New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Fantasy Football in the Playground? [Recruiting]

Having heard no significant clamor for change, we'll go with the default roster. See you all at the draft tonight!
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

2. - Top - End - #62

Default Re: Fantasy Football in the Playground?

Assuming there are no stat corrections, I really squeaked out a victory this week. Down about 30 points going into Monday night, AB and Jordan Reed really came through for me.

How did everyone else's week go? I'm 3-0 across all leagues, the other two wins were by large margins. I'm feeling pretty good about the year so far, except for losing Keenan Allen in my work PPR league. I was so high on him this year and got him at a good place in the draft. I really feel for the guy, too.

NFL.com used to do weekly matchup previews and summaries, but it looks like they got rid of those. They were automated, of course, but I though they were fun to read.
    Forum Rules

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

I went 2-1 this week. Lost pretty badly in this league, won by a huge margin in my work league, and barely slipped out a win in my friends league (Thank you DeAngelo Williams). Not too bad considering I missed two drafts and never checked any of my rosters last week. Our first baby decided to show up Tuesday and I got a little distracted, but I promise I'll keep up with the league now.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Assuming there are no stat corrections, I really squeaked out a victory this week. Down about 30 points going into Monday night, AB and Jordan Reed really came through for me.

How did everyone else's week go? I'm 3-0 across all leagues, the other two wins were by large margins. I'm feeling pretty good about the year so far, except for losing Keenan Allen in my work PPR league. I was so high on him this year and got him at a good place in the draft. I really feel for the guy, too.

NFL.com used to do weekly matchup previews and summaries, but it looks like they got rid of those. They were automated, of course, but I though they were fun to read.
    I lost pretty badly in this league, mainly due to the combination of Gronkowski not playing (and picking up a waiver TE means basically just a couple points) and the fact that there was no information posted anywhere that Brady serving his suspension so I got a 0 from him.

But whatever, won my other 2 leagues easily.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

1-1 In my main league, I had two players with double digits. Just two. And I left Danny Woodhead on the bench.

AJ Green and...Dan Bailey, of all people, carried me in this league.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Damn I could be in trouble. I was travelling this morning with no internet, I had to make an early decision and I made a gamble that Gronk was going to play, and he's out.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-09-18 at 02:35 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #67

Some close games this week, but I think I'm in good position. As long as Cutler stays under 27, Langford picks up at least 4, and Jeffery stays under 13, I will go 3-0 this week. So here's to hoping for lots of running and not much passing from Chicago tonight.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

2-0 so far, so much for the computer projections which has had me losing both weeks and only picking 4 wins all season. Losing AP isn't good, but Ive won without him contributing jack so Im not crying.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #69

From 3-0 across my leagues last week to 0-3 this week, it's been a rollercoaster so far. No real reason except poor player performance this week, oh and in my main league I lost Keenan Allen last week and Danny Woodhead this weak. I think I'm changing my team name to "Hide yo ACLs!" or something like that. I suppose being 1-1 in all my leagues is an okay start, but I had higher hopes, especially in my main league.

In the GitP league, I got crushed by like 40 points and not even 22 points from the Bronco's D could save me.
    Forum Rules

10. - Top - End - #70

Chicago was kind to me, so I pulled off 3-0 this week, moving me to 2-0 at work and 1-1 in both other leagues. But I'm fairly concerned. In two of my wins, the only person I would have beat was my current opponent. I don't think I'll always be so lucky.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I lost Woodhead in my main league, and I have Jamaal Charles. My rb's combined for five points.

But, still won. 3-1 so far between both leagues. Waiting for that to go downhill soon.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, I lost Woodhead in my main league, and I have Jamaal Charles. My rb's combined for five points.

But, still won. 3-1 so far between both leagues. Waiting for that to go downhill soon.
    Well you got seriously lucky against me. Both Martin and Foster got injured early in the games, and I had to gamble on Gronk with no solid info.

But freaking hell my roster is already being destroyed by injuries.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

And now I have to go seeking a replacement for my #1 pick.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Went 1-2 week one (fortunately winning in my pay league) to 3-0 this week. It was a good week. Lots of injuries out there though...
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

UGH. There was a whole bunch of big announcements Gronk was going to play.

One target, zero yards. FML.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    UGH. There was a whole bunch of big announcements Gronk was going to play.

One target, zero yards. FML.
    Brissett is apparently a rushing QB, so that undoubtedly hurts things. Heck, he rushed for almost half as many yards as he threw (which wasn't a lot).

My big mistake was not starting Blount. I figured the Texans Def would hold him back. But apparently the Texans thought they played Sunday...

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Brissett is apparently a rushing QB, so that undoubtedly hurts things. Heck, he rushed for almost half as many yards as he threw (which wasn't a lot).

My big mistake was not starting Blount. I figured the Texans Def would hold him back. But apparently the Texans thought they played Sunday...
    Yeah I was busting one of my buddies balls yesterday after the game. He came into the season saying the Texans were going to be some amazing team going to the Superbowl.

They literally just lost to the Patriots 3rd string QB with their star TE only taking 14 snaps. And not even lost - they got absolutely DEMOLISHED.

It's not all bad for me though. I had the Pats defense in one of my other leagues. 22 points of defensive goodness baby
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-09-23 at 02:48 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

So fun fact. Now the Patriots THIRD string quarterback is injured (tore something in his throwing hand/thumb)

Allegedly if Garoppolo isn't healed enough to start next week, Belichick is going to play EDELMAN as the starting quarterback.

So if that actually happens.... wtf is that going to do to fantasy?!?!?! Could Edelman still be played in the WR slot??? Because that would be broke as heck.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-09-23 at 06:41 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah I was busting one of my buddies balls yesterday after the game. He came into the season saying the Texans were going to be some amazing team going to the Superbowl.

They literally just lost to the Patriots 3rd string QB with their star TE only taking 14 snaps. And not even lost - they got absolutely DEMOLISHED.

It's not all bad for me though. I had the Pats defense in one of my other leagues. 22 points of defensive goodness baby
    To be fair, a LOT of people were picking Houston to go far this year.
    So fun fact. Now the Patriots THIRD string quarterback is injured (tore something in his throwing hand/thumb)

Allegedly if Garoppolo isn't healed enough to start next week, Belichick is going to play EDELMAN as the starting quarterback.

So if that actually happens.... wtf is that going to do to fantasy?!?!?! Could Edelman still be played in the WR slot??? Because that would be broke as heck.
    I think the way it would work in fantasy, you would have to place him either in the WR slot of the QB slot, not both. However, I'm not even sure you'd be allowed to even if you owned him.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the way it would work in fantasy, you would have to place him either in the WR slot of the QB slot, not both. However, I'm not even sure you'd be allowed to even if you owned him.
    No, I mean obviously he wouldn't be in both slots, but he's tagged as a WR right now - if he's actually starting as a QB would fantasy force you to start him in the QB slot?

As a QB there's no way he'd be worth it, but if he stays flagged as a WR in fantasy but actually acts as the QB he's basically guaranteed to get 15+ points which is a huge game for a WR slot.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

As a QB there's no way he'd be worth it, but if he stays flagged as a WR in fantasy but actually acts as the QB he's basically guaranteed to get 15+ points which is a huge game for a WR slot.
    If the computer has him tagged as a WR, it simply wont let you drop him into the QB spot.

Theres one thing that bothers me about football and its the gorilla mentality that dominates the game. Why is it necessary to pound your chest and jump around like a maniac just because you stopped a guy for no gain. Even when you are losing 30-0 with 2 minutes left in the game and its like "look at me, I'm the man".
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    If the computer has him tagged as a WR, it simply wont let you drop him into the QB spot.

Theres one thing that bothers me about football and its the gorilla mentality that dominates the game. Why is it necessary to pound your chest and jump around like a maniac just because you stopped a guy for no gain. Even when you are losing 30-0 with 2 minutes left in the game and its like "look at me, I'm the man".
    Football most definitely isn't unique to this.

Celebrating big plays is actually much worse in online gaming. It gets pretty funny when you watch low-level games and players celebrate and talk **** about really pretty mediocre plays.

And yes, it can get a bit ridiculous when anybody celebrates a big play when they still decisively lose the game.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Football most definitely isn't unique to this.

Celebrating big plays is actually much worse in online gaming. It gets pretty funny when you watch low-level games and players celebrate and talk **** about really pretty mediocre plays.

And yes, it can get a bit ridiculous when anybody celebrates a big play when they still decisively lose the game.
    Had a guy in Overwatch a couple nights ago who teabagged every person he killed. He didn't understand when we, his allies, told him to knock it off.

24. - Top - End - #84

When I first read the title, I thought of this.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon D20: A system designed for adventuring in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world.

The Review/Analysis Thread: In-depth reviews of various games and RPG products.

The New/Redone Monsters Thread: Taking bad or bland monsters and making them more interesting and challenging.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Realms of Myth: In the world of monsters, Winda and Wynn go on an "epic" journey to find the legendary Dark Magician.

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Madoka and Kingdom Hearts.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It simply comes down to how he is classified by the system. Assuming he is still classified as a WR, then he goes in a WR spot. But you'll still get stats for him. Most systems will give offensive points to any player regardless of position (EX: QBs and WRs get rushing stats, RBs get receiving stats, and any player who throws a pass gets passing stats). So he'll get passing stats and passing TDs even though he's in a WR spot.

I'll assume our league will do it because we're on NFL Fantasy, and the NFL Fantasy playoff challenge does it. I got points when Edelman threw the TD pass to Amendola when they played the Ravens in playoffs in 2015.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being broken. Remember, he's a 4th string QB by default. That pass worked because everyone forgot he could throw so once he had the ball Amendola was wide open. It was his first NFL pass.

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice pass. But any QB (even High school) could have made it given how open Amendola was. Buffalo has a decent defense, so (assuming they show up, unlike the Texans) I suspect they would hold Edelman pretty tight.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah, you're right. It'll just look weird on the stat sheet. I remember playing a WR one year who did nothing, but managed a passing touchdown, which I got credit for.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

LT used to get all kinds of credits for passing TDs when the Chargers used to run options with him.

And speaking of this week, racked up another win after the computer once again picked me to lose. Thats right computer, keep picking against me and I'll keep winning. Think you might want to rethink your prediction of 4 wins all year for me?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure how a starting running back gets -.5 points in a win, but this is the worst games I've had.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Not sure how a starting running back gets -.5 points in a win, but this is the worst games I've had.
    Ahh, you must have Ryan Matthews as well. I have him in my family league.

He apparently had 2 rushes for -5 yards.... I'm assuming he got injured, although I'm not finding that yet.

30. - Top - End - #90

The thing I hate about fantasy football is having to cheer for teams you don't like. I really dislike the Chiefs, but I have their defense on every one of my teams, and they basically gave me a win in all three leagues.