New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Fantasy Football in the Playground?

Well, my pay league had their draft today. I'm not too displeased with the results.

(We play in a Two QB League).

QB Tom Brady
    QB Andy Dalton
    RB David Johnson
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    WR Michael Thomas
    WR Amari Cooper
    TE Jimmy Graham
    FLEX Frank Gore
    D/ST Seahawks
    K Stephen Gostkowski, NE K
    Bench Kelvin Benjamin WR
    Bench C.J. Anderson RB
    Bench Carson Palmer QB
    Bench Randall Cobb WR
    Bench Darren McFadden RB
    Bench Eric Ebron TE

Had the second pick, but pick 1 went with Bell instead of Johnson. Am also taking a gamble on McFadden on my bench (namely that Elliott misses some games for some reason).
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

And my other two drafts are done. These are 1 point PPR leagues in Yahoo, which claims I won both drafts (uh huh). Both are family leagues, and the first has an IR spot.

Drew Brees NO - QB
    Mike Evans TB - WR
    Martavis Bryant Pit - WR
    DeMarco Murray Ten - RB
    Carlos Hyde SF - RB
    Martellus Bennett GB - TE
    Golden Tate Det - WR
    Duke Johnson Jr. Cle - RB
    Andrew Luck Ind - QB
    John Brown Ari - WR
    Jamaal Charles Den - RB
    Julius Thomas Mia - TE
    Justin Tucker Bal - K
    Kansas City KC – DEF

Russell Wilson Sea - QB
    Jordy Nelson GB - WR
    T.Y. Hilton Ind - WR
    Melvin Gordon LAC - RB
    Ty Montgomery GB - RB
    Jimmy Graham Sea - TE
    DeSean Jackson TB - WR
    Mark Ingram NO - RB
    Duke Johnson Jr. Cle - RB
    John Brown Ari - WR
    Eli Manning NYG - QB
    Julius Thomas Mia - TE
    Justin Tucker Bal - K
    Kansas City KC - DEF

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I can only feel sorry for a guy in one of my leagues who drafted, and I am not exaggerating, Cameron Meredith, Spencer Ware, Julian Edelman, and Anquan Boldin. And this is in a 20 team league where there are not too many players to pick up. Meanwhile I got Kareem Hunt and Chris Hogan way late in the draft and have decided to not rub it in his face. Such is the fate of the early drafter.
    This is my homebrew I'm excited about; It's an equipment homebrew: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post19875440

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Daws2727 View Post
    I can only feel sorry for a guy in one of my leagues who drafted, and I am not exaggerating, Cameron Meredith, Spencer Ware, Julian Edelman, and Anquan Boldin. And this is in a 20 team league where there are not too many players to pick up. Meanwhile I got Kareem Hunt and Chris Hogan way late in the draft and have decided to not rub it in his face. Such is the fate of the early drafter.
    Yikes.

In one of my leagues, someone who auto-drafted ended up with Edelman and Ware. In my other league, I drafted Spencer Ware. The day before his injury.

Good thing I loaded up on running backs.
    I say we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find. And we can act like we come from out of this world, leave the real one far behind. We can dance.

The Adventures of Amber Yarrowhill, IC and OOC

In the Hands of an Angry God June 2017 - November 2018. RIP.

My Player Registry Entry

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Never ever ever, play in a league with more than twelve players. You get to sixteen players, then you have zero options for free agent quarterbacks. 32 teams, 16 players with 2 QB's each.

Twenty players is just stupid, and I hope to hell they aren't paying for it.

6. - Top - End - #216

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Never ever ever, play in a league with more than twelve players. You get to sixteen players, then you have zero options for free agent quarterbacks. 32 teams, 16 players with 2 QB's each.
    I could not agree more.

Most I have ever done was twelve teams in a league. Currently I'm sitting comfortably at ten teams in either league I'm in, which I consider optimal.
    I say we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find. And we can act like we come from out of this world, leave the real one far behind. We can dance.

My Player Registry Entry

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yea, 12 should be the upper limit. I did 14 once and that was miserable. I can't even imagine 20...

I have two leagues of 10 and one (my pay) of 8.

How many of you have two week playoff rounds and how many have one week playoff rounds? We go one week in all three leagues. Top 4 teams only.

8. - Top - End - #218

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    How many of you have two week playoff rounds and how many have one week playoff rounds? We go one week in all three leagues. Top 4 teams only.
    One of each. I had two-week playoffs in both leagues last year, but the ones in the league at work did not like that, so now that one is back to one-week playoff games.

My Player Registry Entry

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

It's a 20 team league, with 22 player per team as well because of the 6 IDP spots and 3 WR spots. Nobody has a backup QB, so there are still free agents for bye weeks and injury and stuff. It's actually really fun!
    This is my homebrew I'm excited about; It's an equipment homebrew: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post19875440

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It's a 20 team league, with 22 player per team as well because of the 6 IDP spots and 3 WR spots. Nobody has a backup QB, so there are still free agents for bye weeks and injury and stuff. It's actually really fun!
    Hey, if you enjoy it then more power to you. But that sounds crazy to me!

Also, if you haven't already heard, the Tampa/Miami game has been pushed to Week 11 (basically losing their Bye Week and having their first game week 2). So if you had players from either team starting this week you'll need to alter your rosters.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the reminder. Ugh. I have Jarvis Landry. Already not feeling confident about my team. Leaves week one with Russell Wilson, DeMarco Murray, Kareem Hunt, Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, Delanie Walker, and Jonathan Stewart.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Anybody have a lot riding on tonight's game? I have Cooks and Hunt in one league. It's gonna be nice to have some NFL football again, even if CFL football is 1 1/2 times more entertaining.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Chief's Defense (in two of my three leagues).

14. - Top - End - #224

ElfRogueGirl

Anybody have a lot riding on tonight's game? I have Cooks and Hunt in one league. It's gonna be nice to have some NFL football again, even if CFL football is 1 1/2 times more entertaining.
    My opponent this week has Tom Brady and Mike Gillislee, so I guess I do. He also has Jay Ajayi.

In my other league I have Tyreek Hill.

My Player Registry Entry

15. - Top - End - #225

ElfRogueGirl

So, who started Alex Smith against the Patriots?

I left Tyreek Hill on my bench. Kicking myself a little bit.

My Player Registry Entry

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

OH MY GOD KAREEM HUNT, I LOVE YOU!!!

I missed the game due to work, but holy hell. 40 freaking points from Hunt. I've had whole teams not get 40 points before.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

When I stopped watching it was halfway through the third quarter and Hunt had I think 10 points. He must've had a nice 4th quarter. That is a nice way to start the year!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Chiefs Def took a bath point-wise. Only 3 points (fortunately they got three sack).

And of course, start the speculation on whether Brady has finally lost a step or two.

But both Hill and Hunt had excellent games. They are saying it was just cramps that caused him to leave in the fourth, so no worries there if you have him.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

There is nothing more satisfying than watching the Cheatriots, and especially the Cheatriots D, get totally reamed. For all those players and fans who were barking about the perfect season before the first whistle even sounded, how are you feeling now?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a Chiefs fan (not before the Cowboys), so there may be some bias here, but don't let one game skew your opinion of Tom Brady. Chiefs have a dominating defense, and Brady lost his number one receiver.

Speaking of losses though, Eric Berry is out for the year with a ruptured achilles tendon. Really sucks.

21. - Top - End - #231

ElfRogueGirl

I'm a Chiefs fan (not before the Cowboys), so there may be some bias here, but don't let one game skew your opinion of Tom Brady. Chiefs have a dominating defense, and Brady lost his number one receiver.
    First off, my sympathies on Berry. We've all been there.

Second, you beat me to making this point.

The secret that makes Tom Brady truly great is not his freakishly fast pass release (0.3 seconds?!? Are we sure he's not some kind of cyborg?), or the fact he's in better shape at 40 than half the players in the league were at half that age. Brady is the NFL equivalent of Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant, and like with those two, what makes him great isn't his almost unnatural athleticism and physical conditioning. It's all in his mind - he's frighteningly intelligent when it comes to football, has an instinctive understanding of both the game itself and of every play on the field.

The first game of the season is practically Pre-season, Part 2.The starters are still working off the rust. Brady will adjust to losing Edelman, he will recover from this week's loss, and next week, the Saints defense will be very, very sorry, that so many "experts" out there spent this week writing off Tom Brady as "too old".

No, I am not a Patriot's fan. I am however a fan of the game of football itself (all true fans are), and from that point of view, it is impossible not to admire what Tom Brady does at the QB position.

My Player Registry Entry

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by scalyfreak View Post
    I am however a fan of the game of football itself (all true fans are), and from that point of view, it is impossible not to admire what Tom Brady does at the QB position.
    As a woman, I see Brady as man who cheated on his pregnant girlfriend, and every male high-fiving him for being able to shag two model quality women at once.
    As a football ban, I see Brady as a player who shamelessly cheated in the Deflategate affair, was a participant in one year long deception where he spent the entire season on the "doubtful" injury status, and was a part of the organization that got caught in Spygate. Guilt by association.
    As a person, I see Brady as an incredibly arrogant person who treats the entire public as being completely stupid, "I routinely destroy my phones every 3 months". Really? Or in actually considering taking a football discipline to the Supreme Court. REALLY?

Oh, I am quite sure the Saints will get pounded, and everyone will once again be praying at the altar of Tom Brady's divinity. I just wont be one of them. Football player, yes. As a person of character, no.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #233

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Football player, yes. As a person of character, no.
    If we hold his character against him we have to do that with every other person as well and we end up with no one to root for in any sport anywhere.

Let's keep this thread to football, fantasy or real, and leave morals (as well as politics and religion) out of it, please?

My Player Registry Entry

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Guilt by association.
    Um...wat.

No really, what?

25. - Top - End - #235

ElfRogueGirl

Um...wat.

No really, what?
    Allow me to translate:

"I hate the Patriots, so everyone who plays for them is a scumbag and not as good as people say they are."

Also applies to the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Los Angeles Lakers, and the New York Yankees.

My Player Registry Entry

26. - Top - End - #236

ElfRogueGirl

Did anyone see this coming from the Jaguar's Defense?

24 points and counting...

My Player Registry Entry

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm more wrapped up in the fact that my three QBs in my pay league (2 playing, one on bench) have 11.7 points COMBINED so far....

Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton are in a "Hold my Beer" competition.
    Last edited by tomandtish; 2017-09-10 at 02:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Without Kareem Hunt, I would be boned. Still have Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, and the Vikings defense tomorrow, but I'm losing even with his forty points.

29. - Top - End - #239

ElfRogueGirl

I think every player I drafted decided that this week would be a great week to have their worst game of the season. In fairness, half my rosters played in Green Bay, and that was one of the ugliest football games I have ever seen.

I take comfort in the knowledge that with every player under performing like this, I'm due for a bounce back next week.

Also, for those who own him: Allen Robinson torn his ACL. Out for the season.

@tomandtish
    Out of curiosity, who is your third QB? Cousins?
    Last edited by scalyfreak; 2017-09-10 at 07:48 PM.

My Player Registry Entry

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Brady, Palmer, and Dalton are my three in my pay league. Palmer threw for three INTs, and he was the good start. Dalton was fortunately on my bench, since he seemed to be trying to set a record for INTs in a game (threw 5).

I have Wilson in another league. Only reason he even got 8 points was rushing for 4....

Way my week is going, Brees (in my third league) will have the worst game of his career tomorrow.

And despite this I have a shot at winning two leagues. Admittedly, in one of those it's because my opponent gambled that OBJ would play.