Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 948
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Eberron Adventures

    The group had set off early in the morning with only a few rays of sunlight to brighten the dusty road. Orcbone was a good two day ride and every second of daylight counted. The magebread horses were saddled up for the riders escorting the animals and the rest of the horses were bridled together in a line with a member of House Vadalis leading the column. Off to the side a large and powerful brown bear loped along with a rider in a saddle on its back. Cecil the Grey of House Orien had been tasked to see to it the animals were delivered safely to Lord Veirner iríTajar. The message informed him that there had been evidence of bandit activity in the area so he had hired on what competent help he could find in the small town on short notice.

    As the sun fully rises above Eberron the warmth drives away the cool of the morning. It was still early in the summer season but the days felt hotter than the same time last year. The road twists through the small farms and ranches that fill the countryside. Beasts of burden drag watering carts across the fields under the watchful eyes of the landowners. A few wave and smile as you pass by. Shortly after midday the group stops to eat their lunch in the shade of a few old trees. The short reprieve from the saddle is refreshing even if the trail rations arenít. The two members of House Vidalis see to the care and feeding of the horses. Your meal is interrupted by a loud growl followed promptly by a shrill scream. The bear has risen up on its hind legs and swiped a massive paw across the handlerís chest leaving a mess of flesh, clothing, and blood in its wake. Screams of pain and terror mix as the man falls to the ground at the feet of the beast.

    EDIT: Initiative Order:
    Azmith
    Cecil
    Butch
    Nadeem
    Bear
    Wrench
    House Vadalis trainer
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-06-14 at 10:56 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    "Aw SHAVARATH!" Butch curses, springing to his feet. "The HORSES!!"

    Butch moves to the horses to control them.

    [spoiler]
    Initiative (1d20+2)[8]
    Move action up to 20' towards horses
    Action: Calm horses and lead away Skill Check Animal Handling (1d20+3)[23]
    [/quote]

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Spoiler
    Show
    DRAT messed up the formatting... sweet animal handling check though

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    The older man, voice calm but stern with the strenght of war, draws his large sword.

    "Butch," he calls, "Gather the others and keep the horses out of the way of that bear." He motions to the two strongest. "You two, with me."

    Cecil advances towards the beast, keeping his falchion between himself and the bear's claws... keeping a wary eye out for whatever might have spooked the ursine creature in the first place.

    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    "On it, Sir!" Butch exclaims, seizing the horse reigns. "Whoa girl... easy does it... I got you now... you're safe... come along now..."

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Nadeem

    Hold, let me try calming him before we fight. Nadeem moves foward slightly speaking softly in a calming manner while motioning to calm the bear.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wild Empathy Check: (1d20+2)[12]
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {how should we head our posts?}
    Azmirith

    Azmirith reacts quicker than seemed possilbe, Before Cecil, butch and Nadeem had a chance to speak. like a whisper, he says: Be seen striking your foe, and you shall be shown no mercy.. While he says this, his figure, still conceled witihin the hooded cloak slid, like a shadow in the night, to behind the bear, morningstar glistening in his hand.
    Spoiler
    Show

    move around bear(double move if necessary) so not to provoke AoO, and be behind the bear. Ready action to attak if bear strikes again.
    Last edited by KCiemir; 2007-06-12 at 07:05 PM.
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmith springs into action and moves quickly to position himself behind the massive bear. As he is moving towards the bear, Butch grabs the lead horse by it's reigns and quickly moves the train calmly away from the roaring predator. The horses follow his lead without struggling and are surprisingly calm despite the smell of blood in the air. Cecil yells out his orders while drawing his weapon. He takes a quick scan of the surroundings to see if something might have spooked the animal, but can't seem to find anything. As he is looking around Nadeem tries to placate the animal. His motions go unnoticed as the bear begins to tear into the man on the ground in front of him. The screams are quickly silenced as the bear rips the man's throat out with a single bite. It then turns to face the person standing behind him.
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-06-12 at 09:06 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {can Azmirith take the readyied action to attack the bear when it strikes at the guy on the ground? If so:}
    Open if readied attack is made, ignore if not
    Spoiler
    Show

    In his wispered voce, Azmirith says:You have oversteped your bounds!. As these words spring from his lips, the morningstar comes down at the bear. [roll=attack]1d20+4[/rpll], EDIT=mispelled . damage= (1d8+3)[9]
    Last edited by KCiemir; 2007-06-12 at 07:16 PM.
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Attack roll
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+4)[19]
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {OOC Azmuth didn't declare a readied action till after I posted, so I'm going to say it took a double move to get behind the bear without provoking an AoO. You will, however, attack when it is your turn to act next round with the same rolls, if you wish.}

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {Mac, my PM box is full so i can't reply. For future private stuff, use spoilers.}

    Wrench

    Wrench, given no orders, looks around, feeling rather lost. Fortunately for him, his confusion leads to a discovery. He points to a farmer in the field about 100 ft away saying "Sir! Over there!"

    Seeing that the person appears to be in concentration, as if maintaining a spell, Wrench tries to identify the spell being used.

    Spellcraft - (1d20+7)[18]

    If he identifies the spell as an aggressive spell, or the cause of the bear turning on its master, Wrench will draw a scroll of Magic Missile and cast it, targeting the farmer, hoping more to disrupt the spell rather than to cause death.

    If he can't identify the spell, or if its a spell that isn't aggressive, Wrench will delay until he receives orders from Cecil.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-12 at 08:32 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench studies the man he pointed out who is watching the events intently, and while he is pretty sure that there is something magical going on with the man, he isn't sure exactly what it is. The House Vidalis trainer who is standing runs over to Butch and takes the reigns from him. He is out of breath from the short sprint, but manages to wheeze out a few words."I'll take these guys for ya." Azmuth, seeing the animal continue to attack the downed man swings his morningstar into the thick hide of the beast. It gives a growl of pain as a bone gives way to the pressure.

    Mappage Round 2:


    Initiative Order:
    Azmith (already gone) (Red Circle)
    Cecil (Blue Circle)
    Butch (Dark Green Circle)
    Nadeem (Orangish Circle)
    Bear (Big Brown Circle)
    Wrench (Light Green Circle)
    House Vidalis trainer (Purpel Circle)

    {Azmith, I assumed you wanted to attack. If you don't let me know and I can modify this post. All, click on the map to get a bigger version. I didn't have time to add letters and numbers for the grid, but assume the following convention..Left side top to bottom is alphabet A,B,C,D, ect. Top side left to right is numbers 1,2,3,4 ect. So Azmith is in square B3.}
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-06-12 at 09:33 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {OOC: You need to tell us which colors represent which person.}
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    BUTCH

    Butch quickly looks back to the bear as he runs his hand over his bow, still attached to the saddle. Seeing the others already engaged, he draws out his scythe instead. Handing off the reigns, he directs the Vadalis trainer, "Go, get them to safety. We'll handle this."

    He turns, ready to charge the beast and shouts, "It's tasted human blood! We must put it down!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Action: Draw scythe
    Move Action: Manipulate item: Hand off horses

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    "Good catch, Wrench!" Cecil barks approvingly. "See what he's up to, will ye?" The aging courier places himself directly opposite Azmith and swings his falchion two-handed. A silent prayer to the Host to protect him passes his lips as he places himself in harm's way.

    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench

    Wrench says to Cecil "He's concentrating on a spell of some sort. I can't tell which one. Should I try to stop him?"

    If Cecil says to stop him, Wrench will draw the Magic Missile scroll and use it on the farmer. Otherwise, Wrench will run towards the man and ask him "What are you doing there?"
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    "Go find out what he's doing. If he runs away, stop him."
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Quote Originally Posted by MandibleBones View Post
    Cecil

    "Go find out what he's doing. If he runs away, stop him."
    {OOC: ok, not doing the magic missile thing. running up to the guy.}
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac
    {Azmith, I assumed you wanted to attack.
    Thats fine, Azmirith attacks
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Nadeem

    Moving forward across from Azmith Nadeem attacks the frenzied animal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+5)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5]
    ((Sorry about the delay, I had forgotten to subscribe to this thread. that has been fixed))
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Spoiler
    Show
    Critical confirmation roll: (1d20+5)[19]
    Extra damage: (1d6+2)[6]
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil gives the warforged it's instructions before he returns his attention to the more pressing matter of a raging bear. Moving withing arms reach of the animal the veteran warrior swings his falchion in a wide arc across the bear's exposed flank. What should have been a massive gash is instead a small scratch that didn't even cut through the thick hide of fur.

    Wrench, having received his orders, begins to run off after a strange human to the east that is watching the fight. His adamantine body leaves deep imprints in the earth as his massive body lumbers forward towards the man. He calls out to him, "What are you doing there?". The farmer does not take his focus off the fight, but manages to respond. "I'm watching the show. My money is on the bear." Despite his lack of understanding when it comes to the actions of humans, or any organic creatures at all, the warforged finds the comment to be lacking sincerity.

    Butch draws his weapon as the trainer takes the horses from him. He watches as the elf Nadeem swings his double bladed staff in a powerful reverse thrust that plunges the blade into the bear's back several inches deep. As he pulls the weapon out a fine mist of blood sprays through the open wound. The bear had been focused on it's first attacker, Azmirith. He swings a massive paw across his chest that tears through his armor and leaves three crimson trails starting at Azmirith's left should and traveling down to his abdomen. Azmirith retains his wits and deftly avoids the left paw that reaches out to grab him and the ferocious maw that closes inches from his throat. Seeing the bear wrecking havoc, the House Vadalis trainer leads the horses to a nearby tree where he begins to tie them up.

    For Azmirith
    Spoiler
    Show
    you take 12pts of damage

    For Wrench
    Spoiler
    Show
    somehow you passed your sense motive. He's up to something


    Round 3 Init Order
    Azmirith
    Cecil
    Wrench
    Butch
    Nadeem
    Bear
    House Vadalis Trainer

    Map is up. Please note that I had to shift things a bit since wrench started to go off the map. I hope it doesn't cause too much problems. For reference, the farmer is currently located at B,-15 (fifteen spaces off the map to the left in row B).



    Edit: added spoilers, clarified text, fixed misspelling, added mappage
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-06-14 at 10:58 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch takes off at full speed heading for the battle. His scythe blade swaying dangerously as he moves. "I'm coming SIR!" he yells. As he gets close, Butch brings his weapon to position and starts to make his final approach.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Full round action: Run (x4)
    Start: M1720
    End: B69
    Total distance 11 diagonal squares.. 16 total move.
    Spoiler
    Show

    This always seems to happen to me... getting stuck out of the fight waiting for an elevator or some other thing.

    Last edited by Citizen Joe; 2007-06-14 at 09:46 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    Seeing his sword has no effect, Cecil takes a step back to clear himself from the bear's paws. Concentrating, he extends his hand, where a glowing ball of green light appears. The light shudders as if charging, and as he calls out a work in the language of magic, the ball streaks towards the bear.

    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Nadeem

    Taking his early success as a good sign Nadeem shifts his grip and sends both ends of his blade slashing across his enemy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack1: (1d20+3)[7]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5]

    Attack 2(1d20+3)[6]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench
    HP: 13/13
    AC: 19(vt:11 ff:18)


    Wrench draws the scroll of Magic Missile, and says to the 'farmer' "Release whatever spell you are maintaining, or else!"

    Wrench then readies himself to cast the spell and target the farmer, if he does not comply with the demand.

    Magic Missile Damage - (1d4+1)[2]
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Use Magic Device to activate MM Scroll - (1d20+10)[18]

    DC = 21

    Edit: Using an action point to emulate the Feat Skill Focus(Use Magic Device). Grants a +3 bonus to the skill check for a total of 21 exactly.

    5 action points left.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-14 at 12:42 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmirith 4/16 HP

    The deep gash across his chest didnt dull his wits a bit, and he soon realized his mistake. In order to avoid any more attacks, he focuses for a spil second, and with a swish of the cloths on his back, he disapears. {if he can still take AOOs when invisible, this is withdraw, not sure on rules}
    Spoiler
    Show

    use 1 ki power to use ghost step, invisible. Azmirith will be invisible untill the beginning of his initiative again. it is a swift action that does not provoke AoO
    He will move (or withdraw, if AoO still aplies) to F4 (west to B4, south to F4 for 30 ft), and drop his morningstar (free) and if it was not a withdraw action, draw his crossbow (move) effectivly making this a double move round.
    Last edited by KCiemir; 2007-06-14 at 06:02 PM.
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    "Soveriegns and Six, Azmirith, I absolutely forbid you to die," Cecil barks. "That's an order!"
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •