New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Fantasy Football in the Playground?

I hope not. I have Keenan Allen, and if Drew Brees has a horrible night there will be no need for the Chargers to pass the ball!

I watched the Seattle-Green Bay game, and at one point, the announcers pointed out that Russel Wilson had more rushing yards than the rest of the Seahawks combined. I don't care how impressive that is, that's just not a good thing.

And be grateful your opponent made a big mistake... my opponent left Kareem Hunt on the bench. I will make sure to thank her when I see her at work tomorrow.
    I say we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find. And we can act like we come from out of this world, leave the real one far behind. We can dance.

The Adventures of Amber Yarrowhill, IC and OOC

In the Hands of an Angry God June 2017 - November 2018. RIP.

My Player Registry Entry

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, turns out it wasn't as big a mistake as i thought. Apparently Yahoo lets you drop bench players even after they have played, so he was able to drop a bench player and get a sub (Shephard). I'm paying for that one.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

3. - Top - End - #243

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Apparently Yahoo lets you drop bench players even after they have played
    That is wrong on so many levels.
    I say we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find. And we can act like we come from out of this world, leave the real one far behind. We can dance.

My Player Registry Entry

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Jaguars D and Kareem Hunt won me one of my leagues, and in another, I need Drew Brees to fail badly. And in another, I need Drew Brees to get 40 points.
    Last edited by Daws2727; 2017-09-11 at 08:17 AM.
    This is my homebrew I'm excited about; It's an equipment homebrew: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post19875440

5. - Top - End - #245

ElfRogueGirl

I hate when that happens. When I have the Seattle D in one league and my opponent has them in my other league. So conflicted!

My Player Registry Entry

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

David Johnson out 8-12 weeks. Didn't have him in fantasy, and I'm not a Cards fan, but I still hate that. Was waiting for him to wreck people and break some records. If he has a full healthy, 16-game season, it's gonna happen.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

So my first week I won with only 75 points. Because my opponent did even worse.

But hey a win is a win

I think I'm going to put Amendola in my starting lineup though. Maybe it was just a fluke but he got over 100 yards on a lot of targets this week and with Edelman out for the year it appears he may be the #2 receiver now.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-09-12 at 06:42 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

8. - Top - End - #248

ElfRogueGirl

In one of my leagues, my team totaled 60.4 points. In the other, 64.8

The worst part here is that the 64.8 points would have defeated five other teams in that league. I've no idea what these people are thinking. At least with my teams, I know what went wrong.

My Player Registry Entry

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by scalyfreak View Post
    In one of my leagues, my team totaled 60.4 points. In the other, 64.8

The worst part here is that the 64.8 points would have defeated five other teams in that league. I've no idea what these people are thinking. At least with my teams, I know what went wrong.
    I only scored 77 but that was a huge product of the fact that Martavius Bryant got 14 yards on 6 targets, Julio Jones only got 60 yards, and Jimmy Graham came up with a big fat zero (even though he was the target of a 3rd down touchdown pass from basically the goal line).

If those 3 guys had performed just to their projections I would have been over 100 and in a 14 team league that's pretty good.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #250

ElfRogueGirl

There was a lot of that going on for everyone, I think.

My woes came in the form of Allen Richardson, Martavis Bryant, Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins.

My Player Registry Entry

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

There was actually an article saying it was one of the worst opening weeks since the 70s. Not many close games and a lot of underperforming players.

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

I ended up at just under 115, thanks to Stefon Diggs, Kareem Hunt, Jonathan Stewart, and Graham Gano. Russell Wilson did crap, DeMarco Murray did crap, Michael Thomas did crap. Delanie Walker did about as expected, and the Vikings defense did nothing.

Looking at our league, someone scored 48, although it looks like he didn't change his lineup, which had two Bucs (hilariously though, one was Jameis Winston, but his backup was Andy Dalton, who had negative points, so he actually came up better not playing a quarterback). Only two people over 100. Another one just under 100. The rest were 77 and below.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-09-12 at 08:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253

ElfRogueGirl

Another week, another match-up. The historically bad first week is behind us and we're hopefully all set with our lineups in order.

Good luck everyone!

My Player Registry Entry

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Michael Thomas has done nothing so far, DeMarco Murray is hurt, and I'm up against Todd Gurley. Already counting this week as a loss.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, I', 0-6 among my three leagues.

This last week was a little better. I had some underperformers, but was up against the top scorer in two of my three leagues.

16. - Top - End - #256

ElfRogueGirl

I am also facing Todd Gurley in one of my leagues, and Sammy Watkins in the other. I am not optimistic about my chances. Kirk Cousins has not delivered what I was hoping from a fantasy standpoint, and I should probably have known better than to draft Russel Wilson. In painful irony, my back-up QB for when Wilson has bad match-ups is Marcus Mariota... who plays Seattle's defense this week.

Good or bad news for anyone else who drafted Ezekiel Elliot: The court hearing is set for Oct. 2. (Link goes to ESPN for details.)

My Player Registry Entry

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, i win one league this week, and definitely lose one. Probably lose 2 unless Palmer has a 35 point game.

Raiders really killed me.

18. - Top - End - #258

ElfRogueGirl

Yeah.... I have Amari Cooper in both my leagues, and it's hurting right now. I still won in the league I'm in at work, but in my other league, I can win only if Ezekiel Elliot gets me 60 points.

I really don't see that happening.

EDIT:
    Oh, *****! My work-league opponent still has his D/ST left. Cardinals. And I'm only up by six.
    Last edited by scalyfreak; 2017-09-24 at 11:58 PM.

My Player Registry Entry

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Brady got me 48 and change (QBs get 6 for a TD in that league), but still probably isn't enough unless Palmer has an awesome night.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

I woulda won if I wasn't a moron and played Russell Wilson instead of Philip Rivers. Figured Wilson was doing crap so far this year. Didn't think about the opponents. Stefon Diggs and Kareem Hunt carried my team again, but I'm going 1-2.

21. - Top - End - #261

ElfRogueGirl

EDIT:
    Oh, *****! My work-league opponent still has his D/ST left. Cardinals. And I'm only up by six.
    VICTORY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I woulda won if I wasn't a moron and played Russell Wilson instead of Philip Rivers. Figured Wilson was doing crap so far this year. Didn't think about the opponents. Stefon Diggs and Kareem Hunt carried my team again, but I'm going 1-2.
    Wilson and his non-existent o-line against the Titans' defense? Russell Wilson always starts the season slow, the Titans have a good defense, and the Seahawks have no pocket protection. I'd say it's a coin flip between the two.

My Player Registry Entry

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

VICTORY!!!

Wilson and his non-existent o-line against the Titans' defense? Russell Wilson always starts the season slow, the Titans have a good defense, and the Seahawks have no pocket protection. I'd say it's a coin flip between the two.
    I won. By 1/2 point. That I literally got with the Cowboy's LAST offensive play of the game and Ezekiel Elliot's 8 yard TD run.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Scratch that. Despite my team doing well, I still lost by 40 since my opponent had Zeke left. Ugh.

But hey, at least DeMarcus Lawrence has the most sacks so far this season. Ain't no terrible defensive line anymore, eh?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Team sucked hardcore this week. Nobody over ten points except Michael Thomas, who finally showed up. Fortunately, my opponent sucked too, and I picked the right quarterback this week, so I ended up winning thanks to Russell Wilson's 27 points.

And I still have my man Kareem Hunt to play tomorrow.

Worked again, but for Dallas, I'm guessing they lost because no Sean Lee, who is the only person making the defense look competent.

25. - Top - End - #265

ElfRogueGirl

Russel Wilson and Ezekiel Elliot saved one of my teams this week. In my other league, I'm waiting for either Kirk Cousins or Tyreek Hill to start acting like themselves and drag the other slugs to victory...

UPDATE: I defeated my work league opponent. By 0.32 points. Oh the gloating that will happen...!
    Last edited by scalyfreak; 2017-10-02 at 11:41 PM.

My Player Registry Entry

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Sigh...

I like Aaron Rodgers, I really do. More than Peyton or Brady when it comes to the current greats.

But why does he have this thing where he constantly beats the Cowboys on the last play/drive of the game? He can't keep getting away with it!

27. - Top - End - #267

ElfRogueGirl

Because he is Aaron Rodgers. The one and only. That's like asking how Batman keeps winning against the bad guys.

What I want to know is how on earth Deshaun Watson manged 32+ points this week!!!

My Player Registry Entry

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Because he is Aaron Rodgers. The one and only. That's like asking how Batman keeps winning against the bad guys.

What I want to know is how on earth Deshaun Watson manged 32+ points this week!!!
    I just want to win more than one game a week (if that). I was 1-11 among my three leagues going into this week, and looks like I'll be 2-13 at the end of it (unless Cohen gets under 8 points in a 1 point PPR league tonight).

29. - Top - End - #269

ElfRogueGirl

I am going to be 3-2 in both my leagues when the week ends tonight.

Learning from last week, I cleverly obtained Deshaun Watson in my work league, and used him as filler while my starting QB was on a bye. The former starter might be demoted to filler status... Watson is facing the Browns Defense next week.

My Player Registry Entry

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm 2-3 now. Need Diggs and the Vikes' defense to put up 26. I don't know what happened with Diggs.

I also don't know what's going on with DeMarco Murray, but I'm so done with my team. The rookie who wasn't expected to start that I gambled on is the only one that has been reliable.