New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Precision Malfesense IC - Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    "No, we do nothing," said Mrs. Snow. "I am talking now you pathetic over-promoted pocket protector! You are some wannabe hack who has cribbed your entire operation from cheap thriller movies, you have accomplished nothing of note in your life, and not only were you dumb enough to get your sh*t stolen your sh*t is so inconsequential to me that I don't even remember taking it! So I want you to understand something very clearly: You are a fat, greasy blob drooling into a microphone and I would rather take my chances with the alien forest than hear your amateurish attempts at threats for another second. You are not dealing with some wilting violet in a lab coat, you are dealing with Mrs. F*cking Snow and I will take you the f*ck apart."

Go Aggro: I want this guy either show himself or reveal his hand. I am threatening him with continued insults. 10; he can either cave and reveal, or he can force my hand and suck up listening to Mrs. Snow brutally demolish his ego.
    If there isn't any violence involved, then this is going to be a Manipulate, with the leverage of "do as I say or else I keep insulting you." And what specifically do you want this gal to reveal? You know what it's like; some hotheaded punk comes storming into your office, demands to know why you did it, and you're left wondering if this is about the union crackdown thing, or the time you stole all the alcohol from your secretary's desk.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    If there isn't any violence involved, then this is going to be a Manipulate, with the leverage of "do as I say or else I keep insulting you."
    The 2E wording is When you go aggro on someone, make it clear what you want them to do and what you’ll do to them, which is decoupled from violence, but I am not fussed either way.

And what specifically do you want this gal to reveal? You know what it's like; some hotheaded punk comes storming into your office, demands to know why you did it, and you're left wondering if this is about the union crackdown thing, or the time you stole all the alcohol from your secretary's desk.
    Sh*t, Snow doesn't know. She's fishing. She wants this person to lose their cool and go on a rant about how great they are and monologue about how they set this whole thing up and has Snow surrounded on all sides by ninjas or whatever they've done. Mrs. Snow wants them to feel hurt and defensive and like they have to explain themselves to her to prove that they're not the chucklehead she's saying they are. Hurt their feelings so they can't be cool and objective and blurt out sh*t they shouldn't. That kinda thing.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why don't we go up together?" Andersen offers, stepping out. His smile instantly fades when he sees who's waiting for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    "Peachy. I just wanted to check in and see how you were. With everything I had to do, this was my first chance to get by, if you understand me."

I give the captain a little doff of the head. "Howdy captain. I fixed your ship for you, had a big old hole in it and your fella Tom needed a helping hand. Would have thought you'd alliance folk would be a better hand with the anti-grab thrusters, myself, but I guess your baby needed some frontier know-how to get her back up to speed. I sure do hope there's no hard feelings on account of everything." I offer him a hand to shake, and of course I came straight here and haven't bothered cleaning up since rifling around in multiple engines. But I'm sure he wouldn't want to be impolite, in front of Willow and everything.
    "Don't push your luck." He says sharply, and refuses to shake your filthy hand. "You've done your duty as a citizen of the Alliance. For once. If you're looking for a medal and a pat on the head, you've come to the wrong place." He motions for Willow to lead on to the Captain, and stop wasting time with this lowlife.
    Willow's eyes narrows dangerously and her soft and smiling face is suddenly hard and utterly focused on Andersen. Without a second's thought she lashes out to slap him right across the face with her hand, taking no care to be gentle.

"I will give you one chance to apologise, dear. Or I think I might just struggle to untangle myself from my current commitments to be able to come with you."

[Rolling to Go Aggro on Andersen to give him a good slap: 3+4-1=6 ...oops
    Rolling to Manipulate him in to apologising to Jane, using his desire for me/for to come with him as leverage: 5+2+3=10]
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2016-04-03 at 01:07 PM.
    "For love is no part of the dreamworld. Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

"Just because I'm sorry doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it at the time."
    ~ Snow Patrol

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    "Are you sure?" This on the other hand, was a big let-down. His mask almost managed to look disappointed. "We have the advantage of surprise. They don't know we're on to them. We could take over control quietly and quickly before they realize what's up."
    "A whole warship worth of soldiers and techs, 'gainst the dozen or so of us?" replied Hall, sceptically. "I don't see those bein' profitable odds ... leastwise without a reason to be runnin' them."

"Let's go find their capt'n. Maybe we can be persuasive about him letting us be on our merry way."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Jane sucks in a little breath at Willow's attempted slap, but waits to see what Anderson has to say.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elanorin View Post
    Willow's eyes narrows dangerously and her soft and smiling face is suddenly hard and utterly focused on Andersen. Without a second's thought she lashes out to slap him right across the face with her hand, taking no care to be gentle.

"I will give you one chance to apologise, dear. Or I think I might just struggle to untangle myself from my current commitments to be able to come with you."

Rolling to Manipulate him in to apologising to Jane, using his desire for me/for to come with him as leverage: 5+2+3=10]
    Oh ho ho ... Aeron would like to aid here, but are you within sight of his little card? If so,

Help on Go Aggro: 3+5+3 = 11

You may get the odd feeling like yours wasn't the only will behind that slap, as if something - some faceless ghost behind your eyes - spurred your hand on and gave it less pause and a little more force. Maybe you felt the urge to punch, rather than slap.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    "A whole warship worth of soldiers and techs, 'gainst the dozen or so of us?" replied Hall, sceptically. "I don't see those bein' profitable odds ... leastwise without a reason to be runnin' them."

"Let's go find their capt'n. Maybe we can be persuasive about him letting us be on our merry way."
    Aeron shrugged despondently. "In that case we should probably untie the two guards first and apologize. Make up some story about a misunderstanding. Maybe stress to them how embarrassing it would be if they were to admit what happened."
    Last edited by Deadly; 2016-04-05 at 02:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

The 2E wording is When you go aggro on someone, make it clear what you want them to do and what you’ll do to them, which is decoupled from violence, but I am not fussed either way.
    Ah, that's right. You're Going Aggro.

There's a pause after your venomous tirade. "Are you done?" The voice asks, though she already knows the answer.

Oh ho ho ... Aeron would like to aid here, but are you within sight of his little card? If so,

Help on Go Aggro: 3+5+3 = 11

You may get the odd feeling like yours wasn't the only will behind that slap, as if something - some faceless ghost behind your eyes - spurred your hand on and gave it less pause and a little more force. Maybe you felt the urge to punch, rather than slap.
    Andersen - moving quicker than his wits - catches your hand a split second before you make contact. His eyes flash in anger, but it is nothing compared to the weight of your disapproval. They dim to a tender warmth. His fingers clasp yours, his mouth kisses your hand. "Promise me," He says, and you know the man is begging. "That you will never again speak of staying here, or leaving my crew."

8. - Top - End - #218

Ah, that's right. You're Going Aggro.

There's a pause after your venomous tirade. "Are you done?" The voice asks, though she already knows the answer.
    "Am I done? You leprous, pus-dripping sore on a she-mule's taint! Your voice sounds like a malfunctioning garbage disposal!" Mrs. Snow continued to bark insults as they came to mind as she expanded her search outside the house, looking for a vehicle, motor pool, road or map. "Iconoclast! Aboriginal! Beer-gutted Berliner! Aztec! Ectoplasm! Cataphract! Carpetbagger!"

She could do this all day. They wanted something from her; the only leverage they'd demonstrated was the ability to clear out a hospital.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Andersen - moving quicker than his wits - catches your hand a split second before you make contact. His eyes flash in anger, but it is nothing compared to the weight of your disapproval. They dim to a tender warmth. His fingers clasp yours, his mouth kisses your hand. "Promise me," He says, and you know the man is begging. "That you will never again speak of staying here, or leaving my crew."
    The transformation on Willow's face is complete and it is a marvel how she could go from one extreme to another so effortlessly without losing the sense on genuine feeling behind it. She smiles kindly, tenderly, even and her eyes sparkle again and her hand that is now at his mouth caresses the cheek she had sought to slap.

"I won't, as long as you don't give me reason to," she said softly and then gave a slight nod to Jane as if to point out that an apology was still very much due.
    "For love is no part of the dreamworld. Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yes ...

Read Hall: 1+4+2 = 7

How could I get Hall to agree to enacting some daring, dastardly plan rather than simply letting Andersen and his crew go quietly? Surely there's some rebel plot, some guilty desire deep in the old fox's heart ... something he wish he would do here, but his rational, cautious, non-rebellious self is talking him out of it.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh yes ...

Read Hall: 1+4+2 = 7

How could I get Hall to agree to enacting some daring, dastardly plan rather than simply letting Andersen and his crew go quietly? Surely there's some rebel plot, some guilty desire deep in the old fox's heart ... something he wish he would do here, but his rational, cautious, non-rebellious self is talking him out of it.
    Oh, there's plenty going on in that old heart.

The fastest way to achieve this is simple: put Willow in danger. The old coot is in love with her, after all. If she goes with Andersen willingly, he won't lift a hand, but if she's being kidnapped, then there's gonna be blood.

The other way to do it is to make it profitable. Right now, he just can't see an easy way to take out that ship's capabilities, not to mention her crew without getting caught or reported (same thing, in his mind). But if there's something that makes it easier - like if Jane tells him the guns are out of commission on account of the fire, or that she's likely to founder if say ... the docking clamp is blown open accidentally ... then he'd consider it. You'd still have to fight his conscience (in that killin' alliance isn't exactly what he's after here) but you'd have his interest by that point.

The other half of that job is to tempt him with money. The ship itself isn't going to do that, it's too big to fence. But if Andersen lets slip about treasure ... and that there's a map on the boat? Well ...

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Jane leaned back and looked ready to receive an apology whenever Anderson was good to go.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

"Am I done? You leprous, pus-dripping sore on a she-mule's taint! Your voice sounds like a malfunctioning garbage disposal!" Mrs. Snow continued to bark insults as they came to mind as she expanded her search outside the house, looking for a vehicle, motor pool, road or map. "Iconoclast! Aboriginal! Beer-gutted Berliner! Aztec! Ectoplasm! Cataphract! Carpetbagger!"

She could do this all day. They wanted something from her; the only leverage they'd demonstrated was the ability to clear out a hospital.
    It's the middle of the night, so you can't see particularly far, but there's a few tromped-down paths that could conceivably be roads. Where they lead is anybody's guess. Hopefully not the outhouse.

In any case, your search doesn't last particularly long before the voice sighs frustratedly. "Alright. Have it your way."

There's a click, and then you're listening to yourself:

"You are not dealing with some wilting violet in a lab coat, you are dealing with Mrs. F*cking Snow and I will take you the f*ck apart."
    "ISI would pay good money for this, and your last known coordinates. And they're not the only buyer on the market." She explains, maintaining a cold professionalism. "Once the bidding is through, we should turn a tidy profit. More than enough to, say, commission a legion of vandals to desecrate your portrait gallery in the Hall of Thinkers. And tear down your pretty golden statue on the way out."

"Or. We can talk business now, avoid all that...unpleasantness, and then all go our merry ways. Your choice."

What do you do?

The transformation on Willow's face is complete and it is a marvel how she could go from one extreme to another so effortlessly without losing the sense on genuine feeling behind it. She smiles kindly, tenderly, even and her eyes sparkle again and her hand that is now at his mouth caresses the cheek she had sought to slap.

"I won't, as long as you don't give me reason to," she said softly and then gave a slight nod to Jane as if to point out that an apology was still very much due.
    Jane leaned back and looked ready to receive an apology whenever Anderson was good to go.
    Andersen hesitates, scrutinizing you closely. There is something more he wishes to say, but at your touch he relents.

Turning to Jane, he gives the slightest of nods. "My apologies. Words were spoken too rashly. Your assistance is...appreciated, citizen." He glances to Willow, gauging if that was enough and - more importantly - if they could go and leave already.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Andersen hesitates, scrutinizing you closely. There is something more he wishes to say, but at your touch he relents.

Turning to Jane, he gives the slightest of nods. "My apologies. Words were spoken too rashly. Your assistance is...appreciated, citizen." He glances to Willow, gauging if that was enough and - more importantly - if they could go and leave already.
    Jane gives a slight nod. "Well, that's mighty hospitable of you, cap'n. Willow, I'll be down in engineering if you need me. Don't finish packing up without sayin goodbye, y'hear?"

I turn to leave, but hesitate, giving Willow one more hard look. It's so hard to read her, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong here.

[Read a person on Willow. (2d6+1)[7]
    Q: What does Willow want Jane to do right now?
    Last edited by Anarion; 2016-04-08 at 03:55 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

15. - Top - End - #225

"ISI would pay good money for this, and your last known coordinates. And they're not the only buyer on the market." She explains, maintaining a cold professionalism. "Once the bidding is through, we should turn a tidy profit. More than enough to, say, commission a legion of vandals to desecrate your portrait gallery in the Hall of Thinkers. And tear down your pretty golden statue on the way out."

"Or. We can talk business now, avoid all that...unpleasantness, and then all go our merry ways. Your choice."

What do you do?
    "Woah now, let's not get hasty here," said Mrs. Snow, "I mean, I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to my f*cking statues. God forbid anything happen to my statues. I don't know how I could live with myself if anything bad happened to my god-damn statues."

She leaned in. "Listen, mouth breather. You don't get to the point in life where people are building golden statues of you if you're afraid of what happens to the statues. Tell you what! Just for you, when I get back to my office, I am going to commission a golden statue of you engaged in sexual congress with a horse made out of diamonds, and then I'm going to seal you inside it and then I'm going to toss the thing in the ocean. And I'm going to do it while relaxing on a space yacht with the entire Alliance Supreme Court looking on as witnesses. And the expense of all that won't even show up on my monthly balance sheet! I could buy and sell this entire planet and everyone on it, you insipid fool, and I have.

"That is the kind of business I talk. You want to try and threaten me? I will sodomize and skull-f*ck you. That's my answer to your limp wristed threats. If you want to talk business then get your greasy ass off your greasy couch and look me in the eye."

She started following one of the paths. She enjoyed this, an evening walk in the jungle while chewing out a subordinate over the radio made her feel normal.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2016-04-09 at 02:57 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

"Mm. I'm not sure I trust this man, Andersen, to just leave in peace," Aeron mumbled. "On second thought, maybe we should at least keep his two men tied up for now, as added security just in case. We can let them go once we're sure they're leaving peacefully."

Meanwhile, his mind was once again elsewhere, this time looking for Andersen. The man needed a nudge in the right direction. A little incentive to make a jerk of himself and an enemy of Hall.

Go Aggro via direct-brain whisper projection: 3+4+2 = 9

I want Andersen to get f*ing paranoid and get the hell out of here as soon as possible. Basically, I want him to rush it even more than he's already doing. There's something whispering in his head, threatening him, he can feel it crawling through his skull like a worm. It's going to mess with his soft little tissue and make him look like a madman - a sick, bleeding madman - if he doesn't stick his tail between his legs and scurry out of here pronto.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Willow nods with a radiant smile, approving of the apology and taking Andersen's arm as if to grant his request and leave.

Jane gives a slight nod. "Well, that's mighty hospitable of you, cap'n. Willow, I'll be down in engineering if you need me. Don't finish packing up without sayin goodbye, y'hear?"
    "Oh, I won't. I'll make sure to come by," Willow assures her and then, looking up at Andersen who she anticipates would protest or at least disapprove, "I must afford proper goodbyes to my friends. They have done so much for me."

I turn to leave, but hesitate, giving Willow one more hard look. It's so hard to read her, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong here.
    Then her eyes and smile returns to Jane as she throws her that final searching glance.

[Read a person on Willow. [roll0]
    Q: What does Willow want Jane to do right now?
    Willow is desperate to speak to the Captain, our Captain, alone right now, or at least freely, away from Andersen and his goons, and would love for you to detain Andersen right now, giving her an opening to find Hall on her own without him at her side. It's obvious to you that she has information she is bursting to share.

She would also welcome any and all help delaying their departure as much as possible, she has stalled as much as she thinks she can and is playing along with the leaving notion but Willow has no desire to set foot on that boat.
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Willow is desperate to speak to the Captain, our Captain, alone right now, or at least freely, away from Andersen and his goons, and would love for you to detain Andersen right now, giving her an opening to find Hall on her own without him at her side. It's obvious to you that she has information she is bursting to share.

She would also welcome any and all help delaying their departure as much as possible, she has stalled as much as she thinks she can and is playing along with the leaving notion but Willow has no desire to set foot on that boat.
    Oh, that's the game, is it? Well, Jane could do distraction. She could do distraction all day. As she was turning to leave, she tapped a small button on her robotic arm. One that sends a signal all throughout the ship. Red lights shot out and warning klaxons started blaring. Jane whipped around in an instant. "What in tarnation?! That's the klaxon for a reactor leak! Cap'n I'll take you back to your ship, lickity split. Willow, beggin yer pardon, but as chief engineer I'm gonna have to ask you to stay in your room while this whole little mess is worked out. You understand I hope, we'll get her fixed up right quick and then you can be on your way."

If he doesn't take off ahead of me, I put my arm around the captain and lead him right off away from Willow. Everyone else, there's now a series of blaring warning sirens going off in the ship. Be worried as appropriate.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

"That's my answer to your limp wristed threats. If you want to talk business then get your greasy ass off your greasy couch and look me in the eye."

She started following one of the paths. She enjoyed this, an evening walk in the jungle while chewing out a subordinate over the radio made her feel normal.
    "Oh, I don't look anyone in the eye. I have people to do that for me."

A bright red dot appears on your hand, traces its way up your arm, and hovers excitedly over your chest.

"I do apologize if my previous offer was not to your liking. Let me make you another. You convince me you didn't mean what you said - because frankly, you've hurt my feelings, when I've been nothing but polite and accommodating - and that you're actually worth working with. Or, you keep walking until we tell you to stop, and you can wander blind through the jungle until the bounty hunters come to collect you."

"Or, I guess you can do something reckless, my associates shoot you, and we let interested parties know that taking you alive is now a limited-time offer. That's still on the table."

Meanwhile, his mind was once again elsewhere, this time looking for Andersen. The man needed a nudge in the right direction. A little incentive to make a jerk of himself and an enemy of Hall.

Go Aggro via direct-brain whisper projection: 3+4+2 = 9

I want Andersen to get f*ing paranoid and get the hell out of here as soon as possible. Basically, I want him to rush it even more than he's already doing. There's something whispering in his head, threatening him, he can feel it crawling through his skull like a worm. It's going to mess with his soft little tissue and make him look like a madman - a sick, bleeding madman - if he doesn't stick his tail between his legs and scurry out of here pronto.
    Willow nods with a radiant smile, approving of the apology and taking Andersen's arm as if to grant his request and leave.

"Oh, I won't. I'll make sure to come by," Willow assures her and then, looking up at Andersen who she anticipates would protest or at least disapprove, "I must afford proper goodbyes to my friends. They have done so much for me."
    Oh, that's the game, is it? Well, Jane could do distraction. She could do distraction all day. As she was turning to leave, she tapped a small button on her robotic arm. One that sends a signal all throughout the ship. Red lights shot out and warning klaxons started blaring. Jane whipped around in an instant. "What in tarnation?! That's the klaxon for a reactor leak! Cap'n I'll take you back to your ship, lickity split. Willow, beggin yer pardon, but as chief engineer I'm gonna have to ask you to stay in your room while this whole little mess is worked out. You understand I hope, we'll get her fixed up right quick and then you can be on your way."

If he doesn't take off ahead of me, I put my arm around the captain and lead him right off away from Willow. Everyone else, there's now a series of blaring warning sirens going off in the ship. Be worried as appropriate.
    Andersen doesn't let go of Willow. He pulls her closer, and fishes out his radio with the other hand. "All hands; report!"

A flurry of responses answer his call. Two names are missing. "Yang? Ramirez? Report!"

No response.

Andersen swears. "Everybody, get back to the ship. Now!" He takes off for the docking tunnel like a man possessed, dragging Willow behind him if he has to. Jane, you can still try and get his other arm, try to get him away from Willow, but his eyes are going wild and you can see a sidearm gleaming at his hip.

What do you do?

Harold, Aeron, over the blaring sirens you can hear some mighty agitated thumping coming from the room where your guests are all tied up. Sounds like they're done napping. What do you do?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Well, this is gonna get awkward real fast. Like I said, if he didn't take off running instantly, I put my arm around him. So here we are: me with one arm on Anderson by the time he's done with his little walkie-talkie, him with one hand dedicated to Willow, and the whole mass trying to be shoved down a hallway without any folks letting go.

Well, you know this ain't gonna last. I'm a clumsy gal, I've got wrenches, and I ain't about to let Anderson go dragging away a member of this crew without permission. So I "trip" you know, while getting a wrench out and Anderson is gonna be letting go of us.

[Go aggro: let us go or face the wrenching consequences. (2d6)[9]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Well, this is gonna get awkward real fast. Like I said, if he didn't take off running instantly, I put my arm around him. So here we are: me with one arm on Anderson by the time he's done with his little walkie-talkie, him with one hand dedicated to Willow, and the whole mass trying to be shoved down a hallway without any folks letting go.

Well, you know this ain't gonna last. I'm a clumsy gal, I've got wrenches, and I ain't about to let Anderson go dragging away a member of this crew without permission. So I "trip" you know, while getting a wrench out and Anderson is gonna be letting go of us.

[Go aggro: let us go or face the wrenching consequences. [roll0]
    There's a lot of "ifs" and uncertainties in there, Miss. So let's make sure we know where we stand.

You sound the alarm, Andersen goes for his radio, when he's done you try to pull him off of Willow and he doesn't let go, so we've got this whole tug of war going on. We good?

Then, you fake-trip, get a wrench out, and what then? You're swinging at his head? His arm? Shouting in his face about how he needs to let go of that young lady or you'll boff him good?
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2016-04-14 at 02:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

There's a lot of "ifs" and uncertainties in there, Miss. So let's make sure we know where we stand.

You sound the alarm, Andersen goes for his radio, when he's done you try to pull him off of Willow and he doesn't let go, so we've got this whole tug of war going on. We good?

Then, you fake-trip, get a wrench out, and what then? You're swinging at his head? His arm? Shouting in his face about how he needs to let go of that young lady or you'll boff him good?
    None of that confrontational stuff. We're all holding onto each other, it's a tangle, and I'm working out my wrench when woops I swing it into his arm, right on the funny bone. You know, that spot around the elbow that makes the whole thing go numb? Unless, of course, he lets go of Willow to get out of the way. I'm sure he could handle that.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2016-04-14 at 04:26 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

23. - Top - End - #233

"Oh, I don't look anyone in the eye. I have people to do that for me."

A bright red dot appears on your hand, traces its way up your arm, and hovers excitedly over your chest.

"I do apologize if my previous offer was not to your liking. Let me make you another. You convince me you didn't mean what you said - because frankly, you've hurt my feelings, when I've been nothing but polite and accommodating - and that you're actually worth working with. Or, you keep walking until we tell you to stop, and you can wander blind through the jungle until the bounty hunters come to collect you."

"Or, I guess you can do something reckless, my associates shoot you, and we let interested parties know that taking you alive is now a limited-time offer. That's still on the table."
    Mrs. Snow smiled. "Finally. Oh my god, I thought it was going to take you forever to actually threaten me. See? Now we're getting somewhere. You have leverage now. You see?"

In her private opinion the laser light was as dumb as rocks move. All it did was blow her sniper's position and establish that this bitch had such weak guys that they couldn't even walk into an abandoned hospital and shove a gun in her face while she was still f*cking cuffed to a bed. Had these guys never shaken someone down before? Because here she was, at night, in a rainforest, surrounded by good cover, marked by only a single sniper.

And more to the point, what this rube didn't comprehend is that someone as high-tech and fancy as a red-dot sniper wasn't going to come into the jungle and squat in a bush for hours waiting for her if he didn't have a way out for himself. Screw wandering through the bush - she was going to jack his ride.

Plus she knew - she knew! - that they weren't going to shoot her. They wouldn't have gone through all this trouble if they could do that. Maybe wing her a bit to try and spook her but they'd hesitate and that'd be the opening she needed.

She made a sudden movement - feinting to the side to draw the shot - and then ran forwards at a shockingly fast pace, alien blood pumping through her system, covering the ground towards the sniper with blistering speed, hand growing talons and feathers as it scented battle was nigh.

[Presume this is acting under fire. Also following the advice of my earlier read a sitch, 2d6+4 = 11]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

"What in the ..." started Hall

Andersen doesn't let go of Willow. He pulls her closer, and fishes out his radio with the other hand. "All hands; report!"

A flurry of responses answer his call. Two names are missing. "Yang? Ramirez? Report!"

No response.

Andersen swears. "Everybody, get back to the ship. Now!" He takes off for the docking tunnel like a man possessed, dragging Willow behind him if he has to. Jane, you can still try and get his other arm, try to get him away from Willow, but his eyes are going wild and you can see a sidearm gleaming at his hip.

What do you do?

Harold, Aeron, over the blaring sirens you can hear some mighty agitated thumping coming from the room where your guests are all tied up. Sounds like they're done napping. What do you do?
    "JAAAAAAAAAANEEEE"

Hall's yell can carry through the ship in the best of times. One of those old captain'n kind of skills he's picked up over the years.

"Why's my ship explodin'?? And where in the sphincter' o'hell is everyone?"

As far as our two erstwhile captives are concerned, Hall just locks the door and heads off into the ship. The room they're in will serve well enough as a brig, and Aeron already got rid of all their guns.