New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

I would say Fairy Tail, One Piece, Bleach and Naruto are all on the same mountain-destroyer level really. anything else is just being overly specific as power scaling doesn't really matter beyond the most general level.

I'd give the win to Natsu. Ace is a limited character with limited powers. Natsu is a guy who eats the power of every major foe he takes out and gains it for his own use, as I remember him having lightning after defeating Laxus. and he can just eat all of Ace's flames

But then again I thought the Erza should've won the fight against Zorro because of her more flexible powers. and because I honestly think Erza is more powerful than Natsu, but I haven't gotten around to watching Fairy Tail since the tournament arc after the timeskip so whatever, what do I know? perhaps Natsu finally overtook her.

As well as the fact that I like Fairy Tail and don't really like One Piece, so what do I know? I'm biased.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I would say Fairy Tail, One Piece, Bleach and Naruto are all on the same mountain-destroyer level really. anything else is just being overly specific as power scaling doesn't really matter beyond the most general level.

I'd give the win to Natsu. Ace is a limited character with limited powers. Natsu is a guy who eats the power of every major foe he takes out and gains it for his own use, as I remember him having lightning after defeating Laxus. and he can just eat all of Ace's flames

But then again I thought the Erza should've won the fight against Zorro because of her more flexible powers. and because I honestly think Erza is more powerful than Natsu, but I haven't gotten around to watching Fairy Tail since the tournament arc after the timeskip so whatever, what do I know? perhaps Natsu finally overtook her.

As well as the fact that I like Fairy Tail and don't really like One Piece, so what do I know? I'm biased.
    Normally I'd say any One Piece character is more powerful then the Fairy Tail equivalent. But this is literally playing straight to Natsu's strengths. This should be an easy win for him.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I dunno, I think one piece isnt really that far down the power scale, all things considered, yeah you have dragonball or gurren laggen levels of power, but the whole trio of naruto/bleach/one piece are at mountain destroying levels at least. Thats not exactly small potatoes. And while yeah, goku would yawn his way through that curb stomp, for regular joes, being able to casually destroy cities with a single attack is pretty godlike.
    Remember that one character in Naruto literally created the moon. Sasuke and Naruto each hold half of that level of strength.

Its power scale is higher than people think.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, when Naruto got close to its finale power scales skyrocketed.. I can't talk about Bleach but in terms of raw destruction it's on another scale than OP and FT.

This fight IS ridiculously unfair towards Ace. We know Natsu can eat pretty much all kinds of fire, even if it takes sometimes to get to it (i.e. the fire God slayer guy). My guess is Ace because he still is quite powerful will get Natsu in a bind but then he will just figure out how to eat all of Ace' attacks.
    Also, Natsu "recently" got another power boost, so...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #905
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Honestly this fight should end in a draw, Ace cant hurt Natsu, Natsu cant hurt Ace.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yeah, when Naruto got close to its finale power scales skyrocketed.. I can't talk about Bleach but in terms of raw destruction it's on another scale than OP and FT.

This fight IS ridiculously unfair towards Ace. We know Natsu can eat pretty much all kinds of fire, even if it takes sometimes to get to it (i.e. the fire God slayer guy). My guess is Ace because he still is quite powerful will get Natsu in a bind but then he will just figure out how to eat all of Ace' attacks.
    Also, Natsu "recently" got another power boost, so...
    While the Naruto end boss can create the moon, the Bleach end boss became supposedly capable of recreating all of existence.

I'm stoked to see another OP character in DB, but I agree that this is pretty much Magneto vs Ironman (wait, no) Popeye vs someone made of Spinach. It's entirely possible this is done to appease the FT fans who were disappointed with Erza vs Zoro. Or...DB pulls some BS to make them way more pissed than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Ace is physically around as strong as Luffy. Just so everyone remembers. He can just punch dudes if his fire doesn't work.

Whether he's smart enough to do that is another question...
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2017-04-13 at 11:03 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Ace is physically around as strong as Luffy. Just so everyone remembers. He can just punch dudes if his fire doesn't work.

Whether he's smart enough to do that is another question...
    I'd say he's smart enough: so the real question is, who would win in a boxing match? Him or Natsu?
    If the analysis takes that route, this fight could be worth watching.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

9. - Top - End - #909
    Banned

It seems pretty pointless to have a battle between two people famous for using fire and have them not use fire.

10. - Top - End - #910

Devil

well they'd start out fighting fire with fire until both realize it wasn't working and then they'd start throwing fists.

which ace would win, natsu is physically stronger but that doesn't mean much when you're fighting a semi-incorporeal creature.

what will probably happen is

Spoiler: old One Piece spoiler
    Show
    they'll find a picture of Nastu's fire melting rock or steel or something and say his fire is capable of being hot enough to burn Ace, which is something explicitly able to happen in universe.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

There is no fire capable of burning Ace. The thing with Akainu was that Akainu's Devil Fruit "trumps" Ace's, with lava being more powerful than fire. Presumably a similar situation would occur with something like Aokiji vs that one harpy chick with the snow Logia that Zoro slice and diced, since ice trumps snow, or something.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Banned

I'm no expert on One Piece, so if you guys think Ace would win I'm not going to argue. I will say that Natsu is no slouch in hand to hand either though. Especially if the fight starts with his opponent giving him fire to eat and power up on.

13. - Top - End - #913

Spoiler: Voltron v Power Rangers
    Show

So, Space Power Rangers beats Earth Power Rangers. I barely knew either series, but once I realized that Voltron was "Power Rangers, but on a Universe-Wide scale", it kind of seemed obvious that they'd win. The specific "black hole" and "comet" feats were kind of overkill.

The fight was still fun to watch, though. Unpopular Opinion: I'm actually not disappointed that they went right to the megas. Let them put more time into that, and everyone kind of knows that's the only fight that matters, so there's literally 0 suspense until that happens.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2017-04-16 at 04:34 AM.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    Spoiler: Voltron v Power Rangers
    Show

So, Space Power Rangers beats Earth Power Rangers. I barely knew either series, but once I realized that Voltron was "Power Rangers, but on a Universe-Wide scale", it kind of seemed obvious that they'd win. The specific "black hole" and "comet" feats were kind of overkill.

The fight was still fun to watch, though. Unpopular Opinion: I'm actually not disappointed that they went right to the megas. Let them put more time into that, and everyone kind of knows that's the only fight that matters, so there's literally 0 suspense until that happens.

Spoiler
    Show
    There are ranger and Sentai teams that can fight on even keel with Voltron. It's just that the most popular and well known Megazord happens to also be one of the weakest

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are ranger and Sentai teams that can fight on even keel with Voltron. It's just that the most popular and well known Megazord happens to also be one of the weakest
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, that's only true in the American series. In the original Super Sentai, most of the series occurred in semi-independent universes (except during crossover movies or Gokaiger), which makes it harder to compare Megazord with the others. But the Megazord was called "Daizyujin," and was the physical manifestation of a deity, and actually possessed its own awareness. That doesn't mean it's necessarily stronger than other combination mecha, but it is a god, so, you know, that's something to be considered.

But yeah, even by its own standards, the Megazord is its second-weakest combined state (after Beast Tank mode); it can still combine with the Dragonzord and Titanus to become even more powerful. By contrast, Voltron never actually did a combination beyond, you know, just Voltron - it was always its own strongest form.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

16. - Top - End - #916

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I'm no expert on One Piece, so if you guys think Ace would win I'm not going to argue. I will say that Natsu is no slouch in hand to hand either though. Especially if the fight starts with his opponent giving him fire to eat and power up on.
    Its not that Ace is strictly better hand to hand, its that he is semi-incorporeal. Think of him like a balloon, anything that would cause him to "pop" will just pass through him causing no harm.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    Its not that Ace is strictly better hand to hand, its that he is semi-incorporeal. Think of him like a balloon, anything that would cause him to "pop" will just pass through him causing no harm.
    Hmm, I wonder, if he is basically a human fire elemental, could he actually be devoured completely by natsu?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #918

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Hmm, I wonder, if he is basically a human fire elemental, could he actually be devoured completely by natsu?
    Hard to say but i doubt it, Logia(elemental) Devil Fruits start out as only being incorporeal with active thought and later learn to do it instinctively. If Natsu tries to eat him he'd just go solid.

19. - Top - End - #919

Hard to say but i doubt it, Logia(elemental) Devil Fruits start out as only being incorporeal with active thought and later learn to do it instinctively. If Natsu tries to eat him he'd just go solid.
    Now I have this mental image of him shrinking bite by bite as every time he goes incorporeal to avoid a hit, natsu takes another chunk of fire. Eventually he is chopper sized and cursing a blue streak.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Still, very much this. If Natsu tries physical attacks, Ace can become fire and they'll pass right through him. If Natsu tries fire attacks, same. If Natsu tries to eat Ace, Ace can become physical - and thus not edible fire - and punch the nutjob gnawing on him. Punch him really very hard.

Ace can render himself immune to both the physical and magical elements of Natsu's arsenal. Natsu is only immune to Ace's fire-based weaponry. While Natsu is incredibly durable, easily on par with some of OP's stronger characters, he isn't immortal. Ace is pretty powerful with physical attacks, and is capable of using Haki if memory serves. Moreover, when one side is completely immune to the other's attacks, it's not a question of who will win, but how long it will take.

That said, in all likelihood, victory goes to Natsu, simply because - as series protagonist - he's been shown doing more incredibly over-the-top stuff. Ace is powerful, but he's not a member of the Straw Hats; he's a background character, so his screen time - and by extension his opportunity to perform amazing feats - is limited. Which means less data to use, which is what the DB crew ostensibly goes by.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure Natsu's eaten some pretty messed up things. I think going solid would result in Ace losing whatever Natsu's gotten a hold of.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

confused Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

So, according to the Natsu summary on their channel, he already died at childhood. (And was resurrected as a demon). Isn't that an auto-disqualification?
    Can't be in a Death Battle if you're dead alread, right?
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    So, according to the Natsu summary on their channel, he already died at childhood. (And was resurrected as a demon). Isn't that an auto-disqualification?
    Can't be in a Death Battle if you're dead alread, right?
    Of course you can, you... life-ist? They can't qualify all undead after all... they had Scorpion, Wolverine, loads of characters who died already

Also, that's a lot of manga spoilers in Natsu's intro. I sure hope their viewers are up to date on the manga.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

24. - Top - End - #924

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I'm pretty sure Natsu's eaten some pretty messed up things. I think going solid would result in Ace losing whatever Natsu's gotten a hold of.
    yeah, but Ace is Luffy's brother, and luffy has been known to use his choppers in battle, i'm pretty sure he's used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Also, that's a lot of manga spoilers in Natsu's intro. I sure hope their viewers are up to date on the manga.
    there sure are, i had stopped reading the manga just before all that was revealed, but it had been hinted at and foreshadowed enough that i had already been assuming it.

25. - Top - End - #925

yeah, but Ace is Luffy's brother, and luffy has been known to use his choppers in battle, i'm pretty sure he's used to it.

there sure are, i had stopped reading the manga just before all that was revealed, but it had been hinted at and foreshadowed enough that i had already been assuming it.
    I would imagine the general outlook on the spoilers is, those who are fans of natsu likely already know it, and those who have no clue about him wont care because they dont read the manga/watch the anime. Lets face it, technically speaking all the death battles have "spoilers" but most of the characters are fairly long established so its not a big deal telling us, for example, about wolverines past. Because by now pretty much anyone who gives a damn already knows it.

26. - Top - End - #926

Was Power Ranger set stop the Voltron Force were under the guise of thinking it might have were to been stronger Zords than Lions, except comets are stronger with pig monster versus as when however it weren't there all as much in the end. Good battle, though.
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Ace vs Natsu
    Show
    Guy who eats fire beats guy made of fire. By punching him with lightning. Eh, okay then.

Spoiler: Next time...
    Show
    And now we're ice themed. Sub-Zero vs. ice guy from Killer Instinct, I think? ...guy who controls ice vs. ice monster. Didn't we just have that fight in fire form?

28. - Top - End - #928

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Spoiler: Ace vs Natsu
    Show
    Guy who eats fire beats guy made of fire. By punching him with lightning. Eh, okay then.

Spoiler: Next time...
    Show
    And now we're ice themed. Sub-Zero vs. ice guy from Killer Instinct, I think? ...guy who controls ice vs. ice monster. Didn't we just have that fight in fire form?
    I wont hold this fight against them, it wasnt as lopsided as I was afraid they would make it, and the ending DOES make sense. As for the next battle,

Spoiler
    Show
    Nah, I dont think subzero controls all ice, just the ice he makes. I admit I havent really played since mk3 so things might have changed. Im thinking that unless he CAN control all ice, sub zero is in trouble as he has a fleshy body, and glacius doesnt.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

My initial thought is Glacius wins. He is a telepathic alien capable of adapting to any environment and he crash landed on Earth and became stranded as Ultratech further stole his stuff. Including his DNA which was injected into a human to create Cinder.

Subzero is actually a code name used by Bi-Han and his younger brother Kuai Liang, both are exceptionally powerful ninjas in the original story line but Bi-Han's real power is the later transformation into wraith Noob and Kuai's history was retconned into him becoming Tundra instead of being the medallion powered grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. Beating a creature immune to ice, ability to turn into a liquid, and set it's self on fire, is only something I'd consider if they used their original incarnations. In the new timeline, Glacius wins. Flawless victory.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, Killer Instinct has a story now? Is this something that came with the XBone game?