth against the pain. With a roar, Krashnix steps forward, swinging his mace into the Cleric's body, causing the man to hunch over, and then he swings it back again, crushing the cleric's head to a pulp. The magled body falls twitching to the floor, and suddenly the pain vanishes. The female Acolyte stumbles to her feet, takes one look at her former superior, and then spins around towards the exit.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Akim just sits out this round, crumpled to the ground in agony, although he manages to a few words between painfuls gasps for air.

"What a fu**ing IDIOT !"

He probably meant the cleric.

Probably.

Lycar

25. - Top - End - #445
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Krashnix

Krashnix kicks the body of the deceased cleric.

Damned serpent scum. They deserve everything that comes to them.

Seeing Livina still unconscious on the floor he walks over to her and utters a spell. Blue flames extend from his palms and cover her body, slowly healing her wounds.

Spoiler
    Show

casting Vigor which gives Livina fast healing 2 for 18 rounds, effectively healing her 36hp

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Banned

Kizima

"Urgh...oh no you don't!"

Kizima darts after the remaining acolyte and desperately attempts to grab onto and hold the larger woman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple Touch Attack - (1d20+1)[13]

Well none of you were getting her!

Oh, and if she's within 10 feet, I'll Tumble - (1d20+16)[23] to avoid the AoO, because if she has a good BAB, or rolls a natural 20, she might actually hit me! Can't have that. If she's not within 10 feet, I have no choice but to trust my luck.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Kizima charges the fleeing woman and grabs her robe. The woman screams and tries desperately to tug it away from Kizima. She's obviously panicking, but even her frenzied fear lacks the strength to tear herself from Kizima's tenacious grip.
    She puts her arms in the air, and shouts Please don't kill me!
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-09-27 at 09:40 AM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    The Mokai acrobat whimpers from the floor as she regains consciousness. As the healing magic begins its work, however, she brings herself up to her knees and looks around, dazed.
    "Oh, we won. Good...thanks Dra- I mean Krashnix." She shakes her head as if to clear it of fluff.
    Her eye is caught by the still-bound sacrifice.
    "Um, shouldn't we free her?"

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Akim finally manages to get to his feet again. He takes a deep breath and then runs over to where Kizima is struggling with the female cultist.

"What is wrong with you people, do you hate your life so much you'd rather die at our hands then just talk !?"

Lycar

30. - Top - End - #450
    Banned

Kizima

Through grunts signifying that she is still having trouble with the struggling cultist, Kizima begins yelling at Akim.

"Would you just shut your filthy-blooded mouth?! I already have a good mind to cut out your tongue later so that more might not be harmed by your idiocy! Don't tempt me further! And I'm sure if you quit scaring her, our new friend might just stop to answer some questions so that you don't have to jump to any more absurd conclusions!"
    Last edited by Brickwall; 2007-09-27 at 12:49 PM.