New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    On a slightly related note, am I the only one who enjoys One Minute Melee more than Death Battle?
    Nope.

I love 1min over DB, it's like watching the sprite battles Newgrounds hosts but a little dependable & consistent (I still wish Alvin would finish the SMBZ!). I like Super Powered Beat down too, those live action episodes are exactly the next step this type of media needed.

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't even watch the one before the last but Gannon vs Bowser got my attention. In regards to the last scene I wish Ratchet & Clank were facing Banjo & Kazooie.
    Last edited by Mato; 2016-04-06 at 01:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Latest Battle
    Show
    Well, wrong again. I'm glad that we have a duo battle up next; that means my dream Death Battle of Sailor Scouts vs Power Rangers is more likely to happen. As for the next battle, I'm going to say Ratchet and Clank. I'm much more fond of Jak and Daxter, but I think Ratchet's massive arsenal will trump Jak's eco powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    (I still wish Alvin would finish the SMBZ!)
    I have news for you! SMBZ is back, in reboot form!

As for this battle...
    Spoiler: BvG
    Show
    Another case of just not having what's needed, specifically, to kill the other character. I can't say I enjoy those matchups all that much, even if the fight was fun. The out of nowhere convenient tennis racket was amusing, though.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    I have news for you! SMBZ is back, in reboot form!
    Yep, instead of finishing SMBZ's story he started it all over. And now we have to wait for another eight episodes, or several years, to start catching up where we were.

And that's assuming we're going to get to watch SMBZ, his reboot may end up becoming a totally different series that just shares character models rather than plot.

I'd rather he finished SMBZ.
    Last edited by Mato; 2016-04-07 at 07:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

So, latest battle, Jak and dexter versus ratchet and clank.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, I didnt really have a pony in this one, I never played either set of games. The battle itself was kinda blurry and confusing to watch. Which really wont be better when the next battle comes out. The flash versus..... lord knows who. Im trying to think of a speedster that even remotely compares and im coming up blank. MAYBE terrigan powered quicksilver?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    So, latest battle, Jak and dexter versus ratchet and clank.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, I didnt really have a pony in this one, I never played either set of games. The battle itself was kinda blurry and confusing to watch. Which really wont be better when the next battle comes out. The flash versus..... lord knows who. Im trying to think of a speedster that even remotely compares and im coming up blank. MAYBE terrigan powered quicksilver?
    Spoiler: The Battle
    Show
    Yeah, didn't really have a horse in this race either. The only thing I wanted was if Jak and Daxter lost, to have a scene were Daxter smacktalks Jak while he's dying like when you died in the original Jak and Daxter. I didn't get that, so... eh.

Spoiler: Next Time...
    Show
    The Flash. The Flash with his inhibitions towards killing removed as per the Death Battle rules. A composite Flash of all of the best of The Flash...

There are so many ridiculous feats they can pull out to do Death Battle Physics on, and all of them come out to "HAX!" An unfettered Flash is one of the most terrifying opponents I can think of for a Death Battle. I have no idea who they could even put up against The "I have reaction times measured in fractions of an attosecond" Flash. For reference, the shortest measurable length of time is 12 attoseconds. And you just know Death Battle will use that feat somehow.

The Death Battle team has their work cut out for them, but I wonder if this is a Wolverine scenario. Where the character has been on a list for a long time but they didn't find a suitable opponent yet. Until now. And I have no idea who you'd put up against an unfettered Flash and expect to have a fight.

7. - Top - End - #67

Yeah, like I said, im coming up short on potentials.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It almost HAS to be a speedster, they tend to try very hard to get similar characters to match up with. You rarely see a warrior versus a wizard type matchups. But Flash is so utterly absurdly bonkers HAX with his mental limiters taken off, that im having a rough time figuring it out. I suggested quicksilver with terrigan mist power because thats the only guy I can think of so fast he can travel through time. Even then I doubt he has feats to match with the crazy garbage flash has pulled off.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Still Next Time...
    Show
    Yeah, I'm looking through my knowledge of utterly HAX characters to come up with a suitable opponent and it's just not computing.

I mean, yeah, an opponent who can fly and blow up the Earth wins by default. Fly into space and boom. So that's the upper limit. But even then, if they start grounded, it has to be someone who can get away from Flash. And most opponents there'll just be a stain on the ground after taking an Infinite Mass Punch 0.001 seconds after the "FIGHT!" graphic appears. That's the lower limit. You must survive until the "FIGHT!" graphics fade out to be in this battle.

So you either have to tank the hit or dodge the hit. I can't think of many characters on that list. I mean, sure, I could say Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles with the True Monado, but he's just a reality warper, even if getting 12 seconds of perfect clairvoyance would be rather useful against The Flash. But he's just not thematically appropriate.

I guess Quicksilver is the obvious candidate, but I do wonder what other speedster options there are. Who's fast in Anime? Like, stupidly fast?

9. - Top - End - #69

Show
    Yeah, I'm looking through my knowledge of utterly HAX characters to come up with a suitable opponent and it's just not computing.

I mean, yeah, an opponent who can fly and blow up the Earth wins by default. Fly into space and boom. So that's the upper limit. But even then, if they start grounded, it has to be someone who can get away from Flash. And most opponents there'll just be a stain on the ground after taking an Infinite Mass Punch 0.001 seconds after the "FIGHT!" graphic appears. That's the lower limit. You must survive until the "FIGHT!" graphics fade out to be in this battle.

So you either have to tank the hit or dodge the hit. I can't think of many characters on that list. I mean, sure, I could say Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles with the True Monado, but he's just a reality warper, even if getting 12 seconds of perfect clairvoyance would be rather useful against The Flash. But he's just not thematically appropriate.

I guess Quicksilver is the obvious candidate, but I do wonder what other speedster options there are. Who's fast in Anime? Like, stupidly fast?
    There are a couple of speedsters/teleporters in naruto, but I dont think they have the reaction time to even think about flash.

They generally dont go in universe otherwise I would shrug and say superman. Yeah he is slower, but he also is able to tank some big hits.

I think there are random anime characters who have the ability to stop time or other similar skills but once again, they would lack the reaction time to do anything other than turn into a fine pink mist. Flash is just too broken for words. Unless they do something like limit him based on the JL cartoon they showed where flash went so fast he nearly merged with the speed force and "died" And even then he is absurdly fast.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Yeah, I'm looking through my knowledge of utterly HAX characters to come up with a suitable opponent and it's just not computing. I mean, yeah, an opponent who can fly and blow up the Earth wins by default. Fly into space and boom. So that's the upper limit. But even then, if they start grounded, it has to be someone who can get away from Flash. And most opponents there'll just be a stain on the ground after taking an Infinite Mass Punch 0.001 seconds after the "FIGHT!" graphic appears. That's the lower limit. You must survive until the "FIGHT!" graphics fade out to be in this battle. So you either have to tank the hit or dodge the hit. I can't think of many characters on that list. I mean, sure, I could say Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles with the True Monado, but he's just a reality warper, even if getting 12 seconds of perfect clairvoyance would be rather useful against The Flash. But he's just not thematically appropriate. I guess Quicksilver is the obvious candidate, but I do wonder what other speedster options there are. Who's fast in Anime? Like, stupidly fast?
    My vote is for Dio Brando of Jo Jo's Bizarre adventure. Super evil time stopping guy.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    I could've sworn I read a sonic fan explain why Sonic has infinite speed. There's also a youtube video comparing different speed feats from various media, like DBZ, Tenchi Muyo, GL, TTGL, Quicksilver, Sonic, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    I fully expect to see Flash losing to Sonic the Hedgehog. After all, Sonic's theme song clearly states "he's the fastest thing alive" so he must be faster than Flash.

It's just as solid as the rest of their reasoning.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

If Sonic possessed infinite speed wouldn't the entire notion of moving to an end point of a level be utterly trivialized? Wouldn't he already be at the start and finish simultaneously?

You'd assume he could move through water somewhat quicker, at least.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    If Sonic possessed infinite speed wouldn't the entire notion of moving to an end point of a level be utterly trivialized? Wouldn't he already be at the start and finish simultaneously?

You'd assume he could move through water somewhat quicker, at least.
    You can prove just about anything if you're a fan that tries hard enough.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

It was just a joke guys.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

I dont think its likely, but there is one character I want to see fight the Flash:

Spoiler: The character
    Show
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

It was just a joke guys.
    I believe that we were responding to Ben Zayb, not you. He said that he'd seen a fan 'prove' that Sonic had infinite speed.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I think it was an old comment in the Sonic vs Flash One-Minute-Melee, buried in the deepest recesses of a hundred-post comment chain. *shrugs*

Then again, didn't Wally already beat instant teleportation in the Human Race? Or would they not count that because he borrowed other's speed?
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

So my initial thought was Quicksilver as well, Speedster vs. Speedster, and the two have some in comic history from DC/Marvel crossovers. The problem is, Flash consistently, and canonically, wins those. So it needs to be someone who isn't going to be instantly destroyed by Flash's insane reaction times and hits. So... Would Silver Surfer be able to handle him? Or is that going too far in the other direction?

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

20. - Top - End - #80

Honestly, isnt most of the justice league horribly broken in various ways? The wonder woman/rogue fight was total bullpucky considering just how fast and strong wonder woman can be. Of course we all know superman, the flash is absurd, and even jhon jonez or however his name is spelled is incredibly dangerous. I would put him up against Professor X WITH cerebro considering the martian has connected to the entire planet without aid from a device. And he aint stuck in a chair

21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    I think it was an old comment in the Sonic vs Flash One-Minute-Melee, buried in the deepest recesses of a hundred-post comment chain. *shrugs*

Then again, didn't Wally already beat instant teleportation in the Human Race? Or would they not count that because he borrowed other's speed?

Borrowed speed. Not like he needs it. Flash... is fast enough to break dimensional barriers on his own power as well as speed through time or realities.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2016-04-28 at 07:37 PM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #82
    Banned

Honestly the only person I can think of who is a good match for Flash is another version of Flash.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd figure that the only things that can beat Flash are:
    1. Somebody just as fast or faster. As far as I know there aren't any of those except for maybe some of his villains, which would hardly make for an interesting set-up.
    2. Somebody who has reality warping or flat-out omnipotence. That wouldn't make for a very interesting set-up either, since it's too different and is something that can't really be beaten period.
    3. Somebody who can blow up the planet from space. This, at least, isn't super hard to find; but again is too different from Flash.
    4. Somebody who can take a beating from Flash and counterattack with something that he can't just outrun. This would probably be the best bet, but what is there that can do that? Some super-powered psychic or magician, or perhaps a Superman-esque character who can take the pounding and wait for Flash to leave an opening.

I doubt he'll be going up against a thematically similar Marvel character; seeing as how he's officially far more powerful than any of their speedsters and Deathbattle doesn't always match up comic book characters against each other.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

If we are not using Flash to his full potential? I don't know... maybe a composite Gambit (with New Sun pulling most of the weight). Gambit should now be getting mainstream attention due to the newest Gambit spinoff with Tatum, right?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!
    Show
    It's Quicksilver. God help us all.

Yeah, this is looking like it's going to be one of the ugliest stomps in DB history. Possibly even worse than Vegeta vs. Shadow (to this day I'm not sure why ANYONE ever thought that would be a good idea).

I'd be lying if I said that being THIS sure of the outcome hasn't really deflated all interest in this episode for me. Even when I'm fairly sure I know how it's going to end (Bowser vs. Ganon, natch), there's always tension in considering the possibility I'll be wrong, and trying to figure out why is always fun.

But this? You're putting quite possibly the second most broken character in DC (behind Superman, obviously) and somebody who sees, thinks, and reacts in less than an ATTOSECOND (for reference, a FULL attosecond is only enough time for light to cross a single molecule) against somebody who, as recently as last year, died because he ran into a bullet in one continuity.

I'm actually getting angry the more I think about the fact that this fight is going to take up three weeks of releases, simply because I know there's just no way in the Nine Hells that this can end any other way.

I only hope that Torrian is animating this because if nothing else this fight COULD be worth watching if it's well animated, but considering we're just coming off of a fight he animated, I doubt this will be anything more than a sprite battle. Which, not to bash their sprite animators (I mean, some of their sprite battles have been better looking than the 3D rendered ones), isn't the best fit for characters this fast.
    Last edited by ChillerInstinct; 2016-05-02 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Banned

Look at the bright side. It's Death Battle, so there's at least a decent chance they throw logic and reason out the window and let the other guy win.

27. - Top - End - #87

Look at the bright side. It's Death Battle, so there's at least a decent chance they throw logic and reason out the window and let the other guy win.
    All it takes is choosing to allow a single panel from a single comic where flash slipped on some cream pie filling and got beaten by a much weaker character. Then the fight will take place within a bakery. The only other option is to disallow certain comic continuities or even rely entirely on the cartoons. After all, im pretty sure not every aspect of the flash has had attosecond response time, or been able to dodge bullets he didnt realize were fired at him when he feels them make contact with his neck.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I remember a scene in the Injustice videogame: Flash vs. Deathstroke.
    Deathsroke expects Flash to rush in through the door and leads him with a tripmine which knocks him out of his speed.
    is The Flash known for falling to such tricks?
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

The only way I can possibly foresee the challenger winning is if they do the Flash's dimensional-vibration technique into a dimension without the Speed Force.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Honestly? Normally I find DB tends to make an at least reasonably compelling case as to why the fight ended up that way, even if I don't necessarily agree with the outcome (exception to the rule being Megazord vs. Epyon, since I still think that the former's ludicrous reaction speed should have played more of a role, but meh).

But that's just it-- I don't necessarily CARE about the outcome as much as the matchup itself. It's not like the losers are any less appealing in their home series because a third party said that they'd lose to X from Y series in a fight. I like sitting back, mulling over the information presented to me, deciding who I think has the advantage, watch a depiction of said matchup (ranging from decent to amazing depending on the fight), then listening to their reasoning.

But here? Pending some one-off scene like Traab mentioned, it's agonizingly obvious who is going to win this one. It's like when they made that rematch of Superman vs. Goku AFTER the first one decisively said that Goku can break any limits while Superman has none at all-- no amount of shiny new forms is going to change that result. There's no tension here, just slowly waiting for the inevitable, and wondering what the next matchup will be.

The only saving grace for this battle will be if the fight itself is good. And I bet it will be! I mean, two super speeders going at it, especially when one of them had an awesome movie scene less than a year ago and the other has a solid legacy of entertaining fights? Always fun to watch. But then... why devote a whole episode of Death Battle to it, especially since DBX is going to be a thing now? Could have saved themselves a lot of research time for an outcome we all know is going to happen, and still let the characters (and the animator) cut loose.

I love Death Battle, really, I do, but things like this just irk me. They get thousands of fight requests every day, and some of them are actually not terrible ideas. I'd sooner see one of those than a fight that we all know the ending to, is my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.