Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 948
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch and Wrench

    You set out in search of firewood. There are few trees in the area, but it makes keeping the ones by the rest of the group in sight fairly easy. Shrubs and underbrush are the most viable options for tender and flammable objects that are nearby.

    Azmirith, Cecil, Nadeem

    Gustov leans back and begins to relax as he talks about a familiar subject, "Magebread animals are the trade of my house. We create animals that are bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, and better trained through the proper application of magic and breading. We mostly focus on dogs or horses, but Lord ir'Tajar likes to equip some of his fancier woodland troops with magebred bears or even ghost tigers. It helps to even the scales when dealing with the horrors of Drooam. As you can see, the bears are truly fearsome in battle, especially with a capable rider on top of them."

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {OOC: You forgot to reply to the knowledge checks about 'imperial dogs'.}

    Wrench

    Wrench will gather whatever he can find and return with it to camp. If it seems more is needed, he'll make extra trips.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch gathers what he can but clearly gets more and more frustrated as he searches. Eventually he sighs deeply and says, "We better head back, Wrench. The just ain't nuff out here for that pyre. I suspect the locals already gathered the deadwood from the winter for their own supplies. The rest of this is still too green from the spring growth to make good firewood."

    With a bundle of twigs over his shoulder, Butch leads the horse and Wrench back to camp. Dropping his load and tying the horse back up, he breaks the news to Cecil.


    "Sir, I'm afraid I got some bad news. Taint nuff firewood for a pyre for something that big. I reckon the locals already gathered the deadwood for their own fires. I didn't see no house neither. Now here's the bad part. That corpse is gonna draw wolves tonight for sure, and we don't want to be here when they get here. I suggest we make a couple litters and drag Nadeem and Kadem out of the range of the smell."

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    The group makes camp for the night, making sure to keep the dead away from the others. Gustov tends to Nadeem's wounds, dresses them up and changes them every so often as is necessary. He comments that it is amazing that the elf is still alive at all, though the magic from the warforged certainly helped. Those who keep watch during the night notice a few criters taking advantge of the large corpse, but nothing comes near the small fire in the center of camp. During the last watch of the night, as Cecil and Wrench are keeping watch waiting for signs of sunrise, Cecil is making his rounds when he spots a humanoid figure crawling towards the tree where the horses are tied up.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    "Ignis!" Cecil shouts, pointing at the figure. A brilliant burst of light appears in front of it. "Arise, men! A horse-thief comes!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Casting flare. Fort save, DC 12 or be dazzled.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    With a single word Cecil causes a blinding light to appear near the trees. A startled exclamation of surprise can be heard from the figure on the ground. Wrench turns to see what is going on and can tell there is something on the ground near the horses. Azmirith hears Cecil's cry and wakes from his slumber, as does Nadeem. He opens his eyes to see his chest heavily bandaged and a throbbing like a million horses running in his head. He steadies himself as he gets his bearings. Butch is still fast asleep, tired from his previous watch and oblivious to the world around him.

    Mappage:


    (EDIT: Legend.)
    Colors correspond to player speech. Light green is Wrench. Black dot in camp is the fire. Brown Circles are trees, maroon ovals are horses. Light bule is intruder. Cecil and wrench have either torches or magical lights they used during their watch, player choice. It is only partiall cloudy tonight and the moon is waxing but not yet full so shadowy vision out to 20ft for humans is possible without light source.

    {Roll Initiative and post either a standard or move action. Cecil has already gone this surprise round, but everyone else can go. Butch needs to roll a DC 5 listen check with a -10 modifier for sleeping to wake up on his own. If someone yells at him to wake him up it lowers the DC to 3. If someone takes a standard action when next to him to wake him he wakes up automatically. It has been 8 hours since the battle, so Nadeem is at 2HP from healing received by Gustov. Azmirith is at 6hp from his rest.}
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-06-18 at 07:15 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Nadeem

    Standing near the fire barely able to make out figures in the distance with his slightly blurred vision he turns to before walking over and waking Butch.

    An enemy comes. Action is needed now if we are to protect our charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench
    HP: 13/13
    AC: 19 (vt 11, ff 18)


    Initiative - (1d20+1)[5]

    Wrench had spend the past few hours tinkering around with the various equipment he carried with him. He checked many times over the condition of his gear, as well as its placement and readiness for use. It wasn't that he did this out of a military habit so much as it was a relaxing exercise for him. Such minor tasks allowed him time to think about his infusions and how best to use them to aid himself and his companions, as well as recover the energy necessary to use them.

    Wrench often pondered about ways to improve his own abilities during these times.

    It was unfortunate that the rest had to come to and end because of interlopers such as these. But Wrench felt renewed and ready to face them. He immediately starts heading towards the flare Cecil sent up. Suddenly, he gets an idea, and begins casting an infusion upon himself. Within moments, his own hands are wreathed in flame, providing a source of light like two torches.

    {OOC: Using an Action Point to cast this particular infusion as a Standard action. Casting Personal Natural Weapon Augmentation(Flaming). Makes my natural Slam attack act as if it has the Flaming magical ability.

    I assume the 'something on the ground' you were referring to was the person crawling, and not a seperate object. Where is Gustav?}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-18 at 08:08 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    HP: 20
    AC: 15 (t11, ff14)

    Last edited by MandibleBones; 2007-06-18 at 08:37 PM.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch grumbles as Nadeem wakes him. He sits up trying to focus on the dark shapes and blurry lights. "Find me a target," he says quietly to Nadeem with a touch of menace. Then he reaches for his bow...

    Spoiler
    Show

    This round spent waking up.
    Note: Not wearing armour. Also, all his gear is in a pile next to him since you don't keep horses saddled overnight.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmirith, 6HP

    As he was still lying down, Azmirith is able to take no action other than to stand, grunting heavily as the slashes across his chest sear with pain. He mutters:"By the host, I need more Sleep"
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench causes his hands to burst into flame that make the shadows to come alive as they move about in response to the dancing fire. Amirith makes his way to his feet despite the protests of his wounds. Nadeem, in a similarly wounded state, moves quickly to wake up his human compatriot who seems to be oblivious to the world around him until roused by the elf. Butch shakes off his slumber as he begins to get his wits about him. Reaching for his bow he takes a quick look around the camp.

    Cecil's attention on the human in front of him is redirected by the sound of hushed movement to his left. An arrow lodges itself in his left arm as another goes whizzing just over his head. It seems the intruder was not alone.

    Mappage:

    Legand: same as before.
    Init Order:
    BG2
    BG3
    Cecil
    BG1
    Butch
    Wrench
    Nadeem
    Azmirith

    For Cecil
    Spoiler
    Show
    you take 4 pts of damage
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-06-20 at 10:36 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench
    HP: 13/13
    AC: 19 (vt 11, ff 18)


    Wrench will head towards the enemy nearest to the horses.

    (Double-Move to M-9)

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-20 at 12:42 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    With a smooth action, Butch rolls up onto his feet, arrow drawn as he scans the situation. Seeing a shadowy form to the left he lets the arrow fly. As it goes, he shouts out, "Don't let them close, I won't be able to use my bow!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Action: Stand
    Free Action: Ready bow (normally move, free when combined with a move action if BAB +1 or better)
    Free Action: Ready arrow
    Standard Action: Attack target #2 at K15 (range 70 feet, Short range for composite longbow) (note Rollv will show actual die roll then final result)
    Attack - (1d20+4)[3](7)
    Damage - (1d8+4)[10]
    Possible miss due to concealment (<=20%)
    ConcealmentMiss - (1d100)[23]
    Spoiler
    Show

    CriticalConfirmation - (1d20+4)[7]
    ExtraDamage - (2d8+8)[10]

    Last edited by Citizen Joe; 2007-06-20 at 12:46 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil (16/20)

    Cursing, Cecil drops to one knee for better cover, and puts the torch between himself and the archers for better concealment. With his free hand, he traces an intricate pattern into the air and whispers words of darkness towards the horse thief.

    With the spell cast, he draws his short sword and prepares for battle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cause Fear at the horse thief (standard action) and draws sword (move action). If the rest of the action described counts as a move rather than a 5-foot-step or free action, forget the sword - I'll draw it next time or fight with the torch).
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Ducking to aviod more arrows, Cecil again calls forth arcane power to his aid. He traces a pattern in the air and utters the words that will bring terror unknown to his enemy and cause him to flee for his life. Unfortunatly, the man does not flee, but instead advances into the horses with sword drawn. He moves towards a dense consentration of animals and brings his weapon down on the teather slicing it in half.

    Butch makes out a few shadowy shapes in the light cast by Cecil's torch. Grabbing a bow and swiflty notching an arrow he lets his arrow fly at the nearest shape, but he is unable to tell if the arrow found it's mark or not. Regardless, he relays his concerns about melee to his companions.

    Wrench has no such concerns about up close confrontation. He moves with purpose towards the attackers, his flaming fists lighting the way as he lumbers forward. As he passes near the horses, one of them becomes spooked by the flames and begins to tug on it's teather, trying to get away.

    {OOC: BG1 moves to O5, cuts loose horse in P5-Q5. The horse in N6-N7 is spooked by Wrench's flames. Will update map after Azmirith and Nadeem take their actions.}

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Nadeem

    Moving towards the horse thieves Nadeem draws his bow and nocks an arrow, firing it as soon as he approaches.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving from D-7 to I-9. Firing my bow at BG2 afterwards.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[4](8)
    Damage: (1d6)[5]

    If needed:
    Crit confirmation: (1d20+4)[18]
    Damage: (2d6)[8]
    Last edited by Ishikar; 2007-06-20 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Spoiler
    Show
    I gotta head out to work so here's Butch's Action for next round


    Butch lets loose a volley of arrows into the shadows...

    Spoiler
    Show

    InitiativeIfNeeded - (1d20+2)[13]
    Action: Full Attack Target #2
    FullAttack - (1d20+4)[7](11)
    damage - (1d8+4)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show

    CriticalConfirm - (1d20+4)[21]
    ExtraDamage - (2d8+8)[15]


  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    ...and then again...
    Spoiler
    Show

    Miss chance on first arrow <=20 (1d100)[69]
    Spend action point to get extra attack in a full attack
    Attack - (1d20+4)[15](19)
    Damage - (1d8+4)[9]
    Miss chance on second arrow <=20 (1d100)[85]
    Spoiler
    Show

    CriticalConfirmation - (1d20+4)[5]
    ExtraDamage - (2d8+8)[17]


  20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmirith, still 6hp

    Azmirith moves around the fire, trying to make out the threat. He tries to stay as low-profil as possible, so as not to aggrivate his stil tender wounds. When he reaches his postition, he withdraws his crossbow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move in straigt line to C11
    tumblecheck to get through space with fire if necessary - (1d20+7)[21]
    move silently - (1d20+7)[10]
    hide - (1d20+7)[11] (there may be a circumstance bounus to this, as it is dark, your choice)
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmirith nimbly avoids the fire as he moves to the edge of it's light. Within the comforting confines of the shadows the ninja blends in with his surroundings as he readies his weapon for the right moment to strike.

    More arrows fly from the attackers. One arrow flies true, managing to find a small gap in between the adamantie plates of the warforged. The arrow would have normally pierced the lungs of a human, but it mattered little to a creature made of wood and metal. Two more arrows miss Cecil's crouching frame and fly harmlessly overhead. After firing his volley, one of the men quickly retreats back into the shadows.

    Mappage:

    The man was last seen by your light in square with the question mark.

    For Wrench
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take 6pts of damage. Your fortification negated the critical hit scored on you.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench
    HP: 13/13
    AC: 19 (vt 11, ff 18)


    Wrench moves to O-6 and attacks Enemy(1)

    {OOC: You have the rolls copied to the OOC thread, Mr. DM.
    And where is the Vadalis guy?}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-21 at 09:49 AM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    Wordlessly, Cecil launches himself from a crouch and runs towards the visible bowman, attempting to tackle him and keep him from continuing to fire.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to C15 and initiate grapple with enemy 2. Melee touch to grab (1d20+5=12), Grapple check (1d20+5=12). Spending two action points (one each to add 1d6 to each roll): Action points (1d6=3, 1d6=2)

    Final rolls:
    Grab: 15
    Grapple: 14
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Quote Originally Posted by MandibleBones View Post
    Cecil

    Wordlessly, Cecil launches himself from a crouch and runs towards the visible bowman, attempting to tackle him and keep him from continuing to fire.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to C15 and initiate grapple with enemy 2. Melee touch to grab (1d20+5=12), Grapple check (1d20+5=12). Spending two action points (one each to add 1d6 to each roll): Action points (1d6=3, 1d6=2)

    Final rolls:
    Grab: 15
    Grapple: 14
    {OOC: Can only spend 1 action point per round.}
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {pick which one to apply the roll to and I'll have he results up shortly.}

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {I'll apply it to the grab roll - second one's not much good if I can't grab him in the first place, is it?}
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil charges after the archer that he can still see. He rushes to close the distance as fast as possible before he can fire another arrow. Cecil wraps his arms around the man's torso and manages to hold on despite the best efforts of the victim to break free. Cecil maneuvers around behind the man using his right hand to coearce an arm behind the archer's back and begins to press upward applying pressure to the joints. Cecil's left arm encircles the man's throat and as he tightens his mucles it begins to restrict blood flow to the man's brain.

    The horse thief takes a short step and this time manages to cut the reigns to two animals. The horse that was already panicked by Wrench's flames begins to run away from them, and the other two horses begin to follow suit.

    Butch, about to fire on the man, decides that it would be better to find a different target. He scans the area and manages to make out a shadowy shape he hopes is the fleeing archer. He fires two arrows one right after the other in the hopes that one of them would find their mark. It's hard to tell, but he feels like he saw the shape slump to the ground. He thinks.

    Wrench decides that it is time to put a stop to the horse theif and moves to engage him. As Wrench approaces the horse theif turns and faces the construct with a short blade drawn and conviction on his face. He is about to say something but it is cut short as the warforged connects with his looping swing right between the neck and collorbone. A lound crunch is followed by screams as the man's face and hair catch on fire. Even though the flames don't last long, the man is on the ground and doesn't move after they go out.

    {OOC Butch I changed your action, I hope you don't mind. Even though 2 of the 3 guys are dead, and the other one grappled, I want to finish up this round and then we can exit combat. Cecil needs to roll unarmed damage for the succesful grapple (non-lethal of course) and the horses are fleeing to the SE if the top of the map is N.}
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-06-21 at 11:48 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    "When you lot have a chance, I'm sure we can find a few questions for this one, no?"

    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmirith

    THe slowest of the lot, Azmirith is glad to see the treat wraped up. without stepping from the shadow, he tries to determine if the other theives are dead.
    Spoiler
    Show

    spot - (1d20+5)[7]
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch slings his bow and quiver over his shoulders as he moves quickly to the horses. He grumbles out some inaudible curses as he moves.

    "I'll gather the horses, Sir."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Double move (60') from C7 to L7 next to the 'fat' horse, presumably the biggest one since Butch is kinda heavy.
    Free Action: Put away bow in a move action
    Free Action: Put away quiver in a move action

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •