New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

And the future winner is...

Spoiler
    Show

Batman! Well, Terry. I frankly don't mind but I also don't care much because I know neither too well. I guess I could argue they allowed outside influence but they did the same with the Spy fight, so..
    I'm sure you could find other bits to argue about but in the end... I don't care much about this.

Not sure how much attention next week will get... I guess more than this?
    Spoiler
    Show

Sepiroth vs... Vergil? He's from... uh... I've seen him somewhere... I wanna say DMC? Yeah, internet says I'm right.
    Well, this might be fun to watch at the very least.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Colossus in the Playground

Im not certain I agree with the outcome of todays battle but I admit that as someone who only watched the cartoon series I likely missed a LOT of what terry could do. And as I had never read anything about this spiderman I was totally in the dark about him. As for the upcoming fight, rofl, this is probably going to get ugly in the fandom.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Im not certain I agree with the outcome of todays battle but I admit that as someone who only watched the cartoon series I likely missed a LOT of what terry could do. And as I had never read anything about this spiderman I was totally in the dark about him. As for the upcoming fight, rofl, this is probably going to get ugly in the fandom.
    The turning point of the battle was the outside assistance I think. I don't think though that it was fair to say the suit was unhackable cause the cave beat Brainiac, when the suit was hacked ATLEAST twice in just the cartoons. Though the speed feat is what kills it. Nevermind the fact that Spidey did not use Mjollner or however it's spelled.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Banned

I really hate the way they take random scenes, make a ton of assumptions about them, and then base the whole fight on it. Like the composition of the rock. For all they know it's hollow, or mostly ice or something. Most of the time Terry's strength is shown to top out much, much, much lower than 200 tons.

I do think Bats 2099 could win because of Bruce's input, but I don't like their argument.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was actually curious about this match up. Because I loved Beyond cartoon and Spidey2099 is one of my favourites.

I don't care about who won, only....

Spoiler
    Show

why putting so much big deal about the "new" "improved" 2099 white suit and then NOT using it?
    Expecially when Terry is using the "new" one, with higher speed and the sonic boom?
    I agree that the black one is MUCH cooler but... no use of hologram for misdirection?

Also, AI and Batman input were... pretty useless?

So much potential for a match that was so.... meh.
    I'm from Italy. So,sorry for my bad English!

Thanks A LOT to Nevitan for the fantastic Avatar!

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Moak View Post
    I was actually curious about this match up. Because I loved Beyond cartoon and Spidey2099 is one of my favourites.

I don't care about who won, only....

Spoiler
    Show

why putting so much big deal about the "new" "improved" 2099 white suit and then NOT using it?
    Expecially when Terry is using the "new" one, with higher speed and the sonic boom?
    I agree that the black one is MUCH cooler but... no use of hologram for misdirection?

Also, AI and Batman input were... pretty useless?

So much potential for a match that was so.... meh.
    Death Battle has this disclaimer that the way the fight plays out is only for show and not actually how the real fight would play out. Which is silly, because the only reason anyone watches them is to watch the fight, and certainly not for their "logic" or "science".

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Death Battle has this disclaimer that the way the fight plays out is only for show and not actually how the real fight would play out. Which is silly, because the only reason anyone watches them is to watch the fight, and certainly not for their "logic" or "science".
    I watch it for the random bits of pop culture trivia and once the fight start I often skip to the end.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed."

Cryptic avatar made by the fantastic Linklele

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Swift View Post
    I watch it for the random bits of pop culture trivia and once the fight start I often skip to the end.
    I suppose I stand corrected then.

9. - Top - End - #1449

I don't normally watch Death Battle...mostly because I'm still angry about the math errors and factual inaccuracies on a couple of high profile episodes, but a friend of mine linked this one and...

Spoiler: A major thing they got wrong
    Show
    The version of Miguel that wielded Mjolnir did get power from it. The reason he dind't gain Thor's Armor or Asgardian physiology is becuase that's not the kind of warrior or leader he was.

You can't pick up Mjolnir and not gain the power of Thor. The Worthiness Enchantment only stops you from picking the hammer up, most of "Thor's" powers are innate properties of the hammer that just holding the Hammer would bestow upon you.

So this fight should have been ridiculously one-sided in Miguel's favor.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-12-01 at 07:25 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I don't normally watch Death Battle...mostly because I'm still angry about the math errors and factual inaccuracies on a couple of high profile episodes, but a friend of mine linked this one and...

Spoiler: A major thing they got wrong
    Show
    The version of Miguel that wielded Mjolnir did get power from it. The reason he dind't gain Thor's Armor or Asgardian physiology is becuase that's not the kind of warrior or leader he was.

You can't pick up Mjolnir and not gain the power of Thor. The Worthiness Enchantment only stops you from picking the hammer up, most of "Thor's" powers are innate properties of the hammer that just holding the Hammer would bestow upon you.

So this fight should have been ridiculously one-sided in Miguel's favor.
    They always get major stuff wrong. I don't think one-off stuff like that should be included anyway though. Maybe he should have won by DB rules though. It would be nice if Death Battle made a set of rules and stuck to them, but I don't think they ever will.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2017-12-01 at 11:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1451

They always get major stuff wrong. I don't think one-off stuff like that should be included anyway though. Maybe he should have won by DB rules though. It would be nice if Death Battle made a set of rules and stuck to them, but I don't think they ever will.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That wasn't a one-off thing though. the Miguel from the timeline where he owned Mjolnir owned it for nearly a thousand years.(One of Miguel's spider-powers is ridiculously slowed aging. Not quite on the same level as Captain America, who is clinically immortal, but still)

Furthermore, Miguel's story was kind of building up to him becoming Mjolnir owner, with the Thorites declaring "Spider-Man" to be a sign of Thor's immenant return and all that.

Granted, that's not the version that got the upgraded armor(and the Mjolnir version might have gotten retconned out of existence, there's conflicting info on that,) but they brought it up so they should have used it--even if he didn't get powers from it, it's still a massive War Hammer capable of leaving a dent in true Adamantium when swung hard enough and is magically indestructable.

Belatedly, I realize that they left out that Miguel is telepathic.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-12-01 at 11:53 AM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

So, Sephiroth blurb is up. Still haven't played any DMC but doesn't this battle seem incredibly unfair?
    Seph has his magical, never-miss "HP to 1" attack. How is Vergil supposed to counter that?
    Also, we probably need to make a new thread soon. Any ideas for names?
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Eh... I don't know... If Bayonetta couldn't kill Dante, why would Sephiroth be able to kill Vergil? Bayonetta killed angels and gods. Sephiroth... Killed Aerith. With a surprise back-stab. But other than that, he doesn't really accomplish much... And can obviously be destroyed by three relatively normal guys. Also, that full-to-1-hp attack?! It can be interrupted )well, in Kingdom Hearts, anyway).
    Homebrew Stuff:

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Eh... I don't know... If Bayonetta couldn't kill Dante, why would Sephiroth be able to kill Vergil? Bayonetta killed angels and gods. Sephiroth... Killed Aerith. With a surprise back-stab. But other than that, he doesn't really accomplish much... And can obviously be destroyed by three relatively normal guys. Also, that full-to-1-hp attack?! It can be interrupted )well, in Kingdom Hearts, anyway).
    To be fair he got a pretty big power boost after he killed Aerith. Though, yeah, I do think that Vergil is going to win regardless.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #1455

According to a storyline in Question volume 2, a miniseries from 2005, Superman's physiology being sun based means that "Planetary based esoteric and vital forces" are super effective against him, with chi being cited explicitly and a statement being made that a concentrated amount of those energies would cripple and eventually kill him

There are multiple demonstrations that "divine or semi-divine" energies count as magic and are in fact the magic that Superman is most vulnerable to.

Meaning that, had Screwattack read Superman's DC wiki page, the Superman v Goku fights would have gone radically different.

I bring this up, not to start a flame war or whatever the reason they say for why they won't revisit that is, but to demonstrate that Screwattack either fails to do the basic most research on a character at best or cherry picks facts at worst.

Like, for example, them misunderstanding what Miguel Ohara not transforming while wielding Mjolnir meant, to use the most recent example.

The last episode should have been ridiculously onesided in Miguel's favor, but Terry still won.

Sephiroth vs Vergil is even because Screwattack says so and the winner is going to be whichever one they think is cooler that they did the most research on depends on how many overcites and errors they make.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-12-07 at 03:32 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Banned

Dante should have probably lost against Bayonetta if we're being honest. The fact that he won means Vergil should handily beat Sephiroth.

However, this is the company that had Wonder Woman lose to Rogue and then beat Thor. They aren't even consistent within the bounds of their own "research".

17. - Top - End - #1457

Dante should have probably lost against Bayonetta if we're being honest. The fact that he won means Vergil should handily beat Sephiroth.

However, this is the company that had Wonder Woman lose to Rogue and then beat Thor. They aren't even consistent within the bounds of their own "research".
    Yeah that was more than a little absurd. As for sephiroth versus dante, im thinking it wont end well for sephy. I mean, even in his final form, unless they go with the fluff of his "supernova" move instead of the crunch, he really doesnt have anything THAT special. "Oh my god, the final attack of sephiroth would unleash the equivalent of 90x the worlds supply of nuclear weapons all over the hemisphere of the planet the fight takes place on, reducing the world to ash in a heartbeat."

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly the way they handled Dante's regeneration bodes ill for this fight. They clearly just decided he was to immortal to harm for real because he tanks the occasional big hit and left it at that, add in the weird cutting every raindrop ever feat they made up and things go south fast. That said Virgil dies at some point eventually and Sephiroth is among the most dangerous entities in Final Fantasy cannon. If his plan had gone off he would be in the range of Kefka for WTF power scales of outright godhood and without he is rather insane, he doesn't loose to a couple of rando's so much as Cloud has the same genova cell weirdness that he does and can fight on his metaphysical level.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Honestly the way they handled Dante's regeneration bodes ill for this fight. They clearly just decided he was to immortal to harm for real because he tanks the occasional big hit and left it at that, add in the weird cutting every raindrop ever feat they made up and things go south fast. That said Virgil dies at some point eventually and Sephiroth is among the most dangerous entities in Final Fantasy cannon. If his plan had gone off he would be in the range of Kefka for WTF power scales of outright godhood and without he is rather insane, he doesn't loose to a couple of rando's so much as Cloud has the same genova cell weirdness that he does and can fight on his metaphysical level.
    Wasnt the world stream also rejecting him at that point as well? Or at least trying to. I know he was holding back the whole aeris anti meteor spell thing which likely also handicapped him to at least some extent.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    According to a storyline in Question volume 2, a miniseries from 2005, Superman's physiology being sun based means that "Planetary based esoteric and vital forces" are super effective against him, with chi being cited explicitly and a statement being made that a concentrated amount of those energies would cripple and eventually kill him

There are multiple demonstrations that "divine or semi-divine" energies count as magic and are in fact the magic that Superman is most vulnerable to.

Meaning that, had Screwattack read Superman's DC wiki page, the Superman v Goku fights would have gone radically different.
    Hah! Doesn't even have to go that far... You only have to remember that they completely borked the math from the very beginning! And that the "Superman has infinity strength" makes absolutely no sense! It's explicitly stated that the energy that fuels Superman's powers comes from the Sun, and even if Superman absorbed all energy from every yellow sun in the universe and somehow multiplied it by 1 trillion, it still wouldn't be infinity. Or, even simpler: If Superman has infinity strength, so does every other kryptonian... So why evil ones (like Zod, Faora and evil versions of Superman who have no qualms about killing) don't simply one-shot all their opponents? Hell! Why doesn't Superman simply one-shot robot enemies? Goku x Superman was one of the most obviously biased and "trolly" they ever made.

I don't know about that... Bayonetta has a lot of firepower, but they do have a point in that Dante is effectively immortal (and really freaking powerful with Devil Trigger activated, which he's only beginning to master).

Truer words were never said. This is what irks me the most about DB... They are completely inconsistent even within their own material. And some fights have their results decided even before they start their "research" (Superman x Goku and WW x Thor being clear examples, IMHO).
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-12-07 at 07:49 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Heartless Angel is actually an insta-kill, it only leaves you with 1 HP if you have Second chance equipped (which prevent any attack from killing you if you're above 1 HP). A common confusion, since everybody equips Second Chance ASAP and never removes it.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Banned

And some fights have their results decided even before they start their "research" (Superman x Goku and WW x Thor being clear examples, IMHO).
    They admit to that with Ichigo vs Naruto. They were just looking to see if Ichigo could keep up which isn't hard seeing how they lied about most of Naruto's feats anyway.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

I tend watch the whole thing. Thought I do wonder how much rigor they would have to put into the research to please everyone...

They were just looking to see if Ichigo could keep up which isn't hard seeing how they lied about most of Naruto's feats anyway.
    Yep, that was a squash match: it seems the more people want to see a fight the more likely it's completely unbalanced.

Though I do wonder about the lying part, can you explain in more detail? Like, was that destroyed moon only a tiny moon like in DK vs Knuckles?

Truer words were never said. This is what irks me the most about DB... They are completely inconsistent even within their own material.
    True, but the show's been around for a bit now and has expanded enough they can outsource research, so if they redid that fight with their current method it may end in Wonder Woman's favor.

Though that kind of proves your point. Hm.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone seems to forget that Rogue was the version with Ms. Marvels durability and powers. That does so much to give her the leverage to get a decent drain onto WW. Sure I think Wonder Woman would likely still win but it is hardly a total stomp.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Heartless Angel is actually an insta-kill, it only leaves you with 1 HP if you have Second chance equipped (which prevent any attack from killing you if you're above 1 HP). A common confusion, since everybody equips Second Chance ASAP and never removes it.
    I didn't even remember equipping skills was a thing in KH...

Man, it's been a long time since I played that...
    Homebrew Stuff:

26. - Top - End - #1466

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Everyone seems to forget that Rogue was the version with Ms. Marvels durability and powers. That does so much to give her the leverage to get a decent drain onto WW. Sure I think Wonder Woman would likely still win but it is hardly a total stomp.
    Yeah but it was the xman cartoons ms marvel, someone who rogue beat BEFORE she had those abilities. Its not like she was superman with breasts in that incarnation. Meanwhile wasnt that the wonder woman that can fly at light speeds and go toe to toe with the ACTUAL superman?

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't even remember equipping skills was a thing in KH...

Man, it's been a long time since I played that...
    I do a replay of the KH series (well, 1, 2, and Birth By Sleep anyway, 358/2 sucks, the remake of Chain of Memories sucks and I don't have the original any more, and I don't have Dream Drop yet) every couple of years, currently in the middle of 1.5 Final Mix.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2017-12-09 at 11:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yeah but it was the xman cartoons ms marvel, someone who rogue beat BEFORE she had those abilities. Its not like she was superman with breasts in that incarnation. Meanwhile wasnt that the wonder woman that can fly at light speeds and go toe to toe with the ACTUAL superman?
    Why would they do cartoon Rogue and comic Wonder Woman?

Though "can go toe-to-toe with ACTUAL superman" is pretty much why these debates are pointless.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

People are aware that having Ms. Marvels powers was a thing for Rogue in the comics as well right? It was pretty much how she was introduced and was considered her default setting for a long time in comic book terms. Personally I think it was the wrong call to give her said powers since its not the most up to date version of a characters powers but it at least makes some amount of sense to go with an iconic version and it fits with how they have decided the Equipment for RPG characters. Death Battle sense. Kind of like Death Battle logic. Code for bull****

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Though I do wonder about the lying part, can you explain in more detail? Like, was that destroyed moon only a tiny moon like in DK vs Knuckles?
    Two large ones were Naruto's moon is hollow and the interior's floor space is large enough for them to build an entire county in it so it's not like when I say hollow I mean it has a tiny cave either. Then Naruto's Truth Orb blocked Madara's mouth blown extends-as-fast-as-light laser for a moment before shattering giving Sage-of-Six-Paths Naruto the time he needed to dodge it (in the manga Madara doesn't even shoot the beam directly at Naruto either, instead it's as fast as he can turn his head to swipe it at him), they simply cited this as Naruto is able to dodge FTL attacks. Naruto isn't as fast or as powerful as they claimed.

And if you wanted to count beams of light for speed feats. A Menos's Negacion, the pillar of light Aizen used to escape soul society after revealing who he was, also moves at the speed of light. Sui-Feng & Yoruichi were able to disengage from Aizen in time to dodge it and I know you want to attribute that to them both being fast as far as Shinigami go. But both panel & anime wise a second beam breaks through the sky and after that Hisagi also disengages from Tosen and dodges one too. So if DB wants to say Naruto is FLT for failing to dodge a light-speed attack then Bleach's normal lieutenant's are too.

And so is child Goku, funny how they didn't want to bring that up before...
    Last edited by Mato; 2017-12-10 at 03:14 PM.