New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Its not that I was claiming they are the same company, its that I figured they wouldnt want to copy the fight someone else already did. Especially since omm is a site that a lot of db followers also watch.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

So, thanks to this thread, i decided to watch the newest video, which was alright (even if i had an issue or two with it)

While on youtube, i saw "toph vs gaara" in the recommended videos, and i thought to myself "well, gaara is one of my favourite characters in fiction, it's been ages since i watched this video (it was the first one i watched of the series), and maybe it isn't as bad as i remember".

I was right, it wasn't as bad as i remembered. It was worse
    I feel like a video that short shouldn't be able to make me so annoyed so quickly
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    For Hulk's opponent? Well I can see some possibilities.

If treating the Hull as a brick, I can see: Superman, Caped Baldy, Doomsday, or any other character who is just strong and fast. I would probably expect a Dragon Ball character here, it's more interesting than another 'Marvel vs DC'.

If they're going for green and superpowers, I'd put my money on Martian Manhunter. I could also see Green Lantern, but that's another Mewtwo vs Shadow.

I expect that they'll go for another transforming character. Not sure who though.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Lantern was my first thought, just because, well, green.

Can't say I have much to add to the Broly discussion. Possible, with or without the OMM.

Caped Baldy might be a bit interesting... somebody else anger or otherwise Hyde themed could be fun, but he'd also need to be on Banners power level...
    Last edited by Kato; 2016-10-20 at 04:05 PM.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Lantern was my first thought, just because, well, green.

Can't say I have much to add to the Broly discussion. Possible, with or without the OMM.

Caped Baldy might be a bit interesting... somebody else anger or otherwise Hyde themed could be fun, but he'd also need to be on Banners power level...
    Spoiler
    Show
    To me the really interesting thing to me about Caped Baldy is his feats roughly equal what I know the Hulk for, maybe the bit higher (although I know that the Hulk can be stronger than I know him as), but has the 'opposite' temperament most of the time, quiet boredom rather than raging violence (although some of the best scenes I've seen with the Hulk instead of Bruce don't have him raging, but rather a bit miffed that he isn't being left alone).

I will admit I don't know much about Dragon Ball and so can't contribute on that front.

I suspect that it will be a Jekel and Hyde theme, which is actually more boring than just a random brick. Hulk will smash most Hyde forms by just being much, much stronger.

I wouldn't be surprised at Captain Marvel/Shazam though.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Well, some guesses right...

Spoiler
    Show

Hulk will be fighting Doomsday. One who gets stronger the more angry he gets vs one who gets stronger the more he is killed. I guess the one who has to die will lose?
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well, some guesses right...

Spoiler
    Show

Hulk will be fighting Doomsday. One who gets stronger the more angry he gets vs one who gets stronger the more he is killed. I guess the one who has to die will lose?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doomsday should have this in the bag. First of all the speed difference is far far in his favor. Hulk's usually had trouble with people who can speed blitz, and Doomsday is fast enough to keep up with the Flash Wonderwoman and Superman. He's tanked things far higher than the Hulk as well so his Durability wins out.

Hulk's only chance is is Doomsday toys with him long enough for his anger to build, or of he's killed one of Hulks friends or something else to really piss him off.

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doomsday should have this in the bag. First of all the speed difference is far far in his favor. Hulk's usually had trouble with people who can speed blitz, and Doomsday is fast enough to keep up with the Flash Wonderwoman and Superman. He's tanked things far higher than the Hulk as well so his Durability wins out.

Hulk's only chance is is Doomsday toys with him long enough for his anger to build, or of he's killed one of Hulks friends or something else to really piss him off.
    I honestly have to agree with this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doomsday was able to physically beat superman to "death". Thats just an entire tier of power beyond anything the hulk can dish out. Last time I checked, hulks power wasnt measured in supernovas, meanwhile superman regularly tanks blasts in that range.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #429
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I honestly have to agree with this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doomsday was able to physically beat superman to "death". Thats just an entire tier of power beyond anything the hulk can dish out. Last time I checked, hulks power wasn't measured in supernovas, meanwhile superman regularly tanks blasts in that range.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, during the fight between superman and the hulk, superman only won the fight by talking the hulk down, he did say that if he didn't do something like that, the hulk would eventually get strong enough to kill him. When you fight the hulk, you want to end the fight quick because the longer the fight goes, the stronger the hulk gets.

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, during the fight between superman and the hulk, superman only won the fight by talking the hulk down, he did say that if he didn't do something like that, the hulk would eventually get strong enough to kill him. When you fight the hulk, you want to end the fight quick because the longer the fight goes, the stronger the hulk gets.

Yeah I dont buy that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, the whole doomsday kills superman thing is iffy to me. Dude tanks planet busting attacks and is fine, gets beaten to death in downtown metropolis in a fist fight that doesnt casually obliterate everything in america from the shockwaves and thermonuclear blasts released by the collisions needed to hurt him. Maybe the death of superman incarnation wasnt at planet busting levels?

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I dont buy that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, the whole doomsday kills superman thing is iffy to me. Dude tanks planet busting attacks and is fine, gets beaten to death in downtown metropolis in a fist fight that doesnt casually obliterate everything in america from the shockwaves and thermonuclear blasts released by the collisions needed to hurt him. Maybe the death of superman incarnation wasnt at planet busting levels?
    Spoiler: Superman problems
    Show
    That's kinda the problem with Superman, he is so inconsistent between issues, even in a single incarnation. Sometimes he's strong enough to absorb a blast that would destroy the sun, other times he struggles to keep up with people like Batman.

So, yeah, no idea how strong he actually is, and by extension Doomsday. I do know the Hulk is supposed to have no upper limit. Eventually he can beat anyone if they just keep wailing on him. But until that point, you can do things like launch him into space or banish him to another planet/dimension and he can't really stop it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Banned

Yeah I dont buy that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's also the same guy who loses to Joker every single time they run into each other. Comic characters aren't consistent.

So I'm thinking that by death battle logic Hulk has to win this. Since they state that by "scientific reasoning" Superman literally cannot possibly lose a fight, they must think that Doomsday doesn't exist. How can Hulk lose to someone that doesn't exist?

13. - Top - End - #433

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    He's also the same guy who loses to Joker every single time they run into each other. Comic characters aren't consistent.

So I'm thinking that by death battle logic Hulk has to win this. Since they state that by "scientific reasoning" Superman literally cannot possibly lose a fight, they must think that Doomsday doesn't exist. How can Hulk lose to someone that doesn't exist?
    Yeah but he doesnt lose to the joker in a slugging match. Death Battle never said that superman cant lose to anyone, they just harped on his no limits setup and that by definition he cant be surpassed by someone like goku who DOES have limits, even though, oddly enough, his entire character is based around breaking those limits. But whatever. I think the main justification was watching superman lift infinity and eternity. They are saying, "This guy can bench press all of existence, goku cant, goku gets smooshed."

As for doomsday versus superman, yeah, like I said, unless he was made of kyryptonite or something, I dont see how a slugging match on earth could have killed superman without also obliterating the planet they stood on. As for hulk versus doomsday, the fight should be fairly quick. Either doomsday can kill the hulk right away, or the hulk starts off stronger and hulk smashes him to death. Neither has a laundry list of powers and abilities, neither has a tactical mind so we wont see a chess match of technique and form. These are two near mindless bruisers punching each other as hard as they can till something dies. My vote may go with hulk, because he heals fairly quick iirc. So even if doomsday can hurt him, if he doesnt kill him fast, that just makes him angrier, which makes him tougher and stronger, which ends with hulk tearing him in half.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Since Doomsday has already been beaten by hitting him hard enough I'm guessing the Hulk will just get angrier and angrier and stronger and stronger until he hits hard enough. Dunno if the hulk has ever been beaten in a slugging match.

Though I would like to see a Chuck Norris vs. Segata Sanshiro type ending where both fall into a pocket dimension and keep punching each other for all eternity, each getting angrier and stronger but never enough to win.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Neither has a laundry list of powers and abilities, neither has a tactical mind so we wont see a chess match of technique and form. These are two near mindless bruisers punching each other as hard as they can till something dies.
    Hulk has many forms, and some of them are geniuses. Even the Green Hulk is supposed to have a limited form of super-intelligence when it comes to trajectories and ballistics (allowing him to jump to targets miles away with pinpoint accuracy, and cause massive property damage without hurting any bystanders).

And then we have The Green Scar, aka Worldbreaker, an incarnation of Hulk with advanced combat training and more power than Green Hulk. At peak strength he can destroy planets just by standing on them for too long.

If you want to get really silly, there's Omega Hulk (builds superscience gizmos verging on magic) and Uber-Hulk (can punch hard enough to break time), but neither of those lasted long.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2016-10-26 at 03:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah but here is the problem with "Joker Vs. Superman":

Joker is a mind that is on par with Batman.

Superman, if he can truly lift all of infinity and eternity, can run faster than the speed of a single thought.

Therefore it doesn't matter how good of a plan you have for beating Superman, he will kill you before you can think of it, or activate it. Geniuses like Batman, Lex, Joker, are all bound by human reaction times. You can come up with the "perfect" plan to try to defeat him, but none of it will matter if any part of the plan takes place at mere human speeds.

You can try and use kryptonite, but realistically if his power is unlimited, while your hand is just beginning to reach for it he has already killed you. You need to do something as simple and fast pressing a button? Too slow to kill him, your dead. There is no preparing against something that can run faster than the time it takes for any of your preparations to come into effect.

Unless somehow kryptonite radiation is somehow faster than Superman, yet somehow still able to be contained within one of Batman's little pockets without affecting Superman. So somehow, Batman has come up with some ultra-light ultra thin material that blocks all radiation or at least kryptonite radiation. Yet doesn't give it to Superman, to use as armor so that someone like Lex doesn't beat him, presumably because of "I need a weakness in case Superman turns evil" reasons, yet so far the only thing that has been turning him evil is either red kryponite- which kryptonite blocking materials would shield against- or the Starro who only get on Superman's body because he has no armor on. Hm.

Either that, or Kryptonite radiation is REALLY weak and is able to be blocked by pretty anything.

The weird thing is though, that Superman's power is not only inconsistent from a story perspective, but also inconsistent depending on the solar system he is in. Its outright stated that Kryptonians weren't so strong on their home planet because of a red sun, and that a red sun brings superman down to normal human power. So really, Superman wins as long as he is around a yellow sun. There are a lot of conditions for his powers:
    -needs to be powered by the right sun
    -no kryptonite around
    -still harmed by magic

Really I imagine the character most likely to defeat Superman from DBZ wouldn't be Goku or Vegeta, but Piccolo. the Saiyans are just pure raw powers, but Piccolo has a technique called Matter Materialization, which means he can basically conjure any matter, mostly used for clothing. if he can conjure complex pieces of clothing, he can conjure random rocks of kryptonite and just show it to Superman then kick his ass. Interestingly enough, the Kais being the Gods of Creation have Matter Materialization as well, so despite their weakness compared to Goku/Vegeta, East Supreme Kai could beat Superman

Heck, East Supreme Kai both knows Instantaneous Movement (like instant transmission but better) AND Matter Materialization. He could conjure kryptonite to take out Superman and if that doesn't work, instantaneous movement to a red sun with Superman grappled and beat him there where Superman has no power. Supreme Kai would just need the right info. Its not as if East supreme Kai would have no motive to kill Superman either- a being of limitless power that could destroy everything? Stronger than even Buu? Can't be taken out by normal fighting means? Sounds like a potential threat to get rid of. and if all else fails, East Supreme Kai could simply use the Super Dragon Balls to WISH Superman away. because the Super Dragon Balls are limitless in what wish they can grant, and the Supreme Kais have the authority to access them.

So yeah, Superman's power is theoretically limitless, but its also inconsistent on the planet where he is supposed to be strong, its implied that he is constantly holding himself back rightfully because he knows he doesn't need to use his full power on anyone (because if have you have infinite power, going full strength means the entire universe is destroyed in a single attack), and if he ever gets caught under a red sun, he can be taken out by people much weaker than he usually is. This is no linear "this character always wins" rule because there is no rule that demands the combatants always be at their full power no matter what. while DB Super (because DBZ is outdated by now) PLs are far more consistent in that their fighters will always be that powerful regardless of extraneous conditions.

TL; DR: if Superman's power was consistent, he wouldn't loser to Joker, period.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    So, yeah, no idea how strong he actually is, and by extension Doomsday. I do know the Hulk is supposed to have no upper limit. Eventually he can beat anyone if they just keep wailing on him. But until that point, you can do things like launch him into space or banish him to another planet/dimension and he can't really stop it.
    Hulk is interesting, because while we don't know how strong Hulk can be, there are some things we do know:
    -Banner has the ability to become extremely powerful hulks, however:
    -His main forms are grey hulk, which is intelligent but relatively week, and Green Hulk, whose strength varies with anger.
    -Green Hulk has a rough 'standard operating strength' that he normally sits at, although he does get stronger the angrier he gets his emotions work like a person's, and his anger only goes to a certain extent.
    -Hulk can't breath in space.

I seriously think Hulk should lose, because his standard level of strength is far below that of DC's heavy hitters. Oh, he can get to the level that could kill Doomsday in a single punch, but Stark can build suits that take punches from standard-level Hulk, so I don't think he'd last long enough.

Show

18. - Top - End - #438

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Hulk has many forms, and some of them are geniuses. Even the Green Hulk is supposed to have a limited form of super-intelligence when it comes to trajectories and ballistics (allowing him to jump to targets miles away with pinpoint accuracy, and cause massive property damage without hurting any bystanders).

And then we have The Green Scar, aka Worldbreaker, an incarnation of Hulk with advanced combat training and more power than Green Hulk. At peak strength he can destroy planets just by standing on them for too long.

If you want to get really silly, there's Omega Hulk (builds superscience gizmos verging on magic) and Uber-Hulk (can punch hard enough to break time), but neither of those lasted long.
    Ok yeah thats true, I decided to ignore his half dozen variants and I really shouldnt. Its Death Battle after all, they are just as likely to give him all the abilities any version of him has ever had as they are to pick the weakest most pathetic version. It depends on which side they decide to favor.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Desk of Death Battle covered one of my all-time favorite fictional characters, and now I really want him to participate in a battle. It is, of course, the one and only Scrooge McDuck. Who is one of those characters who seem harmless until you start looking up his feats. Then he becomes scary. But who would you put him up against? It's kind of tough to find someone thematically fitting that he doesn't just outright dominate. Sure, he loses to Iron Man and most powered superheroes, but he'd be a match for nearly anyone without superpowers. He is, after all, smarter than the smarties and tougher than the toughies.

One of the video comments suggests Wario for an opponent, which does have a fun theme. I think I'd give that one narrowly to Scrooge, if only because Wario is an idiot and Scrooge has dealt with super powers before.

That said, I do want a follow-up to this video... on Donald Duck. I just want to hear the reaction to PKNA and Double Duck. Because, yes, Donald Duck is in fact the duck version of Batman who fights alien invaders with his fists, and also the duck James Bond. If Donald Duck ever gets in a Death Battle, he has a great potential to be the next Rainbow Dash style upset.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Donald is also a literal wizard, so that helps.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    That said, I do want a follow-up to this video... on Donald Duck. I just want to hear the reaction to PKNA and Double Duck. Because, yes, Donald Duck is in fact the duck version of Batman who fights alien invaders with his fists, and also the duck James Bond. If Donald Duck ever gets in a Death Battle, he has a great potential to be the next Rainbow Dash style upset.
    Huh, I thought Darkwing Duck was the duck version of Batman...
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Donald is also a literal wizard, so that helps.
    True, Kingdom Hearts was kind to Donald, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Huh, I thought Darkwing Duck was the duck version of Batman...
    Darkwing Duck is the local version of Batman who defends his city against local supervillains. Paperinik is Justice League Batman, fighting global and interplanetary supervillains (and time traveling ones, too) alongside other superpowered allies.

And apparently Double Duck and PK had a crossover very recently. Establishing that Donald Duck is James Bond by day and JL Batman by night. Makes me wonder who you could put him up against to pull off a hilarious upset. Someone powerful, who'd look like a walkover against Donald... and then find out that Donald Duck is not what he seems. Any ideas?
    Last edited by McNum; 2016-11-07 at 03:46 AM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Now all I want in life is to hear Taken's "I will find you" speech delivered by Donald Duck.
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

If the reason a Donald Duck win would be considered an upset is because he's a kid show's zany character, then just do a Disney vs Looney Tunes and pit the duck against the wabbit. Of course, in this case, Bugs will likely be the one to pull an upset, because toonforce is pretty much just reality warping, but with ****s and giggles
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    If the reason a Donald Duck win would be considered an upset is because he's a kid show's zany character, then just do a Disney vs Looney Tunes and pit the duck against the wabbit. Of course, in this case, Bugs will likely be the one to pull an upset, because toonforce is pretty much just reality warping, but with ****s and giggles
    I'd be hard pressed to think of a reasonable fight where Bugs winning would be an upset. He could take Superman 10/10.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Now all I want in life is to hear Taken's "I will find you" speech delivered by Donald Duck.
    Only if the response from the other end of the line is "Gawrsh! Good luck, ah-hyuck!"

So, just for a thematic match against Donald, it has to be Daffy if it's a Looney Toon, but I'm trying to think of someone who has a superpowered secret identity, but is known more commonly in their civilian identity.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Now I want a Bond style Donald and co vs Mickey and co movie. As for opponents for Donald... I can't think of anyone that are more commonly known by their public persona, but what about the Phantom? He is also a badass normal whose feats are still within the attainable.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a fight between Terra/Celes from FFVI and Chrono/Frog from Chrono Trigger, in a showdown between the coolest magic knights in gaming history. Shanoa would be there too, but she's more like a full mage who happens to have some weapon summoning spells.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

And the winner is.. DC. And somehow Earth survived. Unrealistic. While I know Marvel has it's crazy characters and arcs, DC just is in general much more planet or even dimension chattering so... not that much of a surprise. Also, Doomsday is just a stupid villain

Next time might actually get exciting. Zoro is in on it. I guess there are many, many other swordsmen who could be his opponent... let's hope they don't pick someone totally out of his league.
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know the comics well enough to tell whether SA got the combatants' respective feats down correctly, but based on the evidence presented the better 'man' won.
    Last edited by BWR; 2016-11-09 at 04:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Man, three weeks to say 'duh' is just too long.

I don't want One Piece, but I know Zoro. I'm thinking we'll get at least two of: swordsperson, anime character, and pirate. My theories:
    -Kirito from SAO. Another well known user of multiple swords, although it would have to be his game form and not real world Kirito.
    -Guts again, because the only thing stupider than the Dragonslayer is Zorro's three swords style.

But I'm likely completely wrong. At least those two are roughly Zorro's level.

Show