New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Grief In the Shell: Madokapunk FFRP OOC/Recruitment

Still going! And open to discussion in how you want to contribute.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Nathaniel Franklin, aka Lux Chevalier]
    Spoiler: FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
    Show
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 225 lbs.
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Black

Faction: United States Army; currently on loan to the JSDF; more broadly affiliated with the United Nations, and several international counter-terrorist groups.
    Rank: Major in the United States Army; typically commander of US Army Special Forces company focused on counter-terror work, when not liasoned out to various groups.

Description: Tall, broad-shouldered, well-muscled, fit, handsome. Hair kept just short enough to not look unruly, but long enough to be a bit wavy. Square-jawed. Basically, an All-American Man look. His body is, essentially, in the absolute peak of human condition and fitness, an essentially perfect specimen.
    When not "officially" operating as Lux Chevalier, Nathan tends to either dress casually (when not officially on-duty), or in the appropriate level (combat uniform, service uniform, or dress uniform) of uniform for his current tasks. He tends to wear as little ornamentation as possible, usually just his rank bars and a very minimalist set of medals if required.
    His Soul Gem is located on the left side of his chest, just a bit above his heart. This means it's often very well-protected by his Lux Chevalier outfit.

Nathan is a very open, honest, and caring young man; he strives to believe the best in people, no matter what, though after a point he may cease trying to actively draw it out. He does his best to help other people feel like they are worthwhile, they can still accomplish things, and so on. In short, he seeks to encourage, uplift, and inspire people.
    While he loves his home country, Nathan is wise enough to know no country is perfect, and thus instead he seeks to encourage people to believe in not just themselves, their family, and their friends, but also in their country. He tries to encourage them to work to make it better if they feel it's not great.

History: Nathan signed onto the US Army at age 18, and was phenomenally successful, quickly getting himself into advanced training and schooling, before ending up in a newly-created special forces unit dedicated to combating terrorists and criminals utilizing large amounts of magic and/or exotic technology. The unit did include some Magika, but most of them (like Nathan) just used high-end military gear. They're very good at what they do. But so are the terrorists and criminals they face.
    Nathan was heavily wounded in a firefight, so wounded he was left crippled for life, much of his body a mass of scar tissue. He faced a lifetime of doing very little, despite being so young he rightly should have had much ahead of him. Then a Kyubey appeared, and though he was older than most Wish recipients, Nathan was given a chance to be a Magika, to change the world. He took that chance.
    His transformation brought with it a fresh chance to serve not just his country, but the world as a whole. Nathan quickly got to work in the same sorts of missions he'd done before, fighting against those who would use magic and technology to disturb the world order.
    In recent times, he's been part of an exchange program with Japan's JSDF, and just in the last couple of weeks has ended up in Neo-Mitkahara. Which means he's present for the unfolding mysteries and drama...

Spoiler: THE MAGIC OF FREEDOM
    Show
    Wish: "I want to defend the defenseless, help the helpless, stand in the gap, stand watch in the night. I want people to know they can hope for a better tomorrow. I want them to live free of fear. I want to be a hero for everyone."
    Costume/Thematics: Lux Chevalier is, in a word, a shining knight. When transformed, Nathan bears a full-body costume. The base layer looks like a snug (but not skintight) futuristic fabric of a bright white color. Layered over that is what looks like futuristic plate armor, covering his torso and most of his arms and legs, with a smooth breastplate and slightly larger-than-average shoulder-plates. The armor is a shining steel, almost silver color, with the front and back of the breastplate, the shoulder pads, and the knee pads/plates bearing a Maltese cross in brilliant gold. His head is protected by a helmet that seems a fusion of modern and classic, styled like a barbute but with somewhat modern lines. The cheek-plates of the helmet can fold back, to let others see more of his face, or the "T" visor can be covered by a slightly tinted glass-like material.
    Lux Chevalier has but one weapon: a shield. It is a rounded triangular shape, vaguely reminiscent of an arrowhead. The border of the shield's front surface is gold, as is the Maltese Cross in the center of the shield, while the rest of it is that same silvery steel color of his armor.
    Abilities: Overall, Lux Chevalier is geared for boosting the effectiveness of his comrades, and defending himself and them.
    Spoiler: FREEDOM IS A POWERFUL FORCE
    Show
    Peak Human: Even un-transformed, Nathan's body operates at peak capacity for a human; the best comparison is an Olympic decathlete. When transformed, Lux Chevalier is capable of superhuman physical feats (such as running 40+ miles an hour, lifting hundreds of pounds with ease, and bearing greatly enhanced senses and reflexes; as with most any Magika, he can outright fly, though he often prefers to run and leap with his enhanced strength and agility instead.
    Armored Knight: The armor of Lux Chevalier's costume brings incredible protection from major injury, absorbing punishment at an incredible rate. His shield can negate much of the power of lesser blows, and soften most such that Lux has little risk of broken bones.
    Best Offense Is Defense: Lux's shield can be thrown, surrounding it in shining golden energy that makes it as sharp as any sword. The shield can bounce up to 4 times as it flies through the air like a giant arrowhead, before flying back to Lux's waiting arms.
    Only As Good As The Team: Lux Chevalier is capable of providing an immediate and steady boost to the capabilities of his fellows. Be it physical or mystical, offensive or defensive in nature, Lux's "aura" (which extends for a pretty good distance around him) gives a constant, passive boost to anyone he considers an ally.
    Stand In The Gap: Lux can project a shield of energy for 15 feet in any direction from his shield. This field is purely defensive, and if encountering resistance at the edge, will form around said resistance (and allow it to withdraw behind or through itself), or simply stop (if it's large enough, such as the ground) rather than cutting it; it can extend out to 20 feet in all directions at once. This field is not truly invulnerable, but it is difficult to destroy outright, and can absorb a great deal of punishment.
    Armor of Light: Lux can give up to 3 other people an enhancement in the form of a "suit" of "armor" composed of light energy that wraps around their body (but does not obscure their view). This enhancement can be applied to anyone, magical or not, and lasts for several hours if not damaged. It can absorb a decent amount of punishment, but unless Lux Chevalier is constantly maintaining it, it will fade much quicker than Lux's shield-projected fields.

Perception: Opinions on Lux Chevalier are mixed. In America, most view him as an amazing hero in chaotic times, with only a few darkened cynics trying to say he's "too old-fashioned" or the like. Abroad, it largely depends on where he goes, though typically the average person, and/or any military or police personnel who work with him directly, are fairly positive. Others decry him as a puppet of the American government, a naive and starry-eyed Yankee who just needs to go home already.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2016-10-22 at 11:04 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Looks good to me.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Since there's been no general outcry, if Sel and strawbs are cool with him I'm cool trying to bring Lux into play. I think there'd been some talk between myself and strawbs about plopping him down into Wishcraft because shenanigans.
    Dunny'll have something come up, I'm sure.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm still waiting for feedback on my character.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

DUDE!! So sorry about that. When you first posted, things kinda... dropped for several reasons, so we totally missed it.

I for one approve of your character. Nothing wrong with Hoshi that I can spot.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

All I really have to say on Hoshi is that there might be some overlap with what I have planned for Rio. I'm intentionally vague in her character post because I want it to play out before any specific examples come up, but that small paragraph basically encapsulates the plan I have. She can empower anyone, though mashou will have a proportionately less benefit than a normal human. That is basically her focus, though, and she has very little personal offensive power, and her attributes all-around are low with a likely low potential for growth.

I have no problem with overlap, for the most part, just want to give fair warning.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2016-10-26 at 05:49 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    All I really have to say on Hoshi is that there might be some overlap with what I have planned for Rio. I'm intentionally vague in her character post because I want it to play out before any specific examples come up, but that small paragraph basically encapsulates the plan I have. She can empower anyone, though mashou will have a proportionately less benefit than a normal human. That is basically her focus, though, and she has very little personal offensive power, and her attributes all-around are low with a likely low potential for growth.

I have no problem with overlap, for the most part, just want to give fair warning.
    I see it as a potential mentor/student relationship. And since thematically our characters are different, there wouldn't be much overlap in day to day. Maybe only when big fights turn up.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

I died. Figuratively. Can I still be in this?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

I believe you can.

Help me lift up these figurative giant electric paddles.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow. I started to work on that character, but it turns out I've forgotten most of it. I guess I'll start over, then. I just need a suitably heartwrenching wish... oh, and everything else. :P