Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I feel like if Dante wins its going to be on the back of some obscure flavor text for something that then gives DB the ability to do some DB-Math and make him capable of surviving a supernova or some other crud. Leaving aside that kind of situation I don't see him pulling out a fight over Bayonetta.
    DB only pulls stuff like that when they want a more popular character to lose in order to rile people up and get free publicity. Given that Dante is the more popular of the two, they'll probably go the logical route and have him lose.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Iamyourking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Imperial Secret
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    More thoughts on the matter:

    I wonder how they'll handle the two's arsenals? Like I mentioned before, Dante can carry more weapons at once than Bayonetta; but she's still able to freely swap out what she has equipped. That's not really any different than Megaman, who was allowed his full arsenal, and she might very well have more total weapons than he does. I don't know her exact number, but he has Rebellion/Alastor, Ifrit/Beowulf/Gilgamesh, Cerberus, Agni and Rudra, Nevan, and Lucifer for melee and Ebony & Ivory, various shotguns, Nightmare Beta, Artemis, and Pandora (Since his other rocket launchers don't do anything it can't I'm not counting them) for ranged. (Also not counting Sparda, Yamato, and Kalina Ann since he was really just borrowing them, the Speargun since it's only for underwater use, and his weapons in the new DMC since it's a totally different character.)

    Using DMC4 as a measure for Dante, since that's presumably at his strongest, he can: Jump thirty or forty feet through a stained-glass window and land without injury; shrug off being impaled through the chest; fall an unknown but significant distance off a cliff and again sustain no injury; easily disarm an enraged Nero; parry what is effectively a ten-foot tall buzz saw charging him at high speeds; pry apart the jaws of a giant snake that has swallowed him up to his knees; easily evade very agile lures; wipe out a dozen giant (About 20 feet tall, 50 feet long, and 20 feet wide) frogs in seconds; sneak up on a flaming demon and sit on its equally flaming tail for an unknown but significant enough to comment on time without injury; throw a sword several hundred feet hard enough to embed itself in solid and possibly magically reinforced stone then jump onto and balance on said sword; throw another sword the same distance, have it land point first despite being thrown sideways, then, while flying through the air, shoot several bullets with sufficient accuracy that they stack on top of each other on the sword's hilt; and finally lift and throw the hand of a several hundred foot tall stone statue. Maybe not as impressive as some of the things she can pull off, but hardly a weakling either.

    Bayonetta's summons are impressive; but I doubt they'll be useful for anything other than finishing blows. Between the time it takes to summon them, the natural difficulty they'll have hitting a small and agile target, and the fact that the one time she tried using them against a man-sized target they all got destroyed; they probably won't do her much good.

    Again, I'm sure she'll still win; but if anyone can think of anything that might give him an advantage let me know.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

    Read Sons of the Fallen here

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2014

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I feel like if Dante wins its going to be on the back of some obscure flavor text for something that then gives DB the ability to do some DB-Math and make him capable of surviving a supernova or some other crud. Leaving aside that kind of situation I don't see him pulling out a fight over Bayonetta.
    Nah. If Dante wins, it'll be because of Marvel Vs Capcom.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

    Current Projects:

    Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

    Extended Signature

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Bayonetta's by far physically stronger and faster. But Dante's got Durability and Regen. He also has a transformation capable of severing a human's connection to demonic energy, and a gun that flat out drains magic from it's targets.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dragonus45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    Nah. If Dante wins, it'll be because of Marvel Vs Capcom.
    I doubt they would use feats from crossovers, if only because that would mean acknowledging her in Smash and the physics of that game are... interesting.
    Thanks to Ceika for me Avatar.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    In case anyone pays attention to this thread but does not have the channel subscribed, the new battle is up.


    ...no further comments
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Spoiler: New fight
    Show
    Looks like Dante won, due to having higher durability. Which is kinda bull cause they mention Bayanetta punched God into the sun or something like that? I'm pretty sure that would kill Dante, despite his own feats of strength.
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Spoiler: Regarding RPG Discussions
    Show
    I don't care about RAW. I only care about RAI (Rules as Interpreted/Intended), RACS (Rules as Common Sense) and RAF (Rules as Fun).

    Please don't bother to respond to me if all you want to talk about is RAW.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dragonus45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Spoiler
    Show
    All I will say is that seriously over rated Dante's regenerative abilities. Actually I had a second thought, the cut scene where punts god into the sun. How hard would she have to hit it in order to make it fly into the sun at the speeds we see? I think that's a feat beyond even the space station.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2016-03-16 at 03:46 PM.
    Thanks to Ceika for me Avatar.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on earth, i guess.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    The god punch was something she did with the help of another witch, who was just as powerful as her, and is not something she can do on her own.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    She didn't punch anything into the sun. She along with Jeanne worked together to summon the demon Sheba who is a counterpart to Jubileus. What Sheba did was drive the her soul from the artificial body that was constructed for her. Bayonetta just destroyed the body as it was falling to the earth.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Spoiler: Dante vs. Bayonetta
    Show

    A very good battle, I think.
    I was hoping Bayonetta would win this one, but they explained their strengths pretty well.
    Though Dante healing makes him sound tougher than Wolverine.
    Not musch to nitpick about this one, and I did like them adding the companions.

    Now that makes me wonder if Raiden (MGS) could defeat Dante...


    Spoiler: Next battle
    Show

    So, another Marioverse character. I really like Bowser, but do not have high hopes for him. His strength is enormous, and he can grow to titanic size when cornered, but his intelligence is pretty weak - he keeps tryingthe same plan again and again, ignores his opponents' strength and goes into nearly every battle headfirst.
    He need some sort of "brain" sidekick to direct his anger - maybe if they included Kamek/Kammy or Bowser Junior.
    Who do you think could fight this guy?
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

    3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dragonus45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville Tennessee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    She didn't punch anything into the sun. She along with Jeanne worked together to summon the demon Sheba who is a counterpart to Jubileus. What Sheba did was drive the her soul from the artificial body that was constructed for her. Bayonetta just destroyed the body as it was falling to the earth.
    Jeanne had already been knocked out of the battle when she summoned Sheba, you might be able to argue that the white hair meant that even though Jeane was not present she was using some of Jeanne's energy but even then if she has access to that energy when Jeanne isn't there then by the same logic they used for the White ranger having access to the entire megazord she would have access to the power to summon Sheba.
    Thanks to Ceika for me Avatar.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Jeanne had already been knocked out of the battle when she summoned Sheba, you might be able to argue that the white hair meant that even though Jeane was not present she was using some of Jeanne's energy but even then if she has access to that energy when Jeanne isn't there then by the same logic they used for the White ranger having access to the entire megazord she would have access to the power to summon Sheba.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eICQnNx5yyg check again they both work together at the same time to summon Sheba

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post

    Spoiler: Next battle
    Show

    So, another Marioverse character. I really like Bowser, but do not have high hopes for him. His strength is enormous, and he can grow to titanic size when cornered, but his intelligence is pretty weak - he keeps tryingthe same plan again and again, ignores his opponents' strength and goes into nearly every battle headfirst.
    He need some sort of "brain" sidekick to direct his anger - maybe if they included Kamek/Kammy or Bowser Junior.
    Who do you think could fight this guy?
    Spoiler: Next battle
    Show
    My guess would be King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong series. He's also been depicted as being fairly oversized, especially at the end of Donkey Kong 64. K. Rool may not be quite as singleminded as Bowser, but his repeated conflicts with the Kong family have met with a similar level of success as the Koopa King's clashes with Mario.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    Spoiler: Next battle
    Show
    My guess would be King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong series. He's also been depicted as being fairly oversized, especially at the end of Donkey Kong 64. K. Rool may not be quite as singleminded as Bowser, but his repeated conflicts with the Kong family have met with a similar level of success as the Koopa King's clashes with Mario.
    Spoiler: Next battle
    Show
    Eh, I don't see K. Rool as being in Bowser's weight class at all. The Super Mario Galaxy games ups Bowser's power immensely. And is likely to give Wiz a headache with its constant wrong space terminology. If I were to pick a Nintendo villain to put up against Bowers to make it sporting, I'd pick... Ganondorf. Ganondorf is plenty powerful, and his tactics are sure to be better than Bowser's, but I think Bowser out-muscles even him.

    Plus, it'd be the King of Evil championship battle! Two kings enter, one king leaves with the title. And you know you want to see Pig-Ganon wrestle with giant Bowser.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Spoiler: Next battle
    Show
    Eh, I don't see K. Rool as being in Bowser's weight class at all. The Super Mario Galaxy games ups Bowser's power immensely. And is likely to give Wiz a headache with its constant wrong space terminology. If I were to pick a Nintendo villain to put up against Bowers to make it sporting, I'd pick... Ganondorf. Ganondorf is plenty powerful, and his tactics are sure to be better than Bowser's, but I think Bowser out-muscles even him.

    Plus, it'd be the King of Evil championship battle! Two kings enter, one king leaves with the title. And you know you want to see Pig-Ganon wrestle with giant Bowser.
    Spoiler: Next battle
    Show
    True, Bowser may be a bit above K. Rool's weight class, mainly by virtue of him being in far more games and thus having far more different powers to choose from. But I think Ganondorf is way above Bowser. For one thing, in almost all his appearances he's only been able to be hurt by some special weapon, like the light arrows or the master sword, which Bowser simply wouldn't have access to. He can also levitate, and would be able to rain down green energy blasts on the poor Koopa with impunity. More significant than differences in power, though, is that they're simply too different thematically. Bowser is often portrayed in a cheesy, cartoonish light (just like King K. Rool), but Ganon has a much more serious tone to him.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    Spoiler: Next battle
    Show
    True, Bowser may be a bit above K. Rool's weight class, mainly by virtue of him being in far more games and thus having far more different powers to choose from. But I think Ganondorf is way above Bowser. For one thing, in almost all his appearances he's only been able to be hurt by some special weapon, like the light arrows or the master sword, which Bowser simply wouldn't have access to. He can also levitate, and would be able to rain down green energy blasts on the poor Koopa with impunity. More significant than differences in power, though, is that they're simply too different thematically. Bowser is often portrayed in a cheesy, cartoonish light (just like King K. Rool), but Ganon has a much more serious tone to him.
    Spoiler: Still next battle
    Show
    Yeah, I suppose that's true. It's just that Super Mario Galaxy puts Bowers on such an extreme level of power that it becomes troublesome to find a good opponent. I mean, in Super Mario Galaxy, Bowser is a universe-level threat. He actually ends up destroying the universe by accident, with only Rosalina's timely intervention ensuring that there is a universe left afterwards.

    I mean, sure it's an isolated event, and he never quite reaches that level of power again, but Death Battle loves to cherry-pick extreme feats. And that one would be Bowser's. So, who do you put up against him that either hasn't already been in Death Battle or matches his power? Godzilla has already been there, and I'd put that one squarely in Bowser's favor anyway. Galactus would be overkill, though.

    And now I suddenly had a terrible idea that I doubt will happen, but I'd watch the heck out of. Bowser vs. Freeza. If only to have Bowser stubbornly keep up until Freeza destroys the planet... only for Bowser to keep coming at him because Bowser, too, can survive in space. And then it just becomes a battle to outlast Freeza's offense until he runs dry.

    But I really doubt this will happen. Plus, if Freeza goes Golden, I don't think Bowser can outlast him. Bowser is seriously durable, though, and if you kill him, he can come back as Dry Bowser, which I bet is totally going to happen in the Death Battle no matter who he fights.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Spoiler: Next Battle
    Show
    Well, I was wrong again. I also see that they're back to the annoying "Let's only tell the audience half the matchup" again. My guess is that our next opponent will be Robotnik, as they've 'promoted' a One Minute Melee matchup to full death match before,
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: Next Battle
    Show
    Well, I was wrong again. I also see that they're back to the annoying "Let's only tell the audience half the matchup" again. My guess is that our next opponent will be Robotnik, as they've 'promoted' a One Minute Melee matchup to full death match before,
    On a slightly related note, am I the only one who enjoys One Minute Melee more than Death Battle? Obviously the budget is a lot lower, but they do a much better job of staying true to the characters personalities. Plus you don't have to listen to all the pseudo intellectual bull hockey about their "research".

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    material & internet plane
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    On a slightly related note, am I the only one who enjoys One Minute Melee more than Death Battle? Obviously the budget is a lot lower, but they do a much better job of staying true to the characters personalities. Plus you don't have to listen to all the pseudo intellectual bull hockey about their "research".
    Personally, my enjoyment scale usually goes: Super Power Beat Down > One Minute Melee > Death Battle. If we consider ERB, I find it equally as entertaining as SPBD for me. Thing about SPBD is that you really know where they are getting their results, and the live battles are just great. Really, before the Deadpool movie, this is my definitive Deadpool live-action representation.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    On a slightly related note, am I the only one who enjoys One Minute Melee more than Death Battle? Obviously the budget is a lot lower, but they do a much better job of staying true to the characters personalities. Plus you don't have to listen to all the pseudo intellectual bull hockey about their "research".
    Oh, not at all, the Hercule versus Dan fight felt more fun as a one minute melee.

    Also Bowser versus Metal Sonic? The Bowser Jr. melee makes it a possibility...
    Last edited by Chives; 2016-03-21 at 08:05 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    The Bowser preview is up, revealing his opponent!

    Spoiler: And his opponent is...
    Show
    Ganon!

    Called it! And yes, I really DO want to see Bowser wrestle Pig-Ganon!

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground
     
    digiman619's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    The Bowser preview is up, revealing his opponent!

    Spoiler: And his opponent is...
    Show
    Ganon!

    Called it! And yes, I really DO want to see Bowser wrestle Pig-Ganon!
    Spoiler: My prediction
    Show
    I think that I'm going to bet on Bowser on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    Avatar by Coronalwave
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Spoiler: Predictions
    Show

    Well, I didn't expect this. But I'm happy. Any way it turns out, this could be a good battle.
    I hope Ganondorf wins.
    On the intelligence scale, Bowser's somewhere between Knuckles and Dan Hibiki while Ganon's a master planner.
    He can take a lot of punishment, and even boost his power for a time, but Ganondorf's got him beat in tactics, magic and permanent power boost. Not to mention Ganon's usually only vulnerable to specific holy artifacts, which Bowser couldn't lift or use effectively.
    Still, if they go for their giant forms too early, Bowser might stand a chance.

    Do you think we'll see another sidekick battle this episode? Maybe Bowser Junior vs. Zant?


    When can we stop with the spoiler tags?
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

    3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Spoiler: Predictions
    Show
    I've got a bad feeling this is going to be Bayonetta vs. Dante 2: Second Verse, Same as the First. By which I mean the stronger character is going to lose because they have no way of putting down their opponent, whereas their opponent can wear them down, slowly.

    Bowser's definitely ludicrously strong, but Ganon has, at least to my knowledge, really only been taken down by specific weapons that Bowser has no way of obtaining. Especially if Ganondorf is factored in. It took the Master Sword to incapacitate him in OoT (as proven by the fact that the stronger Biggoron Sword couldn't do the job), and he survived what should have been lethal impalement from the Sages in Twilight Princess. Meanwhile, Bowser was reduced to a skeleton with a simple lava bath in New Super Mario Bros. and really only came back with Jr.'s intervention. Heck, he's even been KO'd by relatively mundane methods, with the spiked bomb... things in 64, his own Mechakoopas in World, and simple gravity in 3. The difference in defense is overwhelmingly in Ganon's favour, and I'm not sure how in the world Bowser could get around that.

    I'll be rooting for Bowser but I honestly don't like his odds right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Talakeal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The New Mexico Wastelands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    One constant in death battle is that cartoon physics trump all. My bet is on Bowser, this is probably going to end up like Bowser vs. Peach by pulling in some weird comical feat from the side games.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, an old school RPG of Gothic Fantasy. Download full rules at heartofdarknessrpg.com

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Knaight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
    One constant in death battle is that cartoon physics trump all. My bet is on Bowser, this is probably going to end up like Bowser vs. Peach by pulling in some weird comical feat from the side games.
    Cartoon physics and screwing up real physics. I watched a couple of videos because I'd heard this mentioned and saw the thread, and in just those few videos they managed to hit "pounds of pressure", gravity approximations for gravitational force felt on the surface of a highly non-spherical planet based on the assumption that the sphere geometry formulas would hold, and my personal favorite, clueless statements about titanium portraying the very notion of a stronger metal as ridiculous, even on a per volume basis, where it is exceeded even by typical steels, let alone things like tungsten.

    The show is probably pulling viewers from the likes of Deadliest Warrior, and in doing so probably has a net reduction of misinformation, but the science is pretty bad a lot of the time - unless I just happened to see outliers.
    Last edited by Knaight; 2016-03-24 at 05:30 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Representin' Dat Midwest
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Oh, I'm totally going with Ganon. Ganon gets stupidly powerful in some games and Bowser only comes close in any of his incarnations.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Spoiler: Bowser vs. Ganon results and Next Time on Death Battle
    Show
    Did somebody answer the phone, because I totally called it! Right down to the NSMB lava, too.

    Next up... Ratchet and Clank. Can't say I know much about them but I've got a bad feeling their opponent is going to be Banjo and Kazooie, which bodes poorly for the latter.
    Last edited by ChillerInstinct; 2016-04-06 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

    Spoiler: Death Boss Battle!
    Show

    Well, that was fun. I'm happy to have guessed correctly once.
    Although I think the win us a bit questionable, as Bowser's shown before he has a knack for finding or fumbling upon mystical holy artifacts like the Star Rod and the Sticker Star.

    Next up: Well, that's easy. I think it'll be Ratchet & Clank vs Jak & Daxter.
    I'm betting on team Ratchet, by the way. Ratchert has a rocket launcher and Clack can stop time.
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

    3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •