New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Matter Materialization is a spell, not a ki technique - Piccolo is weird because he uses magic and ki due to spending a lot of time thinking he was a demon.

I mean. It's still turning energy into matter. But I just thought it was important to note that it's magic.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    For the sake of my sanity (and supposedly other's) can we please ban the S and G words from this thread?
    Can't you just skip the posts that bother you? It takes like 1 second of scrolling.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Colossus in the Playground

Not when it turns into a page and a half of like, 90% nit picking about the two.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Not when it turns into a page and a half of like, 90% nit picking about the two.
    I mean, you guys talk about stuff I don't care about too. I just scroll past it instead of asking you not to talk.

5. - Top - End - #1235

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I mean, you guys talk about stuff I don't care about too. I just scroll past it instead of asking you not to talk.
    I usually scroll past too, but lets face it. From time to time, it stretches on forever and gets mindlessly repetitive with neither side willing to budge an inch just regurgitating the same counter argument. I can certainly understand being annoyed by the argument that never ends, never goes anywhere, and could just be the same handful of people copy pasting their first posts to each other. When we could go onto productive arguments like star wars versus star trek /runs and hides

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Troll in the Playground

This is iterally the thread one goes to to knitpick this stuff. I mean look at my endless complaints about Gaara. Dis is what we do.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2017-09-08 at 04:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I think part of the appeal is that both DC and Dragonball have managed to stay internally consistent while continuing plotlines and making callbacks from 10+ years ago. It really feels rewarding to keep track of what's going on in both universes. Star Trek and Star Wars are kind of the opposite right now, with the reboots and the direction they've taken those series.

I could do the Extended Universe versus 40K though. (don't know much about ST) Primarchs making Death Star Runs and Space Wolves jousting with Rancor-riding Force Witches sounds neat!

E: I think the other thing is that they're kind of resting on their laurels innovation-wise. Metal Gear Uprising (the action one) packed in more Star Wars tech then the last movie, expanded on that tech, and still managed to put in more discussions on conceptual morality then the last two star trek movies. There's competition in sci-fi, and the big names haven't seemed to notice yet.
    Last edited by Chives; 2017-09-08 at 07:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chives View Post
    (don't know much about ST)
    All you really have to know is one type of photon torpedo weighs 247.5kg, if you stood on OST Enterprise's hull while traveling at maximum impulse speed (1/2 the speed of light) and simply threw it at your target. The energy is close to the equivalent of hitting it with six hundred and forty four megatons of force. Because at some point a debate will turn to firepower and a Star Wars fan is going to bring up stardestroyer's calculations to claim that a photon torpedo is less than thirty megatons.

I think it was the last round of debates is where I realized Star Gate's ships are more powerful than either of of those two universes. A half-charged ZPM can destroy our solar system and Atlantis was meant to be powered by four of them, and one was specifically dedicated to the weapons too.

9. - Top - End - #1239

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    All you really have to know is one type of photon torpedo weighs 247.5kg, if you stood on OST Enterprise's hull while traveling at maximum impulse speed (1/2 the speed of light) and simply threw it at your target. The energy is close to the equivalent of hitting it with six hundred and forty four megatons of force. Because at some point a debate will turn to firepower and a Star Wars fan is going to bring up stardestroyer's calculations to claim that a photon torpedo is less than thirty megatons.

I think it was the last round of debates is where I realized Star Gate's ships are more powerful than either of of those two universes. A half-charged ZPM can destroy our solar system and Atlantis was meant to be powered by four of them, and one was specifically dedicated to the weapons too.
    I went at it from a strange angle. I pointed out that one of the star wars empires most powerful weapons was the sun crusher. And that in deep space nine, an infiltrator managed to secretly replicate a bomb capable of doing the exact same thing on a space station operating under heavy security. Seriously, he jerry rigged a bomb equivalent to the sun crusher while trying to avoid being noticed.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Banned

I went at it from a strange angle. I pointed out that one of the star wars empires most powerful weapons was the sun crusher. And that in deep space nine, an infiltrator managed to secretly replicate a bomb capable of doing the exact same thing on a space station operating under heavy security. Seriously, he jerry rigged a bomb equivalent to the sun crusher while trying to avoid being noticed.
    And Tony Stark built an Iron Man suit with a box of scraps in a cave. None of that means very much when common sense ceases to be in order to further the drama of the story.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Banned

And Tony Stark built an Iron Man suit with a box of scraps in a cave. None of that means very much when common sense ceases to be in order to further the drama of the story.
    If by scraps you mean the world's most sophisticated weapons, with help of the world's top physicist, to finish a project he already been developing, then sure. I think that's why they call them superheroes.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    If by scraps you mean the world's most sophisticated weapons, with help of the world's top physicist, to finish a project he already been developing, then sure. I think that's why they call them superheroes.
    Nah, I think he literally meant scraps. At least, a version of him did. At least Batman started off with the bs gadgets (for most iterations) instead of growing into them (extremis....really? Let's just ignore the poisoning of such a concept since the very thing that makes you YOU should of killed you). But that's not something I want to delve too deep into. Sides, Dr. Doom is a far better hero than both tinman and bats.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    Nah, I think he literally meant scraps. At least, a version of him did. At least Batman started off with the bs gadgets (for most iterations) instead of growing into them (extremis....really? Let's just ignore the poisoning of such a concept since the very thing that makes you YOU should of killed you). But that's not something I want to delve too deep into. Sides, Dr. Doom is a far better hero than both tinman and bats.
    Speaking of...I can't help but think that Doom vs Bats would be a good fight. Maybe not for Death Battle to do, since they would ignore the planning aspect that makes both characters great...but if there was another company out there that did what Death Battle does (except not stupid) then it would be entertaining.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

8-bit theater actually did a quick back-and-forth about that. It's not a bad read.

https://www.nuklearpower.com/2003/10...ally-speaking/
    https://www.nuklearpower.com/2003/10...43-check-mate/

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chives View Post
    8-bit theater actually did a quick back-and-forth about that. It's not a bad read.

https://www.nuklearpower.com/2003/10...ally-speaking/
    https://www.nuklearpower.com/2003/10...43-check-mate/
    Yeah, I'm familiar with 8-Bit. I don't really care who would win. I just think it would be an entertaining one to watch.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Smokey blurb is up, and considering he is a 7 foot tall 800 pound black bear with human intelligence, unless mcgruff gets a gun, he is going to die.

17. - Top - End - #1247

Devil

Smokey blurb is up, and considering he is a 7 foot tall 800 pound black bear with human intelligence, unless mcgruff gets a gun, he is going to die.
    Im willing to bet they'll give Mcgruff a .38 revolver, the standard for old timey detectives.

Which will be worthless against a bear.
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2017-09-14 at 01:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of...I can't help but think that Doom vs Bats would be a good fight. Maybe not for Death Battle to do, since they would ignore the planning aspect that makes both characters great...but if there was another company out there that did what Death Battle does (except not stupid) then it would be entertaining.
    Isn't Dr Doom on a completely different scale of power?
    I mean from what I understand DC tries very hard to make it so that Batman is useful even against cosmic threats, but alone vs such a strong character, it's not even a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    I mean from what I understand DC tries very hard to make it so that Batman is useful even against cosmic threats, but alone vs such a strong character, it's not even a fight.
    DC constantly tries to have it's cake and eat it too with Batman. No he can't stand toe to toe against the big threats. But yes he'll bull**** a way. And this is coming from a Batman fan.

20. - Top - End - #1250

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Certain iterations of doom are stronger than others, and there have been times where he has seized ultimate power that would probably make darseid weep, but in general he is a super smart bog standard human who also usually has a talent for magic. He just makes up for it with his fancy power armor and other gadgets. Yes yes, killed a lion barehanded and naked I know.

21. - Top - End - #1251

McGruff blurb is up
    Spoiler
    Show
    It may not be a stomp fest, but I still think a giant bear armed with a shovel and human intelligence along with its own terrible bite and claw strength, will win this fight.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

Insert joke about taking a bite out of McGruff here.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Smokey vs. McGruff is out.

Spoiler: Bear vs. Dog, Match of the Century!
    Show
    Smokey wins. Turns out a bear the size of a mountain has no problems against a dog in a monster truck. Who knew?

Was this the most one-sided Death Battle ever, or does Flash vs. Quicksilver still hold that?

Spoiler: Next time...
    Show
    Marvel vs. DC! The Mighty Thor vs. Wonder Woman!

Okay this could actually be good, but I wonder if Thor will take it from some crazy feat he's done in his comics. Not that I'd discount Wonder Woman from having those either, but she's not a god. Thor might get some silly feats out of that that she doesn't.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

Thor is very close to Marvel's version of Superman. As strong as Wonder Woman is, I don't see her winning this one.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Thor is very close to Marvel's version of Superman. As strong as Wonder Woman is, I don't see her winning this one.
    I don't know... I feel like DC tends to have their characters be more superhuman than Marvel. I'm not familiar enough with either but it's my impression. So Diana might stand a chance... a good one.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

26. - Top - End - #1256

BlackDragon

Diana has beaten Superman before though. And it's on record that she out of anyone not named Batman is poised to do so without too much trouble. Her losing to Storm is probably going to be forgotten, and speed is the only area she completely loses out in. If they do their homework, it should be hella close.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

Wonder Woman will probably win.

.....either that, or they're going to go for a bull explanation about how Wonder Woman's costume is metal with metal bracers and how Thor can attack with lightning and somehow easily kill her with the conductible electricity that doesn't make any sense.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I don't know... I feel like DC tends to have their characters be more superhuman than Marvel. I'm not familiar enough with either but it's my impression. So Diana might stand a chance... a good one.
    There's sort of two realms of Marvel stuff, there's the usual planetbound Marvel heroes, and there's the Cosmic stuff, with a huge gap between. DC heroes are (on average, excluding the huge number of non-powered heroes DC has comparatively) generally stronger than the former, but the latter are a whole different ball game.

In quite a few incarnations, Thor falls into the latter category. I think he ignited a star once? Things in that general realm, anyway.

He's like Superman in that his power scale wildly fluctuates from near-omnipotence to barely above other heroes, where Wonder Woman is to my knowledge far more consistent. By Death Battle's own rules, this makes Thor pretty much impossible for her to defeat unless they have him throw the match.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2017-09-27 at 02:09 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1259

Todays battle was super predictable. Honestly, mountain bear aside, mcgruff still wasnt going to win. He is shorter, was out weighed a few times over, out muscled a few times over, and had no weapons aside from his own teeth while smokey had even bigger teeth and claws as well as a very sharp shovel. It was quicksilver versus flash levels of obvious. Im really looking forward to the next one. I think that wonder woman has had some utterly absurd feats of her own that would put her on skyfather tier with thor when he has the "thorforce" If not a bit beyond.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I think they'll make WW win, but out of personal preference and bias, not actual research.
    Homebrew Stuff: