New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron Adventures

Sesil

"Let's definitely rest here," Sesil says. "We need to set up watches for the night, as well - I'll take either first or last, whichever isn't wanted."
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.
    Homebrew 3.5 base class: The Iron Chef

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wrench

Wrench settles in for a boring night.

To keep himself occupied, he will try to examine the dragonshards that they managed to recover, if Caskin is ok with it. Otherwise, he goes over the contents of the box that Asmirith has been carrying from the crashed airship.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

3. - Top - End - #933

Butch

"Alright. Let's get a blanket over that opening so we don't give away our position with our lights. Everyone, let's go ahead and finish off the trail rations. We'll be getting by on mine rations after this. Mr. Johann please make sure all the skins have water and fill the bucket. I'm sure you are all too polite to mention it, but I am reeking from that lava cavern back there. When we get back to the surface, I'm sure the Droaamites will have some dogs searching for us so there is no sense making their job easier with a stronger scent. We'll take four hour shifts on watch. I'll take the last shift so I can pack up. Mr. Caskin and Azzy are on second watch. Wrench, you may examine the shards during that time under Mr. Caskin's supervision. Mr. Sesil and Mr. Johann have first watch. Wrench, during the first watch, I want you to sort through and inspect all the gear we gathered from the mining camp. You and I are the heaviest of our group, if a nicked rope gives way, it will be while we are climbing it so this is particularly important. Last watch, you're with me... and that means watching, not intense study of some rock while someone sneaks up. First focus is on our safety, got it?"

4. - Top - End - #934

Wrench

Wrench doesn't respond to Butch in the least. He just continues with whatever he was doing before.
    The Tangled Web

5. - Top - End - #935

Butch

Butch raises an eyebrow at Wrench. He claps his hands in front of Wrench. "Hey! Focus. You're on third watch with me and I need this gear inspected."

6. - Top - End - #936

Wrench

Wrench takes his gear and moves to the opposite side of the cave, away from Butch.
    The Tangled Web

7. - Top - End - #937
    Barbarian in the Playground

The night passes uneventfully, and the group begins the slow journey out of the bowels of the earth. The passageways are much steeper than the ones leading down into the cavern, but around lunchtime, Azmirith manages to find a path that looks older than some dawrfs, but is still intact. Progress goes much faster on the path, steps being much easier to climb than rope. When the party finally escapes the passage, it is late in the afternoon and you realize that the exit from the caverns was hidden is in the middle of the switchback that traveled down into the valley.
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2008-03-31 at 02:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Sesil

Sesil murmurs quietly: "We need to find somewhere to rest that's on our path out of here," he says. "Azmirith, if you could disappear and scout a bit ahead, I'd like to avoid running into any animal-driven ambushes."

9. - Top - End - #939

Wrench

Once they get out into the open, Wrench is going to try and find a way to speak with Sesil privately.

(Sesil)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sir, I don't want to cause dissension in the ranks, but I don't know how I can trust Butch again. After someone points a weapon at you, it becomes very difficult to turn your back on them, let alone trust them with the safety of your life.

Do you have any advice?"
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2008-03-31 at 07:45 PM.
    The Tangled Web

10. - Top - End - #940

Azmirith nods towards Sesil and heads off to scout the immedeate area.

11. - Top - End - #941

Azmirith appears behind Sesil a while later. He says softly, "There is a group of dog headed humanoids up ahead. I spotted around 5, not telling if there are more. They were wearing a mixture of leather and mail. Most had bows or spears and a flail. They had a sentry posted, but I don't believe that I was noticed. It would be difficult to pass by them unnoticed, unless we climb over one of these mountains."

12. - Top - End - #942

Wrench

"Only 5? Oh we can take em!"
    The Tangled Web

13. - Top - End - #943

Butch

"Umm... Wrench... Unlike our standard procedure, it sounds like they are dug in and will launch numerous volleys of arrows at us as we try to close. Also, they are likely just a scouting party for the main group of Droaamites. All they need to beat us is to raise an alarm and the entire valley will get sealed. Barring any brilliant tactics that will stop them from raising an alarm as soon as they see us, we should just climb over the mountain."

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

Sesil

"I am with Butch on this - if we can avoid combat, we should. I want no more lost men," he adds grimly.

15. - Top - End - #945

Wrench

"Yes, Sir."

Wrench takes his pack and withdraws the climbing kits, as well as a length of rope, and a grappling hook.

"Where would you like to ascend today?"
    The Tangled Web

16. - Top - End - #946

Azmirth, tired of all the climbing, decides to speak. "Perhaps there is a better way. If we could neutralize the lookout, we should be able to pass by fairly easily. I'm no expert in magic, but perhaps our friend here could be of some assistance in the matter.

Johan, hearing Azmirith's comments, speaks up. "There once was a boy who was entrusted to search for lost sheep. He looked here and there, all about really. Problem was, he couldn't find them, even though he knew the sheep were close by. Instead of walkikng in circles looking for the sheep, he decided to find the highest hill and keep a lookout for them. He stood there for a few hours, but nothing happened. Depressed, he sat down in the shade of the tree. The shade felt good, and it was cofortable. So comfortable that he fell asleep. When he awoke, he saw that not only had he not found the sheep he was looking for, but that all his other sheep had gotten away too."

17. - Top - End - #947

Butch

"Yes! Of course. We just drop sheep on them from up high. That is brilliant." Butch smirks. "Everyone, back into the hidden cave while we go over this."

Back in the hidden cave. "Alright. Caskin will go up the crevasse ahead of me scouting out ledges and secure points for tying off. I'll be exposed, free climbing that niche up to a suitable ledge. Azmirith will hide at the bottom acting as a scout if anything comes snooping around. When everything is clear, I'll tie off a rope and haul each of you up one at a time. Just throw the loop around you and hold on. We'll need to do this anyway to get the corpse up and over. Meanwhile, Caskin will be scouting for the next ledge. You three stay hidden in this cave until Azmirith signals you. Mr. Johann, you'll be riding the corpse up the mountain. I know it sounds distasteful but I'll need you there to make sure it doesn't get fouled in branches. Next up would be Mr. Sesil... then Wrench and finally we pick up Azzy."

18. - Top - End - #948

Wrench

"As much as I hate to admit it, Butch is right. If we are going to climb up high enough to drop sheep on them, we may as well just climb over and around them."
    The Tangled Web