New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron Adventures

Cecil

"Sounds like a plan to me," he says, rubbing his tired arms and gesturing to his falchion, again strapped to his back. "It's been a while since I've had to swing this thing around more than once." He heads to bed after cleaning up.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.
    Homebrew 3.5 base class: The Iron Chef

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Butch

Butch stops Caskin in his tracks. "Hold on. You've still got a couple hours before your shift is up. I'll spell you after a quick nap."

Butch takes some time to reposition his bow and quivers and then passes some time honing his scythe until he comes down from the battle rush. With a big yawn, he sets aside his weapon and crawls into the tent with Cecil.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

Threshkor

"Indeed, you do look rather bloody" He says to Azmirith. He then folds his hands as he says a little prayer and then extends his hands over Azmirith's wounds.

{OOC- Burning Magic Weapon for another Cure light wounds.}

Healing - (1d8+3)[6]
    I have a +1 from Healing Domain ability
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

Caskin

Narrowing, then rolling his eyes, Caskin grudgingly replies in the affirmative. "Two hours. Don't get into a good dream I'll have to wake you out of. You know how annoying that is." By now, it'd probably been forgotten, but Caskin still seemed to harbor a bit of ire over Butch's waking him from such a nice dream back at the rest stop.

Finding a reasonably comfortable spot, he leans back against a sizable rock--the sort that eventually grows into a boulder if it eats all its vegetables--and keeps himself busy by staring at the clearing's mouth. He'd much rather be in Wroat, at the Silver Cowl, having a nice glass of wine, resting his head against the bosom of one of the fine lasses that called the place home.

He rubbed his temples lightly in pale imitation of the soft fingers of one particular girl.... The rock he threw ricocheted against others a few times before coming to a silent rest somewhere out there in the darkness.

"Feh."

5. - Top - End - #395

Butch

Butch stirs a couple hours later. He crawls slowly out of the tent so as not to wake Cecil.

"Help me suit up?" he asks quietly of Caskin. As he dons his chainmail, he quietly asks about Azmirith. "How is Azzy? did he seem alert? I'm worried that the blood loss may put him down for good."

After suited up, Butch relieves Caskin. A quick patrol of the perimeter and he returns to the fire.

"Hey Wrench. I don't want to distract you from your work, but I'd like to put a little thought into the back of your head. I've got these three quiver for different arrows. The brown fletchings are regular, black are cold iron tipped, and the white ones are silver tipped. With the bow, that all gets a little bit unwieldy, especially with my scythe. Do you think you could make a harness for all that? Maybe even encase the bow and have a flap to keep water out of my fletchings."

With a sigh, he pulls an arrow from its quiver. "I was thinking too that other heads might be attached for other uses. Like a sunrod for light or a thunderstone. Actually, if that sunrod arrow could slow its descent, it would make for a wonderful signal. Still need a way of activating it without it actually striking something though. Hmm... Anyway if you could come up with a way of attaching things to arrows without ruining their accuracy, that would be a lot of help."

He gives his scythe a little whirl. "You may have noticed that I keep my scythe in harvesting configuration. Soldiers typically use reconfigured scythes where the blade is extended straight out. Personally, I'm used to the harvest style, but I was wondering if you could make one where the blade could be repositioned so that it could be folded back for easy carrying, out for harvesting, and then fully extended for better reach."

6. - Top - End - #396

Caskin

Caskin hops to his feet, when Butch signals to him. He plays squire and helps Butch into his armor.

"I was rather preoccupied staring at nothing for the last two hours. He didn't make any strange noises, so I suspect he's alright, unless...I'm sure he'll be alright with a bit of help from Threshkor."

He rubs one eye with a knuckle and says, "Alright, I'm going to kiss my bedroll for a while. I'm not used to all this hiking and such." He turns and heads to Cecil's tent, waving over his head for Butch's benefit.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azmirith

After the battle, and especially after threshkor's healing, Azmirith seems ready to do his guard duty. Once he sits, however, he realizes how tired the loss of blood made him. he moves his back against a small mound of dirt, and found himself in a half-sleeping state. Holding his hands against the wound, he loses track of time. By the time Butch comes out of the tent for his watch, Azmirith is sound asleep.
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

8. - Top - End - #398

Butch

Butch spends the next couple hours practicing with his scythe out beyond the fire, fighting with the shadows. As the fire starts to dim, Butch returns to fire and drinks deeply from his waterskin.

"OK, Wrench, looks like the fire's dying down. I'm going to fire up a sunrod and check over the escarpment to see if the survivors have a fire themselves. Hey, Azzy. Heads up, I'm going up top for a moment... Azzy..."

Butch frowns and hurries to Azmirith's side. Shaking him lightly, "Azzy, wake up. Wrench, wake Brother Threshkor, I think Azzy has gone into shock. How long has he been like this?"

9. - Top - End - #399

Caskin

A sleeping Caskin rolls over and mutters, "You...you can't do that! It was...just...just once...mamrmmaph...." and a foot kicks weakly under his cover. A hand then runs across his face, distorting his features, and he's quiet again, eyes moving rapidly beneath the lids.

10. - Top - End - #400

Wrench

After overhearing Butch's query about Azmirith, Wrench tries to enlighten the poor boy, who must know nothing at all about the properties of magical healing. "Mr. Butch, you have no need to worry about Azmirith. Even with the most minor of healing magics, the body is mended of its most serious injuries, and will recover fully, given enough time. And Threshkor didn't even use the most minor of spells.

Azmirith may still be in pain, but he will live and recover fully, as long as he suffers no further damage."

When he is asked about the equipment, Wrench spends a few moments contemplating the request. Finally, he answers "I know of a certain type of quiver, very similar to the haversack we were loaned. I don't have the ability to create one myself, yet, but I believe with some practice I can eventually master it. {OOC: See Efficient Quiver}

As for specially tipped arrows, I have the ability to create such an item now. I would take a standard arrow, and use an infusion to wreath it in flames, and then another to enchant it with a Feather Fall effect. It would only take me a few minutes to prepare such an item. Although I still have misgivings about taking such an action. I would really prefer that we attempt to find the crash site without giving away our presence first. If I know ahead of time that you want an arrow for a special purpose, I can infuse it for almost any general purpose, the same way I infused my pen with the ability to act as a wand for animal speech.

And that idea for a collapsable scythe sounds interesting. I'll see what I can come up with, although I must admit, my skill with armor is much better than my skill with weapon crafting."

Wrench takes out a few scraps of paper and begins drawing out crude designs for the scythe.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-09-02 at 07:29 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

11. - Top - End - #401

Butch

During the discussion about his gear, Butch replies, "Oh no... I didn't mean right away. I was just thinking like later on. We've been hard up for down time since we left Shavalant. Maybe after we finish this mission we could work out the details. I've been thinking about training some dogs to help with guarding and tracking."

After Wrench's consolation about Azmirith, Butch looks to Azmirith with some concern. "Are you sure? He looks a bit pale. Well its time for Brother Threshkor to relieve him anyway." Cupping some water in his hands, he splashes Azmirith's face. "Azzy! Wake up! Wake up! It's time to go to bed."

12. - Top - End - #402

{OOC: Are you trying to out-stupid Wrench? Because waking someone up to tell them to go to bed is a stroke of genius if so. I commend you, and I will certainly get you back for it.}

Wrench

Wrench watches the changing of the guard with detatched interest. "I'll have to remember that humans prefer to be awoken with water in the face next time we sleep." he says to himself.
    The Tangled Web

13. - Top - End - #403

Butch

After the shift change, Butch strikes up a sunrod and circles up and around to the cliff at the west end of the camp. Covering the sunrod with his helmet so as to limit the spread of the light, he makes his way to the ridge and scans the horizon for some light. He carefully sights any interesting features and etches the bearings into the ground. Satisfied with his scan, he makes his way back into the camp to discuss his findings with Wrench and Threshkor.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot Check: take 20

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azmirith

As the water spashes him in the face, he starts. Oi! what are you doing? can't you let a man sleep? Ugh. Well, I guess my shif is over. I suppose that i will retire. He gets up, walks to one of the tents with an empty space, and crawls in, letting himself drift back to sleep.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

Threshkor

Being awoken by Butch he slowly gets out of bed and stretches his arms out and says a little prayer for the day. Seeing Azmirith wake up he turns toward him
    "Good Morning Azmirith, Did you manage to sleep well?"
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406

Butch

Butch holds the water bucket out to Threshkor as the wet faced Azmirith goes to bed. "We're gonna need more water, Brother Threshkor," he says innocently. Setting down the bucket, he continues. "No hurry of course. But we should refill the skins in the morning and if we can refill the bucket again at the end of the day tomorrow, that would be handy. We might find survivors tomorrow and they'll be in desperate need of food and water, so that's another good reason."

17. - Top - End - #407

As Butch returns to camp, the morning sunlight beams over the horizon and begins to warm the rocks along the mountains. The ramains of the two beasts you killed have attraced a few bugs and such, but no major predator has found them, yet. Wrench appears to have repaired the damage caused by the acidic fangs of the creatures, and while Azmirith's wounds seems to have been fully healed by Threshkor's magic, he feels a bit woozy this morning and has a splitting headache.

For Butch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Butch was able to not a few landmarks for use in navigating the mountains, but little else of value in spotting the airship.
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-09-04 at 03:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408

Butch

"Alright, Mr. Cecil. I spotted some landmarks up on the ridge. We can use those to reference off the map and get our bearings. I think we want to head for that peak over there. It should be an easy landmark until we reach the base of the mountain. I think the airship went down in that area."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Cecil

Cecil bounces out of bed as if he'd never been asleep. He scans the area Butch just pointed out, then nods. "I agree," he says, than looks to the others. "Any dissenting opinions this morning? Speak now - I'll listen to any other ideas, but we should head out quickly. We're burning daylight."

20. - Top - End - #410

Wrench

"As long as we can get a look at the valley, I have no objections."
    The Tangled Web

21. - Top - End - #411

Caskin

Caskin looks fairly well rested, and his hair has come through nicely, pointing in many directions at once, just the way he seems to like it.

He looks in the direction Butch indicates, and says, "Yes, I was going to suggest that very thing. Or close enough"

He goes and gathers up his few items, stowing them in his pack and appears ready to hike. Not happy, but ready.
    Last edited by Velvet Elvis; 2007-09-05 at 11:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412

Butch

Butch collects the tripline, coiling it back up and storing it back in its kit. Gathering the waterskins, he prepares them for Threshkor's water spell. While he waits, Butch inventories the supplies and then carefully packs the tents and supplies back into the wonderpacks.

Butch ponders a moment and then suggests a marching order. "Alright, as I figure it, we've still got a day's march before we're close enough to even search. So, I'll take the lead with Wrench. Mr. Cecil and Brother Threshkor can follow behind us, keeping an eye on our landmarks. I want Azzy and Mr. Caskin in the back for ranged support. We won't be going too fast, since Wrench and I are slowed down by our gear, so the rest of you shouldn't have any problems keeping up. Mr. Caskin, make sure you keep an eye on Azmirith, we don't want him falling behind. Azzy, don't be shy about drinking water, I know haven't recovered fully from last night, but we need you to keep up. Unless someone has a better suggestion."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

Threshkor

As Butch holds out the buckets, Threshkor folds his hands and closes his eyes and whispers a small prayer to the Host. Moments later the buckets fill with water. "Will this be enough, Butch?"
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azmirith

Still looking tired from the night before, Azmirith rises from bed quickly, though he clearly was asleep. He gazes out at the land they arrived in. In a few seconds, he has his personal gear ready to go. "Butch, Don't worry about me. I can handle some walking. I only hope we see some sign of the airship soon. If some enemy group can shoot the thing out of the sky, I would hate to see what they could do to us...

As the group gets ready to head out, Azmirith will take his crossbow out of his pack, and prepare it for easy use.

25. - Top - End - #415

ooc: everone go ahead and make spot roles and tell me what they are going to be doing while traveling in the direction Butch mentioned to find the airship. Marching order would also be appreceated. Feel free to RP as well as just provide the rolls.

26. - Top - End - #416

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac View Post
    ooc: everone go ahead and make spot roles...
    My spot role would be a street-smart, spunky dog, who struggles internally with his longing for a real home, and his desire to maintain his freedom. I've got an opening for two supporting cast members... a snarky cat, who always plays it cool, but underneath that frosty exterior, feels a strong bond with her two companions... and an older world-weary fatherly dog, who looks out for the younger pup and kit as they travel to find their lost family of human owners.

What? Not that kind of role? Well crap... moving on.

Wrench

Wrench spends his time thinking about that weapon Butch was talking about, and what process would be needed to make it work. The simplest design he can come up with is a a hinged blade with a few peg-holes and a lynch-pin to hold it in place. The problem is that it wouldn't be as sturdy as a normal Scythe. Wrench considers how he could reinforce the blade's attachments.

At the same time, he tries to keep an eye out for any wildlife who might be approachable enough to use to ask about the airship. Any birds who are close enough to target with the spell would be ideal.

Spot - (1d20-2)[15]
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-09-05 at 02:21 PM.
    The Tangled Web

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azmirith

Following up towards the rear, Azmirith spends his time looking out over the landscape, trying to learn as much as he can about each new area as it arrives, in case a fight breaks out. As he walks, he carries his crossbow in his hand, with ten bolts in a quiver at his side.

[spot]1d20+5[/roll] Gosh i feel stupid

[ooc]can I make listen checks for anything sneaking up on us?[/ooc]
    Last edited by KCiemir; 2007-09-05 at 03:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

spot roll
    (1d20+5)[13]

29. - Top - End - #419

Butch

Spoiler
    Show

SpotCheck - (1d20)[16]

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Cecil

The old soldier walks alongside Wrench, looking casually all around and quietly humming an old Brelish marching song. The words may originally have been patriotic, but the few words Cecil murmurs in conjunction with the tune seem downright obscure - as if the song had been rewritten several times before this rendition.