New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Shouldn't we be in space by now?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheSavage View Post
    "As I understand it, "Sensei" is more than just a word for teacher. It is also an admission of respect. And you have taught me more than just flight and ki-blasts, whether you know it or not. Whether you intended to or not. And yes, I do insist. What if something happens? Your ability to draw trouble is rivaled only by your ability to be sarcastic."

Iris follows the androids CYBORGS in and sits down next to 22, pushing all thoughts of being a third wheel to the back of her mind.

Vodkana was going to be here too! I'm not intruding! I'm not!

While waiting for the holo-screens to work, Iris finds a point to quietly whisper to 22.

"Pst. What is this "anime", you and 23 like so much? What is this "Unlimited Fate Nights"? And yes, I am aware that you may have explained it to me before. I apologize, but I will not lie; if you did, I was most likely not listening."
    23 shrugs, if Iris wanted to refer to her with a term of respect like that and really felt that way, so be it. She must be doing something right, even if she couldn't exactly point to what it was.
    "Anime is like a tv show or cartoon, but done in a certain style that is incredibly awesome, flashy, and over-the-top that allows you really feel like your there and in the moment as well as better feel the emotions that the protagonists are feeling in a way! if you get what I mean? and Fate/Stay Night is basically an anime about a certain dark ritual set in modern times about seven people chosen as Masters to compete against each other for an artifact of incredible power and each given a super-magical spiritual warrior to fight for them called Servants, and the protagonist is this Shirou guy who is too selfless for his own good, and Unlimited Blade Works is a certain version of the anime, because apparently this has multiple paths/parallel universes or something, but this is the first time we even watched Fate/Stay Night anything so.....this'll be new for all of us! We only know stuff because the internet is basically a massive spoiler. For everything."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Anime is like a tv show or cartoon, but done in a certain style that is incredibly awesome, flashy, and over-the-top that allows you really feel like your there and in the moment as well as better feel the emotions that the protagonists are feeling in a way! if you get what I mean? and Fate/Stay Night is basically an anime about a certain dark ritual set in modern times about seven people chosen as Masters to compete against each other for an artifact of incredible power and each given a super-magical spiritual warrior to fight for them called Servants, and the protagonist is this Shirou guy who is too selfless for his own good, and Unlimited Blade Works is a certain version of the anime, because apparently this has multiple paths/parallel universes or something, but this is the first time we even watched Fate/Stay Night anything so.....this'll be new for all of us! We only know stuff because the internet is basically a massive spoiler. For everything."
    "...I understood maybe half of what you just said. Nevermind, I'll learn more if I experience it for myself, correct?"

Must be some reason those two keep going on and on about this stuff.
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2015-12-09 at 06:05 PM.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheSavage View Post
    "...I understood maybe half of what you just said. Nevermind, I'll learn more if I experience it for myself, correct?"

Must be some reason those two keep going on and on about this stuff.
    The particulars evade even this ones narration, but let us say in general that even the first episode seems to start off slow at first, there is sudden action and Shirou nearly dying against a guy with a spear, being healed, then the summoning of Saber who fight back with an invisible sword then halting Saber from killing a girl and some guy named Archer, and if you make it past the first episode you are pulled into some strange marathon mixing high action emulating what people in this group might consider relatively low-powered combat that still involves gravity- which is to say lots of property damage and at max a building is destroyed- drama between a guy named Shirou who seems to have no purpose in life aside from helping others and a girl who can't seem to decide whether she likes or dislikes him, Archer constantly calling Shirou an idealistic idiot and a sham, while all the other Masters and some Servants seem to be in some way jerks, idiots or cheating at the game, bringing to mind themes of power and what people will do to gain it to achieve their goals, with many negotiations between fights, side-switching, and new alliances being formed as goals change based on new information. The more you stay, the more the marathon seems to warp time itself, not exactly knowing how much time passes while you watch...

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

Artic flies up to the lookout, looking for Callins. He's fuming, to say the least.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

The Shenron

Callins could be found in the cockpit of the Shenron, as he is sending repair drones to fix not only the Lookout but also the Shenron after it took some minor damage from all the ruckus.

6. - Top - End - #66

Artic cursed Callins' ability to teleport as he was starting to become tired from flying around the world so frantically. He returned to the Shenron, again looking for wherever he could sense Callins.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: The Shenron is in the Lookout he is not running around or teleporting. I am simply not going to continue with Oxy or I as a player may get angry.

Callins does not look up from his console as he was working away on it.

Ah Artic good that you are hear. Can I have a moment of your time?

8. - Top - End - #68

Oxy blinks at Callins' departure, the takes the dragon balls from the bag and brings them together with the other four... Hr decides against summoning the dragon immediatly, but rather chooses to take the time to increase their power to his current power level.

After... Several hours of careful power increase, Oxy gets up, stretches his back, and heads off to find 23.

...Okay, I don't know who that blonde guy is, but I simultaneously hate him and want to see more of him.

23, when you have a moment?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Oxy blinks at Callins' departure, the takes the dragon balls from the bag and brings them together with the other four... Hr decides against summoning the dragon immediatly, but rather chooses to take the time to increase their power to his current power level.

After... Several hours of careful power increase, Oxy gets up, stretches his back, and heads off to find 23.

...Okay, I don't know who that blonde guy is, but I simultaneously hate him and want to see more of him.

23, when you have a moment?
    They basically finish the entire series.
    "Yea, Gilgamesh is one of those villains whom you know is bad, but you would love to see more of just to see how he deals with other situations. And very well. Shirou on the other hand, I'd rather never see again. He just seems so stupid."
    She walks into another room with Oxyribo, stretching with her eyes half-lidded.
    "Ok, shoot. I'm more relaxed now, so.....ready for anything."

10. - Top - End - #70

I'm planning to use the third wish to fix all of the stuff you destroyed, other than that fork and possibly the ship itself... Or maybe that should be the first or second wish, and Ryuichi's wish should be the third?

Do you have any qualms with this?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Ah Artic good that you are hear. Can I have a moment of your time?
    Artic was clearly angry, one hand clenched into a fist. Make it quick, i'm about to do something we'll both regret.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

You are about to try and hit me. I want to say that what I had prepared you for before hand was in case I went under one of my mood swings due to the minor effects I still am under and learning to control from the Half Life Virus. I did not tell you about my Bills plan, for I needed that fear from you. From many of you, however I needed contingencies ready in case I personally had failed. Afterall if none of you believed I was Lord Bills then how could I expect Spoon and Vodkana to not also believe it? Callins looked up from the console finally towards Artic.

Also two last quick things. First Que is upset with you that you had left him without saying a word, and if you still want to hit me I suggest we take this to the training room above. That way we don't damage any of the systems down here in the cockpit.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zoyl looks for the next rift and follows it to the lookout. Ry should that Zoyl was sitting on the lookout before he showed up and then stepped off the lookout. Sudden a second Zoyl who was a serpent again was behind him.

"You shouldn't be like that. For a lot more killing will be done before this quest the others are on is over. No what was sloppy was your willingness to show how fair you want a fight to be. Make the fight be fair, don't ask for it. You had more power yet you asked. That was sloppy. Because of that you failled to protect all those people."

Ryuichi sits silently for several seconds after Zoyl speaks; he then looks off into the distance, focusing on nothing in particular.

"Let's say we fight this war... Let's say millions die in this war. Does that mean it would be any less sad if someone were to be killed?

If say you, or Callins died would it be okay because it's a war?"

He shakes his head.

"do not be so unwise as to assume someone's worldview is wrong simply because it differs from your own; you'll make more enemies than friends that way."
    Make it count.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"I say these things because of what you are. You and I are more alike then you think." Zoyl said to Ry.
    "You understand in time. Death is natural just as is life. We need both in this world of our. "
    "War however changes the balance it is a warrior job to help resolve it and bring balance back. "

15. - Top - End - #75

Also two last quick things. First Que is upset with you that you had left him without saying a word, and if you still want to hit me I suggest we take this to the training room above. That way we don't damage any of the systems down here in the cockpit.
    Fair enough. Artic replies as walks towards the training room.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

I'm planning to use the third wish to fix all of the stuff you destroyed, other than that fork and possibly the ship itself... Or maybe that should be the first or second wish, and Ryuichi's wish should be the third?

Do you have any qualms with this?
    "My qualms are mostly with restoring the ship."
    She starts off.
    "I mean, even before we got her loose of Spoons control, she thanked me for destroying it. And since I conjured up decorations just like her ship for her room on the ship, and she thanked me for that and is now calling me "Sensei" along with Iris for some reason, I don't see any reason to remake her gilded cage, when I've already presented her a more reasonable alternative to it. Basically, my plan worked. Oxy, it worked. Why try to fix what ain't broken? Cause what I did, functions just fine. Sure Callins get some of the credit to, but I don't see the need to regress this."
    She then switched to more pragmatic matters.
    "Second, what would we do with another ship? We already have one, and sure it would be nice to have a second as backup, but we'd have to find a way to hide it, a way to keep it clean when not in use, a whole bunch of baggage that I don't think we would have time for, not as small as we are now. That and even if we did restore it, what useful information would be on it? What useful things would be in it? Spoon was a known liar, I doubt that he really got any actual artifact of power. That and we can't exactly trying to give back all the things in it to their rightful owners, we don't have time to trot across the galaxy on such an errand to who knows how many worlds.

Three: despite all my qualms though, its not really my decision to make. Whether Vodkana wants her ship back and everything with it, is her decision. Just as my lessons are something she has to choose whether he is willing to learn or not. If she thinks she can get back the ship and still learn from me, and she proves it? All the more power to her. So really, your asking the wrong person. If it were up to me, I wouldn't bring the ship back though. It might undo the progress I've made, thats a big might though, and who knows, she might be good even with the ship now that Spoon isn't influencing her. So....perhaps you should ask her?

The rest, I have no problems with, if peoples property other than Vodkana's got destroyed back there, by all means repair it. If your talking restoring all of her property OTHER than the ship....hm....thats an interesting path to consider. I'd leave that decision up to her as well. Its her stuff after all, and her choice of what path she wants to take in life."

17. - Top - End - #77

Everything but the ship and the fork Spoon was talking about, because the pieces weren't there when I checked on my city... On the off chance that he did have artifacts, they might be useful... Though if she doen'st want them we could wish them to be recreated in the possession of their rightful owners.

...I mean that though. If we don't have that then we're down a wish and need to come up with something practical and/or altruistic.

...Don't the arcosians have a ship?

[In the Ship]

As Artic and Callins head to the training room, they pass Ieez.

Callins, would it be alright if I moved the ship Artic and I came to earth in to the lookout? It'd probably be better to keep it here than in a cave in a mountain somewhere.

Meanwhile, Poka is eating pudding.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Everything but the ship and the fork Spoon was talking about, because the pieces weren't there when I checked on my city... On the off chance that he did have artifacts, they might be useful... Though if she doen'st want them we could wish them to be recreated in the possession of their rightful owners.

...I mean that though. If we don't have that then we're down a wish and need to come up with something practical and/or altruistic.

...Don't the arcosians have a ship?
    "Ok, then recreating all that is her decision then, not mine.

As for the practical/altruistic wish if she doesn't want the wish well... can we wish for better laws regarding civil rights? Its about renaissance times so....those concepts are the ones already flying about right now in intellectual circles, and would be among the most plausible of achievements that Earth could do on their own. If we could use the wish for even a push in the right direction, it might just be enough to improve the world significantly. These things are complex Oxy, and if we're both truly ageless or whatever, then we will have time to view the fruits of our decades, centuries down the line. Perhaps if we use the wish to make an event that inspires people to act on their own for the better....it'll get the ball rolling. Y'know, wish for a cause that leads to the effect we want, rather than the result we desire...

As for the Arcosians....really? huh, I thought they just crashed here in pods like Aspa and Iris. Oh well, guess we could keep it around if we ever see it, might come in handy for something."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I say these things because of what you are. You and I are more alike then you think." Zoyl said to Ry.
    "You understand in time. Death is natural just as is life. We need both in this world of our. "
    "War however changes the balance it is a warrior job to help resolve it and bring balance back. "
    Ryuichi half smiles thoughtfully.

"We may not be as different as I think, but we're not as similar as you say either."

He quickly floats up just enough to put his feet down and stand. He then looks to Zoyl.

"I'd like to think that those differences are our best hopes at being friends though."

He walks casually over to Oxy and 23
    Make it count.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana stared at the screen. "Its interesting! Even if its not about me! Nya!"
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2015-12-10 at 04:04 PM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Callins joined the two Arcosians in the training room.
    Of Course I can have the drones make a docking bay in the lookout for your ship tonight like how I have here for the Shenron. Callins then looked down at Artic. His hands behind his back ready for him.

Any time you are ready Artic.

Aspa meanwhile went over to Poka.

May I have some pudding with you?

Zoyl looked at the Lookout's mansion, then back to the edge. She was unsure what to do. So she decided. Zoyl slithered her way to the Shenron, and then up the couch where the others were watching their show. She rested along the back of the couch her head looking over Vodkana's shoulder, as she watch with them what was airing.

"Not everything has to be about you Princess."
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2015-12-10 at 09:27 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Iris stays mostly silent during the marathon, paying close attention to the show (although she hums along with the opening every episode). The triclops' reactions were characterised by heavy confusion as her illiteracy prevented her from reading the subtitles and she didn't want ask anyone to read for her. Although she did perk up during fight scenes and sequences that didn't rely on dialogue.

Iris sits silent in her seat and hoped no one asked her what she thought, seeing as though she had no idea what was going on about 99% of the time.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana blinked at Zoyl.
    "Well.. that what amaze me, nya!"

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Zoyl face is expressionless.
    "Your arrogance and foolishness knows no limit."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana mewed angered. "Have you just called me fool? Nya?! You worm!"

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Soul's tongue flicked out.

"***** cat."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"Nya! I....! I..... too tired too kill you right now. And who the nya are you anyway?!"
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2015-12-10 at 04:05 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Zoyl slide down to Vodkana's lap and coiled there. She then looked up to the cat woman, as her eyes seemed to express interest.

"Oh wouldn't you like to know sweet cheeks. "

29. - Top - End - #89

Any time you are ready Artic.
    Artic rears back and swings his fist at Callins' face.
    What the HFIL is wrong with you?! He shouts. You wanted to get Vodkana to realize she's been lied and manipulated by lying and manipulating her?! What were you thinking?! The fact that it worked out is so unbelievably well it's almost lucky, i'm HONESTLY surprised Vodkana doesn't just absolutely hate your guts right now!

Just what to do you think happens if the REAL Lord Beerus somehow finds out the God of Backwater Earth impersonated him?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: Is Artic in his power armor?

Callins dodged the attack with ease, as he focused on Artic.

I was not Lying to her as I told her. However with Spoon around she would not have truly listened to anyone aside from Bills as Ry showed us when he also mimic'd Bills. So I had to play with the cards I was dealt. Also if Uncle Bills finds out what I did most likely he will laugh. Callins words are all the truth here, but did he just call Bills uncle?