Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 948
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmirith disappears from sight to the amazement of all. Soft footfalls lead away from the animal as another member of the groups retreats from the animal as well. Cecil takes a short step back and calls forth energy arcane. A spray of foul smelling liquid springs form his hands and lands on the bear, singeing it's hide and burning away it's flesh where ever the liquid touches.

    Wrench stops his advance on the farmer as he draws forth one of the many scrolls he carries. As the man continues to maintain whatever spell he is focusing on Wrench begins to read the arcane words on the parchment. For some reason, now that his associates are in danger, it is more difficult to concentrate on bringing forth the arcane energy stored within the scroll. He feels the magic slipping away and redoubles his focus in order to produce the projectile of force that he sends towards the man. The man stumbles as the missile strikes him in his chest. He extends his hands to keep from falling and maintains his balance, but Wrench can tell that his effort was not in vain. The man has clearly lost whatever spell he was focusing on. He yells out, "Some other time you imperial dogs!" He then starts to run away from Wrench into the surrounding farmland.

    The Bear screams in rage as it has lost it's prey and felt it's skin melt away all at once. It turns towards the nearest victim who happens to be holding a double scimitar drenched in it's blood. The bear strikes a frightful figure as it raises up to its full height before descending down on top of Nadeem. The elf tries valiantly to ward of the attack with wide slashes using both blades but to no avail. The bear lands on top of the elf with a sickening thud. The elf lets out a scream as his rib bones collapse underneath the weight of the massive creature. As the creature moves forward to keep the elf pinned, Cecil sees an opening to attack the distracted bear. He lets his anger power his mighty falchion down and into the left shoulder of the bear. It cuts deep into the joint, severing muscle and tendons alike.

    Having secured the animals the group was charged with delivering, Butch runs towards the melee as fast as he can manage, but is still a few feet away when the elf falls. He can see the life slowly fading from the elf's eyes as the beast holds him down.

    For Nadeem
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take 10pts of damage from the blow, and are now grappled. You failed your opposed grapple check and so take another 11 points of damage. that leaves you at -9. I'll allow you to spend an action point to auto stabilize if you want to do that.


    For Cecil
    Spoiler
    Show
    I went ahead and rolled the AoO for you when I noticed you got one for the bear moving to maintian a grapple. You did 11points of damage


    Mappage:


    Edit: Added AoO for Cecil that I noticed when making the map, map is up
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-06-14 at 07:55 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch glances to his blade to make sure it is in position and then turns back to the bear. Seeing only blood where Azmirith once stood, he yells out, "By the gods! This fell demon has swallowed Azzie whole." He starts moving in and shouts to Cecil, "Sir! we can still flank it! Find me an opening and I'll cut our friend out of its belly!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Action: delaying until Cecil 'finds me an opening'
    Move: Heading towards C65
    Last edited by Citizen Joe; 2007-06-14 at 08:19 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Nadeem

    ((Using an action point to stabilize))
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    Seeing Butch move to flank the bear, Cecil takes a step back to match him. He waits until Butch is in place, then swings mightily. "Now, Butch! Here's your opening!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot-step to F-8, hold action until Butch is in place, then attack.
    Bear attack part duex (bear is flanked again!) (1d20+8=20)
    Damage against bear! (2d4+3=9)
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench
    HP: 13/13
    AC: 19(vt:11 ff:18)


    If the bear is alive on my turn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wrench turns and advances on the bear, slamming it with his metal fists. "You soft-skins are really far too fragile for this kind of work." he comments to Cecil seeing the state of Nadeem.

    Attack w/ Slam - (1d20+2)[9]
    Modifiers: +1 BAB, +1 STR
    Bludgeoning Damage - (1d4+1)[2]
    Modifiers: +1 STR


    If the bear is dead, or no longer mauling Nadeem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wrench hustles over to the fallen elf and draws a scroll inscribed with a healing spell, ready to administer it. "You soft-skins are really far too fragile for this kind of work." he comments to the fallen elf, regardless of the fact that the elf is unconscious and can't reply.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch steps into the swing hard bringing the scythe upwards at the bear. "FOR PONY!!" he shouts.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Doh! I was hoping for an Aid Another for a further +2 to my attack. Cross your fingers, I expect an action point will be needed.

    Move action: Move to C5 flanking bear (no dex bonus to AC due to grappling) from Cecil
    Standard Action: Power Attack (2): (1d20+7)[17](24)
    Damage: (2d4+10)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Critical confirmation if needed (1d20+7)[23]
    Extra damage if applicable (6d4+30)[47]


    Spoiler
    Show

    EDIT:
    Using 1 action point to Improve Power attack, doubling bonus for an extra 4 points more damage... total 16 damage
    Last edited by Citizen Joe; 2007-06-14 at 09:30 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmirith reappears, with crossbow drawn.

    If Bear is still Alive:
    Looking down to see Nadeem crushed by the bear, Azmirith pulls a bolt and loads his light crossbow, then firing it into the flank of the bear.
    attack - (1d20+3)[14]
    damage - (1d8)[2]


    EDIT, forgot shooting into MElee, that should be 10
    If Not, he will pick up his weapons and go to aid his fallen comrade.
    Last edited by KCiemir; 2007-06-15 at 06:08 PM.
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmirith can barely hold the crossbow steady. His muscles burn as they try to hold the weight in front of him without shutting down from the pain. He notches a bolt into the firing mechanism and somehow finds the strength to pull the trigger. The bolt flies a few feet before striking the dirt near the bear.

    Cecil hear's Butch's words and gives the young farmer a nod. It was a daring plan, for if it failed the bear would surly turn it's mighty fury on Cecil next. Yet the veteran would take that risk, stepping in front of the bear and pausing ever so slightly for Butch to make his way behind it. As the bear shifts his attention to Cecil he is reluctant to let the elf up, not sure if it would run away like the last human. That mistake costs the animal as Cecil cries out, "Now, Butch! Here's your opening!" He lowers his falchion into the gash he already created on the bears' left shoulder. The blade finds its mark, cleaving into the bone and ripping the limb from it's socket.

    Butch, seeing his commander strike true follows with a strange cry of "FOR PONY" as he plunges the end of his scythe into the bears back putting the muscles trained on the farm to good use. The scythe catches on something and makes the follow through difficult. Butch places a foot on the back of the bear to brace himself as he pulls the scythe free, severing the bear's spinal column in the process. The animal falls over to its left and begins twitching for a few moments before lying still in a pool of blood that is rapidly forming beneath it.

    Wrench rushes over the the fallen elf and makes the comment, "You soft-skins are really far too fragile for this kind of work." as he pulls out another of his many scrolls and prepares to use it. The House Vadalis trainer has finished tying the horses up and is running over to the group. When he gets there, he stands in amazement at the scene before him and simply sits on the ground near his fallen housemate trying to take it all in.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch slipped the end of his scythe under the bear and pries the weight off of Nadeem. His muscles strained to hold the bear clear, "Sir! This thing is very heavy! We'll need to roll it over so I can cut..." Just then he sees Azmirith. "Oh..." His grip slipped a bit in confusion but then redoubled his efforts. "Is Nadeem OK, Sir?"

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    The old soldier breaths a sigh of relief as the bear falls. After a moment, he turns to where Nadeem lies and Azimuth sits wounded. "Can you patch them up, Wrench?" he asks, not unkindly. It's a rhetorical question, though, as Cecil, with faith in Wrench's medical skills, walks over to the bear. Almost like a gentle father, he reaches his arm down and closes the beast's eyes. "Well fought, good servent," he murmers. "Would that you could have served us longer instead of succumbing to madness." He steps back. "May you find peace."

    Stepping back from the dead animal, Cecil looks around to take stock of the situation.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench

    "Well, I'll do what I can. Although working with people is not the same as working with metal..."

    With that, he unfurls the scroll and begins his attempt to activate its power.

    Use Magic Device Check - (1d20+10)[11] DC 21

    Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+1)[7]

    Edit: Wrench, failing to activate the scroll, instead tucks it away, draws out a potion and pours it down Nadeem's throat.

    {OOC: I'm guessing its ok to use the same cure check that didn't get used above. Nadeem is healed for 7 damage.}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-16 at 11:17 AM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch takes a good look at the bear's muzzle and then stands up next to Cecil. "It's a demon, right? Because we needed cold iron to kill it." Butch raises a quisical eyebrow and pokes the bear's corpse repeatedly to make sure its dead.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    The old man looks at Butch oddly. "No, Butch," he says. "Not a demon. Just a powerful animal driven mad by dark magic." He turns to walk back towards his injured men. "Now stop poking it before you disturb its eternal slumber." He looks over his shoulder. "After all, it was hard enough killing it the first time."
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch eyes the bear warily. "Ain't never seen nothing like that around these parts, Sir." He rubs his chin thinking hard. "Well... maybe those bears on the north side of Silver Lake... But they're 'bout half that size... and they ain't so nasty. Lessen you provoke them or iffen they be desperate or sick or something. I dunno sir. I ain't never heard of one of them bears swimming all the way over the lake... and the local bears is black. I mean how'd it get here?"

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Joe View Post
    I mean how'd it get here?
    Wrench

    After pouring the potion down Nadeem's throad, Wrench replies to Butch by saying "Oh! I know how it got here! The guy who was riding on it rode it here!

    (To Cecil)Sir, I've patched Nadeem up as much as I can for the moment. He'll be ok with some rest.

    Also, Sir, what is an 'Imperial Dog'? Is that anything like a Golden Retriever?"


    {OOC: I love playing low WIS chars. hehe}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-16 at 11:31 AM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    "Guy rode in on it?" Butch looked puzzled. "Oh wait, I get it. Its a riddle right?" Butch ponders for a moment and then sighs. "No, I don't get it. That doesn't make sense. What guy?"
    Last edited by Citizen Joe; 2007-06-16 at 11:29 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench

    "No, Mr. Butch. No riddle. Although I do like those. Did you ever hear the one about the ... uh... well I forget.

    But anyways, the bear had a rider."


    Wrench points to the saddle the bear has on, and the first guy who the bear mauled to death. "That was the rider."

    {OOC: I'm assuming you did see the part in the original post where the bear-rider was riding with us, yes?}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-16 at 11:53 AM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    Cecil nods. "Perhaps we had best devote the rest of the day to resting," he said. "I'd rather lose half a day's travel than lose more people." He turns to Butch. "The bear came with us, remember? For our 'protection'," he says ruefully. He looks at Wrench. "And I don't know where he came up with 'imperial dogs,' Wrench. Maybe he thinks we're working for King Boronal."

    "Alright, let's make camp here this afternoon and evening," he says. "We'll give the rider a proper burial, and provide the bear with a funeral pyre, lest he rise during the night." He turns to the injured. "Azi, Nadeem, your job is to rest and recover - we move out tomorrow morning, so I need you in fighting form, or as close as you are able." He sighs. "The rest of you, when nightfall comes, we'll set watches. Butch, you and I can take first watch. Wrench, you and the our friend from Vadalis take second. Make sure the horses are secure and keep the fire burning."
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    "Buh... wha? That thing was with us the whole time?" Butch rubs his eyes. "I gotta get more sleep. I mean yea, it was a bit furry for a horse, I guess..." He ponders for a bit more. "So then it wasn't sick?"

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    "Depends on your definition of sick. Wrench, what was that guy doing over there? Casting a spell on our ursine companion, no doubt?"
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench

    "I never did understand this 'sleeping' thing you do.

    But someone should try to tend the wounds of those resting.

    He was definitely doing something magical. I wasn't able to tell what it was though."
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-16 at 12:01 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    The potion begins to close some of the wounds on Nadeem, but he is still badly hurt and unresponsive. The remaining House Vadalis servant traveling with you finally snaps out of his daze when he hears you talking about the rider. He says softly, "His name was Kaden. He was a good man." He stands up and begins to see tend to getting the man in a respectful state. "I've never once in all my years seen a properly trained magebread animal turn on it's rider. I just don't understand. Lord iríTajar will be sad to learn that the bear he requested had to be put down. But better here than on the front lines I suppose. And thanks to your quick thinking the horses are safe at least."

    {OOC: feel free to roll knowledge local or knowledge history for info on imperial dogs. Also, it's fine to use the same roll for the potion. }

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    "So then its safe to eat?" Butch asked dryly. "I mean I don't want to sound gruesome, but that's a big waste of good meat there. And we don't know how long we'll be out here."

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    "May Kaden rest in peace as well. I regret that I have not asked your name - and I would learn it, if you would give it."

    Last edited by MandibleBones; 2007-06-16 at 12:21 PM.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    The man extends his hand and gives a firm handshake to Cecil. "The name's Gustev. I had expected this to be a fairly boring trip to tell the truth. First time I ever had problems riding to Orcbone."

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch shrugs, uncertain what to do, but then goes back to his duty. A quick trip to the horses and he returns with his shovel and blanket rolled into a tight bundle.

    "I aint sure what the rites are in your family, Mr. Gustev. But, I do give you my regrets. I can dig a grave... maybe over near them trees there, but you might want to take his body back to town for a proper funeral. Either way, we need to bundle him up tight. You can use my blanket if you like. By morning the horses ain't gonna be liking the smell of death, so we need to make some plans."

    Butch then looks again at the bear. "That's an awful large pyre we're gonna need for that thing. Maybe someone could help look for some wood while I'm digging. Actually, someone should scout the area. Maybe there's a farmhouse nearby... Maybe get some help. Or at the very least be able to get rid of this thing."

    Butch then hands his blanket to Gustev and looks to both Gustev and Cecil for a final decision about the grave.

    While they decide, Butch offhandedly comments to Wrench, "You know, around these parts, we got three troublemakers. We gots our locals, you know, bad apple in every barrel. We got Droamites, what don't use no fancy words like 'Imperial'. And then there be the Reachers from up north, past the lakes. Most of em are kinda... wild? I guess that's the most polite term. But their religious types, they might be using 'Imperial'. Just a blind guess mind you."

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    Cecil nods. "We've got time before nightfall. Take someone with you, though - I don't want anyone caught out alone."
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Quote Originally Posted by MandibleBones View Post
    Cecil

    Cecil nods. "We've got time before nightfall. Take someone with you, though - I don't want anyone caught out alone."
    Wrench

    Wrench pipes up. "I'll go, Sir. I was not damaged in the battle."

    Wrench will go and help Butch gather wood. He doesn't mind the work, and he doesn't get tired. He volunteers mostly so he will have something to keep his mind on.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch leaves his shovel behind and leads Wrench over to the clump of trees where the horses are tied up. Noticing some twigs around the tree, he speaks up, "I don't reckon that will be enough. We'll be needing 'bout a cord, cord and a half to make a proper pyre. I'm gonna mount up so I can get a better view. I figure we'll head out 'bout four hunnerd yards then circle, keepin' these trees in sight. Iffin' we don't find no buildings, we'll start gatherin' what we can." Butch slides his scythe into a loop on his saddle and hoists himself up. He then readies his bow with an arrow and heads out slowly with Wrench beside him.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmirith

    Once Butch and Wrench are gone, and everyone seems to be working, Azmirith goes to the House Valdis representitive, and asks
    "Pardon me, friend, I know little of the dealings of house Valdis. If you woulndt mind, could you explain to me magebred animals, and what Lord ir'Tajar wants with them?"
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •