New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

I am very glad they're including The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck here. In part because it's probably my favorite comic book ever, and because it gets to show just how tough Scrooge really can be.

Scrooge is my second-most wanted Duck in Death Battle. Donald, of course, being the most wanted. I would love to see the Death Battle walkthrough on Donald Duck. Just to hear the reactions when they start going into the... interesting stuff. I don't even know what class opponent you'd put up against him. What with his weapons including a flexible shield, jet boots, and a handful of super vehicles including his 313-X car, a supersonic jet, a giant mech with a gatling gun, and of course, his star cruiser. As for skills, we can't forget he's super agent Double Duck working for (and also running) The Agency. And yes, those are in continuity with each other.

Who are you going to put against that? Daffy? I suppose if Daffy got to use that Green Lantern ring he had for an episode of Duck Dodgers, it might be a sporting fight. Still would give it to Donald, though. Donald has the edge in skill, at the very least.

Actually, Donald vs. Daffy... and the previews leaving out their superhero identities, but having it in the full episode would be an amusing bait and switch.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Also remember: Donald is a Wizard.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Also remember: Donald is a Wizard.
    So is Daffy...
    Homebrew Stuff:

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Daffy imagines he is a wizard. Donald actually is one.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

While Daffy has incredible resilience as part of living in a Looney Tunes world, he still doesn't have any displays of skill, competence or power that matches those of Donald. The closest would be the Loonatics Unleashed incarnation, but that's not really Daffy but rather a distant relative of his.

A better opponent for Donald would be the Daring Duck of Mystery. Darkwing Duck!

But honestly? Ultimately? I don't want to see any ducks in Death Battle. Not even Scrooge. Death Battle is such a jarring clash with the typical Duck aesthetics.

EDIT: Just remembered. Donald also has worked with T.N.T. which is basically Duckburg's MIB. Is there anything that guy hasn't done?
    Last edited by Maryring; 2017-02-18 at 05:30 AM.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    While Daffy has incredible resilience as part of living in a Looney Tunes world, he still doesn't have any displays of skill, competence or power that matches those of Donald. The closest would be the Loonatics Unleashed incarnation, but that's not really Daffy but rather a distant relative of his.

A better opponent for Donald would be the Daring Duck of Mystery. Darkwing Duck!

But honestly? Ultimately? I don't want to see any ducks in Death Battle. Not even Scrooge. Death Battle is such a jarring clash with the typical Duck aesthetics.

EDIT: Just remembered. Donald also has worked with T.N.T. which is basically Duckburg's MIB. Is there anything that guy hasn't done?
    When you are a nigh eternal being with a lot of spare time on your hands, you manage to wear a lot of hats. :p Honestly, its a cartoony version of the superman issue. If you dig hard enough you could find an issue of superman that gives him pretty much any power you can think of, not too mention feats of strength and durability that are utterly absurd because absolutely no thought was given to what superman taking an attack like whatever meant. Donald and Daffy have both been around for a very, VERY long time.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #637
    Orc in the Playground

Are we considering the fact that Donald will insist on healing Daffy at full HP for the first couple rounds of the battle?
    Click the spoiler tag for a link to my forums!
    Spoiler
    Show

Please visit my forums! We've got a great community and a lot of excellent free form RPing!

Thanks to DrKarling for the awesome avatar!

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Daffy imagines he is a wizard. Donald actually is one.
    How do you know he's not a wizard dreaming of being an incompetent duck?
    Homebrew Stuff:

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by F.H. Zebedee View Post
    Are we considering the fact that Donald will insist on healing Daffy at full HP for the first couple rounds of the battle?
    It's more likely that Donald will blow all his magic on spam casting Stop and Gravity than healing (and he never cast it on uninjured people).

Would make fr a funny scene of Daffy getting frozen and waking up to be squashed flat repeatedly.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post

I just remembered Donald Duck beat up a guy with the Holy Grail, too. No, not as in "a guy who has the Holy Grail", Donald beat him. With the Holy Grail. Broke it on the guy's head, too.

I will admit to completely forgetting Kingdom Hearts Donald, though. So he's a wizard, Batman, and James Bond. And Indiana Jones from all of his adventures, where he found all kinds of ancient artifacts. Also, he has Doombots. Well, Donaldbots.

Part of me is thinking Donald might be too much for Death Battle and part of me wants to see them actually doing it. I just don't know what opponent... It would have to be someone who you'd never, ever think he would stand a chance against... or Daffy.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Donald v Superman gogogo.

Set it up, have people laugh, and then go "But yeah, Superman is weak to magic so Donald wins".

Pillars of salt.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

You know the battle that I've wanted to see for a while? Vash the Stampede vs. Rushuna Tendo. That would be fun.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

13. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    You know the battle that I've wanted to see for a while? Vash the Stampede vs. Rushuna Tendo. That would be fun.
    If they pull in some of the stuff from the Trigun Manga that Tendo would get endoed.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

Isn't the conceit of Death Battle that "all limiters are off" as in every character uses their abilities to their max potential regardless of whether personality traits usually hold them back from doing it, and are willing to kill even when normally they wouldn't be?

In that case you have two extremely skilled gunmen...one of which who has an arm cannon that can vaporize a city and all of its inhabitants, while the other does not. Unless she has abilities not listed on her wiki page.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2017-02-19 at 02:39 AM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

Isn't the conceit of Death Battle that "all limiters are off" as in every character uses their abilities to their max potential regardless of whether personality traits usually hold them back from doing it, and are willing to kill even when normally they wouldn't be?

In that case you have two extremely skilled gunmen...one of which who has an arm cannon that can vaporize a city and all of its inhabitants, while the other does not. Unless she has abilities not listed on her wiki page.
    It would be funny though!

"Alright, its a showdown at high noon.....its Vash the Stampede Vs. Rushuna Tendo! This town ain't big enough for the both of them!"
    They do the classic standing with their back to each other. They take ten steps away. 3....2....1.....Draw!
    *Vash fires first and obliterates Rushuna.....along with half the town*

Thats how you do western showdowns, ANIME STYLE!
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

My wishlist for a fight is Nanoha Takamatchi vs Lina Inverse.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

How about Alucard vs Dio Brando? Now I haven't read Hellsing yet, and from what I understand Alucard might be much closer to Ultimate Kars's level of power, but the idea of two vampires with completely different powers duking it out is just a fun one.

Plus I want to see if there's anything that can beat Za Wardo! Because once Dio begins spamming that he becomes immensely more powerful.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, Vash would definitely win. But it's not about the end result.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Orc in the Playground

I love Vash enough that I actually don't know if I could watch that death battle. It's as much against his character as it is for Superman... if not more thanks to modern movies.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    How about Alucard vs Dio Brando? Now I haven't read Hellsing yet, and from what I understand Alucard might be much closer to Ultimate Kars's level of power, but the idea of two vampires with completely different powers duking it out is just a fun one.

Plus I want to see if there's anything that can beat Za Wardo! Because once Dio begins spamming that he becomes immensely more powerful.
    Dio wins, its hardly a contest. Stands are weird.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Dio wins, its hardly a contest. Stands are weird.
    Not as cut and dried as you might think. Stands may be invulnerable and invisible to anything but other stands and their users respectively but their users aren't.

Alucard is certainly stronger than Dio without the Stand, but The World gives Dio an edge.

It would likely turn into a war of attrition with Alucard having a hard time hitting Dio (essentially meaning he can't hurt him in the short term, since Dio has some not inconsiderable regeneration powers of his own) but Dio having precisely zero things that can hurt Alucard, or put him down permanently at least. Dio regenerates damage, but needs blood to fuel that regeneration.

Alucard regenerates like any vampire but he also has "extra lives", and he's cheated to give himself an untold number of them.

It would probably eventually come down to the sun coming up after Dio pounds on Alucard for hours on end. Whereupon Dio would evaporate like mist and Alucard would remark "Oh my what a beautiful day to drink some wine".

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

23. - Top - End - #653
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Not as cut and dried as you might think. Stands may be invulnerable and invisible to anything but other stands and their users respectively but their users aren't.

Alucard is certainly stronger than Dio without the Stand, but The World gives Dio an edge.

It would likely turn into a war of attrition with Alucard having a hard time hitting Dio (essentially meaning he can't hurt him in the short term, since Dio has some not inconsiderable regeneration powers of his own) but Dio having precisely zero things that can hurt Alucard, or put him down permanently at least. Dio regenerates damage, but needs blood to fuel that regeneration.

Alucard regenerates like any vampire but he also has "extra lives", and he's cheated to give himself an untold number of them.

It would probably eventually come down to the sun coming up after Dio pounds on Alucard for hours on end. Whereupon Dio would evaporate like mist and Alucard would remark "Oh my what a beautiful day to drink some wine".
    It's even worse for Dio if we're talking Alucard after he
    Spoiler: end of Hellsing
    Show
    absorbed Schrodinger, at which point Dio couldn't kill him with all the time in the (heh) world.

But Dio has so much more raw speed (well, his Stand does anyway, with the whole FTL schtick), that it'd be quite a grind. I mean, if Alucard can reach Dio and get a good hit in, or get one lucky shot, game over, but at best hypersonic speed with Alucard is just not going to cut it. That's not even counting ZA WARUDO.

Weirdly though, strength-wise I don't recall seeing anything particularly impressive from The World, I mean, he's strong sure (able to punch through people with ease), but compared to his speed it's just sort of... eh. I suppose it's enough for Alucard though, it isn't his durability that makes him tough, it's the whole regen aspect, but strength-wise they'd probably be around even.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

The World is canonically speaking the strongest a Stand can (for part three at least, not sure how that holds up going forward), having the highest "grade" of strength so he's capable of any strength feat that Star Platinum is capable of, and probably slightly more.

So, if nothing else, "strong enough to lift a Jeep with 4 people in it without breaking a sweat" and pummel steel (see file: Road Roller Da). Not amazing by some standards, but pretty considerable strength.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2017-02-20 at 12:54 AM.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... I really should keep up my attempt to catch up on JoJo... it's just so effing much...

That said, with my limited knowledge... Alucard is quite a beast. He has a whole slew of superhuman feats and while I don't know about Dio for sure, if "normal" humans even have a chance of fighting back against him, I see poor luck with him fighting Alucard. He certainly has not FTL or time manipulation (that we know of, at least) but apart from that he is pretty high on the list of dangerous, powerful, relentless and thirsty.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

I also really want to see them do Judge Dredd. Though I'm not sure who he should go up against.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it. Dredd vs. Punisher.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-02-20 at 08:40 AM.

27. - Top - End - #657

Alucard is shown, in the ultimate anime at least, to have some solid strength feats and the ability to boost his power even further. When he fights
    Spoiler
    Show
    the dandy man, he is able to take his hand and, fingers first, shove them through a playing card capable of slicing an anti tank rifle shell in half, then obliterate the arm holding said card. Plus im pretty sure he is capable of physically crushing body parts here with a single hand. And thats just releasing one level of his restrictions.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

28. - Top - End - #658
    Troll in the Playground

None of that matters when The World is capable of moving at FTL speeds, DIO is physically a powerhouse on his own, and Dio also gets to stop time when he feels like it. 9 times out of 10 Alucard is the kind of character that just wins a Death Battle but DIO the winner of this one.

29. - Top - End - #659

Remember that Za Warudo gained the ability to stop time when DIO was doing his regular "catch all the pellets of a shotgun fired at me from point-blank range" exercise. He didn't just gain the ability to stop time, he started stopping time because he was moving so fast that it was the only way he could go faster.

I don't think Alucard has demonstrated speed feats anywhere close to that. His extra lives are useless if he can't even touch DIO. DIO is also extremely cautious, so he's not likely to make a deadly mistake (which is how these things always tip towards the hero, or as close to a hero as Alucard is supposed to be, anyway).
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2017-02-21 at 08:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Remember that Za Warudo gained the ability to stop time when DIO was doing his regular "catch all the pellets of a shotgun fired at me from point-blank range" exercise. He didn't just gain the ability to stop time, he started stopping time because he was moving so fast that it was the only way he could go faster.

I don't think Alucard has demonstrated speed feats anywhere close to that. His extra lives are useless if he can't even touch DIO. DIO is also extremely cautious, so he's not likely to make a deadly mistake (which is how these things always tip towards the hero, or as close to a hero as Alucard is supposed to be, anyway).
    Okay, so, probably stupid but as someone who has seen the first twenty or so episodes of Jojo: How do Dio's enemies keep up with him? From what I know Dio neither is merciful nor too lazy to kill his opponents. If The World is so powerful how is the show still a thing and not "Dio rules the world"?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental