New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Forgotten Fate - IC

"Is the use of compulsion magic a standard defense tactic?" asks the warforged, thoroughly curious as always. While not directly linked to smithing, the tactics of spell combat could be of interest to an outfitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

John stars at Marcus blankly for a moment still dumbfounded at Robert's display before a furious expression takes over his face. he locks his gaze on Robert and takes a step forward, addressing the three priests but mostly their leader. You compelled all those people to stay during an deadly situation, worse you would have compelled a bunch of untrained civilians to throw themselves at thees assassins most likely resulting in who knows how many of their casualties, and i remember the message sent us, a compulsion no doubt, and now you would attempt not to ask our help but command it, i dont care who you are old man you've over stepped your bounds!.
    Last edited by Daygone; 2015-12-26 at 11:48 PM.
    Spoiler: Johnathan Steelhart
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Surprised at the sudden outburst of the revered archbishop, Owen moves further behind the giant man, wishing to never be noticed ever again. When Robert suddenly pointed him out, he jumps and salutes instinctively "Sir!", that was when everyone turned and looked at him.

This was the worst.

Owen couldn't believe his luck, everyone was expecting something from him, I only looked at the items for a few seconds how in the world am I supposed to figure anything out about them. He began to pull out what he had, trying to think of answers to give the intimidating man, not wishing to enrage him further.

As he started to mumble out an answer, not ready for this test, the giant and the strange robot thing began to question Robert, the attention quickly turned away from Owen and onto the two who had spoken out of turn. Owen breathed an inner sigh of relief. Although that relief was short lived when he felt the tension in the room rise as the giant began to accuse and question Robert! Owen decided that standing behind the giant might not have been the best idea after all. As Owen tries to inconspicuously step away from the man accusing Robert, he realizes that the questions that the man raised are good and valid, good thing someone else asked them.
    Last edited by thegoldenfedora; 2015-12-27 at 01:31 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Valeris remains silent, interested in the answers to these questions. Although he cannot see anything wrong with the priest's plan - efficient as it was - understanding their motives and methods would be beneficial - although it sounds like the priests mean to dragoon them all.

Patience. Gather information. Say nothing rash.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Oreston calmly notes the string of outbursts, not being really surprised by any of it. People always wanted to think that priests were better than they were, and nobles always seemed to think themselves better than others, though in truth Oreston supposed that this man might not be a noble. It was actually good that they were questioning this-might make it less likely the priests would compel them. However, Oreston didn't think the priests had sent the message earlier. That would mean that they knew about the assassins, which seemed unlikely though you could never truly tell
    Spoiler: sense motive
    Show
    (1d20+5)[24]

Either way, it seemed quite likely that the inconspicuos one was involved on some level. Perhaps a watcher to make sure things went according to plan? Oreston had so few answers. He could find out one thing for sure though.
    Are we going to get paid for this work
    Oreston was pretty sure that he knew the aswer, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Robert looks at the warforged, amused by it. "Marcus can explain all about it to you later... he seems ready now."

As John speaks, a wry smiles starts to cover Robert's face. A few in the crowd nod, agreeing with what John is saying. After John finishes, Robert speaks calmly and collectedly, the smile disappears. "I believe I need to introduce myself, it seems you do not know who I am. My name is Robert Beston, Morninglord of Lathander, you need to care who I am. So I'll clarify some things for you, first of all, I would never force civilians to attack dangerous foes. I did not say or imply to have them compelled to do so, you made a dangerous assumption. I believe they would have attacked those assassins and dragged them down in about ten seconds on their own. Have you ever tried to stop ten people who are surrounding you from pinning you? You also assume that I sent some sort of compulsion on you as well which is absolutely ridiculous and unfounded." Robert now seems to be showing some anger here, his voice more patronizing.

"So let me tell you about over stepping my bounds boy. I have kept this city from collapse for the past three years from threats you can't even imagine at the cost of two of my closest companions and Dawnmasters. As for your comments about my Dawnmaster, Yes, he forced them to stay, but he also kept them from being in harms way, I didn't see any bolts hit civilians personally, did you? He knew the assassins were after us. Furthermore, when me or my priests make a mistake, even if that mistake was made under the effects of grief of losing their two best friends two days ago by going overboard on attempted safety by enchanting the crowds," Robert looks at Marcus, it seems he is talking to him rather than John "we undertake epic holy quests to help the people and restore their trust, leaving the church to fend for itself to do so. Even though we clearly can't afford to lose them right now. When you make a mistake, you for example apologize for your rudeness of ignoring someone and move on like nothing happened. You don't have to help, you can walk away and watch as this city falls to ruin, or you can let me handle my priests and do what YOU can do to save these people. The door is right there, any and all of you are free to go.....

I see something in you, or I wouldn't have brought you here. You have great potential, but you need to understand that there is more going on than any of us realize, even me."
    Robert finishes this last very somberly, showing just how serious this is. He looks at the group, "Any more questions?"

A man in black leather steps out, clearly the roguish type. He has a sheathed shortsword at the hip and daggers strapped to both thighs. His jet black hair is straight as a needle and cropped short. He jabs a finger at Oreston. "He's got the most important topic here. Do we get paid? My trust and bravery isn't free."

Robert returns the man's question with a smile. "Of course you'll be paid. I'm even going to reward you for helping us earlier whether you choose to help or not."

Spoiler: DC: 15 sense motive
    Show
    Robert, as seen by his sudden shifts in tones and manner, wasn't as mad as he appeared. He was in fact, acting of sorts. Perhaps he breaks his apprenti down to let them build back up.
    Last edited by warper; 2015-12-27 at 08:54 PM.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Pending

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenfedora
    You beautiful bastard, making me agree with you by complimenting me

Fantastic Avatar by smuchmuch!

7. - Top - End - #67

SwashbucklerGuy

Despite the reservations Owen felt towards some of the things Robert was saying, Owen felt that most of his words were good enough answers to the questions...that and the man was beginning to terrify him. Owen felt a bad taste in his mouth at the idea that if one priest were to make a mistake that they could simply undergo some form of quest in order to rectify that mistake. As if it was all a balance and one good act would cancel an evil one. Owen wasn't the greatest faithful of Lathander, but he was pretty sure that that was not the Lathandarian way, especially if that meant putting friends in further danger by leaving during times of crisis. But I'm sure he has his reasons.

When Robert began to talk about seeing something in each of the people present, Owen felt confused, You obviously got the wrong person for this. These other people are heroes, just look at them, that guy took an arrow to the shoulder and just walked it off, that guy is almost an actual giant, that thing is a super cool robot, there is an elf who dispelled magic with hardly any effort, another elf who has the biggest axe I have ever seen, and a dwarf who killed a man in one shot! astounded at the assembly of people, Owen feels even smaller than he actually is.

Okay I'll give the information that he asked for when he calls on me, and then I will leave right? They don't need me weighing down these people, I've done a lot more than I normally do. Owen begins to go over what he knows about what he found on the assassin, preparing and reciting an answer for the moment that the imposing man would look at him again.
    Last edited by thegoldenfedora; 2015-12-28 at 05:43 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

John takes in what the Morninglord had said. hmm... i still dont particularly trust thees "priests of Lathander", and because of how this has happened so far... could be wolfs in sheeps clothing or in this case villains in priests robes. i need more information, friends close enemies closer, work with them for now.
    John takes a moment to compose himself, then takes a deep apologetic bow. My apologies for my unkind words, Morninglord Beston, i let my passions and temper get the better of me, i'll try not to let it happen again. and you and your Dawnmasters have my sympathies for your recent losses, i know what its like.
    John stand upright again when he finishes what he was saying, takes the step back to were he was before his initial outburst and waits patiently for more developments.
    Last edited by Daygone; 2015-12-28 at 03:10 AM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Valeris finds a place to sit and steeples his fingers, listening intently to the priest's words. Evidently the priests use some form of enchantment to subtly manipulate the populace, enforcing their values, promoting their goals. In principle, Valeris approved of such powers - but not necessarily in the hands of hypocrites, who might use them against him.

No one appeared to be asking the key questions, so Valeris felt he had to speak up.

"You speak of atonement. Do you have a specific transgression in mind, or are you speaking generally?"

Seeing eyes on him, he begins ticking off questions with his fingers.

"A point of clarification: did you send the telepathic message that drew me here? And, more importantly, the matter of quantum: what is the reward for this day's activities, and what more do you offer if we assist you further? Perhaps most crucially: what is the further service you ask of us? I imagine you envisage some more specific assignment than a general mandate to uncover the identities of those who planned today's assault."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

The metal-wrought figure is content to observe and await the answers he's been promised. As such, he remains silent, and relatively still as well.
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Now that Oreston has received the answers he was pretty sure he would anyways, he's ready for sharing time.
    So, it would seem to me that in that last battle there was magic directed against you, meaning that there was at least one enemy mage there. My first nomination either for the mage or possibly for his eyes (so to speak) would be that rather suspicious warforged skulking around. Unless of course he works for you. Either way, I wasn't able to discern where he went during the skirmish.
    Oreston watches the others present intently to see if they try to hide knowing the warforged.
    As he's watching, another thought occurs to him.
    You said that you have encountered these kinds of assassins before, but I never heard of any such attempts in this city. Were they elsewhere, or has everyone somewhat mysteriously forgotten?
    Still trying to read his new compatriots to see not only if they have prior knowledge that they don't wish to share as well as their feelings on such a possibility.

12. - Top - End - #72

"I accept your apology young man. I don't doubt you've been through loss as well, may Lathander always brighten your path." Robert says, nodding to John.

Turning his attention to Valeris and his questions, Robert remains calm and informative. "For atonement, yes I speak of Marcus' transgression of the mind. He is in need of a reminder of why we serve Lathander and he will take time to do so. After all, what is Lathander if not for the people." Marcus bows his head, not wanting to look at Robert for the shame.

Robert continues on, more in his "Military" mode now that business is being conducted. "I have no knowledge of any telepathic communication between any of you, the answer to your question is no, I did not summon any of you in any way except by calling you all to follow me through the door there with my voice.

As for your reward, I am prepared to give you each fifty gold. I would give more, however the church's resources are currently tied up due to a number of factors. In return for your continued services, I can promise more and higher pay, including gifts of magical equipment. Specifically, I need a group of you to investigate the drought, if it continues much longer, the effects will become exponential. I need a separate group of you to look into the goblin caves in the Southern plains, we have heard of increased activity and need to make sure the surrounding farmlands are secure. We of the church will be looking into these assassins ourselves with any help from you as you come across information, but we'll be the ones actively pursuing them. Oh, and I need a third group to travel and contact our temple in the woods of Kairenis. We can't seem to communicate with them and I fear for their safety. All divinations have failed. I already know how I'd like to split you all up by the way."
    Robert says with a knowing smile.

"Now, let's continue our investigation shall we? I did not see this warforged you speak of, just him." He nods his head at Crafter. "If you give us a description, then if anyone sees this warforged, they can try to glean more information. There were definitely multiple mages, at least five, could've been more.

The assassinations were not in public. Now, let's have a look at the stuff you found."
    He says, looking at Owen.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    sorry for the delay guys, been really busy, fixing my car, my internet, family's been over... Anyways.

Valeris, the ring shows the symbol of Asmodeus. The vial seems to be non-magical.
    Show
    Pending

Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Crafter speaks up again, as something clicks into place, or rather, out of it.

"So, Lathander would not approve of a mass compulsion used like that, correct?"

14. - Top - End - #74

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ilinares View Post
    "A point of clarification: did you send the telepathic message that drew me here?
    Owen looks at the man, surprised that someone else had been talked to telepathically. So I wasn't the only one, was everyone else here invited telepathically? "So there is someone else on our side as well" Owen realizes he spoke without being spoken too, surprised that he had vocalized his thoughts, "I'm just saying that I heard the telepathic message as well." Owen mumbles,hoping that maybe others would speak up about the receiving the message in order to shift the focus away from him. Can you even communicate telepathically with a robo- oh wait they called him a warforged. Okay I have heard of them. Owen breaks his thoughts as he is once again called to show his findings. Oh shoot, I forgot what I was going to say, what was I going to say!?

Owen steps forward carrying the items as he tries to recreate his speech.

"Uhm, uh, I found this crossbow, and their were 5 remaining bolts... Uhh I think I remember her firing twice so that means she had umm seven bolts in total. Lets see, there was this ring to Asmodeus." Owen looks up at Robert wondering if this would have an impact on his theory about the cultists worshiping Asmodeus, and immediately looks back down to continue his findings, terrified of the man. "Uhm, there was something crushed up that I believe was bone, I put it into this vial... Oh and then there was another vial of green liquid which should have been the poison that everyone drank." Owen finishes up relieved to be done. As people begin to talk again, Owen realizes he forgot one last bit of information, and speaks up quickly blushing as he realizes his intrusion."I cast a spell before the fight so I know that one of these items is enhanced with transmutation magic, uhm I would guess that it was either the ring or the crossbow... sorry." Owen steps back again wondering how much longer it is before he can leave and return to his normal life of making deliveries with the Brotherhood.

So there are three missions that he wants to give us? And he has already picked teams, how has he done that? He should have barely been able to see us at the fight since he was engaged by enemies as well. Either way, Owen hoped the man didn't have any plans for him, because Owen was reaching his limit of adventure, for at least the rest of the year.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

he already has groups picked out, but he should not know our strengths or weaknesses form that skirmish it was over to quickly. John looks around the room at the other people. unless some have worked for the church before and they know those peoples strength and weaknesses, and will be pairing them up accordingly, that or they know things about us all through more sinister methods... keep that thought at arms length for now John threes no proof of that. no proof yet. either way no use for that train of thought now. John considers the others in the room, i wounder who i will be paired with and what mission asked to do. John waits quietly for next step.
    Last edited by Daygone; 2015-12-30 at 10:34 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Valeris looks pensive.

"The ring, of course, carries the insignia of Asmodeus. If, as you hypothesise, the repeated references to Asmodeus were merely a ruse de geurre, the ring may simply be another element of that stratagem. However, it seems excessive to such a purpose. A means, perhaps, of convincing the assassins themselves that their employer was an Asmodean priest?"

Glancing at Owen, Valeris adds, "If this man's claims are reliable, one or more of these items is either imbued with or subject to a magical effect of the transmutation school. It may be the ring - the vials appear unmagical - but no doubt you have the resources to conduct your own investigation.

"I am more interested in your claim to have had, on the one hand, no involvement in bringing us here, and yet a sufficient knowledge of our respective capabilities to make a meaningful division based on - one imagines - our respective talents. Am I to infer that you have cast divinations which have a bearing on this gathering? Or perhaps you have prior knowledge of a more mundane sort of some of us?"

Valeris suddenly realises he has been letting himself get carried away. He supposes he should let the priest answer some of the questions, and perhaps allow time for the less gifted intellects to catch up.

He briefly considers offering to cast detect magic on the items, but the idea of volunteering assistance without reward goes against the grain.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The warforged in question was made of a leaner design than our acquaintance here. He practically oozed shadows, hiding inconspicuously against a nearby building, with his eyes glued to the podium as twirled his dagger. His eyes, from the distance I was at, appeared black, though that may have merely been the shadows he was skulking in. If anyone ever saw him, they'd remember it.
    After Oreston finishes his description of the warforged, he cannot help but feel that the questions to the priest on how they surmised their individuals abilities absurd: two of them were more than a little familiar with magic, and also seemed hesitant with weapons-mages. The rest of the group had clearly brought weapons and knew how to use them. Beyond that, the young noble candidate was eager to prove that he was better than the priests here, and seemed to even now be somewhat suspicious of them. Such people were used to wearing heavy armor and having little magical support, or being on the front line. The warforged had no problem using his body as a shield, so he was likely used to being a bodyguard of some sort-Oreston would classify him in the same way as the noble, heavily armed, and armored. The others seemed to be more mercenary types-their choices of weapons were odd and atypical, which meant they probably relied/counted on themselves first and foremost.
    Of course, Oreston kept his mouth shut for this part, you never know if these others were right or not.

18. - Top - End - #78

Robert seems surprised at Oreston's description of the warforged. I have never heard of a warforged being built like that. They are almost always made for hard physical labor and protection. If anyone sees this figure, please report it to me immediately.

Robert doesn't seem quite so surprised anymore about this telepathy business. "So you all got this message? What exactly was it?" The large elf that fought with you speaks up. "The voice told me that I was needed at the address and that it would protect me from the compulsion." The elf steps back and Robert pauses for a moment, taking this in. "I see... I wouldn't be so quick to call this voice an ally, but it seems benign at the moment.... And powerful. I'm sure in time this voices owner will reveal itself to you.

The magic, whatever it was, is gone now. This makes me suspect it has something to do with the bone, but I can't be sure yet." After Valeris finishes talking about the ring, Robert replies matter-of-factly. "Well now, so you recognize his symbol do you? I wouldn't consider it excessive, I don't know what I would consider excessive to taking out the most powerful clerics of Lathander. The real reason I'm quite sure it's not his work is because that's not how he operates. Or should I say, that's not how his cultists operate. You see, people are lured to Asmodeus' cult by the promise of power. His cultists only care about themselves and wouldn't suicide like that." Robert tilts his head in thought for a second before continuing. "Although the idea that they think they're serving him makes a lot of sense, I'll give you that. Either way though, I'm quite sure Asmodeus is not to blame for all this."

Robert chuckles at Valeris' last point and folds his arms nonchalantly. "I wasn't exactly born yesterday, although some of you may have been born the day before. Look, sir chivalry here," Robert nods his head in John's direction. "Apologies, I don't know your name yet, clearly has training with his blade. I would bet he has training with more weapons and armor as well, just by the way he fought. This one," This time he jabs his thumb in the big elf's direction. "Doesn't have the formal training, but he supplements his already formidable strength with magic in an ancient Elven art. This one has training with the bow and is a pretty good shot with it, not to mention his agility. You are a Mage, I may not know your specialty, if you have one, but a Mage is a Mage. More importantly, I have seen a bit of each of your characters. Do I need to continue?"

Robert lets his point sink in before moving forward.. "I think it actually is time to introduce ourselves! Whenever you're ready!

The elf is the first to step forward. He could be the biggest elf you've ever seen you realize now that he's close. He is strong, and looks hardier than most elves. His hair is buzzed on the sides and the top is long and straight enough to hang to the side of his face. He has an earring in each ear, silver rings, and he wears studded leather with leather boots. Oh, and he has a greataxe strapped across his back. "I am Eredil." The elf steps back, apparently not one for much conversation.

Next a skinny man steps out, perhaps eighteen if you're being generous. He has straight short brown hair and brown eyes. His eyes are somewhat sunken, like he hasn't slept well in the past couple of days. His clothing is a brown and grey travelers outfit, the cheapest one you can buy and its dirty. "I am Ozzymandis, or Ozzy if you prefer... You can call me Oz I guess." He speaks slowly and with measured pauses between each sentence. He steps back and watches the rest.

Next to step forward is the green robed elf dispeller from earlier. "Mailin' The elf steps back, wanting it seems, to get this over with.
    They each step forward, giving their name and stepping back. The man in black leather calls "Darien".
    Next up is the dwarf with the big crossbow, he's been leaning on it this whole time. He doesn't even bother stepping forward, but you can see that he sports a large brown beard with graying tips. It's a bit wild, unkempt. He as lots of scars across his face, like he got raked by something big with claws. His armor is scuffed up, but still in good condition it seems as well. "Gogsgreath Hammercloak! He bellows, and waits.
    "Erlos" calls a small halfling, he seems to be hiding behind another dwarf. Jognuki Snowrock! the dwarf calls with pride, not to be outdone by the other dwarf. Jog is stocky, even for a dwarf, he has a dwarven battleaxe looped at his hip and a heavy steel shield on his back. He has a crossbow and bolts tied to his side and a shortsword as well, next to the axe. He wears fullplate armor, it's massive and shiny, with a helmet that practically muffles his voice it covers so much of his face.
    Next calls a man wearing robes, the symbol on them marks him as a priest or cleric of Tyr. "Lincoln" is all he says. His blonde hair and blue eyes mark him as most likely from the north.
    "Orilos" says a man next to him. The man has a scimitar at his side and wears hide armor with furs. The man is of short stature, about 5'6", and his soft hands denote that he doesn't participate much in physical labor. His long black hair is very clean and falls around his shoulders.

Show
    Holy **** yellow is hard to read! Just... select it so it highlights. I paused here to give you guys a chance to introduce yourselves and for anymore questions. I couldn't finish this last night as my boss had me pull a double.
    Last edited by warper; 2016-01-01 at 03:24 AM.
    Show
    Pending

Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Valeris finds himself smiling faintly. The High Priest has missed his point - that the ring was excessive to the bluff, if it was a bluff, not to the assassination itself - but then, he is used to others struggling to follow him. He decides not to pursue the issue, however.

The round of introductions is slightly dizzying for the socially inexperienced Valeris, but he murmurs "Valeris," at the appropriate moment and tries to look like he cares what the others are called.

20. - Top - End - #80

SwashbucklerGuy

Owen braces himself for his turn to introduce himself, Do I give my full name? Everyone else is just doing first names, and I don't want to seem like i'm bragging, but grandpa always said to take pride in my name. Caught up in his self created inner turmoil, Owen realizes it is his turn to speak up and decides to just say his first name.

"Owen Athelard the 4th." He couldn't help it, his full name just rolled off of his tongue. Oops. Owen began to worry who might recognize his prestigious family and begin to expect greater things from him.
    Last edited by thegoldenfedora; 2015-12-31 at 04:38 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

"Crafter", comes the metalic sound from the creature-adamantite armor. That's probably his name. Right?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler: History check
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenfedora View Post
    "Owen Athelard the 4th."
    History (1d20+3)[9]

when it gets to his turn John stays where he is and looks in Owen's direction curiously, My name is Johnathan Steelhart. John is a decently sized man at 6' 3" tall and a muscular but no overly so build putting him somewhere around 200 pounds. he has steel blue eyes, his dark blond hair is in a sort military cut, and he has a trimmed and kept beard. his long sword is clearly old and worn with heavy use. as, Morninglord Beston, had said i have formal combat training among other teachings. i spent five years as an officer with the Legion, then three years with the Steel Vanguard. John looks at each person wishing they gave a bit more information about themselves as to know his possible teammates better. oh well... that can be some thing to use as a team building activity later, after we have been split up.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Oreston
    Oreston introduces himself, feeling no need to be more specific than that.
    Last edited by boristhemaniac; 2016-01-01 at 04:09 PM.
    Spoiler: Forgotten Fate-Oreston
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

"Marik" calls another man. His chain shirt shimmers slightly, making it hard to look at. Not only that, but the longbow he's holding looks unfit for a man, the string looks almost impossible to pull back from all the wrappings, but Marik only looks to be of slightly above average build. He also has a longsword sheathed at his hip, the hilt holds a large ruby that seems to shine it's own light. Besides his impressive equipment, the man has the look of a king, a noble bearing hangs in the air around him. His dark blonde hair is just long enough to not be called a buzz cut.

Beside him, an elf in monk's robes stands just below him in height at about 5'11". "Tiatha" she claims. Her dark hair falls just past her shoulders and around her robes. She looks sculpted from stone because she's so fit. She wears moccasins to cover her feet, but aside from her clothes, the beautiful elf holds no other possessions.

Finally, the last person steps forward. Only it's a half-orc, the huge man looks like he could hold the greataxe strapped to his back with one hand and makes everyone else in the room look like a dwarf. He wears hide armor and has his waterskin tied to a belt on his thigh, other than that though, he has no other possessions. Many people here do a double take when he speaks, as despite his size, his quietness made him seem invisible. "Grog is what humans call me."

Robert, Marcus, and Zin listen as everyone introduces themselves. If one is paying attention, they might notice the three clerics exchange glances when Owen gives his name. They might also notice Robert's slight smirk when Valeris murmurs his name.

"Well, now that I know your names, I can tell you who you're working with." Robert says, eager to finally get the help he do desperately needs started. What's more, Robert seems to remember everyone's name without a single mistake. "my first team is Gogsgreath, Jognuki, Orilos, Erlos, Eridil, Mailin, and Darien. You will travel to Kairenis, find out what you can and report back. You have the largest group because your task is the most dangerous. Marcus knows the most about your task, questions on this go to him. The second group will be Marik, Ozymandias, Lincoln, Grog, and Tiatha. You will search for an answer to this drought. My priests will offer you what we can, but it isn't much. And lastly, Crafter, Johnathan, Owen, Valeris, and Oreston will search the caves and make sure the farmers are safe from any and all threats. Your task is the most important because it is for their immediate safety. Zin will guide you in what ways he can. If there are no more questions that involves everyone, then this meeting is over."
    Show
    If the players have no more immediate questions, then the door/portal you came through swings open and everyone, including the clerics, leave, only this time you all end up standing inside at the entrance to Lathander's great temple and you can post assuming this happens. I'll add it in after its clear or put it in the next post.
    Last edited by warper; 2016-01-02 at 05:05 AM.
    Show
    Pending

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

John looks to his group and the Dawnmaster Zin, I must go and collect the rest of my gear and inform my brother that im leaving a bit earlier than i had intended, might i suggest that we meat at the city gate or a tavern to discuss the specifics of our assignment. John will wait for his group to come to a decision about were to meet up, or address any other immediate concerns. he will then head to were he was staying to gather and equip his gear, after that he will go to Markus and appraise him of the situation. Then he will go to the agreed upon location to meat the others.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

SwashbucklerGuy

Owen is surprised that he hadn't noticed the half-orc, but his initial fear of the man and his impressive size are overcome by his interest. The man was put on the investigation team where your enemies aren't something you can kill and this man seemed perfect for challenges that involved killing. I want to get to know him more.

And then his name was mentioned again, Oh, they do still want my help, I knew I shouldn't have given my last name. What was it they wanted him to do? Go into a cave? With goblins? Oh no, no, no, no, that is too much for me. I've done my part, I do not want to die in a dark cave full of goblins. Owen felt his breathing begin to quicken as he began to panic and tries to calm himself, closing his eyes and breathing for a moment. The team is Crafter, the warforged, he seemed powerful if not durable. Jonhathan who seemed capable and honorable, Valeris who seemed knowledgable and Oreston who I don't know much about, but I think he was the only one who saw the person who began all of this. Owen decides that he will not run screaming from the building and cower at the tavern, I will just inform them that I am not cut out for this.

Owen steps up to Zin, the man who will tell us about the mission "Uhm, uh, hi I'm Owen, uh I'm on the group that is going to the goblin caves, and I think you guys might have gotten the wrong person, I'm not really uh qualified for this, and our team already has a mage in it" Owen hopes that the man will realize his predicament and allow him to leave.

27. - Top - End - #87

Zin looks at Owen with a blank look on his face. His face then morphs to one of understanding. He takes Owen off to the side so as to keep people from listening. "Owen Athelard the fourth... If there is one name I remember from all these people, that's the one. You know, your parents were very courageous people, not just your father. Funny how things turn out, you know... Your father wasn't always a knight in shining armor. But courage means putting something before yourself, Without courage we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. But you already overcame that fear when the assassins attacked. Robert will not change his mind and now they," He points to Owen's group, "Have their lives in your hands as much as your life in their hands." Zin realizes Owen may not like that so he plows forward. "Be scared. You can’t help that. But don’t be afraid. Nothing out there will hurt you unless you corner it, or it smells that you are afraid. A bear or a deer, too, has got to be scared of a coward the same as a brave man has got to be." Zin walks back to the group, letting Owen contemplate what he just heard.

Zin returns, listens to John and nods. "I will meet you at the Whispy Lock tomorrow at sunrise... That enough time?" He says to the group.
    Last edited by warper; 2016-01-02 at 01:08 PM.
    Show
    Pending

Show

28. - Top - End - #88

SwashbucklerGuy

Wow Owen thinks as he begins to relax, I'll have to ask him more about my dad later. Well okay, maybe this won't be too bad right? I have a lot of people with me, and if we work together it should be just like working with the Brotherhood. As Owen thanks Zin for his words, he decides that he might as well try to meet people now if he was to be working with them later. With that he walks over to the half orc.

"Hello friend, he says speaking in orcish, Hood had taught him the language and had even said that his accent wasn't horrible, so Owen thought maybe the man would respond better to a person actively trying to acknowledge him. This sure is something that we have gotten roped into, I'm not even sure I can handle it all. What do you think of all of this? Owen gave one of his rare smiles. If there was one thing that Owen knew, it was that the more friends he had the better, and he had found that half-orcs were easier for him to get along with. Owen knew all too well that one's family does not constitute what kind of person you would be, and so had never had any misgiving about the misrepresented race.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Valeris eyes Owen thoughtfully. A fellow mage, he thinks with some surprise. Perhaps there is hope of intelligent discourse in this endeavour after all. And a mage with the ability to heal, no less - what esoteric disciplines of the arcane might he have mastered?

Wondering if he has discovered - if not an equal - at least a peer, he rises with every intention of speaking to the man on his return from the private discussion with Zin. As he does so, however, Owen goes to introduce himself to the half-orc.

The gall! Valeris inwardly exclaims, bristling at the perceived slight. Well, if he is so limited as to see a half orc as his most likely conversational equal, I have made a narrow escape.

He turns his attention instead to Crafter, wordlessly - even rudely - staring as he contemplates the elegant craftsmanship, the triumph of the arcane to produce genuine life.

He indicates his assent to the proposed meeting venue with a wave of his hand, preoccupied with his scrutiny.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Dang! Why'd I have to get stuck with all the righteous ones?" Oreston thought to himself. The group he was in was mostly the people that had ethical problems with the priests methods. That was mostly fine cause it meant less backstabbing from them (at least less that involved knives), but they were also likely to take offense at some of Oreston's choice of methods. The priests seemed to have already made up their minds though, so there wasn't really anything that could be done about it. After agreeing to the meeting place and time, Oreston gets ready to collect his traveling gear.
    Spoiler: Forgotten Fate-Oreston
    Show