New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The (Fairly Neutral) Adventures of Hell's Rebels IC

Simon Sight

Simon rushed to the man he heard speaking about the prisoners. The fox couldn't fathom his heroine locked away in a warehouse or tower, nor could he fathom his heroine callousing her hands in the salt mines. That is when Thrune reared his ugly head.

Standing next to the man who was speaking of prisoners being held in Sallix Salt Works, Simon turned for a moment to Thrune, shouting again and again, "Cheliax, go home!"

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Intimidation to Demoralize Thrune: (1d20+3)[10]

Local Knowledge: (1d20+7)[12]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Mathius Frens

Mathius suddenly goes still and silent as the focus of his rage and enmity shows himself to declare some other fool thing. Even though not smiling his eyes are joyous at the chance to tear this mans dreams to shreds. He spares a thought to see if he remembers anything about squassation as he waits for the crowd to finally boil over and make it's move, giving him the best chance to engage Thrunes protectors a piece at a time rather than all at once. The sudden upsurge in the crowds behavior gives him hope that won't be too long now.

Spoiler: knowledge(local)
    Show
    (1d20+5)[20]
    Spoiler: My Characters
    Show
    Lea - Gangs of Freeport(Pathfinder)

Spoiler: Previous Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Korin

Never much to resist a woman's charm, especially when she such virtues in abundance, the half elf takes a step back for a more appropriate goodbye to ensure he is making a good impression, and hopefully will get a chance to make another one at some point in the future. "Madam Meredith, it is easy to be a hero for a lady of such beauty. I hope I will be able to see you again in a less stressful situation - is there a place you frequent?"

((ok, presuming there is more time between that and the Thrune appearance, he will try to get the equivalent of her number and will go to where the others are and that Meredith does not follow there. He was expecting some trouble, and he'd rather not drag a random woman into it unless she wants to))

He spends some time near the other crowd, looking at faces and trying to recognize both the person for whom he originally came and any of the other faces. The Thrune's entrance, however, attracts his attention just as it does everyone else's. He observes the man just as he listens to his words, and his eyes narrow shortly. An arrogant son of a bitch, that one, all sneers and confidence, and it isn't just in the fancy words he sprinkles in his speech. He's either supremely confident or very, very good at hiding his concern ... and for that matter, his anger. A wild impulse made the hairs on his neck itch - he had a feeling this man was dangerous, and he wasn't sure it was just his position and his toys.

Hells, Korin, you knew that before you came here, he thinks. That is why you took so long, until you well and truly could not let well enough alone. As he thinks that, he notices the man's statement is at end with yet another proclamation. So, this must be the counterpunch. The Thrune does not want to deal or look weak, so he hits back... Wait, what was squassation again?

Spoiler: Knowledge Local
    Show
    (1d20+4)[10]
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kriemhilde

Between the rain and the clamor among the citizens in the crowd Kriemhilde has lost sight of the man with the black glove. He can't have gone far, but the jostling of the crowd and the deluge of rain make seeing anything difficult.

Mathius

Mathius has remembered that squassation is a form of torture in which the victim’s hands are tied together and raised above the head; the victim is then hung from the hands while a weight is suspended from the feet, causing intense pain to the arms and legs.

All
    Throughout all of this someone in the crowd hurls a handful of manure at Barzillai. Though the putrid projectile misses Barzillai’s noble personage, the lord-mayor nonetheless flinches and spills wine across his ornate clothing. With his wardrobe and dignity endangered, the lord-mayor’s demeanor shifts from amused to bellicose. He shrieks, “Enough of this! Nox, run them off, arrest them, or kill them. I don’t care which!” before retreating into the opera house and slamming the windows. Down below, the woman commanding the guard immediately mobilizes the dottari, who draw their weapons. At the same time, men and women throughout the crowd pull back their cloaks, revealing matching armbands, truncheons, and the sadistic grins of Chelish Citizens’ Group members eager to mete out some “justice.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone put yourselves where you would like to be and roll initiative.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kriemhilde

It had, indeed, gotten worse.

Guards on one side, deliberate troublemakers on the other, and the man she was looking for nowhere to be found. Gripping the strap of her concealed sling, Kriemhilde gritted her teeth as she prepared to fight and/or flee.

This will only end in tears. Whoever threw that cowpie, I hope to Desna you're happy.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

After quickly shaking out his drenched orange fur, Simon selected his bow from his arsenal of weapons. As Simon loaded the crossbow, he decided to make the guard he was about to shoot piss his pants a little.

"Yo, dottari! I'm going to skin you alive and make a rug outa your stupid ugly human face! We kitsune are infamous interior decorators!"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Gremory Del'Rose - The Scarlet Rose

The knight looked on at the crowd as the tense atmosphere reached its boiling point. One of the disgruntled citizens cast a handful of manure at the Thrune-born paracount. She sighed deeply - the tyrant's response was only expected, though the gesture was quite foul. With the command issued, she stepped around the man in front of her clenching her gauntlet'ed hand. The guards drew their weapons and begun their advance. She paid little heed to the weapons and aggressive gestures of those within the crowd who had rose up to battle to Dottari. With a dramatic wave, she cast her hand out-wide throwing aside the short crimson cape hanging from her armor. Slowly reaching back to draw her massive weapon from her back. A long flowery-filigree'ed shaft adorned with a great concave sharpened blade of shimmering edged garnet gemstone. She viciously swung the blade, cutting air before leveling the weapon threateningly at the female captain of the guard - She cried out over the shouts to the woman.

" I AM GREMORY, OF HOUSE DEL'ROSE! CHAMPION OF THE ALTRUISTIC WATCH - FACE ME IF YOU DARE! "

With a mighty step, she stomped down with a powerful authority sending shivers through the stone under her feet. With a grunt, she lifted her massive shield from the ground before crying out. "HAAAAA!" Her muscles tightened and strained, her shoulder flexed as she heaved the massive metal barrier clear over her head, before bringing it down with a crushing and thunderous bellowing roar. The shield sundered the stone before her as she brought the wall of steel crashing down as a great bulwark in front of herself defensively. She smashed her bladed shovel into her shield boisterously in brazen challenge.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

HP 10
    AC 26 (22) / Total Concealment (50% Miss Chance)

Pre-Init:
    Move into position
    Set shield

Initi (20 - Nat 20)
    Draw Weapon
    Total Defense

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

Annabelle Stronginthearm

Annabelle looked up at the balconey where Thrune had been just moment before still shocked Sweet Gorum no the man is insane, there will be no way to hold back the murderous intent. Annabelle was deeply shaken because it was obvious that the man was insane as well as incredibly ruthless the latest proclamaition was so nonsensical that either it was the product of a deraigned mind or the work of one that felt so in control that he could mock a crowd into a bloodlust and see no consequences.

Either way this protest is about to get real bloody real quick. Annabelle thought as she drew her dagger ready to cut her way through the citzen's groups.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Mathius Frens

A feral smile wreathes his face as the Lord-Mayor has a violent reaction to manure being thrown onto him. Mathius draws his blade slowly making sure it makes a sound as it clears leather and he faces the fools who have unmasked themselves. He moves his head slightly toward Annabelle. "I know not your name miss...but you better be ready, willing, and able to shed some blood. The time for action is upon us. And they stand between me and my target." He stands there his sword out as a challenge waiting to see who will act first.
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2016-01-23 at 07:16 PM.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Korin

Well, at least now we know where we stand, Korin thinks as he puts a hand in his sling bag and draws his fortified cestus. It might not be a sufficient weapon against a good soldier - but he had faced those upjumped bullyboys before, and they were neither that good nor trained soldiers. He isn't quite sure he wanted to be drawn into that because of some smartass throwing manure, but well, now that he was here... He drew the hand out of the bag and fastened the straps. To an outsider, he looked like someone just ready enough for violence to get in real trouble... but, well, he had been in some pretty real trouble before.

Admit it, a voice in his head said, you wanted it to come to that. You wanted to bust some heads and break a mug or two after being cooped around for that much. Hey, you just said goodbye to a pretty sweet thing just because you didn't want to be distracted while doing it.

Fine, he thought. I would have preferred it to be on my terms, but the grins on those jackasses really got me riled up. Bill will have to wait, if he's even here. First thing first - focus on the Groupies in the crowd before they start wreaking havoc from insideHe took a step towards the center of the crowd and looked at the nearest unmasked Thrune lapdog. "Come on, assface. You going to stand there looking dumb or actually try getting your ass kicked ? Here's to your health"

Show

Draw a weapon - cestus
    Five foot step towards the center of the crowd
    Standard action - drink a mutagen.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2016-01-20 at 12:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Annabelle Stronginthearm

I learned the hard way years ago which side of the dagger made people bleed. Annabelle said with a laugh. My name's Annabelle. Tonight when we're swapping stories over beer and ham I'll let you know my last name.

With that Annabelle draws her dagger ready to fight her way free.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Simon laughed as he fired an arrow at the gaurd he had just demoralized. Let the games begin!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

All

The leader of the guard takes interest in Annabelle for a moment and looks as if she will address the challenge, when out of the melee an arrow strike her in the neck. She winces for the moment as blood oozes out of the wound before she pulls the arrow free from her neck and the wound quickly heals. She lets out a snarl and ducks inside the opera house and out of sight.

The guards move in to contain the crowd and keep them back from the opera house. They seem more concerned with the safety of the opera house and Thrune than with actually dealing with the riot.

Meanwhile a group of 4 Chelish Citizen's Group thugs appear out of the crowd and begin to attack you. They are armed with light maces and have red armbands. There appear to be many throughout the crowd who are attempting to subdue rather than kill their targets.

Spoiler
    Show
    Team PC's has won initiative and will go first. Let the games begin!
    Last edited by have_a_cow; 2016-01-23 at 01:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Kriemhilde

Spotting a CCG thug attacking a kitsune, Kriemhilde maneuvered into position. While not a complete novice with a blade, she lacked the skill to do a running draw, and so was limited to simply drawing her scimitar from its hiding place. Of more use was the hypnotic stare she subjected her unaware target to, the mesemerist weakening his will and increasing his perception of pain.

"Try to strike him with the flat! There's no need for excess bloodshed!"

Show
    You know how I said I didn't have time to post? I made time.

Kriem is going to spend a Move action to flank the thug attacking Simon (giving him +2 to Attack), then use a Swift action to activate Hypnotic Stare. This decreases the thug's Will Save by 2, and allows her to use Painful Stare as a free action to increase the damage of anyone who attacks him by 1. She will activate her stare when Simon attacks, as is allowed by the text of the ability.

She then uses her final Move action to draw her Scimitar, since, regrettably, her BAB is +0 and she therefore cannot draw her sword as part of a move action - something I forgot when I initially went to post. :(
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2016-01-23 at 02:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Mathius Frens

Taking just a second to quickly look around and note the positions of Thrune crones Mathius scowls menacingly and stares at the goon next to him studying him for weak spots and gaps in his guard. Moving his hand to wrist skyward he attacks the goon with a short swipe aimed at his midrift going fron his right to left.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    move action - look around
    free action - scowl
    standard action - attack the enemy next to him

Spoiler: attacks
    Show
    Name Attack Damage Type Special Special 2 DM
    Longsword Melee:(1d20+4)[22]

Crit Confirm:(1d20+4)[11]
    (1d8+2)[3]

(1d8+3)[4]
    Slashing Studied Target if studied +1 to attack and damage
    Add 1 more point of damage I typed the wrong number for the damage mod in the first one.

Spoiler: combat stats
    Show

Mathius Frens
    Male CN Human Slayer 1, Level 1, Init +4
    AC Touch FF
    16 12 14
    Fort Reflex Will
    3 4 4
    Wounds Non Lethal Damage MAX HP
    DR SR Energy Resist/Immunity
    Speed Spell Slots
    30 feet (6 squares)
    Buffs/Conditions Details Duration

Conditional Modifiers:

Special:
    Studied Target[ex] study opponent and get +1 to bluff, knowledge(any), perception, sense motive, survival, and +1att +1dmg againt that opponent. 1 target, and bonuses remain until target is dead or Mathius studies another target.
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2016-01-25 at 12:19 AM.
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Annabelle Stronginthearm

Annabelle stepped up to one of the threatening individuals and tried a quick stab at him. Sure he might be trying to take them in alive which would give her an easy opening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+3)[6]
    Crit confirm roll (1d20+3)[9]
    Damage roll [rolle]1d4+3[/roll]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mathius

Mathius rakes his longsword along the chest and stomach of his foe leaving a bloody gash. The thug lets out a grunt and looks like he's going to switch focus to the slayer.

Annabelle

Annabelle makes a quick stab at one of the CCG thugs, but the rain and this crowd have made it difficult for her to get her bearings straight. She stabs wide of her target, missing him completely.

Spoiler
    Show
    I forgot to mention, anyone who didn't succeed at rabble rousing during the protest treats the the crowd as difficult terrain. Anyone who succeeded at it ignore this as the crowd instinctively moves out of your way. We'll start using this next round as I forgot to mention this before.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Simon spins around and--still holding his crossbow with his other paw--draws his dagger, thrusting it into his attacker. His tail twitched to and fro in aggravation."Tsk, Tsk, Tsk...do you think that would really work?"

Show
    Move to draw dagger
    Standard to attack with dagger
    Attack (With bonus from flanking by Kriemhilde): (1d20+2)[11]
    Crit?(1d20+2)[11]
    Damage (With bonus from Kriemhilde, doubled if crit)(1d4+1)[3]
    Intimidate to demoralize opponent (Simon glared at him when he spoke)(1d20+3)[4]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing her challenge go unanswered, she growled with contempt at the cowards - So-called Knights. She stomped downward while lifting up, ripping her massive shield from the ground, letting the debris clatter to the ground. If they wouldn't come to here, she'd come to them. The familiar voice called out over the crowd, the flat of the blade? - Nonsense! She glanced over her shoulder as one such individual revealed himself as a similar thug within her striking range. With a vicious snarl, she reeled around behind herself with a blindingly quick vertical back-hand. Attempting to simply split the man in twain with raw strength.

Spoiler: ATTACK!
    Show

Garnet Rose
    Attack: (1d20+7)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[11]

Special: Attack Ignores half the targets Armor & Shield Bonus's

Last edited by Mornings; 2016-01-25 at 08:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simon

The thug nimbly dodges out of the way of Simon's blade and returns the attack with his mace, this time putting the full force of his strength behind it.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit simon: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

Gremory

Gremory brings her weapon down on the thug causing a huge gash to open down the front of his body. He collapses to the ground in a pool of blood.

Annabelle

The thug grins wickedly as he swings his mace at the priestess.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit Annabelle: (1d20+3)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4]

Mathius

The thug releases a wicked counter attack, bringing down his mace deftly at Mathius.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit Mathius: (1d20+3)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]
    Last edited by have_a_cow; 2016-01-27 at 03:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

Kriemhilde

"Okay, pal, it's time to take a looong nap!"

Having finally drawn her scimitar, the curved blade gleaming in the gloomy downpour, Kriemhilde swung the flat of her weapon toward the thug's head...

Show
    And Kriem finally gets to attack - for what that's worth. Let's see if she can actually get past her massive strength penalty. (Ah, the hazards of playing a 1st level dexterity-based character...)

Attack (+2 Flanking, -4 Nonlethal): (1d20-3)[16]
    Damage (+1 Painful Stare, Nonlethal): (1d6)[4]

Confirm Critical (from OOC): 17
    Critical Damage (from OOC): 2, for a total of 6 (Nonlethal)

...where it struck with a clang, the blade wobbling visibly.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2016-01-26 at 02:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Mathius Frens

Grimacing from the pain of the goons blow Mathius twists his hand to put the other hand on the pommel and exert more physical force by two-handing his longsword. He then attacks defensively, hoping to end the fight soon.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    (fighting defensively -4 att +2 ac)
    free action - put his other hand on pommel
    standard action - attack target

Spoiler: attacks
    Show
    Longsword Melee:(1d20+1)[12]

Crit Confirm:(1d20+1)[13]
    (1d8+5)[11]

(1d8+5)[11]
    Slashing

Show

Mathius Frens
    AC Touch FF
    18 14 16
    Fort Reflex Will
    3 4 4
    8 11
    Speed Spell Slots
    30 feet (6 squares)

Conditional Modifiers:

Special:
    Studied Target[ex] study opponent and get +1 to bluff, knowledge(any), perception, sense motive, survival, and +1att +1dmg againt that opponent. 1 target, and bonuses remain until target is dead or Mathius studies another target.
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2016-01-26 at 03:46 AM.
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Korin

Arrrghhh, this hit the spot
    , Korin thinks to himself as the concoction spreads through his body, lighting a fire under his skin. Seeing that the fellow he insulted does not seem to pay him proper attention, he decides to make himself a much bigger nuisance for someone else. His lips parts in a snarl as his teeth grind. Somebody's gonna get hurt.

Show

Move action: move to establish flank
    Standard action: attack (with power attack if flanking), use nonlethal damage

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Attack: (1d20+6)[18], +1 if flanking and w. PA
    Damage: (1d6+5)[6], +2 if flanking
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2016-01-26 at 06:48 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Simon screeched in agony as the thug's blade entered him. Simon sidestepped the thug and attempted to vanish into the crowd.

Show
    5-foot step as move action.
    Use Revelation, a face in the crowd, as a free action.
    Stealth check:
    (1d20+11)[23]

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

She felt the familiar rattle of steel in her hand as she brought the spade-shaped blade to bare upon the man, who had perhaps been an unremarkable citizen before - but now he was just the face of another enemy. The spray of grey-matter spilled out upon the cold stone of the plaza. A face divided. The blade cleaved through the man's skull and bit deep into the beginnings of his sternum, the wet sputtering-crack of his divided collarbone brought a grimace to the hardened knight's face. The body tilted and fell limp to the ground as she ripped the blade free from the corpse with a sharp jerk. The cry from a man in the crowd who was being accosted drew her attention. She could feel her face flush, her eyes steeled and unblinking as the battle-fury stole away what little mirth she'd had. She slammed her shield left and right with a heavy hand, throwing aside protesters as she muscled her way through the crowd to stomp her way next to the recently injured man as he attempted to slip away from the battle. With an unflinching-murderous gaze she stood before the man who had stabbed the some-what-familiar man to glare upon him - Then with sudden and unexpected swiftness she snapped her shovel across her body from out-wide with a violent slap. Attempting to simply cleave off the sod's skull from his shoulders with overwhelming strength.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

HP: 10
    AC: 22

Garnet Rose
    Special: Attack Ignores half the targets Armor & Shield Bonus's

Attack: (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[6]

26. - Top - End - #86

Annabelle Stronginthearm

Whoops. Come on back to basics Annabelle She thought as she brought her dagger around again knowing that she needed to get this guy out of the way before the stampede started.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+3)[7]
    crit confirm (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage (1d4+3)[4]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

All

Korin leaves a large gaping wound in his target, but doesn't quite kill the man. Realizing he has been outmatched, the thug drops his weapon and flees.

Spoiler
    Show
    Korin and Annabelle may make an Attack of Opportunity if they would like.

Gremory slashes at her thug, wounding him, but he is still standing, although he looks like a stiff breeze will knock him over. He hobbles away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mathius and Gremory may make an AoO.

The final standing thug decides to return the favor to Kriemhilde, and lets out a large swing of his mace.

Spoiler
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20+3)[7]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Mathius Frens

Knowing that with his injuries he can't keep the fight going and that they were going to have a time getting through the guards anyways Mathius settles for felling this Thrunian fool. With a gleeful look in his eyes he lunges forward bringing the longsword down. Even the blood from his injury does very little to detract from the pure bloodlust in his very action.

Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Longsword Melee:(1d20+1)[9]

Crit Confirm:(1d20+1)[16]
    (1d8+5)[8]

(1d8+5)[9]
    Slashing

Show

Mathius Frens
    AC Touch FF
    18 14 16
    Fort Reflex Will
    3 4 4
    8 11
    Speed Spell Slots
    30 feet (6 squares)

Conditional Modifiers:

Special:
    Last edited by Vertharrad; 2016-01-29 at 02:20 AM.
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #89

Kriemhilde

"Too slow, bucko!"

Damnit, I'm all on my own, now... I'm going to have to use the scimitar the way it was intended if I want to subdue this guy. That said, he looks like he's about to fall over from a stiff breeze, so hopefully a good solid hit will just knock him unconscious rather than kill him outright.

Shifting her scimitar, Kriemhilde brought it down in a diagonal slice...

Show
    Let's end this charade, shall we?

Attack: (1d20-1)[19]
    Damage (Plus Painful Stare): (1d6)[6]
    Confirm Critical: 8 (See OOC)
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2016-01-28 at 01:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Korin

The half-elf lets out a low chuckle. "Goin´?," as he pivots, feinting a quick jab with his right hand as he sets up a vicious hook to the side of the civvie with his left. "Have one for the road," he mutters as he puts his entire body in the punch, leaning slightly into the blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Opportunity
    Power attack activated, still nonlethal (he hasn´t gotten properly angry yet)
    Attack:(1d20+7)[27]
    Damage:(1d6+7)[13]

Yes, that's it. Thaaaaat's it. Look at these eyes as they go wide with the shock from the pain. Bet you don't feel this gig is so hot anymore, do you?

Korin thumps himself in the chest lightly, more as a reminder to keep himself focused than anything else, as he stalks towards another embattled civvie, moving in for a blow. Hopefully these folks won't mind the new guy crashing their fun.

(attack listed in the OOC thread as I had to edit this one after the AoO)
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2016-01-28 at 05:32 PM.