New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Default Re: Erfworld 59 - Page 53

If the eyemancers are lagging, is it possible to double-, triple-, quadruple-post in an eyebook ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Speaking of New Units, other than Crap Golems, do we have any indication what the city is building (in unit terms) yet?

Has Sizemore been digging lots of tunnels, filling them up with Crap Golems, and then using his dirtomancy to obscure the entrances? Thus as the enemy passes, the Golems will burst out and attack from behind (I suppose Doom [and similiar games] like)

Of course, using his Dirtomancy, he could of hidden all the entrances to the tunnels that actually lead to the Keep, thus making the maze of passages, even more confusing, forcing the enemy to find the secret doors to get through.

We know that in Klog 5, parson was going to try and find out Klog 5

But so far, we don't know what.

Mind you to be fair, Parson hasn't spoken to Stanley, since he's been speaking to Misty

3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I sort of assumed they were churning out Gobwins, but I don't think it's ever been explicitly said. It could be that Sizemore's golems are the only thing being produced, since it's never explained how units pop.
    Nom Nom Nom

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

One thing I haven't seen asked...

What precisely is Stanley using those linked eyemancers for? Presumably it's not for the same purposes that Parson has just put them, or he wouldn't be getting beaten anywhere near as badly as he currently is.

Yet the implication is that Stanely considers them vitally important, even though they've obviously failed to bring him much in the way of a victory so far.

So, can anyone think of what other possible uses they could be being put to, other than maintaining a gaming table?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurnipKing View Post
    One thing I haven't seen asked...

What precisely is Stanley using those linked eyemancers for? Presumably it's not for the same purposes that Parson has just put them, or he wouldn't be getting beaten anywhere near as badly as he currently is.

Yet the implication is that Stanely considers them vitally important, even though they've obviously failed to bring him much in the way of a victory so far.

So, can anyone think of what other possible uses they could be being put to, other than maintaining a gaming table?
    Stanley has been using the setup for the same basic intel and 3C (command, control, communication) functions as Parson. In fact, we see two examples of Stanley using the Eyemancer setup (first, to detect, locate, and capture Jillian, second, to receive a report on his lost spidew squad).

Of course, the best tools in the world can only help so much when the wielder doesn't have a good strategy guiding his actions. I suspect that the war to date has been the opposite of what Parson just did -- Stanley's side scored some technical tactical victories, but because of poor overall strategy each "victory" actually made them a bit worse off overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Arturius View Post
    Comic's up! Finally understand what Wanda was so upset about before. I definately dig how Parson's the one confusing everyone instead of the other way around now.
    It suddenly occurred to me that Sizemore might come running up in a panic, fearing that Parson's talking to Misty might have somehow "crashed" the eyebooks and caused the connection to cut off after a burst of gibberish....
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-06-13 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added response without double-post

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

That last Dirt Golem on the right may be a Stink Spirit, from Spirited Away...

http://www.onlineghibli.com/spirited_away/char.php

(last character on page)

Thank you studio Ghibli.