New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: D&D which edition

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    I think that you're invested in edition-war-by-video-game-proxy right now, or else upset that I'm comparing a thing you like with a thing you don't like, so I'm gonna exit stage right. (And I also don't think you have played the new Xcom.) Have a good day.
    No, I'm not invested in anything. I just think there are some interesting parallels with the Xcom and D&D editions that I hadn't really thought about before.

I haven't played the Xcom remakes. I considered it but watched a few videos for info before I spent money on it (plus I run unix boxes so there can be insurmountable technical issues with precompiled executables for other boxes) and the gameplay in those videos was too different from what I wanted from the genera.
    Last edited by Telok; 2016-01-25 at 03:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: D&D which edition

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Don't sweat the edition. Playing with any edition is better than not playing.

I can't overstate how much I agree with the quote above
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    If the game features a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon and you play a Wizard with a magic wand, or a warrior in armor, wielding a longbow, just like the picture on the box I picked up in 1978, whatever the edition, I want to play that game!
    EDITION WARS ARE FUN!
    But actually PLAYING THE GAME (whatever the heck the edition) is EVEN MORE FUN!!!
    Last edited by 2D8HP; 2016-04-12 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Now with more EXPLANATION POINTS! !!!