New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1155
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Age of Ruin IC: When all your friends are dead

Lucidae

"For the safety of the universe and our transport in particular this exact situation I think Rego Vel should no longer live, but you all seem far too shocked for this to be a wise action in regards to my own self preservation." Lucci never starts her casting.

"Fools." she says quietly, envisaging different possible futures and their varying likelihoods.
    "I suppose we just unwisely walk down that corridor then. With no other plan than to be stronger than them like Rego assumed we would be in comparison with the tower." Misallo recasts shield and starts walking down the corridor, but slowly, waiting for the others to overtake her and put her in the middle of the marching order.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-19 at 04:39 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tharok was a little concerned about the woman's waste of magic to remove the mule when he could have done it easily, and after becoming a little confused by most of Lucci's words, perks up a little. He had been confused as to who the leader of this little band was, and now it was clear.

"Ah, the leader has gone first. She shows a fine example to the rest of us and we should follow."

He moves down the corridor and starts marching directly behind Lucidae
    Homebrew Stuff:
    Mynithal Beetle: Entry in the Vorpal Tribbles Creepy Crawlies contest (OZZY, DONT LOOK!)
    The Tower of Tymathial the Effigist: Construct filled dungeon that may confuse your players
    The Isle of Lausie: The Land Down-Over (Winner of Funniest Entry in the Isle of X Design Contest)
    Cahlail: Homebrew campaign setting

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

Leader! shouts Krashnix in rage. This crazy Elf just killed our mule for no reason, and thinks we should murder Rego as well! By Isana, she's no leader of mine... suddenly, he stops and looks around. Hey, what was that? Did any of you feel a kind of pressure on your mind?
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2008-03-19 at 09:10 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orin

"... depends. If you mean that headache i'm getting from trying to decide whether i should try to get the hell away from the insane aelfin, before she decides i'll be more helpful to the party dead then alive, or trying my darndest to sweettalk you into not killing her because, damn, did she take care of that golem like it was nothing or not?"

"Maybe you should specify what kind of pressure we are talking about here ?"

Orin still is quite shocked and somewhat weary from Lucidae's casual and callous display of indifference to other's lives.

If she was going to slay a beast of burden, which they could have used really well about now on a whim, what would she do if it the thought strikes her, that she could make do without any of her other 'companions' ?

(... maybe i shouldn't have turned down the opportunity to train those 'basic sentry removal techniques'...)

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2008-03-19 at 09:23 PM.
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    At first, the Mokai looked puzzled as Lucci had begun her speeches. Any retort she would have made, however, was quickly silenced by the braying death of the mule and the thud of its heavily-laden corpse hitting the ground.

Livina stays deathly quiet, one fist clenched, the other held lightly flat against her hip. She stands with one leg bent, watching the Aelf carefully.
    After a moment, she glances sidelong at Orin and Krashnix, her face anxiously inquiring something...
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

6. - Top - End - #1116

"I could still teleport us if you give us directions thus giving meaning to the mule's death." she calls back to the others, smiling confidently and wryly at Tharok.

"The pressure on our good priests mind is simple that of our enemies scrying our positions so they can utilize their firepower in a concentrated and efficient manner to wipe out our highly lethal and efficient yet vulnerable squad."
    "Or something similar."
    "But by all means! Do not listen to someone older than the rest of you combined."

"Stick close to me Tharok." she whispers.
    "When we are hit by a likely superior force if the situation turns desperate I can evacuate us." Lucci recasts Eagle's splendor, bringing her buffs to the max.
    "Do not worry yourself of my supply of magic, for I have plenty."

"Any ideas or alternatives to what your leader thinks is inefficiently dangerous, walking down that corridor?" she asks the warrior.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-20 at 07:41 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    Livina shudders, looking from the calm, yet somewhat crazed expression of the Aelf to the others' countenances.
    Right, screw this.
    Her own expression hardens into one of determination, and abruptly the lithe Mokai springs off into a sprint, dodging around ruined architecture as she heads in a Westerly direction.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

There was something moving out there, says Krashix pointing to one of the ruined Illithid buildings. None of the rest of you can see anything though.
    He turns around, seeing Livina running off through the buildings to the west. Wait, you don't know what's out there!

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

Krashnix blinks. He puts Rego's unconscious body carefully on the grass.
    This is all your fault Lucci, he says tonelessly. Damn you. He looks up, a blank look on his eyes, and draws his mace. Now you die!

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orin looks between Krashnix and the duo of Lucidae and Tharok and also notes that Livina is apparently running away.

(... just great. Oh well, it's easy to be a hero when things go your way. Right, need to keep Krashnix alive, he's the ticket to the temple of Isana. If he wants to kill the aelfin ***** for killing the mule... hrm, i'd rather they would postpone that until after we got to safety. Dammit! I can't carry Krashnix corpse and enough platin or loot to pay for a ressurrection.. i need to keep them all alive somehow. Think dammit, think... better keep close to the maniac for now.)

Keeping the cleric in good view, Orin resolves to keep close to him to prevent him from doing anything detrimental.

Lycar

11. - Top - End - #1121

"I think he is under some sort of domination spell by his flat voice and look." Lucci states blankly to the others and Tharok in particular. "Note that he mentioned spotting something, likely a hostile, noble warrior Tharok. Lucci says as she hurriedly prepares dimension dooring out towards the enemy site with Tharok, her hand lingering towards his wrist, but not fast enough to get away from the priest's wrath.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-22 at 02:25 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Krashnix throws his hands up at the sky. Great Isana, smite this woman with your fiery anger!
    A column of fire shoots down from the sky and explodes between Lucci and Tharok.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2008-03-22 at 05:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orin

Orin is somewhat taken aback by Krashnix display of divine wrath. And if he can do more of this, he can decimate the entire party...

(Ugh, maybe i can talk him out of this ...)

"Sir Krashnix! You are not yourself! As much as i can understand your desire to smite the aelfin for killing the mule, do not fall victim to the voice of our enemy! Do not allow your will to be subjugated by the vile servants of Silarthis! Snap out of it! Smite the snake-lovers instead!"

Lycar

14. - Top - End - #1124

Lucci rolls away from the blast with the graceful reflexes of one used to explosions, avoiding the worst of it. She rises ~~Hah~ Humans eat mules all the time.. She thinks with a look at her despicable Akim. Reaching for Tharok's willing arm she casts 'dimension door' to reppear with him at flambee distance of the Illithid structure Krashnix pointed out a stranger skulked into before his domination.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-24 at 09:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    For her own part, Livina ducks as the explosion of fire goes off, falling briefly to her hands and knees among the rubble.
    Gotta get out of here before the madness gets all of us. Keep moving, girl, keep moving!
    With this frantic silent mantra in her head, Livina rises to her feet and continues her flight westward, away from the ruins.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucci grabs Tharok's hand, shouts the words of a spell, and the two of them vanish in a swirl of green light.
    They reappear away to the other side of where Krashnix was pointing, far enough that they must be well past where the strange thing is, and out of sight of Krashnix and Orin, but well within range for Lucci to blast that area with her fireballs, which can shoot nearly 800 foot after all. They cannot however, see whatever Krashnix was pointing at, just that area of ruins, which appears to be ruined.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

Orin feels a pressure on his mind, but then it fades off. Krashnix looks around, shaking his head. Thanks, Orin. Something took control of me... it's telepathic, that's how it communicated with me. It wants to split us up, or make us fight each other.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orin

Orin keeps up talking to Krashnix, hopefully taking his mind of whatever the tiny little voice inside his head tries to tell him to do.

"I'm afraid they managed to do that. Listen, you need to stick close to me or i can no longer shield you from the spell you are under. Now focus! You said you saw something move before you felt that pressure on your mind and tried to flame-broil the aelfin. Lead us there, we must take care of who or whatever is out there before your dominator regains control again!"

Orin himself doesn't see anything suspicious, try as he might (and he tried hard indeed).

Lycar

19. - Top - End - #1129

Lucidae

"Press the offensive Tharok. I will follow." the magess orders the melee warrior to take the lead.
    Lucci follows him for thirty feet then tosses her fireball into the ruins as far as she can, aiming for any blind spot close to the center. She signals with a wave for Orin and Krashnix to make a wide flanking maneuver from their direction.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-29 at 09:29 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

The bead of fire shoots out from Lucci's hand and explodes in the section of ruins. Tharok charges in to it, and skids to a halt in the middle, looking around. There's no one here!

To the north-west, Krashnix and Orin hear the explosion. They can just about see Lucci, about 200 foot away, gesturing to them to move toward the ruins where the fireball exploded.
    Let's hunt down that creature, it was near where Lucci fireballed, says Krashnix to Orin.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orin

"Right behind you, Sir Krashnix. Remember to stay close to me. And now let us move out to crush who or whatever it is that tries to subjugate us! Let us go forth, but not too hastily, let us show him our contempt for his futile attempts to defeat us!"

True to his word, Orin moves along with Krashnix, staying close to him and continueing his efforts at keeping any foreign influence away from Krashnix.

Except his own of course.

Lycar

22. - Top - End - #1132

Lucidae

"Look carefully, our enemy should be close, perhaps in hiding, or is possibly invisible now. I will go strengthen our position." Lucci yells to Tharok, then casts Dimension Door for herself to go as far as possible in the direction Livina ran as she can no longer draw an exact bead on where the Mokai is.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-31 at 04:02 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucci vanishes in a swirl of light.

Meanwhile, Orin suddenly feels something blast at his mind. He staggers, unable to do anything at all, stunned.

Lucci reappears to the west. She can see Livina about 30 foot ahead of her through the ruins, still running.

Tharok looks through the section of ruins. I can't find anything!

Orin sees:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With Orin no longer talking, Krashnix suddenly goes blank again. He turns towards where Lucci was, and starts running towards there.
    As soon as he goes, a creature runs out of the ruins. A tall, slim, humanoid shape, wearing a heavy black robe that completely covers it. Only a couple of thin purple tentacles hang out from its cowl. It runs up to Rego's unconscious body, and four tentacles whip out and attach themselves to the scholar's head.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    Livina gives a short shriek and abruptly swivels, crouching down into a sprinter's stance.
    Her voice wavers only a little though, as she says
    "You stay away from me! I swear, you try and do anything, and I'll feed you your own pointy ears!"
    The Mokai raises her fists, one held straight, Like a knife's edge, but she keeps her gaze below Lucci's eyes.
    I can't believe I'm about to try and fight an Aelfinn...at least if I live through this, I'll never have to listen to Nummond tell his stupid Owlbear story again.
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2008-03-31 at 09:21 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1135

Lucidae
    "You foolish coward woman. Your friends are dying!" Lucci points back at the Illithid and notices Krashnix going for her.
    She quickly runs toward the Mokai and attempts to touch her so she can teleport her back to Akim, Rego and the mindflayer.
    "Come with me." she begs. "A single helpless elf out of magic can not do this alone with Tharok and the librarian."
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-04-02 at 07:14 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucci tries to grab Livina to teleport back, but misses.

Orin stands, unable to react, as the Illithid extracts Rego's brain in a bloody mess.
    Krashnix runs back to Orin and the Illithid, looking around blank-faced. I can't find the sorceress, he intones.
    With a berserk cry, Tharok hurtles out of the ruins, and swings his axe at the Illithid's head.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

Tharok's axe cuts deeply into the Mind Flayer's squid-like flesh, and it screams like something not of this world. It vanishes.
    And appears about ten foot to the left of Lucci.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2008-04-05 at 08:26 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    As the elf lunges forward, Livina steps deftly to the side, surprise showing in her face.
    The hell? You fight like a drunk.
    Mulling over the elf's latent clumsiness, the squidlike Illithid comes as a nasty shock. Sinking one boot deep into the turf, Livina springs forward, tumbling low until she stands opposite Lucci, hemming the creature in. Rising quickly out of her somersault, Livina swings her leg up and around, driving her heel with terrible force towards the Illithid's Neck!
    Spoiler
    Show

Stunning Fist attack.
    Attack - (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage - (1d10+3)[4]
    On hit, FORT DC 17 or stunned for one round.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

Krashnix starts running away from Orin, Tharok and the dead Rego, towards the east. Tharok, shouting in his own language, runs after him.
    Livina's foot only clips the Illithid's head, jarring it slightly, but doing little. The Illithid steps back slightly, and waves its tentacles at the two women. A wave of psychic energy batters at their minds.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Lucidae
    As the wave of energy washes over Lucci, she keels over blankly.