New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron Adventures

Cecil

"Wrench, why don't you hit me and yourself with the armor boosters, since we both tend to find ourselves in melee more often than planned. Save the weapon for just before we hit combat - boost yourself if you need to, or Butch if he plans to use that scythe of his."

He looks around. "Caskin, can I assume you want to get a few rounds off at range before we close for melee?" He looks to the cleric. "And what's your plan, Master T?"
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.
    Homebrew 3.5 base class: The Iron Chef

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Butch

Butch scans the mountains around the opening and then peers back through the pass they came through. "Hey Wrench. You got any magics that might bring down some rubble to block the pass?" He turns about quickly, "Woah. Not right now, I mean as a way to block pursuers."

"We could send a team to recon the perimeter while another works on a plan to cover our escape."

3. - Top - End - #483

Wrench

"I could possible create something to cover our escape, but by the time it was finished, the battle would be long over. Would you like me to enhance your Scythe when we near the field of battle? My armor plating is sufficient for my needs."

Wrench will Approach Cecil and spends a few seconds weaving magic into his existing armor. When he finishes, Cecil can feel a protect force enhancing his gear. Wrench then begins working on the infusion to enhance his own offensive might. He prepares a Bane infusion, but holds the charge for now, so he can complete it and begin its effective duration once they get closer to the battle.

{OOC: Cecil, your armor is now effectively +1 armor. Lasts for 2 hours.}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-09-11 at 01:51 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

4. - Top - End - #484
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azmirith

After leading the rest of the group to this point, Azmirith looks at wrench, and replies Wrench, Of course i shall scout. Will you be remaining here, or making camp elsewhere? I do not know how far off it is, so i want to be prepared.
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

5. - Top - End - #485

Wrench

"The decision is not mine, but I would suggest we follow your trail as close as we can without risking detection, and then let you move in for closer examination, while we wait behind."

He looks to Cecil for approval.
    The Tangled Web

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Cecil

Cecil nods. "Do it," he says, pausing to rub down the sides of the blade of his falchion with dust to hide the glint of sunlight. He looks apologetically at the sword as he does so.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azmirith

Looking at Cecil and wrench, he says "Im off" And with that, he swiftly but silently decends the trail.

[ooc:let me know if I need to make move silently and hide rolls, or if you will]
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

8. - Top - End - #488
    Barbarian in the Playground

Caskin

Caskin listens to Wrench detail some of the various items he is able to produce, and is suitably impressed. When he begins to wax on the topic of magical signatures and related concepts, he politely listened attentively and quietly. He was unlikely to learn anything new on this topic, but there was always a chance. But not this time. His perspective was more mundane than his own, more academic, but that wasn't a surprise. Warforged minds are generally geared that way; some say, literally.

When he finally finishes, Caskin says, "Excellent. Actually, I'm looking to ensure I have a replacement for one of my favorite toys." He produces from his belt, a small carved wooden stick, and says, "Prestidigitation. A very simple spell, but I find it comforting to have it available. Very utilitarian. This one has plenty of energy left, but I'll need a replacement eventually." As quickly as he brandished it, the wand was slipped back into one of the row of narrow cylindrical sheaths built into his belt.

"Let's talk more later, when things settle down a bit," he says amiably.

~*~

Cecil says, "Caskin, can I assume you want to get a few rounds off at range before we close for melee?"

Caskin considers for a moment, before replying. "Depending on where they are when we catch sight of them, I might have a special treat in store. I'll know when Azmirith reports back."
    Last edited by Velvet Elvis; 2007-09-12 at 05:25 AM.

9. - Top - End - #489

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
    Caskin

Caskin listens to Wrench detail some of the various items he is able to produce, and is suitably impressed. When he begins to wax on the topic of magical signatures and related concepts, he politely listened attentively and quietly. He was unlikely to learn anything new on this topic, but there was always a chance. But not this time. His perspective was more mundane than his own, more academic, but that wasn't a surprise. Warforged minds are generally geared that way; some say, literally.

When he finally finishes, Caskin says, "Excellent. Actually, I'm looking to ensure I have a replacement for one of my favorite toys." He produces from his belt, a small carved wooden stick, and says, "Prestidigitation. A very simple spell, but I find it comforting to have it available. Very utilitarian. This one has plenty of energy left, but I'll need a replacement eventually." As quickly as he brandished it, the wand was slipped back into one of the row of narrow cylindrical sheaths built into his belt.

"Let's talk more later, when things settle down a bit," he says amiably.
    Wrench

While Azmirith goes about his business, and Wrench waits for Cecil to give the order for the rest of them to move out, he chats idly with Caskin. "I bet that is quite handy. I must ask though, how do you activate it? Are you particularly skilled with activating magical items, or do you have a natural ability to cast that spell, which allows you to use any wand?"

{OOC: Do you active via UMD or do you have the spell on your spell list?"}
    The Tangled Web

10. - Top - End - #490

Butch

Butch holds out his bow and scythe. "Mr. Cecil, do you want me on point or fire support?"

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Cecil

Cecil points at the scythe. "Point's worked for you so far, Butch, let's 'stick' with that," he grins. He resumes counting. "One thirty seven, one thirty eight..."

When he gets to 200, he gets up. "Time to go," he says.

12. - Top - End - #492

Butch

Butch puts away his bow and starts heading down the switchback with his scythe at the ready.

13. - Top - End - #493

Caskin

Wrench: "I bet that is quite handy. I must ask though, how do you activate it? Are you particularly skilled with activating magical items, or do you have a natural ability to cast that spell, which allows you to use any wand?"

"Let's just say I have more of a knack with these sorts of objects, than I have with the spells themselves. That particular one's a snap, but I've had a few...surprises with certain others. None of which I still own--too stubborn, for me to figure out. I'm left only with less than fond memories." The last words are slightly wistful, and accompanied by an idle hand rubbing the side of his head.

At Cecil's acquisition of the number two-hundred, Caskin perks up, saying, "Ahh, time to render the foe into quivering, incoherent huddled masses begging for mercy, or something else suitably dramatic."

Caskin immediately falls into line, no longer the insouciant and slightly apathetic man he was during the trek leading to this point. He seems eager and alert, and even his hair has calmed down in respect of the situation.

His handy crossbow is brought forth and quickly prepared for use.
    Last edited by Velvet Elvis; 2007-09-13 at 05:18 AM.

14. - Top - End - #494

Wrench

Wrench nods to Caskin as he explains and when the time is right, he heads down the trail.

When they reach the midpoint, Wrench will moves closer to Butch. "Better let me see your weapon now so you are ready when we reach the bottom." Assuming Butch is agreeable, Wrench will take a moment to infuse the Scythe with magical energy. He holds the weapon delicately in his hands, focusing on the strands of magical energy that he needs to tie together to bring more power and accuracy to the weapon. When he finally returns the weapon, it has a soft green glow along the blade. The color exactly matches the green light that shines from Wrench's eyes.

"There you are. Use it wisely."

{OOC: @Caskin - I'm guessing that means you use UMD?
    @Butch - Your scythe now has a temporary +1 bonus to attack and damage.}
    The Tangled Web

15. - Top - End - #495

Caskin

On the way down, Caskin says in a quiet voice just loud enough for the trio to hear, "If it comes to a combat situation, I think I'm going to make use of a little trick I picked up while traveling through the Demon Wastes last summer. So, if you suddenly see a swarm of little critters pop up, they'll be mine. Takes some tact to make 'em do what I want, but I think I've got it down pretty well."

After a few moments of quiet descent, he sidles up to Cecil and adds, "Oh, and if we get the jump on anything you deem worthy of beating on, let me send my pets in first, especially if we can get around a corner and out of direct sight. With proper finesse, it's possible to make our enemy have a bad day without even having to see the reds of their eyes." He gains a somewhat devilish look, and winks to underscore the shrewdness of his plan.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Asmodeus - Yes, UMD.

16. - Top - End - #496

The switchback looks like it hasn't been used in ages, plants have overgrown the path and what parts are not covered by vegetation have loose rocks and a pile of thin sand over them. Whoever used this was defiantly smaller than the bulky warforged who has to walk down slowly in order to keep his balance in places where the switchback has been worn down to little more than a thin ledge. Butch, who is leading the party down into the chasm, waits patiently for Wrench so as to not split the party up. His infusions have proved to be useful already, as Cecil notes that his new armor feels easier to move in.

Once the party reaches the bottom of the chasm, the tightness of the space begins to set in. While the landing is about 100ft wide, the walls quickly narrow down to a small opening no more than 10 feet across. The walls are rough and jagged in spots with head sized stones fallen from them embedded into the ground at various intervals. The vegetation overhead provides a cool shade from the sun above, but makes it difficult to see to far at the floor of the chasm. There seems to be an almost eerie quiet down here, broken every now and then by a howling gust of wind as it winds through the canyon.

17. - Top - End - #497

Butch

Butch sighs like a condemned man heading off to the gallows. "Anyone got some chalk so we can mark our path?"

18. - Top - End - #498

Caskin

"Any particular color? Chalk is very handy; multiple colors make them even handier. I've got...let's see...red, white, black, green and blue." Caskin looks back to Butch for his decision.

19. - Top - End - #499

Butch

"I don't care. White? Whatever is most visible. Just mark the walls so we don't get lost."

20. - Top - End - #500

Wrench

Wrench turns to Caskin. "Aren't you of the House of Finding? How do you normally avoid getting lost? Surely you have more advanced methods than simple chalk?"
    The Tangled Web

21. - Top - End - #501

Butch

"Umm, Wrench... Farm boy here... I'm the one that doesn't want to get lost... no fancy magicking please. Keep it nice as simple."

He looks around "Anyone see Azzy?"
    Last edited by Citizen Joe; 2007-09-15 at 06:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502

Wrench

"Well, I certainly hope not. He wouldn't be a very good scout if everyone saw him coming."
    The Tangled Web

23. - Top - End - #503
    Orc in the Playground

Threshkor

Threshkor takes a break from meditating and decides to join into the conversation.

"Is Azmirith supposed to be back soon?"
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

24. - Top - End - #504

Butch

"I thought we were going to meet him at the bottom."

25. - Top - End - #505

Caskin

"Yes, it's true I'm a son of House Thrashkor, but I..." he stalls a bit, looking thoughtful, then points a finger to emphasize the rest, "I found my own path. Yes, that's a good way to put it. The chalk is just a convenience. I generally don't get lost because I become very familiar with where I'm going before I go there. Unfortunately, I was rather suddenly yanked from where I was to come and lend a hand with this task, and it must be fairly clear by now, I haven't been in this particular area before. If it becomes necessary, I can find our way back."

He casts a few glances at the path being followed, and grabs a small smooth-sided stone, while drawing a dagger. As he scratches a series of arcane-looking symbols on the smooth surface, he says, "This is as good a spot as any to mark. If we can get back here, we can get out, nuk puk." Returning the dagger to its sheath, Caskin stares at the etched symbols for a few moments, then tucks the stone in behind a larger one at the side of the path.

"All set. Now, I think we were going to follow Azmirith at a certain distance...wasn't that the plan?"

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Cecil

"It is," he says, continuing to do so.

27. - Top - End - #507

Butch

"Well, there is only one path. So he had to go that way. If we are following him, then we need to continue on that path until we reach a choice. He should be waiting there to tell us which way to go."

Butch moves for the narrowed opening. "I'm pretty sure I'm about to get ambushed or trapped, so you guys might want to stay back a little bit. Just keep me in sight as I proceed."

Butch walks cautiously into the opening down the straight run. At the bends, he checks around the corners before waving the rest of the group to his position.

28. - Top - End - #508

Caskin

Shrugging off Cecil's terse reply, Caskin bears an eye toward Butch's back as he advances.

29. - Top - End - #509

The group makes it's way down the winding passage carefully. Butch halts at a few points when he feels the hairs on the back of his neck stick up, but it turns out to be nothing. The group comes to an opening about 40 to 50ft in diameter. There are two main paths leading out from here, one to the north (The direction of the crash site for ease of description) and one to the west. There is a large (~6ft) boulder off to the east by the wall. In the middle of the room is Azmirith, waiting on the party to arrive.

30. - Top - End - #510

Butch

Butch holds up his fist at the opening, halting abruptly. He waves to Azmirith to get his attention.

With Azmirith looking, Butch points to Azmirith, then points at his own eyes and then points at the west passage. He holds up one finger, then two fingers then makes a circle with his hand. Holding out all his fingers, he brings them down, one at a time with about a one second increments. He then swirls his finger around in front of himself pointing down and then points to the north passage.

Touching his hand to his own chest, Butch points to the west passage and then holds his fist up again.

Jerking his thumb back towards the rest of the group, he points at the north passage and again holds his fist up again.

Finally, he gives a nod to Azmirith.

Butch waves over the rest of the group. "I sent Azzy to scout the west passage. Brother Threshkor, you're with me. We'll secure the passage until he returns. Mr. Cecil, you and Wrench secure the north passage. Mr. Caskin, search this chamber for any other threats."