New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout in the Playground: (Discussion and Interest Check)

I'm still here. Interested in Fuffle's Motor Town- I cooked up an idea at work for a ghoulish playboy who was on a luxury yacht when the bombs fell and his skin fell off. He spent the next few years sailing around, trying to avoid trouble and keep his boat repaired, upgraded it with parts from a Coast Guard vessel, and when things were settled enough for people to not kill each other over bottled water (well... Most places have) he used his boat to become a trader. The boat's probably powered by a fusion core, with sails as backup.

I don't know America very well, and the only river I can name is the Mississippi. So let's say said ghoul millionaire is still exploring, using trade as an excuse to go places, keep his boat repaired and so on; he's always loved sailing, hence why he had a luxury yacht with a decent cabin. Or maybe it was a speed boat... No, he lived there, or at least was able to live there, and cabins slow a boat down. I'll do some research, find out what's available.

Luxury yachts are far bigger than I imagined- I was picturing a little weekender-type boat with a minimum crew of one, motor engines and multiple rooms. The biggest are over a hundred metres long. Like the little ones on the river in Boston, but with more rooms.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

That sounds like a great idea! I really like it sounds cool. I wonder would he have lady ghouls on his yacht...

Anyways, Rater I know you are busy with school would you like me to control Jake till the Legion attack is over? IF not that is fine too.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Earl, I love your boat idea. And it is possible to sail from Detroit (what Motor City is based on) to the Mississippi River and down to the Gulf of Mexico. Or go the other way from Detroit and end up in the Atlantic by Newfoundland, Canada. I can detail the path for you if you want. And answer pretty much any other questions you might have about the Detroit area. And yes, there is a Coast Guard presence in the Great Lakes, so scavenging their boats for parts is very realistic. And with the Great Lakes being some of the largest lakes in the world, he'd have plenty of room to sail.

Also, I feel like mentioning that the vault locations and numbers I picked have meanings behind them. Vault 53 is located in the heart of downtown Detroit, right by the headquarters of GM. And 1953 is when the Chevy Corvette came out. Vault 64 is by the headquarters of Ford, and 1964 is when the Mustang was released. Vault 71 is by the headquarters of Chrysler. It was harder picking a number for that vault, because all of the premier years for their sports/muscle cars were already taken. So I picked 1971, the last year of the Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, I did not realize you put so much thought into them. I am honestly impressed. There is not a smiley appropriate for my awe.

5. - Top - End - #155

Oh, I have more in waiting.

Like the main base for the Hellions? Hell? That's an actual town about an hour drive west of Detroit. I've been there. They have a good ice cream store.

Also have a plan for a coliseum-like place on Zug Island, among the ruins of a steel mill. And a plot of sorts that kind of copies the Trojan War, since there are the cities of Troy and Sparta north of Detroit.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Well then I wonder who i could create to or some how shift to go to Motor city.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Then he's currently headed south, I think. His upgrades and modifications probably include some form of deck-gun for defence, as well as probably armour plating and repairs to the ship's hull, sails, cabins, engine and so on.

He will certainly invite nice-looking ghoulettes aboard. Maybe that's why he got it originally- to go partying across the east coast of the US and into Canada, with a different girl in every port.

He's had over two hundred years; he might not have started in the Great Lakes area. In fact, I'll say he certainly didn't. The Coast Guard vessels he's scavenged from could be anywhere between Florida and Canada. Or even beyond; maybe he's gone far enough south to see Mexico.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Then he's currently headed south, I think. His upgrades and modifications probably include some form of deck-gun for defence, as well as probably armour plating and repairs to the ship's hull, sails, cabins, engine and so on.

He will certainly invite nice-looking ghoulettes aboard. Maybe that's why he got it originally- to go partying across the east coast of the US and into Canada, with a different girl in every port.

He's had over two hundred years; he might not have started in the Great Lakes area. In fact, I'll say he certainly didn't. The Coast Guard vessels he's scavenged from could be anywhere between Florida and Canada. Or even beyond; maybe he's gone far enough south to see Mexico.
    If he follows the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico, he wouldn't be very far from either Mexico or Florida. Mexico would be slightly southwest, and Florida would be almost straight east.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

*This is me brain storming on how to get my characters to meet the ghoul. * And St. Johns is closer to the Mississippi and the Gulf of Mexico then many other Arizona places. It would be possible for them to travel that far Southeast.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

McCerebus I am tomorrow going to continue with those who have posted just so you know.

I am going to mention this hear. ****ING DEATHCLAWS man ****ING DEATHCLAWS.

Spoiler: context
    Show
    I was doing a recording for my next fallout 4 lets play. I was attacking a deathclaw. It was a close battle, about half way though he moved towards a truck. I started to shot the truck to make it blow up. right before it exploded the deathclaw literally lifted it and threw it at me. No joke. I have it recorded, I was scared for a moment. I had never seen that before.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2016-02-18 at 07:01 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Pokes all those not responding again.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm sort of getting ready for bed,so I'll reply in the morning.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Poke McCerebus once more.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Colossus in the Playground

I apologize for my extreme delay, but I'm not actually sure how to have Jake act.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks