New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Age of Ruin IC: When all your friends are dead

The two burly Qusans swing their short swords at the running man, but he's going too fast, and they only do flesh wounds. He pelts down the alley.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Kizima steps back out of the door, and in one swift move, throws her rapier to her left hand, draws her mace and lobs it. It bashes off the man's shoulder, eliciting a yelp of pain, but he keeps going. The whip flies out of the room and after him, but he ducks its lashing coils.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Livina
    Naked, upside-down and bleeding, Livina squeezes her eyes shut against the tears as everyone leaves the dank cellar where she is bound. Unaware of Akim's prescence, she can only struggle to retain consciousness as the blood continues to rush to her head. Everyone else seems to abandon her to pursue the man with the knife.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Rhebin

"Livina...honestly. What could be taking so long?...I really do need to learn how to scry one of these days," Rhebin says, twiddling his thumbs beside the corpses of Ismal and Draven.

"As always, it falls to me then," Aidan claims, jumping from his master's head and standing before him, expectantly. Rhebin waves his hand across the Psuedodragon, incanting a few swift spells. At the conclusion, the tiny dragon disappears from sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aidan's been Hasted for 9 rounds, Invisibilatied for 9 minutes, and, because Rhebin is a total paranoid freako, Protection from Arrows for 9 hours.

He's looking for Livina, flying over as best he can at 90 feet per round for 9 rounds, then 60 afterwards. Checks, as I'm not sure what's needed

Spot: (1d20+9)[11]
    Search: (1d20+6)[24]
    Survival (to follow any tracks there may be, because apparently Psuedodragons are passing fair at it): (1d20+4)[16]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Stepping out of the door, Krashnix shouts some incomprehensible words, and the running man jerks and stops. The two guards pelt after him, and one stabs him in the back. The other's blow scrapes off some sort of invisible force.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

The whip hurtles after the scarred man, and wraps itself around him.

Back by the ruins of the tavern, the old wizard wonders up to Rhebin.
    I hope I'm not being rude, but I was just wandering where you acquired that fascinating creature, he says pointing to Aiden.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing that the man is frozen, the guards drop their swords and whip out their coshes. They smash the scarred man on the back of the head, and he collapses unconscious on the ground.

Akim continues to concentrate on the room, but sees no magical auras that could be coming from a person. Looking around, he sees a box, with auras coming from inside it.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    Finally, Livina can retain consciousness no longer, and her vision darkens to black.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Scanning for potential hostile magic auras and finding none, Akim breathes a sigh of relief.

Noticing that the tied-up woman lost consciousnes, he frowns and ponders a few moments. Then, with a shrug he goes about to search the body of the fallen mage for a potion of healing or anything sharp to cut her from the ropes binding her.

Lycar

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

The mage carries, besides his robe, an indecipherable book, a pouch of odd nick-nacks, probably spell components, and a dagger.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Krashnix

Krashnix walk over to the upsidedown and unconsious Livina, draws his dagger and cuts her down, easing her to the floor. Once she is safely down he mutters some more incomprehensible words and touches her on the forehead. Immediately she stops bleeding and her wounds start to heal slowly.
    Writer and DM for The Mine Children, an actual play podcast set in the dark world of Demipia. Listen to us here: https://demipia.podbean.com/

Spoiler
    Show
    Trapped forever in within a plane of forest and mist, the evil fey king Parsa rests to contemplate his fate. The portal to that domain is forever closed. Almost all those who knew of that plane are dead. Only five remain. Four are sworn to secrecy, and one is trapped in a mirror...

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    Livina's groans, and then her brown eyes open. She blinks a few times in confusion, apparently puzzled as to why there is a red-haired man leaning over her, but then she winces as recent events catch up. With a slight whimper, she turns onto her side on the dirty stone floor and curls up into a fetal position, wrapping her arms around herself.
    "Th-thanks," she says, indistinctly. "Can you...find me some clothes, please?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

The dead wizard is wearing some nice robes, but they'd be rather big for Livina. There is a box at the side of the cellar, and a few crates of wine bottles.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The still invisible Akim picks up the late mages dagger, but upon realizung that the woman is already being helped out of her bonds by the knight named Krashnix, he just holds on to it for the time being.

He marvels at Krashnix healing Lavinia.

"You can heal ? Then you are truly touched by the powers of the gods ! It is a rare gift indeed in these times."

Adressing the now conscious Lavinia he adds "I believe you will find your posession in that chest over there. At least it does radiate magic."

"Does any of you need assistance ? Else i would rather see if they managed to capture the assailant."

Lycar

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    Livina makes no move to get up, but continues to hug her own knees.
    "Could...Could someone get them for me, please?"
    Livina says, still in a very small voice.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Krashnix

Yes of course

Krashnix walks over to the chest Akim indicated, removes all the items of clothing and equipment he finds, takes it back over to Livina and places them over her.

Then looking up at Akim

My powers are nothing special for those that believe. Faith in Isana allows me to do wonderous things. Despite what you may have heard, we do not solely burn things.
    Writer and DM for The Mine Children, an actual play podcast set in the dark world of Demipia. Listen to us here: https://demipia.podbean.com/

Spoiler
    Show
    Trapped forever in within a plane of forest and mist, the evil fey king Parsa rests to contemplate his fate. The portal to that domain is forever closed. Almost all those who knew of that plane are dead. Only five remain. Four are sworn to secrecy, and one is trapped in a mirror...

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"It would appear you have everything under control here."

Sill invisible and maintaining concentration on the Detect Magic, Akim leaves the cellar to take a little look-see at the situation outside.

Lycar

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    As if in a trance, Livina draws herself into a sitting position and begins donning a dull green shirt and tan breeches, pulling the cloth quickly over her smooth brown skin. Almost automatically, she clasps two small brass bracers around her wrists and draws up her knees once more, now examining her feet. rubbing away some of the dried blood, Livina stares at the now-healed patch of skin where once there was a toe for a moment, and then slowly draws on her tall doeskin boots. After gathering up the rest of her gear and hoisting her pack, Livina slowly draws herself to her feet and wobbles a little as she tries to get the measure of her own balance now.

Finally, she lifts her head, meeting Krashnix's gaze for only a brief moment.
    "You were in the Cauldron, right?" she says, quietly, and droops her head. "Thank you. I..." she rolls her shoulders and pulls back her now grimy hair into a ponytail, tying it with a blue ribbon. She hesitates, "Thank you. I'm ready to leave, now."
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-06-22 at 06:34 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the guards is tying up the unconscious scarred man, who is also entwined by Kizima's whip. The other walks back towards the door into the room Krashnix and Livina are in. Akim dodges out of his way as he walks in.
    Syra's scrotum! he swears, looking in horror at his former boss, quite dead on the floor.
    Looking around outside, Akim sees the vague forms of magic at the end of the alley. Focusing, he sees that the magic is emanating from the unconscious man, and that it is illusory in nature.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Livina
    Looking a little skittish, Livina peers at the guards. "I'm sorry he's dead...but did you catch him?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, nods the guard, my mate's tying him up right now. He walks over to the wizard, and carefully arranges him in a more dignified position.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Livina
    Something seems to be weighing on her mind.
    "What's the penalty in Qusa for killing a wizard, kidnapping someone, beating them unconscious and torturing them?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

He looks at you shocked. He tortured you? That's awful! Do you want me to take you to see a Mokai priest?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Livina
    Livina hunches her shoulders and shakes her head.
    "I'll be all right..." She looks at Krashnix with almost a smile on her face "I just... need to get out of this cellar." Still favoring her right foot noticeably, Livina stumbles up the steps and out into the alley.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

The guard follows Livina out. Well don't worry miss, we'll make sure this sick bastard gets what he deserves.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Livina Lightfoot
    Breathing deeply the fetid cocktail of scents in the alleyway, the young Mokai nods her head, absently, and looks around. She freezes stock-still as she spies the unconscious form of the bearded man sprawled on the ground. Her expression is nearly impossible to read.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

He's well tied up, says the other guard. I'll carry him back, if you carry the boss's body.
    The other one nods, and turns to Krashnix. Could you give me a hand?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Livina
    Livina walks slowly to where the bearded man lay and stared at him for a further moment. Then, with unladylike speed and precision, she draws her left foot back and kicks him squarely in the nethers, careful to make the blow a non-lethal one.
    "Have that to remember me by, you bastard," she almost whispers.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

He grunts softly, but remains unconscious.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

As Livina's boot connects with his flesh, Livina realises it doesn't quite feel right, she aimed to kick him in the family jewels, but that feels like a stomach, as if he's shorter... a veil seems to open in her mind, and she sees that actually it is Orin Stillwater, in his black robe-like uniform. The others don't seem to have noticed.