New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    LP, really? Resorting to skin pics to get your readership up? How loathsome. You could wait until a person is properly attired.

I mean, just look at Snowbluff's head in that picture. Positively indecent.
    Hahaha. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Celestia Daily
    Red Fel secretly Snowbluff's cat?
    A rare photo was recently snapped of dastardly duo spending quality time together!

Keep reading to find out how illyahr manages to keep his youthful complexion...
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

3. - Top - End - #213

Previous - Sweep #2 - Next

Submissions
    Fiddle Stick's Disease (Amphetryon)
    Ink Toxin (VirusInk)
    Inked Virus (VirusInk)
    Infected Ink (VirusInk)
    Paper Eating Ink (VirusInk)
    Necrotic Plague (Marlowe)
    Wight's Blessing (Marlowe)
    Virulent Absinthe (Socratov)

That's a wrap! Thanks for playing, folks!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VirusInk View Post

She's losing it. Excellent. Soon I shall be able to pull her to my side.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Keep reading to find out how illyahr manages to keep his youthful complexion...
    No secret. Ongoing relations with a good-aligned fey. I have leadership. My cohort is a nymph so I took Nymph's Kiss. Diplomacy bonus.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post

She's losing it. Excellent. Soon I shall be able to pull her to my side.
    Side? I don't have a side. I'm just a closet chaotic neutral that does as she pleases.

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    No secret. Ongoing relations with a good-aligned fey. I have leadership. My cohort is a nymph so I took Nymph's Kiss. Diplomacy bonus.
    Wow! See that folks? Illyahr is just giving his tips away! Take note! What a guy!

Side? I don't have a side. I'm just a closet chaotic neutral that does as she pleases.
    You know not what chaotic terror you bring! An ancient being lies in wait...

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin
    You know not what chaotic terror you bring! An ancient being lies in wait...
    I forgot: I'm just a chaotic neutral "good" that does mostly as she pleases.
    Can't let the Paladin big brother lose all his marbles.
    Last edited by VirusInk; 2016-01-04 at 06:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

I suppose that's better than neutral, I'll quote Red Fel when I say "We all know where it's been".

10. - Top - End - #220

I suppose that's better than neutral, I'll quote Red Fel when I say "We all know where it's been".
    Hey now. There's nothing wrong with neutrality. We're perfectly happy to sit back and watch while everyone else dances to one another's tunes.

Just because we do so from the comfort of our nerd nest workshop surrounded by dirty dishes minions and a forest of empty fountain drink cups theoretical blueprints doesn't mean we don't care about the fate of the world and its people. It just means we're quite busy and have more important things to hide from do.

11. - Top - End - #221

I still confused as to how I earned not one, but TWO afflictions associated with undeath. Seriously, you raise ONE skeletal Dire Bear because it's become obvious that your party Fighter can't fight, and suddenly you're Mr Highcollar McDoom of Lichville, Death county, United States of Slough.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    You don't want me to crush you?
    Oh sempai, do behave yourself.

Also i find it strange that i have watched over a solid month and a half times worth of anime and very little of it actually has any school girls. Also my anime library seems to be generally weird by anime standards.

Now don't let the cranky paladin pressure you into a morality choice. Then again i would hardly be a good counsel on this decision as i just sorta gave up on having a decisive morality, it was too much of a restrictive decision.

also, what is your avatar? is that squid girl? It looks like squid girl to me but the art style is different.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-01-04 at 10:11 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Jealous?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Snowbluff, not in front of the malcontent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Oh sempai, do behave yourself.
    I dictate the time and the place.

Cronus and Khonsu bend their knee to me.
    Also i find it strange that i have watched over a solid month and a half times worth of anime and very little of it actually has any school girls. Also my anime library seems to be generally weird by anime standards.
    Date A Live has a school in it because that's the setting of all anime. I usually avoid it as you do.

I do want someone to discuss the anime with. Not because I think it's good, but because I think I could talk about how to make it better.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

14. - Top - End - #224

Spoiler: And you thought you were safe.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225

Hey IZ42, here's a little something to get you through Tuesday.

Monk's Blood
    Number of Doses: 1 (*1 part)
    Type: Contact
    Onset: 1d4 rounds
    Damage/Result: Death, -3d6 str, -1d6 con, save DC 42 fortitude negates
    Frequency of Active Ingredient: Extremely Rare
    Cost per Dose: 30,000 gp

This is not a traditional poison, as it truly is the blood of a monk. When a being as pure as an epic level monk is **slain in combat, it's blood is so pure that any chaotic creature touching it must make a save or be ravaged by his blood. One of the rarest poisons in existence, Monk's Blood will go for a pretty penny on the black market.

*A dose is one ounce of liquid, you can make as many doses of this poison as can be held in the monk's body.
    **The poison only functions while said monk is dead. That means no epic level blood drives to fuel your demon killing needs.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-01-05 at 01:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Andezzarite is a rare mineral toxic to living things. Often encountered mining it is crushed as it appears as small chunks of granite. Inhalation of the fine dust causes the subject to become agitated and combative. The dust also cause the subject to lose their ability to form rational arguments. They will continually go around in circles ignoring points that fully disprove their theory, or appropriating them to try to make their point.

Larger quantities can be fatal as they cause a drain on intelligence and wisdom. At a dose rate of four points per vial drain on intelligence and wisdom, reversible only by wish and miracle on a per dose basis the substance fetches a hefty price on the blackmarket due to its rarity and hard to reverse effects.

Cost :5000 platinum pieces
    Dose: vial
    4 points intelligence and wisdom damage.
    Last edited by yellowrocket; 2016-01-05 at 03:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Bleeding Sores of Iz (IZ42)

This disease, contracted at times on Avernus, inflicts the pain and suffering of the legendary Iz onto those afflicted by it. Slowly but surely those inflicted by the disease waste away wounds forming across their bodies, blood filled sores developing across their flesh.

Incubation period: 2d4 days.
    Damage: 1d4+1 Constitution damage
    Fortitude Save: 16
    Special: Those inflicted with the Bleeding Sores of Iz suffer 1 additional point of damage each round for 1 minute or until they receive a DC 15 Heal check or at least 1 point of magical healing every time they take damage from a slashing or piercing weapon; multiple instances of this damage stack.

Paladin's Justice (Loyal Paladin)

This poison, used primarily by servants of law, has no effect upon Lawful Good creatures, and its most grievous against creatures of Chaos and Evil.

Saving Throw DC: 20
    Initial Damage: None if Lawful Good, 1d3 Strength if not Lawful Good but not Chaotic or Evil, 1d4 Strength if Neutral or Lawful Evil, 1d6 Strength if Chaotic Good or Neutral, 2d6 Strength if Chaotic Evil.
    Secondary Damage: None if Lawful Good, 1d3 Strength if not Lawful Good but not Chaotic or Evil, 1d4 Strength if Neutral or Lawful Evil, 1d6 Strength if Chaotic Good or Neutral, 2d6 Strength if Chaotic Evil and instantly returned to their home plane.
    Cost per Dose: Umm... 500 GP???

Fel Spit (Red Fel)

Concocted only in the depths of Nessus itself, this supernatural poison corrupts the mind and will as much as the body, causing evil to flow through the afflicted.

Saving Throw DC: 22
    Initial Damage: 2d6 Wisdom
    Secondary Damage: Alignment becomes Evil for 1 hour (as morality undone).
    Cost per Dose: 500 GP???

Neophenitis (Neopheonix0)

Usually contracted during travel through the Astral Plane either via actually traveling upon it, or the brief contact with the plane that happens during teleportation and planar travel.

Incubation period: 1d4 days.
    Damage: 1d3 Dexterity, Wisdom, and Charisma damage.
    Fortitude Save: 18
    Special: While afflicted with Neophenitis you teleport 1d10 x 5-ft in a random direction once every 1 to 10 minutes. Neophenitis resists attempts at magical cure, requiring a DC 25 caster level check to cure with Remove Disease.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

18. - Top - End - #228

Welcome back to the madness, Zaydos! Somehow we manged to get two of these threads going at once...

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Fel Spit (Red Fel)

Concocted only in the depths of Nessus itself, this supernatural poison corrupts the mind and will as much as the body, causing evil to flow through the afflicted.

Saving Throw DC: 22
    Initial Damage: 2d6 Wisdom
    Secondary Damage: Alignment becomes Evil for 1 hour (as morality undone).
    Cost per Dose: 500 GP???
    Hmm. Simple enough. Subject becomes weak-willed, subject becomes mine Evil. I like it. Little pocket-sized dose, endless fun.

And I find myself inspired. Zaydos, this one's for you.

Dragonslough

This terrible disease, magical in nature, makes a Dragon a pariah among his own people.

Incubation period: 1d4 days.
    Damage: See below.
    Fortitude Save: 20

Only Dragons are susceptible to Dragonslough. Should the disease infect any non-Dragon creature, it immediately dissipates harmlessly.

When the disease is contracted, the Dragon must make a Fortitude save. If successful, the disease is resisted. If not, the Dragon must make a Fortitude save at the end of the incubation period. If this is successful, the Dragon has fought off the infection, and the disease leaves his system. If not, he takes an immediate 1d2 damage to all ability scores. This ability damage cannot be recovered unless the disease is successfully fought off or removed.

One month after this ability damage, and every month thereafter, the Dragon must make another Fortitude save. If he fails this save, adjust his size, ability scores, spellcasting, special qualities, special attacks, and all other aspects of his Dragonhood, as if he were one Age Category less than his present. These reductions are cumulative. If at any point he makes his monthly Fortitude save, he successfully fights off the infection, and may recover his Age Categories at a rate of one per year.

If he is reduced to an effective Wyrmling Age Category by this effect, the next failed Fortitude save has a terrible result. On a failed Fortitude save, the last vestiges of Dragonhood are painfully ripped away. The Dragon becomes a mere Human. Its type changes to Humanoid (Human, Augmented), and it loses any benefits of the Dragon type. The disease dissipates in the now-Human's body, and the changes become permanent. Any Dragon whose age is not measured in Age Categories is treated as having a Wyrmling Age Category for this purpose.

Prior to being turned into a Human, the disease can be removed by casting Wish or Remove Curse, followed by Remove Disease.

Dragons afflicted with Dragonslough are frequently ostracized, due to a fear of contagion.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2016-01-05 at 01:36 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome back to the madness, Zaydos! Somehow we manged to get two of these threads going at once...
    ow and loyals evil sister joined us she is called VirusInk and she needs great dracoliches help sir

21. - Top - End - #231
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey IZ42, here's a little something to get you through Tuesday.

Monk's Blood
    Number of Doses: 1 (*1 part)
    Type: Contact
    Onset: 1d4 rounds
    Damage/Result: Death, -3d6 str, -1d6 con, save DC 42 fortitude negates
    Frequency of Active Ingredient: Extremely Rare
    Cost per Dose: 30,000 gp

This is not a traditional poison, as it truly is the blood of a monk. When a being as pure as an epic level monk is **slain in combat, it's blood is so pure that any evil creature touching it must make a save or be ravaged by his blood. One of the rarest poisons in existence, Monk's Blood will go for a pretty penny on the black market.

*A dose is one ounce of liquid, you can make as many doses of this poison as can be held in the monk's body.
    **The poison only functions while said monk is dead. That means no epic level blood drives to fuel your demon killing needs.
    Shouldn't that be chaotic targets? Monks don't have to be Good, but they do have to be Lawful.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Shouldn't that be chaotic targets? Monks don't have to be Good, but they do have to be Lawful.
    That's a fair point. I'll adjust it.

23. - Top - End - #233

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Now don't let the cranky paladin pressure you into a morality choice. Then again i would hardly be a good counsel on this decision as i just sorta gave up on having a decisive morality, it was too much of a restrictive decision.

also, what is your avatar? is that squid girl? It looks like squid girl to me but the art style is different.
    Oh he's always trying to convert me to either lawful or good but it never seems to work. It makes dinner conversations pretty interesting at least.

It does kinda look like squid girl in that huh? It's actually Noel from Sora no Method. :) The icon started as a joke between LP and I haha.

Jealous?
    ...No. I wouldn't stoop to such a level!

24. - Top - End - #234

[Insert Snowbluff's screaming gif that I always lose here]
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-01-05 at 03:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Praise Singer's Draught (Illayhr)

This ingested poison works on the speech centers of a person's brain making it so they cannot talk normally instead each and every word comes out to a musical tune. As such it is valued by those who have a distaste for mages.

Type: Ingested.
    Save DC: DC 19.
    Initial Damage: 1d4 Wisdom damage and inability to speak normally for 10 minutes all words coming out in a singsong which disrupts command words and the verbal components of spells that are not cast as a bard.
    Secondary Damage: 2d4 Wisdom damage and inability to speak normally for 1d4 hours all words coming out in a singsong which disrupts command words and the verbal components of spells that are not cast as a bard.
    Cost per Dose: 400 GP? If you haven't noticed I have no idea how to price these.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Ha!

calleditcalleditcalleditcalleditcalledit
    [Insert Snowbluff's screaming gif that I always lose here]
    Here you go, kind sir.

You do know it's a gif of a sister who's trying to get with her brother but having a mental breakdown because the pedophile roommate rich girl is blocking her? I mean, it was funny, but I somehow find it inappropriate.

Oh me, that was a contemptible anime. The stuff I watch for the gif rights...
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

27. - Top - End - #237

Here you go, kind sir.

You do know it's a gif of a sister who's trying to get with her brother but having a mental breakdown because the pedophile roommate rich girl is blocking her? I mean, it was funny, but I somehow find it inappropriate.

Oh me, that was a contemptible anime. The stuff I watch for the gif rights...
    Thank you for the gif. Now I sort of feel dirty for wanting to use it in the first place, though...

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Ah crap, have we got another Dere in here???
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Despite being the internet Yandere Queen (apparently), I'm a himedere in real life. wow that sounds stupid
    Thank you for the gif. Now I sort of feel dirty for wanting to use it in the first place, though...
    Excellent. I feel content.

Your misery makes company. That's how the saying goes, right?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-01-05 at 04:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Ah crap, have we got another Dere in here???
    Everyone has a little dere inside them... right? RIGHT?!

Excellent. I feel content.

Your misery makes company. That's how the saying goes, right?

That's not how that goes...