Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 948
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench

    Wrench speaks a command word and douses the flames from his fist to avoid spooking the horses any further.

    "Where is Gustov?"
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Nadeem

    There is still work to be done. One of our foes seems to have fled. We should try to track him down to see where he's going or who hired him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Track Check: (1d20+8)[17] ((adding favored enemy bonus beause they're human))
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    "Uh, guys, a little help here? I can only hold him so long..."
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench

    Wrench will come over and use his slam attack to coup-de-grace, with non-lethal damage, to knock the prisoner unconscious.

    He will then draw a silken rope out of his pack and hand it to Cecil. "Here you are sir. You can use this to tie him up.

    And where in the Demon Wastes is Gustov?"


    {OOC: Mr. DM, when you said I took damage, did you factor in my Damage Reduction, or is that up to me to do?}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-21 at 09:08 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    Cecil ties the man up as best he can. He's not the best at knotwork, but with 50' of rope, it's not too hard to make someone immobile. "I've no idea - but I'm truly hoping he went chasing after the horses - and that he's not been met in the dark by the one that got away. How many did we lose?"
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch releases the large horse and swings up onto its bare back. With a subtle prodding, he guides the horse around and takes off at a gallop towards the loose horses.

    As he gets close, he eases around in front of each horse coaxing it back under his control.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Handle Animal Checks:
    (1d20+3)[8]
    (1d20+3)[18]
    (1d20+3)[7]
    (1d20+3)[10]

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch returns with two horses.

    "There's still one out there. Horses are herd animal, though. It'll come back once it realizes it is alone out there. Just keep the fire away from the horses or it'll get spooked again."

    Dismounting, he looks around then asks, "Are they dead? Or dying?"

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    The camp is starting to calm down as the first rays of sunlight are cresting over the horizon. Even as Cecil ties up the unconscious man, Butch is out rounding up the horses. Azmirith's and Nadeem's wounds are still sore, but they look like they will be ok to ride today. The same can't be said for the other two invaders. The one near the horses lies on the ground with severe fire damage to his face, eyes melted out of their sockets surrounded by charred skin. It was only a matter of time, and probably a blessing that he was left to die. The other man succumbed to his wounds shortly after receiving an arrow to the lower abdomen. He tried to crawl to safety, but didn't make it far, seeing as how the large arrow was shot with such force as to drive it completely through his body.

    Gustov, as Wrench has noted, is no where to be found. Wrench remembers the he was up for the first watch, but can't seem to recall him leaving. Cecil had almost forgotten about him had the warforged not brought it up. After all the excitement with the battle, it's hard to remember if Gustov was there when he woke for the last watch. Whatever the case, it is clear that he is no longer in the camp.

    Butch is helping to get the saddles on all the horses that are going to be ridden today as the other begin to break camp and get their gear ready for another day on the trail. If they travel quickly, the group may still be able to make it to Orcbone just after sunset. As the group is finishing up preparations the last horse meanders back into camp just in time to follow the heard down the dusty trail.
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-06-22 at 02:05 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch takes Cecil aside for a moment as he packs up camp. "Sir, something has been bothering me ever since yesterday." He starts, pondering his words. "You saw how on our way out here there were farmers and carts and people milling about doing their business... homes and farms and such... Well, when I was trying to find firewood yesterday I must've scoped out near a mile of area and there weren't nothin' out here. No farmers, no house, no carts... just these fields..." Butch paused for a moment and then continued on a slightly different line of thought. "You know, sir, they probably send couriers to Orcbone at least once a week... plus merchant traffic. There really ought be a waystation or such at reasonable spots on that route. I reckon it would've been safer to stop there rather than out here in the middle of nowheres." Butch searches Cecil's face for an expression and then continues. "And then there was that one guy Wrench saw. The lone farmer... out in the middle of nowhere... no house nearby..."

    Butch sighs then leans over Cecil's shoulder and whispers, "We been set up, sir. This was an ambush from the start and them horse thieves needed an inside man. I don't even know for sure that this lord at the other end really ordered these animals."

    Then Butch speaks up again, "I hate to say it sir, but we should head back to Shavalant. We lost two men, one of the animals, two more men are badly injured. We're down on supplies, plus the thieves need to be reported to the sheriff. And we'd be better off burying the dead in hallowed ground."

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    Cecil shakes his head grimly, worry etched into every line in his face. "I admit that the reports of bandits on this road weren't as descriptive as they should have been, and I agree that we may have been sold out," he says, "But I don't know why. I want to find out before we go anywhere."

    "Besides," he adds. "This was more about fear than any gain from stealing the horses. They don't want us to go on." He snorts. "Can you imagine what would happen if an Orien caravan turned back after a few bandits, even if we both know it to be more than that? It would be exactly what these terrorists - for that is what they are, not bandits - want. We'll press on, and bury our dead when we get to Orcbone... we should consult the lord there about this. What I want most of all is more information."
    Last edited by MandibleBones; 2007-06-22 at 02:17 PM.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench

    Wrench, not particularly worried about terrists or whatever they are (they looked like normal bandits to him) got his scrolls of healing out again and gave it another try, hoping to get Nadeem back into better shape.

    Use Magic Device - (1d20+8)[17] DC: 21
    Modifiers: Should actually be +10. Forgot Artificer Bonus.
    Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+1)[7]

    Sadly, the scroll fails, and Nadeem is given another potion instead.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-22 at 02:52 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch is clearly not pleased, he can't seem to hide his expressions at all, but he nods to Cecil. "Very well, sir. But I insist we take the following precautions. First, we need to travel light. That means spreading out our load amongst all the horses. We have 4 bodies to bring with us, in addition to our gear. I'm certain that will slow us down. That brings me to stipulation number two... First inn, waystation or friendly barn we see, we're spending the night. None of us are in the best condition to be travelling and we'll likely kill the horses if we try to make the whole run. We need a defensible location though. Third, we don't stop for a break unless we see friendly faces. Four, if we don't find no friendly faces, someone patrols constantly before and during the break. Finally, first chance we get, we send a runner back to Shavalant to let the Sheriff know about the bandits. Right now, the vultures can guide the posse to the right area, but if we give the bandits more than a day, they'll slip away."

    That being said, Butch goes over to the corpses, grabs each with his meaty fists and drags them into a clear area. There he searches the bodies for identification papers and other belongings.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    "Agreed, to all except the runner. The sheriff already knows there are bandits, and I'm against sending ANYONE alone into the woods with them out there. We'll let him know when we get back."
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench

    Wrench is going to use an infusion on himself to mend his own damage.

    Repair Light Damage - (1d8+3)[10]
    Modifiers: +2 Caster Level, +1 Racial Sub. bonus

    He will then take stock of who else is injured and how badly.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    Cecil absentmindedly picks at the arrow sticking out of his arm. "Don't mind me - heal the others," he says.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Quote Originally Posted by MandibleBones View Post
    Cecil

    Cecil absentmindedly picks at the arrow sticking out of his arm. "Don't mind me - heal the others," he says.
    Wrench

    Wrench, completely missing any sense of sarcasm, ignores Cecil's wound and heads over to see how the rest of the group is doing.

    Heal Check - (1d20-2)[4]
    Modifiers: -2 WIS
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-22 at 03:35 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch grumbles as he rifles through the bodies. He looks back and counts eight horses, then counts his companions. He hefts a corpse and eyes the various horses then hefts the other. "Still too heavy," he mutters. Scratching some lines in the ground he nods... "OK, here's the line up. These two thieves get stripped down and bundled up on the big one. I'll ride unarmoured to cut down on the weight on a lighter horse. Nadeem, you'll be staying close with my spare equipment. Our prisoner goes on the lightest horse and we'll put Kaden's corpse on the last one with any spare equipment we can move off our own horses. Wrench and Azmirith are on their own horses, leading the corpse horses. Mr. Cecil will be in charge of leading the prisoner's horse."

    With that he starts rearranging the gear and prepping the horses. "Oh and someone ought to leave Gustov a note."

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench asks to examine the wounds of Nadeem and Azmirith. As he does so, it becomes painfully obvious that the organic nature of their flesh makes the severity of wounds difficult to gauge. Whithout more knowledge about their organs and vital functions the best you can muster is a guess that their wounds are not life threatening.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KCiemir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Desert
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Azmirth

    Azmirith quickly pulls away as wrench tries to examine his wounds "By the gods, Wrench! What are you trying to do? make it hurt more?" Azmirith yells, uncharacteristicly, as he usualy wispers. He stands, and adresses Butch, whispering loudly"sir, while I may not be natve to these parts, some things hold true anywhere. It would be dificult to implement many of the sugestions you had, with two injured, two dead, and someone needing to tend the horses. I think that, perhaps, a scout would eliminate much of the threat, so the group could procede, and have warning of more attacks, be they magical or mundaine. Right now, I am perhaps not the best choice but as I heal, I would gladly act as the advance guard. That way, we could tend to everything else that needs attention."
    Sweet Cap. America Avi by KPenguin

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch inspects Kaden's body, making sure the blanket wrapping his corpse is secure. Satisfied, he starts stripping down the other two corpses. "Alright men, we need shrouds for these two. Blankets first if you got them, otherwise hand over the bedrolls." While he waits, he cuts strips from the bandits' shirts. Placing copper coins on the their eyes, Butch carefully wraps the burnt man's entire head and blindfolds the dead archer.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Nadeem

    Calming his horse enough to keep it from bolting Nadeem pulls the straps securing his bedroll and rolls it out.

    Here. We should move quickly. He reaches up detaching his Zaelta from his helmet to take in a deep breath.

    The scent of blood is strong here, predators and scavengers will arrive soon and we wouldn't want to be here when they arrive. Also my instincts tell me something else is wrong, we're not out of the reach of these people yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    Butch bundles the two bandits into Nadeem's and his own bedroll, tying them tightly. With a little help, he hefts the two body bags onto the largest horse and secures them. Then he procedes to Kaden's body, loading it onto another horse with the spare equipment. With the horses mostly loaded, he walks over to the bear's corpse. With a twist of his scythe and a boot for leverage, he deftly decapitates the beast. He packs the head in his backpack, then stows it on the horse with Kaden's corpse. Wiping the blade clean, he stores his scythe on Nadeem's horse and then mounts up. With bow in one hand and the reigns in the other, he circles the formation and takes one last look around the camp to make sure nothing was left behind. Returning to the head of the line, Butch speaks up, "Alright, last chance. Anyone need to do anything before we go?"

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Wrench

    "Sorry?" Wrench offers as an apology to Azmirth.

    Wrench heads over to Cecil and reports "The troops don't appear to have any life-threatening injuries, Sir. However, they do tend to complain when you poke them."

    He appears ready to head out with the rest of the team.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    Cecil nods sagely. "I suppose they would, wouldn't they?" He looks around - once everyone is ready, he gives the order to move out.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Preparations for the journey finished, the group heads out along the trail, anxious to put distance between themselves and the makeshift camp that they made. After about an hour of travel, the trail begins to thin out and blend into the rolling grassland that dominates the landscape. Nadeem is able to make out the signs of where others have traveled and soon is able to follow the trail even though it is beginning to be covered by the wild grass. Butch begins to realize that the magebread horses really are magnificent animals who seem to be moving at a rapid pace and yet show no signs of tiring despite their loads. The corpses seem to be well tied to the animals, although Butch's backpack seems to be soaking wet and starting to drip.

    Wrench's horse does not particularly care for the heavy rider and heated metal against it's legs, but still manages to keep up with the other horses despite the occasional protest. As the sun continues to rise the heat of summer starts to set in, and this time there is no shade in sight. Flies and other tiny bugs begin to circle around the horses, particularly those with dead flesh on their back. About an hour before midday the group rides over a small hill and notices a farmhouse off to the left. It is around a mile or so off the trail, but judging from the animals it seems to be a functioning ranch.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {OOC magebread light warhorses have a base move of 70ft. I doubt you'll be able to keep up.}

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {your base speed is 20, run is x3 due to heavy armor so run speed is 60. Even with their effective speed reduced to a base 50 becasue of their load, it's still about the same. And, AFAIK, you can not run for an extended periods of time according to the RAW. I recall seeing this discussion somewhere, because Warforged SHOULD be able to march faster and farther than organic meatbags, but I don't think it reasonable to maintain a RUN speed. Even if you didn't get tired, running is like sprinting, and it would cause damage to your joints ect if kept up for any extended period of time. Perhaps maybe a hustle speed would be more appropreate, but if that's the case your moving at 40 base speed, which is back to less than the horses.}

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Asmodeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    {OOCt: Nevermind. You are right. Wrench will ride along with the rest.}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-06-25 at 01:31 PM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

    A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Citizen Joe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Butch

    "Sir! There's a farmhouse over there. Looks like a ranch. We should check to see if we can spend the night there. We shouldn't storm in though. Maybe just two of us go up and check with the owner. The rest should stay at the gate so they know we're not aggressive. I don't mind lending a hand on the ranch for the rest of the day if it means a good night sleep and a home cooked meal."
    Butch scans the group and then suggests to Cecil, "Sir, I suggest you and Wrench go talk to them while the rest of us handle the horses and our prisoner."

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MandibleBones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron Adventures

    Cecil

    Cecil shakes his head. "As good as a home-cooked meal sounds to me," he says, "We've been hired to get these horses to Orcbone today. Bandits they might understand, but delaying half a day for a home-cooked meal would not go well with them. We press on."
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.

    Playing Lachlan MacMillan Sinclair
    Running the Red Hoof of Doom (AKA Hobgoblins Invade Equestria)
    and The Rise of the Runelords.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •