New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Quotes you can build a character off of III: It's a crowd

Spoiler: Ranger who is far too into his job
    Show
    You are not meant to exist in this world. It is my duty to bring an end to you, and I mean to fulfill that duty!
    Haku-Men

Spoiler: Bard or Swordsage
    Show
    The stage on which the best soldiers are gathered... I wish to dance on such a stage! Such is my wish!
    Amane Nishiki

Spoiler: Evil Druid?
    Show
    Entertain me more! My thirst is only satiated by my fangs! This seems like the ultimate feeding ground!
    Azrael

Spoiler: Any BBEG
    Show
    This world is nothing but lies lies lies lies lies LIES! But don't worry. I'll show you... I'll show you the truth...
    Yuuki Terumi

I'd like to hear this said by an Evil Archivist who went mad from the revelations

And pretty much anything Kamina(TTGL) ever said for a Dragon Fire Inspiration Bard, focussing on Perform(Oratory)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

"The last thing I want to do is kill you. I'll get around to that after all the other things I want to do to you."
    Order of the Stick Avatar done by the talented Kymme.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    The Half-Hamster template gives me advantageous size and ability score bonuses, and combos well with my inherited Elderberry Radiance (Ex). Which is more than I can say for you, you class-dipping CL-losing Evoker!
    I was eating THOSE BEANS!!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"And that, is why you can't play a Succubus."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

No captain can do very wrong who brings his ship alongside that of the enemy and attacks.
    -Horatio Nelson

If I were surrounded withe the krauts on one side and the Russkies on the other, I'd attack in both directions
    -George S. Patton

When lacking for orders, go to the enemy and find something to kill.
    -Erwin Rommel

That which does not kill me, had better start running.
    -anonymous

Hahaha, hahaha, haha, haha, hahaha
    -Mandark

It's you and me against the world, we attack at dawn
    -Mandy

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

"We struggle not with flesh and blood, but with rulers, with powers, with principalities of this dark world, against spiritual wickedness in high places"

This is pretty much my definition of a paladin
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

"Impossible is just a word that people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."
    -Vyse, Skies of Arcadia
    (A personal favorite of mine, and probably for a good number of PCs, probably the martial ones.)

"I beat the crap outta people. More than I have to. Some are still in the hospital...If I go to a resturant and the food is bad, I make it a policy to stiff them with the bill. But...even a bastard like me...can spot true evil when he sees it!"
    -Jotaro Kujo, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Part 3
    (About any character that doesn't qualify as "Chaotic Nice")
    (This will probably result in an avalanche of Jojo quotes)

"Do you mind? I'm trying to resolve the incident."
    -Reimu Hakurei, Fantasy Maiden Wars I
    (Sometimes Good goes off the deep end...)
    : THA TREES BE ATTACKIN'!! RUN FER YER LIVES!!!!
    : Ah, I see you have already grasped the core principles of my theory.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

I am posting a lot of quotes for good-aligned characters lately

"Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave."—The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder

I liked this one so much, it's in my signature
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Damn you all. You there are imbeciles plain and simple. You are unfit to poor piss from a boot with instructions written on the heel and half of this is your fault. You guys on the other hand and too smart for your own damn good and caused the rest of the problem. You all have treated me with nothing but distrust and hatred since you met me, despite the fact that I have done nothing but lay my own life on the line time and time again to protect you all from the creatures in the dark and the consequences of your own horrid and stupid actions. Now you've gone and done it and a Giant Monster is coming to kill us all, and once again you expect me to drop everything and go fix your problems. You are all self obsessive, psychotic, murderous freaks. And Now you've managed to attract an attacker that even I probably can't save you from. I want to tell you all to take your monster problem and shove it. (long sigh). But I've got a monster to go fight, so while I head off to buy time I want you all to evacuate, I can probably buy you all a quarter of an hour. Just remember this if I don't come back. I hate each and every one of you with a burning passion."

-Sir John Falkirk (a character I played in a tabletop)

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

"While evil flourishes and wrongs grow rank, while men are persecuted and women wronged, while weak things, human or animal, are maltreated, there is no rest for me beneath the skies, nor peace at any board or bed. Farewell!"
    — Solomon Kane, The Blue Flame of Vengeance

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eru001 View Post
    Sir John Falkirk (a character I played in a tabletop)
    Is this guy a paladin? Even if it wasn't his class, yeah I think he was.

Spoiler: I need you to find your work ethic, dust it of and do this job like it matters.
    Show
    -Greasy Space Monkeys

Just a lazy worker might work for an NPC, but I sort of like the idea of someone who have been through so much that the just don't care anymore, but being forced to care again because something that matters came up. Sort of like a variant of the "out of retirement" story except they were... technically working the whole time.
    Spoiler: An ode to all the fools, because that is why we call the heroes.
    Show
    This quote is quite simply for the ones who when forced to pick between what is smart and what is right will pick the right thing ever time.

The knights with there impractical codes of honour. The rebels who know they can't stay ahead of the law forever. The valiant sacrifice (hard to build a character off of that one). The one who just goes with their gut all the time, going on instincts and morals with out a lot of logic involved.
    Spoiler: "He'll be fine." "You just shot him!" "I've shot a lot of people, plenty of them are fine now."
    Show
    Some one with way too much experience shooting people. Also if we believe what they said than they have experience shooting people so they don't die. That's an unusual sort of thing to have a lot of experience in. ... A very hard yet kind gunslinger I suppose.
    Spoiler: "We're that stupid?!?" "Well, no point in beating ourselves up about it."
    Show
    -Sam & Fuzzy

...Half the adventures ever. Or at least you got on person in each of these roles in about half the adventuring groups.

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    "I fight for the men I've held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breaths. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find a country full of strangers wearing familiar faces! I fight for my people, impoverished to pay the debts of an Empire too weak to rule them, yet brands them criminals for wanting to rule themselves! I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing! I fight... because I must."
    —Ulfric Stormcloak, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

any good-aligned fighter
    I don't know why this one, but this one when I saw the little one line description I just couldn't help but think, "but there is so much more you can do with this."

Yes there is the fighter, but not just a fighter, a soldier that has fought at least one bloody war, a veteran both hardened and maybe just a little bit broken by all the fighting. Actually the soldier part is the more important than how the fight happens, could also be an archer or, given that s/he has had time to stop for the dying, maybe a combat doctor of sorts (D&D Cleric?). Beyond there is the battle on the home front and the fight for freedom against the empire, which gives a definite chaotic slant to the whole story. Also doesn't really seem to be in it for "fun" anymore, few dreams of glory or riches, just a sort of resigned duty.

Also I just thought I would put this one out there, I would like to see what others make of it: "I have practiced over a dozen martial arts, with the closest thing to warrior monks history has ever seen. I have trained military strike forces and once held the title of the best fencer in the world, a title I handed off, it was not taken from me. ... Also I have a bazooka and I know how to uuussse itttttt."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cluedrew;
    I don't know why this one, but this one when I saw the little one line description I just couldn't help but think, "but there is so much more you can do with this."

Yes there is the fighter, but not just a fighter, a soldier that has fought at least one bloody war, a veteran both hardened and maybe just a little bit broken by all the fighting. Actually the soldier part is the more important than how the fight happens, could also be an archer or, given that s/he has had time to stop for the dying, maybe a combat doctor of sorts (D&D Cleric?). Beyond there is the battle on the home front and the fight for freedom against the empire, which gives a definite chaotic slant to the whole story. Also doesn't really seem to be in it for "fun" anymore, few dreams of glory or riches, just a sort of resigned duty.

Also I just thought I would put this one out there, I would like to see what others make of it: "I have practiced over a dozen martial arts, with the closest thing to warrior monks history has ever seen. I have trained military strike forces and once held the title of the best fencer in the world, a title I handed off, it was not taken from me. ... Also I have a bazooka and I know how to uuussse itttttt."
    Thanks for putting that out there, I never thought that you could take a quote of an already defined character defining himself and turning it into a whole new character. Thanks

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

"At the point in time when bullets can pass through the interdimensional walls, when firepower takes up the entirety and eternity of space and time all being stuck in a never ending life and death cycle as bullets recover and destroy their bodies in quick succession no one able to think about anything but the sheer force of the bullets rapidly flying literally everywhere in the materium turning the Warp itself into nothing but a sea of semi-automatic weaponry. Then there will be enough dakka.
    Or at least almost."

"I've forgotten more about fighting than you'll ever know."
    "Impressive! But did you remember more?"
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

"First and foremost, don't be this guy.(pictures are shown of various Monster Energy licensed and Black Checkered Vans clothes while scare chords play in the background)Like, please, for the love of Chin Chin, do not be this guy."

-Filthy Frank

I have no idea where to go with this

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for it is my shadow that is cast over the valley.

-unknown Special Forces Operator

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

"Light or darkness, between you and I all will be decided" -Ashram, Record of the Lodoss War

Probably a Neutral character who believes in predestination

"I don't understand you humans at all. But then, maybe that's what makes you so fascinating!" -Deedlit, Record of the Lodoss war

Yet another quote from the series, Probably a non-human character who is obsessed with the lore and culture of humans, as well as humans themselves (probably an elf, since the quote came from one)

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I'm not interested in what you are in the dark. Some people say that that's what makes a true hero but they are full of BS. It's not about doing the right thing when nobody will notice, it's about what you are in the light. Heroism is about what you do when everyone is watching. When the world is coming apart a the seems, and everyone looks to you for a solution, that's when we find out if you are a hero. Do you make the right call, do you carry it out, or do you freeze up and fail when everyone is counting on you. Nobody cares about all the candy bars you didn't swipe or all the old ladies you walked across the street. We don't need nice men here, we need the men who, when the walls are being overrun and something drastic must be done, will hold the line and not despair of the Republic. "

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

"I had to prove to myself that the Law could be proper and righteous and for the good of humankind. It was from that moment that I was destined to be a police officer."
    — Nicholas Angel, Hot Fuzz

This is a good one for a lawful good cop/guard/defender of a town, especially for one who is fighting against government corruption

18. - Top - End - #138

Imp

"And since you issued the challenge, sir, it is my prerogative to choose the weapons. I choose sawed-off shotguns at 10 paces."
    -Chesty Puller.
    Seems good for a character who goes overboard with everything. Maybe a barbarian.

"I'm long done being a hero."
    -?
    Seems good for a neutral or evil character who used to be good.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

"Run from the sandwich" -Heavy, Team Fortress 2

A good one for a really, really crazy guy

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

We few we happy few, we band of brothers, For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother, and gentlemen in England lain abed, shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap, while any speak, who fought with us, upon St Crispin's Day.
    -Shakespeare Henry V

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by eru001 View Post
    We few we happy few, we band of brothers, For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother, and gentlemen in England lain abed, shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap, while any speak, who fought with us, upon St Crispin's Day.
    -Shakespeare Henry V
    Always a good one, but I prefer the original:

Quote Originally Posted by King Richard III, as portrayed in Blackadder
    Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. Consign their parts most private to a Rutland tree!And gentlemen in London still abed shall think themselves accursed that they were not here, and hold their manhood cheap, while others speak of those who fought with us on Ralph the Liar's Day!
    And on the subject:

Quote Originally Posted by King Richard IV, ibid
    Let 'Blood, Blood, BLOOD!' be your motto! Slit their gizzards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Harry, ibid
    Now, I'm afraid that there's going to have to be a certain amount of... violence. But at least we know it's all in a good cause, don't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

"Ladies and Gentleman, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot, but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose" -Theodore Roosevelt

An awesome fighter with high CON, or since it was Teddy Roosevelt, I guess a ranger

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Better yet, a druid Wildshaped into a literal Bull Moose.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Colossus in the Playground

From a song I've been listening to recently:

"I'm bigger than my body
    Colder than this home
    I'm meaner than my demons
    And bigger than these bones."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    Better yet, a druid Wildshaped into a literal Bull Moose.
    Or a Bull Moose wildshaped into a Druid

26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground

Or just a Bull Moose.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to ensure the survival and the success of liberty.
    -John F Kennedy

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GorinichSerpant View Post
    Or just a Bull Moose...
    ... Druid. A Druid whose true form is a sapient Bull Moose.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

"Though you die, La Resistance lives on" -Gregory, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

30. - Top - End - #150
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    ... Druid. A Druid whose true form is a sapient Bull Moose.
    Or a barbarian, that would fit with the quote quite nicely.